George Floyd - Chauvin TRIAL

6,470 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by going4roses
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OMG, the number 1 ranking police guy is selling Chauvin down the river.
This is awesome courtroom action! Ive watched parts of these past few days and Chauvin is SO going down. The city police dept has already given a $27M payment to the Floyd family. They are free and clear. They are not going to have people rioting against them - they are no way going to back up Chauvin!!!! They just called a break, because I suspect Chauvin took a dump in his pants in the courtroom.

Says that there are 4 stages of force police use.
1, talk to the person.
2, soft, lead with a hand on back or something.
3, harder, mace or handcuffs.
4, deadly.
and you escalate depending upon circumstances.

Q. What is your responsibility to someone when you handcuff them?
A. They are yours.

Q. Have level of force is putting knee in someones neck?
A. Deadly.

Q. Have you ever been trained to put your knee on the back of the neck?
A. No.

Honestly, I have NO idea what Chauvin was thinking during those 8 minutes, but he TOTALLY Fd himself, and Floyd, over. His goose is cooked!
LMK5
concordtom said:

This is awesome courtroom action! Ive watched parts of these past few days and Chauvin is SO going down. The city police dept has already given a $27M payment to the Floyd family. They are free and clear. They are not going to have people rioting against them - they are no way going to back up Chauvin!!!! They just called a break, because I suspect Chauvin took a dump in his pants in the courtroom.

1, talk to the person.
4, deadly.

A. They are yours.

A. Deadly.

A. No.

Honestly, I have NO idea what Chauvin was thinking during those 8 minutes, but he TOTALLY Fd himself, and Floyd, over. His goose is cooked!
Are you watching this live with media timeouts and all that?
The truth lies somewhere between CNN and Fox.
bearister
My understanding is that none of the crimes charged have "intent to murder" as an element so they should run the table on him. The problem is, one hold out juror can hang it.

Minneapolis woman recalls chilling Derek Chauvin run-in - Los Angeles Times

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-06-04/woman-recalls-minneapolis-officer-derek-chauvin-2007-traffic-stop
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearForce2
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
concordtom
LMK5 said:

concordtom said:

1, talk to the person.
4, deadly.

A. They are yours.

A. Deadly.

A. No.

I was watching abc news channel. They didn't take timeouts.
Headline news also is airing.
One of them (abc?) would hit pause if they went to commercial and catch up during sidebars and/or bathroom breaks, which I thought was pretty good.
LMK5
concordtom said:

LMK5 said:

concordtom said:

1, talk to the person.
4, deadly.

A. They are yours.

A. Deadly.

A. No.

One of them (abc?) would hit pause if they went to commercial and catch up during sidebars and/or bathroom breaks, which I thought was pretty good.
I see. Did they have a pretty lady providing analysis on the street outside the courthouse?
concordtom
BearForce2 said:

Of course, we disagree on many things R vs D.
But I'm curious why you post this angle here. It's oppositional to what I feel most everyone agrees with, and that is that Chauvin clearly caused Floyd's death. Yes, the defense is going to try and convince a few jurors to think he OD'd, but you don't really believe that, do you?

If so, I'll simply be shocked once again at the width and height of the lines that divide America. Like, spin permeates and overpowers video evidence. I mean, have you watched the full length videos of him dying? Thank you. I'm not trying to be antagonistic with my questions. Just trying to understand.

concordtom
LMK5 said:

concordtom said:

LMK5 said:

concordtom said:

1, talk to the person.
4, deadly.

A. They are yours.

A. Deadly.

A. No.

I see. Did they have a pretty lady providing analysis on the street outside the courthouse?

No, I didn't see that.
I was just watching the two sides' attorneys, the judge, and the witnesses, when they were shown (minor witnesses were not shown).

It's interesting courtroom procedure. Ask the question this way, do not ask leading questions, do not speculate in your answers, etc. our system of jurisprudence on display, not anything I've witnessed other than on tv. It's the basis for settling right from wrong in America. A process worth understanding.

I take it you are making a Don Henley Dirty Laundry quip.
ha
ha

concordtom
A review video
concordtom
There are many cameras of the event.
From building across the street to multiple police chest cameras to many bystander videos. But this one shows him alive, pleading, then dying, then dead, dragged away body lifeless. I don't think any defense will overcome what we can see with our own eyes.

Floyd was walking around just fine before Chauvin showed up and choked him out. The bystanders could all understand what was happening. Chauvin's 3 colleagues failed to do anything other than help Chsuvin's mistake.

concordtom
LMK5 said:

concordtom said:

LMK5 said:

concordtom said:

1, talk to the person.
4, deadly.

A. They are yours.

A. Deadly.

A. No.

When you say, "pretty lady", you mean like Ann Coulter trying to focus attention on drugs?
LMK5
concordtom said:

LMK5 said:

concordtom said:

LMK5 said:

concordtom said:

1, talk to the person.
4, deadly.

A. They are yours.

A. Deadly.

A. No.

When you say, "pretty lady", you mean like Ann Coulter trying to focus attention on drugs?
No, I mean something like the ladies freezing their tushies off on the NFL sidelines while giving the occasional input to the main broadcast team.

With the police department officials testifying against Chauvin, it's hard to see a scenario where he prevails. Did they say how long they expect the trial to last?
concordtom
LMK5 said:

Did they say how long they expect the trial to last?
If someone has said, I haven't heard. No clue.
But if he is found Not Guilty, I'm selling S&P500 Futures

bearister
Has this story ever been discredited?

Did George Floyd and Derek Chauvin know each other?

https://www.ajc.com/news/did-george-floyd-and-derek-chauvin-know-each-other-worker-says-they-did/ljRJcFGDMp3H1LBBqcebKN/
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ajc.com/news/did-george-floyd-and-derek-chauvin-know-each-other-worker-says-they-did/ljRJcFGDMp3H1LBBqcebKN/%3foutputType=amp
concordtom
bearister said:

Did George Floyd and Derek Chauvin knew each other?

The way he callously killed him does make you think there was something personal.
However, maybe George would have addressed him personally in the video were that the case.
MinotStateBeav
Watching the trial vs seeing the coverage of the trial by the media, it's easy to see that the media is fomenting the impending riots.
bearister
concordtom said:

bearister said:

The way he callously killed him does make you think there was something personal.
However, maybe George would have addressed him personally in the video were that the case.

You purportedly quoted me, but as you can see my original post did not contain any grammatical errors. FAKE NEWS!
hanky1
He had a lethal dose of Speedball mixture in him per the coroner.

Floyd would be alive if not for the drugs.

Floyd would also be alive if the cop didn't kneel on him.

Both statements can be true.
cbbass1

Sign: "Racism is so American that when you protest against it, people think you're protesting America."

BearForce2
concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

But I'm curious why you post this angle here. It's oppositional to what I feel most everyone agrees with, and that is that Chauvin clearly caused Floyd's death. Yes, the defense is going to try and convince a few jurors to think he OD'd, but you don't really believe that, do you?

If so, I'll simply be shocked once again at the width and height of the lines that divide America. Like, spin permeates and overpowers video evidence. I mean, have you watched the full length videos of him dying? Thank you. I'm not trying to be antagonistic with my questions. Just trying to understand.

Drugs played a role did it not? Fentanyl wasn't on the minds of those who were burning and looting in the early riots.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
helltopay1
Everyone deserves a fair trial. Raise your hand if you think Chauvin can get a fair trial in Minneapolis. Several jurors opted out because they feared for their lives if they sat on the jury and voted in a way that upset the thousands of agitators in that city. The Constitution demands a fair trial and due process. What is the over/under on these demands being met?? Read Andy McCarthy who is reporting on the trial on a daily basis.
concordtom
bearister said:

concordtom said:

bearister said:

You purportedly quoted me, but as you can see my original post did not contain any grammatical errors. FAKE NEWS!
No. I was using you as in the generic you.
Let me clean it up:

"The way he callously killed him does might make you one/me think there was something personal between them."
concordtom
hanky1 said:

But which was more causative?
No doubt in my mind, Chauvin bears the vast majority of blame. No question.
concordtom
BearForce2 said:

concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

Drugs played a role did it not? Fentanyl wasn't on the minds of those who were burning and looting in the early riots.

What if the additive affect of drugs that Chauvin could not possibly incorporate into his assessment of "how much can he take" was, instead, a congenital heart defect - or some other unknowable health impact?

Wouldn't the arresting officer still "own" the care of the patient/arrestee once he had him under control?
Yes, I think so.

So, the addition of drugs doesn't impact my thinking about Chauvin being guilty.
concordtom
helltopay1 said:

Everyone deserves a fair trial. Raise your hand if you think Chauvin can get a fair trial in Minneapolis. Several jurors opted out because they feared for their lives if they sat on the jury and voted in a way that upset the thousands of agitators in that city. The Constitution demands a fair trial and due process. What is the over/under on these demands being met?? Read Andy McCarthy who is reporting on the trial on a daily basis.
I'll read this person you mention, as I am curious how others are interpreting the case.
But, yeah, I think he can get a fair enough trial. As much as anyone has ever gotten in this country. He's got lawyers bringing up everything possible. It's all calm and orderly. Heck, it's not like a mob is lynching him at the town square tree. This is, essentially, as good as justice gets. Perhaps not idealistically perfect, but very good.

Frankly, I interpret tears of "not a fair trial" to be like so many other smoke screen attempts. This is like OJ, but with a real live video of him doing it.

concordtom
hanky1 said:

Both can be true, I agree.
However, it's not at all clear to me that he wouldn't still be dead without the drugs - while it is absolutely clear to me that he'd be dead without Chauvin.
We will never know how much the drugs played into it. We DO know how much Chauvin played into it.
hanky1
concordtom said:

hanky1 said:

You are probably right, but the standard is reasonable doubt. Do the drugs create reasonable doubt? Probably.
BearlyCareAnymore
hanky1 said:

I don't agree, but under the law you just got your client convicted of murder.
BearlyCareAnymore
hanky1 said:

concordtom said:

hanky1 said:

You are probably right, but the standard is reasonable doubt. Do the drugs create reasonable doubt? Probably.

No it doesn't

If 1 guy shoots a guy in the head, and a millisecond before he takes his dying breath another guy shoots him again killing him, the second is guilty of murder.

Even if drugs contributed to death, or a heart condition or any thing else, you take your victim as you find them.

Many people have been convicted of murder when people have had a heart attack during a robbery. You commit a crime you are responsible for the consequences.
chazzed
OaktownBear said:

hanky1 said:

I don't agree, but under the law you just got your client convicted of murder.

As is the case with his supreme, orange master, anything hanky touches goes to hell.
hanky1
OaktownBear said:

hanky1 said:

concordtom said:

hanky1 said:

No it doesn't

If 1 guy shoots a guy in the head, and a millisecond before he takes his dying breath another guy shoots him again killing him, the second is guilty of murder.

Even if drugs contributed to death, or a heart condition or any thing else, you take your victim as you find them.

Many people have been convicted of murder when people have had a heart attack during a robbery. You commit a crime you are responsible for the consequences.

What has anyone done or said to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that Floyd died from Chauvin's knee rather than the lethal dose of Speedball he had flowing through his veins ?
BearlyCareAnymore
hanky1 said:

OaktownBear said:

hanky1 said:

concordtom said:

hanky1 said:

No it doesn't

What has anyone done or said to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that Floyd died from Chauvin's knee rather than the lethal dose of Speedball he had flowing through his veins ?

You literally just said he would be alive if a cop didn't kneel on his neck. That means under the law the cop is guilty

It is not reasonable doubt to speculate that an overdose just happened to kick in at the same moment someone was constricting his artery. We watched him on the video suffocate.

You want to say he is innocent if drugs contributed but the opposite is true. He is guilty if the kneeling contributed.
concordtom
hanky1 said:

concordtom said:

hanky1 said:

Not in light of the video evidence. Watch it a few more times and let it sink in. Chauvin never checks on him. He's just hanging out there.
Once Floyd goes limp under him, he turns his attention to the crowd.
It finally ends when the EMT guy asks him to get off so he can take him away.
I can't imagine Chauvin would knowingly kill him like that, so I simply cannot fathom what happened in his mind. It simply clicked off for him. He ran a red light without seeing it, t-boned someone in the intersection. Ooops.
Except this is worse. People drive subconsciously ALL THE TIME.
We don't subconsciously arrest people. Or if he does, well... I just cannot fathom what happened in his brain. He F'd up big time and is going to jail as a result.
dajo9
concordtom said:

hanky1 said:

concordtom said:

hanky1 said:

Not in light of the video evidence. Watch it a few more times and let it sink in. Chauvin never checks on him. He's just hanging out there.
Once Floyd goes limp under him, he turns his attention to the crowd.
It finally ends when the EMT guy asks him to get off so he can take him away.
I can't imagine Chauvin would knowingly kill him like that, so I simply cannot fathom what happened in his mind. It simply clicked off for him. He ran a red light without seeing it, t-boned someone in the intersection. Ooops.
Except this is worse. People drive subconsciously ALL THE TIME.
We don't subconsciously arrest people. Or if he does, well... I just cannot fathom what happened in his brain. He F'd up big time and is going to jail as a result.

You give Chauvin a lot of leeway. When I see the video I see a power tripping cold blooded mentally present murderer.
American Vermin
okaydo
BearForce2 said:

Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.