George Floyd - Chauvin TRIAL

6,603 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by going4roses
kelly09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

I'd say he joined a long line of jailbirds that were set up: Jeffrey Dahmer, Whitey Bulger, Father John Geoghan, etc.
Have you seen The Fall of Minneapolis, Bearister. Could you even attempt to be neutral? It seems like that would be at the least expecyed of a lawyer with a Cal degree.
bearister
kelly09 said:

bearister said:

I'd say he joined a long line of jailbirds that were set up: Jeffrey Dahmer, Whitey Bulger, Father John Geoghan, etc.
Have you seen The Fall of Minneapolis, Bearister. Could you even attempt to be neutral? It seems like that would be at the least expecyed of a lawyer with a Cal degree.

Provide a few links to your comments on this board that you believe exemplify your neutrality and perhaps I can learn something.

BTW, my comment that you quote is factual and thus neutral. I also find it strange that you would take umbrage to my comment that Chauvin was "set up" to be murdered.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
kelly09
bearister said:

kelly09 said:

bearister said:

C\I'd say he joined a long line of jailbirds that were set up: Jeffrey Dahmer, Whitey Bulger, Father John Geoghan, etc.

Provide a few links to your comments on this board that you believe exemplify your neutrality and perhaps I can learn something.

BTW, my comment that you quote is factual and thus neutral.
I don't think Chauvin is in the company of Geoghan, Dahmer and Bulger. BTW, I don't alway's disagree with you. I never believed, guilty or not, that Chauvin got anything near a fair trial. The new documentary does not say Chauvin was not guilty. It certainly questions American Jurisprudence when race and politics are the principal motivations in determining guilt or innocence.
Some whites say that OJ was guilty!
bearister
I had no choice but to put him in the company of the only others I could think of that were deliberately put into circumstances of danger by the correctional facility operators.
oski003
bearister said:

I had no choice but to put him in the company of the only others I could think of that were deliberately put into circumstances of danger by the correctional facility operators.

What about Dorothy Day and Charner Gordon?
concordtom
bearister said:

Regarding Epstein, tRump was a Lolita Express aficionado, and as POTUS had the most to lose if Epstein got chatty. The Clintons were has beens at the time of his death.

Is the jail Epstein died at on 5th Ave?
Or, how far away,,, Trump tells us exactly what he's going to do before he does it.
bear2034
The prisoner who stabbed Derek Chauvin 22 times is an ex-FBI informant.
bearister
bear2034 said:

The prisoner who stabbed Derek Chauvin 22 times is an ex-FBI informant.

Which plays into the motive: He had to be working at the behest of the gang that is currently protecting him from his former Mexican gang hermanos that he ratted out to the FBI.
82gradDLSdad
Glenn Loury and John McWhorter discuss the George Floyd case on Glenn Loury's podcast. They seem pretty compelling. I have never followed the George Floyd case. It occurred during a time when I was busy with other things.
concordtom
82gradDLSdad said:

Glenn Loury and John McWhorter discuss the George Floyd case on Glenn Loury's podcast. They seem pretty compelling. I have never followed the George Floyd case. It occurred during a time when I was busy with other things.

I dunno what that podcast is saying, but I followed the case. It was horrific and I can understand why so many people became outraged.

The prosecution presented video tape overlays to construct a timeline as if you were there, and inserted testimony who were seen on video to help fill in gaps.

Having had many questions before viewing all that, and having felt satisfied with an understanding after, I'm not sure that any podcast (audio) discussion could take the fair place of the video.

Mind you, I could see it from the standpoint of Chauvin and his fellow officers, too. It was just a tragic series of events.

Nonetheless, I came away with a conclusion that Chauvin acted negligently, irresponsibly, dangerously with another human life at a time when common sense should have guided him differently.

Disclaimer: I speak those words knowing they have legal definitions but not exactly understanding how those definitions play in court.

Chauvin was foolish. He accidentally killed Floyd. Yet, I felt, HE (unknowingly when he should have known) clearly killed him. We have to expect much more from police.

The prosecution did a great job, had tons of evidence to help me arrive at that conclusion.
I'd be careful if I were you trying to arrive at a conclusion without the prosecution's video evidence and multiple person testimony, linking it all up.

It's a sad situation all the way around!!!
Chauvin doesn't deserve to be stabbed in prison. I'm not even sure how long he should be in prison for. Probably less than he is!
There was no good execution of law for Floyd, and there's no good justice here for Chauvin, either.
82gradDLSdad
"I dunno what that podcast is saying,"

Well, I thought the podcast was pretty easy to follow. I guess we have nothing further to discuss. I understand being on two different communication paths...having been married for 40 years.
going4roses
John McWhorter is terrible person, so much self hate his platform is supported by racist people that need brown skin faces to do their dirty work. He is handsomely paid for his full capitulation.

For reference and understanding this dynamic Read Fanons'
Black Skin White Mask

His type are colonizers wet dream
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
82gradDLSdad
going4roses said:

John McWhorter is terrible person, so much self hate his platform is supported by racist people that need brown skin faces to do their dirty work. He is handsomely paid for his full capitulation.

For reference and understanding this dynamic Read Fanons'
Black Skin White Mask

His type are colonizers wet dream

Other guy on his podcast too? Terrible person? Racist with a black face?
going4roses
Don't know the other guy …
concordtom
82gradDLSdad said:

Well, I thought the podcast was pretty easy to follow. I guess we have nothing further to discuss. I understand being on two different communication paths...having been married for 40 years.

I didn't know because I haven't listened to it. Maybe it IS easy to follow! Granted.

My saying that was not to oppose you or the podcast, it was only to explain from my perspective.

You're free to state your perspective based on the podcast or whatever else.
82gradDLSdad
concordtom said:

82gradDLSdad said:

I didn't know because I haven't listened to it. Maybe it IS easy to follow! Granted.

My saying that was not to oppose you or the podcast, it was only to explain from my perspective.

The two prominent guys, podcaster/professor and journalist state that police body cam footage show clearly that Chauvin's knew was on Floyd's shoulder, as is taught. This wasn't disclosed during the trial. There are many, many other pieces of evidence. You might be surprised by the podcast or like G4R you might think that the two prominent black men are well paid by whitey to distort the truth.
dajo9
https://www.threads.net/@jonstewartdaily/post/C0sP8tTO2zm/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==
American Vermin
going4roses
dajo9 said:

https://www.threads.net/@jonstewartdaily/post/C0sP8tTO2zm/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Segregation never stopped
Redlining never stopped
Discrimination never stopped
The past due debt still hasn't been paid
Acknowledgment of the systemic terrorism has yet to happen
Shhh so upside down people think being bias/bigoted towards some one is Racism or anything equivalent
concordtom
82gradDLSdad said:

concordtom said:

82gradDLSdad said:

The two prominent guys, podcaster/professor and journalist state that police body cam footage show clearly that Chauvin's knew was on Floyd's shoulder, as is taught. This wasn't disclosed during the trial. There are many, many other pieces of evidence. You might be surprised by the podcast or like G4R you might think that the two prominent black men are well paid by whitey to distort the truth.

Well, I watched the trial, where prosecutor AND defense both had their chance to lobby their side.

Is the prosecution team back in action on this podcast? Or is it a one sided affair?

It's amazing what skilled presenters can convince people of if there is no rebuttal!

https://www.vox.com/22364721/george-floyd-chauvin-trial-televised
going4roses
Let me ask you this ?
What have elders or Owen or Thomas or sowell done(tangible gains)for Black people?

Being a certified sellout for white supremacy is quite profitable

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.