Verdict has been reached after 11 hours

17,355 Views | 236 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by going4roses
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

Did you know about this incident closer to home?

Bloody Island massacre - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Island_massacre

I had never heard about it until I read this brilliant book a couple of years ago:

No, I hadn't.
But that's probably because there were no convictions.
concordtom
wifeisafurd said:

dajo9 said:

wifeisafurd said:

Unit 2, Dajo and you sound like left wing versions of John Mitchell, complete with his rhetoric. The Biden Justice Department said in a March court filing that the Capitol attack "is likely the most complex investigation ever prosecuted by the Department of Justice." The government said it has issued a combined total of over 900 search warrants and the investigation has included more than 15,000 hours of surveillance and body-worn camera footage from multiple law enforcement agencies. The government has also gathered approximately 1,600 electronic devices, the results of hundreds of searches of electronic communication providers, over 80,000 reports and 93,000 attachments related to law enforcement interviews and other investigative steps, authorities said in a filing.

And what did we get for all that? 100 defendants have been charged with assaulting, resisting or impeding officers or employees, 35 of those were charged with using a deadly or dangerous weapon and 350 were charged with wait for it - entering or remaining in a restricted building or grounds. About 30 of these defendants have been charged with conspiracy which sounds mighty impressive until you see it is a charge that alleges they coordinated with others to commit an offense of entering the capital building and destroying property. So little John Mitchells, after the most unprecedented investigation of all time, you have managed to take charges typically levelled at demonstrators at a government building sit-in into a coup, insurrection, treason or whatever drivel you read on twitter. All the weight of the Federal law enforcement and not one charge of treason, sedition, or even advocating overthrowing the government (which by the way is a federal crime). Not even one piece of evidence in the thousands of pages of allegations even suggesting a coup motive.

The usual nut job display of Trump protestors, which were egged on by a Trump speech and found themselves remarkably going places they could never imagine inside the Capital building, through embarrassingly lax security, turned into sone anti-government coup, by what, your reading Vox or Salon or parroting pompous TV spoke holes? The revolution that didn't even have bullets and firearms, less military grade equipment. Those horrible dangerous weapons charges? Pepper spray, bear spray (must have been someone from BI), baseball bats and flagpoles wielded as clubs sounds like your average demonstration in some cities. Oh yes, one guy had a stun gun. And the demonstrators got into a fight with the security forces. Think that might have happened at few demonstrations earlier that year? The Chicago 7 at least got charged with meaningful crimes: crossing state lines with intent to incite a riot, conspiracy, and teaching demonstrators how to construct incendiary devices. And they even occupied a public park for a few days, and seemingly at least said they were trying to subvert a major party convention from electing a certain Presidential candidate (though they probably had different motivations if the TV show is to be believed). And the demonstrators in Chicago basically got hit with the same charges as those lightweight Trump protestors.

Sometimes I feel bad for lawyers. Forced to look at the real world through the lens of a law book.

Wife's response reminds me of Trump claiming "No Collusion!" and then having all his supporters say, "see, nobody has indicted Trump for collusion. Ergo, there is no evidence of collusion". Contrary to what Wife says above, there is tons of evidence of a coup attempt (not a legal term, at least as far as I am using it and most people use it) just as there has always been tons of evidence of collusion (not a legal term).

Furthermore, the investigations into what happened on January 6th are ongoing. Particularly as it pertains to bigger issues, like how to handle government officials, which would be handled at a very high level. Wife is spiking the football at the 5 yard line here. Merrick Garland was only confirmed as Attorney General on March 10th. The Deputy Attorney General has been in position for all of 2 days.

Not that I expect much to be legally done to high profile Trumpers related to the January 6th coup attempt. Democrats are timid and it is always easier for your agenda to just move forward. I'm not expecting much from the Department of Justice. But I know what happened.
Sometimes I feel bad when people don't use words when they don't understand what they mean. A coup is to seize power. Standard dictionary stuff. Which is pretty much how the stature reads. US Capitol breach 'almost textbook' sedition, legal expert sayshttps://www.freep.com local michigan 2021/01/06

The problem is that you actually need evidence that protestors went into the Capital with the idea of seizing the government, which you don't have, despite knowing what happened based on your textbook review of Salon, Vox, and others or republish tweets. That you would think a few nut jobs armed with things like pepper spray went in to seize the government from the 1,200 armed officers on duty in the Capital building on Jan. 6 and a list of such things as the protestors knew about the the protest before they went the to the protest, or chanted things (because no one ever chants things like that at protests), or protestors were there the day of certification to protest the certification of what they thought was a stolen election (wow...), or other conspiratorial drivel, says more about you then the intent of the protestors.

Oh yes, we all know what happened in our own agenda. Maybe coup means Cal will seize the Rose Bowl, in a non-legal sort of way.
Thanks for spawning so much additional thoughtful commentary in this thread.

I mean, if it wasn't for the fact that Lt. Calley served 3 years, even this, too, could be argued into non-existence, too. But since there was a conviction, I guess we know it actually happened, and wasn't just a bunch of speculation based upon left wing hearsay media outlets.

concordtom
1 single conviction.
Life sentence for Lt. Calley.
Paroled after 3 years.

concordtom
Hey Wife,
I looked up "Failed Coups"

Too many to research, but some really interesting videos on YouTube about it. And this list here may potentially include the Jan 6 failed coup in DC. You may elect to use a different word that coup, since I suppose you expect bombs and shootings. I understand, and agree. It was the strangest day imaginable.

Maybe Trump thought Jan 6 would merely be the first foray. Throw a bunch of agitators up there and see what happens next. Maybe "innocent patriots" get shot and sways politicians to stop the electoral college vote, open investigations. Maybe mass riots ensue and he gets to call marshal law.

Plain and simple, Trump didn't have a plan for Presidency from Day 1. He winged it all 4 years.
In the end, he was cornered and defeated by his own doing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_coups_and_coup_attempts
hanky1
Systematic racism

going4roses
For bf lmk hanky and their sympathizors
60 yrs ago ...
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeQrQeME/

Is he talking about you?
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
wifeisafurd
concordtom said:

dajo9 said:

Let's look at all the things that legally never happened as there were no judicial convictions.

- The Boston Tea Party
- The theft of Cherokee land
- Southern treason in the Civil War
- The numerous massacres of blacks that ended reconstruction
- The massacre at Wounded Knee
- The Tulsa race massacre
- The lynching my grandfather witnessed with his own eyes
- The many murders of the Civil Rights era
- Banks screwing over people in the Great Recession

This is just a partial list. You think these things happened? Find me the case code.

Brilliant, lol.
See, that's why I called you Mister Dajo.
Because here I was going to give the analogy of the nervous inexperienced drunk teenager who was at a party one Saturday night when his friends came up to him and told him about the girl who was passed out drunk in the bedroom downstairs. This was his big chance, they said, excitedly.

"Really?"
"Yeah, dude. And she's right there. All you gotta do is go in there and DO it!"

The teen started to get a hard-on at the thought.

"And what's more," the friends sermoned, "if you don't do it now, you'll never be a man. You've got to have strength to be a man!"

So the young man mustered his courage and marched downstairs.
The door was locked, so he knocked and said, "Hello? Can I come in?" He heard no response other than his friends who egged him on to go inside, their voices getting louder all the while.

Next, a few girls approached and said, "you can't go in there. You're not allowed to go in there." The encouraging friends pushed them away, leaving the virgin to face the door alone. Emboldened by his friends' path-clearing, he took a flagpole (which he just happened to be carrying - it said "Get Laid Tonight") and busted through the doorframe so he could climb through.

Once inside, he saw the girl laying on the bed. She was indeed "out", normal defense systems inoperable. At first, the virgin tried to wake her up. "Hello? Are you awake? Do you want to fool around? Do you want to have sex?"
"You want to have sex, right? That's why you came to this party. That's why you got drunk. That's why you came and laid down in bed, right? You want to lose your virginity, too. Now, we've got to be strong, and do it, or we'll never cross the rubicon!"

The idiot could hear his friends chanting outside: "do it, do it, do it!"
So, he proceeded to squeeze her titties and feel up her crotch. He pulled off her shirt and removed her bra. He licked her neck, and kissed her unresponsive lips. He unzipped his pants, and hers as well. He put on the condom he had brought to the party.

Now, here he was, in the inner chamber, all ready to go. But, suddenly, being a virgin, he didn't know what to do next. He lost his firmness as he wasted his time just roaming his hands all over her body. He took out his cellphone and began to take pictures of himself posing all over her. He stole her panties and tucked them inside his backpack as a souvenir. He smelled her hair and then wrote her a note on her thigh with a magic marker:

"I was here. I won the day. I'm a man!"

The fool spent a full 2 hours in that bedroom, examining that body. He tweeted and instagrammed. But, as the fervor of the party began to die down, he simply put his pants back on and left the room, proud of what he had done. Wow, that had never happened before! What a successful teenage night. He had gotten boobage! And ass! And proof! "The guys back at school will be surrounding me to hear all about it," he thought.

The next day, he woke up. Social media informed him that town police were investigating the massive party where he had been. There were reports that a girl may have been raped, as a female had shown up at the police station dazed and confused, and requesting a rape kit examination be done.

Scared, the boy began deleting photos from his phone. He deleted his Twitter and Instagram. He looked in his backpack and removed the panties and additional condoms. He burned them both, remembering the same brand packaging he'd left behind at the scene.

All morning long, he kept reminding himself that he didn't actually penetrate her, so no REAL crime could be charged. He wasn't guilty of anything more than minor property damage, he reasoned.

Police spent months interviewing hundreds of party goers, sifting through various texts and random new message boards they'd never heard of before. The local media debated the case. It all became so confusing to the town's people. What had actually happened?

So, tell me, Wife.
What's you take on this story?
The police took swab samples from inside the girl. No semen samples. No scratches or bruises on her. No evidence of rape. No harm, no foul?

.....Oh, one last part of this story I forgot to tell.
The name of that girl on the bed? Lady Liberty.

You lie Mr. Glock and just make stuff up. The deeper you dig your lying deceit hole, the farther your lying ass will have to climb out of it. You need to ramp up from Mi Lai, rape, murder. Why not Hiroshima? Maybe throw in some African genocide. You probably need a reference to the Holocaust to cover up you have no evidence so you make things-up by what you see with your eyes. But I saw it with my eyes. I really saw the Glock with mu eyes.

Come on Mr. Glock give it your best. Hey maybe some of your internet loons can pick it up and start calling in the Congressional Genocide. Repeat enough it must be true.

Red Rider - Lunatic Fringe - YouTube

going4roses
dajo9
bearister said:

Did you know about this incident closer to home?

Bloody Island massacre - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Island_massacre

I had never heard about it until I read this brilliant book a couple of years ago:

Most of what I know about Native American genocide is from the book, Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee. It makes me proud to live in a country in which we learned such unflattering history in school.
American Vermin
BearForce2
dajo9 said:

wifeisafurd said:

Unit 2, Dajo and you sound like left wing versions of John Mitchell, complete with his rhetoric. The Biden Justice Department said in a March court filing that the Capitol attack "is likely the most complex investigation ever prosecuted by the Department of Justice." The government said it has issued a combined total of over 900 search warrants and the investigation has included more than 15,000 hours of surveillance and body-worn camera footage from multiple law enforcement agencies. The government has also gathered approximately 1,600 electronic devices, the results of hundreds of searches of electronic communication providers, over 80,000 reports and 93,000 attachments related to law enforcement interviews and other investigative steps, authorities said in a filing.

And what did we get for all that? 100 defendants have been charged with assaulting, resisting or impeding officers or employees, 35 of those were charged with using a deadly or dangerous weapon and 350 were charged with wait for it - entering or remaining in a restricted building or grounds. About 30 of these defendants have been charged with conspiracy which sounds mighty impressive until you see it is a charge that alleges they coordinated with others to commit an offense of entering the capital building and destroying property. So little John Mitchells, after the most unprecedented investigation of all time, you have managed to take charges typically levelled at demonstrators at a government building sit-in into a coup, insurrection, treason or whatever drivel you read on twitter. All the weight of the Federal law enforcement and not one charge of treason, sedition, or even advocating overthrowing the government (which by the way is a federal crime). Not even one piece of evidence in the thousands of pages of allegations even suggesting a coup motive.

The usual nut job display of Trump protestors, which were egged on by a Trump speech and found themselves remarkably going places they could never imagine inside the Capital building, through embarrassingly lax security, turned into sone anti-government coup, by what, your reading Vox or Salon or parroting pompous TV spoke holes? The revolution that didn't even have bullets and firearms, less military grade equipment. Those horrible dangerous weapons charges? Pepper spray, bear spray (must have been someone from BI), baseball bats and flagpoles wielded as clubs sounds like your average demonstration in some cities. Oh yes, one guy had a stun gun. And the demonstrators got into a fight with the security forces. Think that might have happened at few demonstrations earlier that year? The Chicago 7 at least got charged with meaningful crimes: crossing state lines with intent to incite a riot, conspiracy, and teaching demonstrators how to construct incendiary devices. And they even occupied a public park for a few days, and seemingly at least said they were trying to subvert a major party convention from electing a certain Presidential candidate (though they probably had different motivations if the TV show is to be believed). And the demonstrators in Chicago basically got hit with the same charges as those lightweight Trump protestors.

Wife's response reminds me of Trump claiming "No Collusion!" and then having all his supporters say, "see, nobody has indicted Trump for collusion. Ergo, there is no evidence of collusion". Contrary to what Wife says above, there is tons of evidence of a coup attempt (not a legal term, at least as far as I am using it and most people use it) just as there has always been tons of evidence of collusion (not a legal term).

You have managed to collude two blue anon hoaxes in the same breadth, even Rachel Maddow can't do this..
wifeisafurd
dajo9 said:

Let's look at all the things that legally never happened as there were no judicial convictions.

- The Boston Tea Party

This is just a partial list. You think these things happened? Find me the case code.
Wonderful, another laundry list. As has pointed out by posters in other threads, there is a continuing strategy to digress away from the arguments at hand.

Again (and again), is your failure to provide specific evidence of a failed coup (moving past the rants of another poster who said an actual coup occurred). If your suggestion is that protestors expected to take over the government with with paper spray and the like from 1200 armed officers you have no credibility.

If you have evidence that a specific group of people tried to take over the US government then by all means name the people and tell us how they intended to do that by overruling the Capital. Tell us what specific actions they would take. You said you know what happened. Time to give us the specifics. There are plenty of specifics for the events in your latest list.

All we have from you is a bunch of general conspiratorial assertions not directly tied to the actual conduct of taking over the government, to wit:

- Event advertised in advance by the President (wow a demonstration that is being planned - what does have to do with a coup attempt)
- Urged on by the President and a series of speakers the day of (wow speaker at a demonstration what does have to do with seizing control of the govement? )
- The day of being the certification of the election that resulted in the President's loss (wow a demonstration at the same time as the event they are demonstrating against - what does this have to do with seizing control over the government? )
- An advance team probed and breached the perimeter leading the way (wow, demonstration leaders checking out where the demonstration is going. This may show an intent to take over a government building, but where does it show people trying to seize control over the government? )
- The larger mob then followed into the Capitol (if true (evidence?), wow demonstrators followed their leaders, assuming that is what they were. Again, this may show an intent to take over a government building, but where does it show people trying to seize control over the government )
- Chants of "1776" and "Hang Mike Pence" (wow, demonstrators had chants - sorta like "no peace!", "take the streets back!, "kill [or death to] the President", "lock her up", and my favorite from Seattle: "This system cannot be reformed, it must be overthrown")

- Vocal support for a coup among many participants (who? evidence this is true? what exactly did they say? What did they consider a coup, since you seem to have zipped past those pesky definitions? Don't protestors often say they want to change society, the government, etc? )
- Violence against the police defending the Capitol (wow, protestors got into a scuffle with police - how utterly shocking. I guess almost every non-totally peaceful demonstration is coup under your non-legal definition )
- A search within the Capitol for the President's opponents (a search by who? Sounds a lot like some recent protests in the Bay Area where protestors went around looking for Trump supporters? What does this have to do with a coup attempt? )

What you have done is the above list is take elements of a typical protest, and in a few cases general accusations of what may be the desire to take over a government building, and said without any evidence that this means is some type of coup attempt occurred, using pepper spray and the like against 1200 armed police.

Then there is this:

- Security suspiciously lax
- Security instructed to not look for any pro-Trump, only anti-Trump
- National guard suspiciously late you have said right now when reduced to its basics is that demonstrators were allowed to invade the Capital building.

To quote just about every political out there, he Capitol Police's lackluster response to the riots, poor planning and failure to anticipate the seriousness of the threat have drawn condemnation. Capitol Police leaders, however, said they had prepared for a "free speech demonstration" which sound like jargon meaning a peaceful demonstration. No fencing was erected outside the Capitol and no contingency plans were prepared in case the situation escalated. The Lieutenant in charge issued an order not to use deadly force, which explains why officers outside the building didn't draw their weapons as the crowd streamed in. The testimony was officers typically are ordered against escalating a situation by drawing their weapons if superiors believe doing so could lead to a stampede or a shootout. When it was necessary to get the national guard deployed, the Department of Defense wouldn't do it, and it was necessary for the bipartisan leadership in Congress and also the vice president to intervene to get the guard mobilized.

While this reflects badly on the police and defense department (this is an understatement), this does not provide one shred of evidence to indicate that the the demonstrators came to seize the government. The spark that ignited some protestors to rampage through the capital was Trumps' baseless allegations that the November Presidential election was fraudulent. That does not make the the grievances of the mob a coup attempt. Absent evidence you have failed to provide, it makes them protestors that took over a government building for a few hours, like has happened many times before. You can manufacture facts like Tom to suggest otherwise, but right now, I'm not aware of any public facts linking with what so far looks like essentially unarmed protestors trying to seize control over a government building, not the government.

When I read the posts here I am reminded of what John Mitchell said in a speech in Detroit: "The price of civiI tranquillity cannot be paid by submission to violence, terror and insurrection...from occupation by demonstrators of public buildings, but the right to be free of seizures of buildings and imprisonment of officials. This is an insurrection that must be stopped." You keep interesting company.

I await your next diversion.

concordtom
wifeisafurd said:

concordtom said:

dajo9 said:

- The Boston Tea Party

Brilliant, lol.
Because here I was going to give the analogy of the nervous inexperienced drunk teenager who was at a party one Saturday night when his friends came up to him and told him about the girl who was passed out drunk in the bedroom downstairs. This was his big chance, they said, excitedly.

"Really?"

"And what's more," the friends sermoned, "if you don't do it now, you'll never be a man. You've got to have strength to be a man!"

The door was locked, so he knocked and said, "Hello? Can I come in?" He heard no response other than his friends who egged him on to go inside, their voices getting louder all the while.

Next, a few girls approached and said, "you can't go in there. You're not allowed to go in there." The encouraging friends pushed them away, leaving the virgin to face the door alone. Emboldened by his friends' path-clearing, he took a flagpole (which he just happened to be carrying - it said "Get Laid Tonight") and busted through the doorframe so he could climb through.

Once inside, he saw the girl laying on the bed. She was indeed "out", normal defense systems inoperable. At first, the virgin tried to wake her up. "Hello? Are you awake? Do you want to fool around? Do you want to have sex?"
"You want to have sex, right? That's why you came to this party. That's why you got drunk. That's why you came and laid down in bed, right? You want to lose your virginity, too. Now, we've got to be strong, and do it, or we'll never cross the rubicon!"

So, he proceeded to squeeze her titties and feel up her crotch. He pulled off her shirt and removed her bra. He licked her neck, and kissed her unresponsive lips. He unzipped his pants, and hers as well. He put on the condom he had brought to the party.

Now, here he was, in the inner chamber, all ready to go. But, suddenly, being a virgin, he didn't know what to do next. He lost his firmness as he wasted his time just roaming his hands all over her body. He took out his cellphone and began to take pictures of himself posing all over her. He stole her panties and tucked them inside his backpack as a souvenir. He smelled her hair and then wrote her a note on her thigh with a magic marker:

The fool spent a full 2 hours in that bedroom, examining that body. He tweeted and instagrammed. But, as the fervor of the party began to die down, he simply put his pants back on and left the room, proud of what he had done. Wow, that had never happened before! What a successful teenage night. He had gotten boobage! And ass! And proof! "The guys back at school will be surrounding me to hear all about it," he thought.

The next day, he woke up. Social media informed him that town police were investigating the massive party where he had been. There were reports that a girl may have been raped, as a female had shown up at the police station dazed and confused, and requesting a rape kit examination be done.

Scared, the boy began deleting photos from his phone. He deleted his Twitter and Instagram. He looked in his backpack and removed the panties and additional condoms. He burned them both, remembering the same brand packaging he'd left behind at the scene.

All morning long, he kept reminding himself that he didn't actually penetrate her, so no REAL crime could be charged. He wasn't guilty of anything more than minor property damage, he reasoned.

Police spent months interviewing hundreds of party goers, sifting through various texts and random new message boards they'd never heard of before. The local media debated the case. It all became so confusing to the town's people. What had actually happened?

So, tell me, Wife.
The police took swab samples from inside the girl. No semen samples. No scratches or bruises on her. No evidence of rape. No harm, no foul?

You lie Mr. Glock and just make stuff up. The deeper you dig your lying deceit hole, the farther your lying ass will have to climb out of it. You need to ramp up from Mi Lai, rape, murder. Why not Hiroshima? Maybe throw in some African genocide. You probably need a reference to the Holocaust to cover up you have no evidence so you make things-up by what you see with your eyes. But I saw it with my eyes. I really saw the Glock with mu eyes.

Come on Mr. Glock give it your best. Hey maybe some of your internet loons can pick it up and start calling in the Congressional Genocide. Repeat enough it must be true.

Great song.
But you've shown your true colors.
I'm sorry for you. We've been talking on these boards for years, and with this matter I think you've taken a very sad stance.
Are you saying if I can show you credible reason to believe that's a glock on his hip then I'm right and you're wrong?
Are you really going to try and boil the whole "coup" argument down to whether Eric had a glock on his hip inside the capitol?
Weak.
Anarchistbear
wifeisafurd said:

dajo9 said:

- The Boston Tea Party

Wonderful, another laundry list. As has pointed out by posters in other threads, there is a continuing strategy to digress away from the arguments at hand.

Again (and again), is your failure to provide specific evidence of a failed coup (moving past the rants of another poster who said an actual coup occurred). If your suggestion is that protestors expected to take over the government with with paper spray and the like from 1200 armed officers you have no credibility.

If you have evidence that a specific group of people tried to take over the US government then by all means name the people and tell us how they intended to do that by overruling the Capital. Tell us what specific actions they would take. You said you know what happened. Time to give us the specifics. There are plenty of specifics for the events in your latest list.

All we have from you is a bunch of general conspiratorial assertions not directly tied to the actual conduct of taking over the government, to wit:

- Event advertised in advance by the President (wow a demonstration that is being planned - what does have to do with a coup attempt)
- Urged on by the President and a series of speakers the day of (wow speaker at a demonstration what does have to do with seizing control of the govement? )
- The day of being the certification of the election that resulted in the President's loss (wow a demonstration at the same time as the event they are demonstrating against - what does this have to do with seizing control over the government? )
- An advance team probed and breached the perimeter leading the way (wow, demonstration leaders checking out where the demonstration is going. This may show an intent to take over a government building, but where does it show people trying to seize control over the government? )
- The larger mob then followed into the Capitol (if true (evidence?), wow demonstrators followed their leaders, assuming that is what they were. Again, this may show an intent to take over a government building, but where does it show people trying to seize control over the government )
- Chants of "1776" and "Hang Mike Pence" (wow, demonstrators had chants - sorta like "no peace!", "take the streets back!, "kill [or death to] the President", "lock her up", and my favorite from Seattle: "This system cannot be reformed, it must be overthrown")

- Vocal support for a coup among many participants (who? evidence this is true? what exactly did they say? What did they consider a coup, since you seem to have zipped past those pesky definitions? Don't protestors often say they want to change society, the government, etc? )
- Violence against the police defending the Capitol (wow, protestors got into a scuffle with police - how utterly shocking. I guess almost every non-totally peaceful demonstration is coup under your non-legal definition )
- A search within the Capitol for the President's opponents (a search by who? Sounds a lot like some recent protests in the Bay Area where protestors went around looking for Trump supporters? What does this have to do with a coup attempt? )

What you have done is the above list is take elements of a typical protest, and in a few cases general accusations of what may be the desire to take over a government building, and said without any evidence that this means is some type of coup attempt occurred, using pepper spray and the like against 1200 armed police.

Then there is this:

- Security suspiciously lax
- Security instructed to not look for any pro-Trump, only anti-Trump
- National guard suspiciously late you have said right now when reduced to its basics is that demonstrators were allowed to invade the Capital building.

To quote just about every political out there, he Capitol Police's lackluster response to the riots, poor planning and failure to anticipate the seriousness of the threat have drawn condemnation. Capitol Police leaders, however, said they had prepared for a "free speech demonstration" which sound like jargon meaning a peaceful demonstration. No fencing was erected outside the Capitol and no contingency plans were prepared in case the situation escalated. The Lieutenant in charge issued an order not to use deadly force, which explains why officers outside the building didn't draw their weapons as the crowd streamed in. The testimony was officers typically are ordered against escalating a situation by drawing their weapons if superiors believe doing so could lead to a stampede or a shootout. When it was necessary to get the national guard deployed, the Department of Defense wouldn't do it, and it was necessary for the bipartisan leadership in Congress and also the vice president to intervene to get the guard mobilized.

While this reflects badly on the police and defense department (this is an understatement), this does not provide one shred of evidence to indicate that the the demonstrators came to seize the government. The spark that ignited some protestors to rampage through the capital was Trumps' baseless allegations that the November Presidential election was fraudulent. That does not make the the grievances of the mob a coup attempt. Absent evidence you have failed to provide, it makes them protestors that took over a government building for a few hours, like has happened many times before. You can manufacture facts like Tom to suggest otherwise, but right now, I'm not aware of any public facts linking with what so far looks like essentially unarmed protestors trying to seize control over a government building, not the government.

When I read the posts here I am reminded of what John Mitchell said in a speech in Detroit: "The price of civiI tranquillity cannot be paid by submission to violence, terror and insurrection...from occupation by demonstrators of public buildings, but the right to be free of seizures of buildings and imprisonment of officials. This is an insurrection that must be stopped." You keep interesting company.

I await your next diversion.

You do realize you are attempting to have a rational discussion about a "coup" with a guy ( Dajo) who boasted about joining Parler?
concordtom
going4roses said:

Nice thought.
The form to fill that out would become a standard thing nobody would pay attention to.
It's attitudes that must change.
dajo9
concordtom said:

wifeisafurd said:

concordtom said:

dajo9 said:

- The Boston Tea Party

Brilliant, lol.

"Really?"

So, tell me, Wife.

Great song.
I'm sorry for you. We've been talking on these boards for years, and with this matter I think you've taken a very sad stance.
Are you saying if I can show you credible reason to believe that's a glock on his hip then I'm right and you're wrong?
Are you really going to try and boil the whole "coup" argument down to whether Eric had a glock on his hip inside the capitol?
Weak.

Yes, it's a sad stance Wife has taken. No surprise he voted for Trump in 2016. He'll always side with his tribe. Old white men.

His talk about diversion is funny. You completely took him apart upthread and he diverted all that over the singular issue of the glock.
American Vermin
concordtom
going4roses said:

60 yrs ago ...

Is he talking about you?

Honestly, friend, I never liked Malcolm X and his aggressive, militant attitude toward white people like me - until I began to witness and understand the argumentation of people like me following crimes committed upon black people like Malcolm.

Thank you, Hanky.
Thank you, Bearforce.
Thank you, all.
I'm going to cross the lines and go stand with those black people over there.

Through your fearful, illogical, insensitive and bigoted argumentation, y'all are making us white people minorities faster than the natural trend of birth rates and immigration would have it, lol.
BearForce2
concordtom said:

going4roses said:

60 yrs ago ...

Is he talking about you?

Honestly, friend, I never liked Malcolm X and his aggressive, militant attitude toward white people like me - until I began to witness and understand the argumentation of people like me following crimes committed upon black people like Malcolm.

Thank you, Hanky.
Thank you, Bearforce.
Thank you, all.
I'm going to cross the lines and go stand with those black people over there.

Through your fearful, illogical, insensitive and bigoted argumentation, y'all are making us white people minorities faster than the natural trend of birth rates and immigration would have it, lol.

According to X, concordtom may want to do some self-reflection.
BearForce2
going4roses said:

60 yrs ago ...

Is he talking about you?

X is talking about you and many here. You're a pawn used by the left and the media.
hanky1
BearForce2 said:

going4roses said:

60 yrs ago ...

Is he talking about you?

X is talking about you and many here. You're a pawn used by the left and the media.
Pawns never realize they're pawns. Even when you point out all the data showing they're pawns. They're happy being pawns because it makes them feel good about themselves and gives them a meaning for existing.
going4roses
Naw he is not speaking to me because I know context about what he speaking of you don't
You will never know
Your location mentally disqualifies you from any rational analysis of the ministers words.
You are so disrespectful to even try but as usual result complete fail.
Name one post that coddles or cozies up to either side.
I get it you keep talking about nothing ,lies and deflection.
Those are your marching orders
going4roses
hanky1 said:

BearForce2 said:

going4roses said:

60 yrs ago ...

Is he talking about you?

Pawns never realize they're pawns. Even when you point out all the data showing they're pawns. They're happy being pawns because it makes them feel good about themselves and gives them a meaning for existing.

You mean like owens and barkely and elders and sowell
hanky1
going4roses said:

hanky1 said:

BearForce2 said:

going4roses said:

60 yrs ago ...

Is he talking about you?

They do not cater to white liberals. On the contrary, they're brave enough to express contrarian opinions that go against the media brainwashing.

Honestly, ask yourself this: one was the last time you had an opinion that contradicted the MSM narrative. Go ahead...i'm waiting.

Brainwash.
BearForce2
going4roses said:

Naw he is not speaking to me because I know context about what he speaking of you don't
You will never know
Your location mentally disqualifies you from any rational analysis of the ministers words.
You are so disrespectful to even try but as usual result complete fail.
Name one post that coddles or cozies up to either side.
I get it you keep talking about nothing ,lies and deflection.
Those are your marching orders

You will always claim superiority over others at the same time, always claiming to be a victim.
Unit2Sucks
going4roses said:

hanky1 said:

BearForce2 said:

going4roses said:

60 yrs ago ...

Is he talking about you?

Pretty funny to see racists quoting Malcolm X and Dr King as if those guys would ever side with the modern racist conservative movement or vice versa. Yes, King and Malcolm X wanted more from liberals but it's not like they had kind words for avowed racists.

Dr King has a 73% disapproval rating when he was assassinated, is there any doubt which side the modern day conservative movement would be on? Perhaps these fools will be swayed if we find quotes by Hitler or Nathan Bedford Forrest decrying conservatives. They seem to think that approach makes sense.
hanky1
Run along sheep run along

Your shepherd has a new animal for you to baahhhh at

Maybe one day you'll be brave enough to express a singular thought that your shepherd didn't feed you.
BearForce2
Unit2Sucks said:

going4roses said:

hanky1 said:

BearForce2 said:

going4roses said:

60 yrs ago ...

Is he talking about you?

Pretty funny to see racists quoting Malcolm X and Dr King as if those guys would ever side with the modern racist conservative movement or vice versa. Yes, King and Malcolm X wanted more from liberals but it's not like they had kind words for avowed racists.

Dr King has a 73% disapproval rating when he was assassinated, is there any doubt which side the modern day conservative movement would be on? Perhaps these fools will be swayed if we find quotes by Hitler or Nathan Bedford Forrest decrying conservatives. They seem to think that approach makes sense.

It's funny how you always seem to bring up Hitler.
hanky1
hanky1 said:

Maybe one day you'll be brave enough to express a singular thought that your shepherd didn't feed you.

Just one...

....I just want one solitary thought that the sanctimonious, self-righteous, left-wing board police has ever expressed that went against MSM narrative.

Just one, Sheep.

bbaaaahhhhhh
hanky1
BearForce2 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

going4roses said:

hanky1 said:

BearForce2 said:

going4roses said:

60 yrs ago ...

Is he talking about you?

It's funny how you always seem to bring up Hitler.

Heil Biden
wifeisafurd
dajo9 said:

concordtom said:

wifeisafurd said:

concordtom said:

dajo9 said:

- The Boston Tea Party

Brilliant, lol.

"Really?"

So, tell me, Wife.

Great song.
Weak.

Yes, it's a sad stance Wife has taken. No surprise he voted for Trump in 2016. He'll always side with his tribe. Old white men.

His talk about diversion is funny. You completely took him apart upthread and he diverted all that over the singular issue of the glock.
Gee dude, you forgot to respond to the long e mail asking where is your evidence? Rather then providing any evidence of an attempted coup, you have to resort to waiving the Trump and Old White Man card, because that all you got..

Taken apart by the guy who makes stuff up and posts pictures of of unrelated events as somehow relevant and rants on about all the murders and rapes at the takeover. What's next, little green men attacking?

But let's get back to the guy that says he knows what happened. but can't even provide any specific evidence of a coup. The guy that can't explain explain how a coup could even be accomplished by 35 protestors with pepper spray, flat sticks and the like against so many armed officers. The guy who can't even say what a coup is, other than it can't possibly be anything legal and lists a whole bunch of crimes that were never prosecuted so whatever he thinks a coup is, it surely can't be anything legal like unprosecuted crimes. But hey, maybe if we expand the investigation to there are taps on every phone in a red state, someone somewhere can come-up with something at the Justice Dept., there are five more yards left, and oops, maybe I better say I don't expect much from them because otherwise when there continue to be no more charges, and I'm stuck with Glock boy. Still any posts later, you still don't have any evidence and now the best you got is Donald Trump and old white men. Pathetic.
BearForce2
concordtom
hanky1 said:

BearForce2 said:

going4roses said:

60 yrs ago ...

Is he talking about you?

I am not a pawn.
How dare you say that.
I am a Martian.
concordtom
wifeisafurd said:

dajo9 said:

concordtom said:

wifeisafurd said:

concordtom said:

dajo9 said:

- The Boston Tea Party

Brilliant, lol.

"Really?"

So, tell me, Wife.

Great song.
Weak.

Gee dude, you forgot to respond to the long e mail asking where is your evidence? Rather then providing any evidence of an attempted coup, you have to resort to waiving the Trump and Old White Man card, because that all you got..

Taken apart by the guy who makes stuff up and posts pictures of of unrelated events as somehow relevant and rants on about all the murders and rapes at the takeover. What's next, little green men attacking?

But let's get back to the guy that says he knows what happened. but can't even provide any specific evidence of a coup. The guy that can't explain explain how a coup could even be accomplished by 35 protestors with pepper spray, flat sticks and the like against so many armed officers. The guy who can't even say what a coup is, other than it can't possibly be anything legal and lists a whole bunch of crimes that were never prosecuted so whatever he thinks a coup is, it surely can't be anything legal like unprosecuted crimes. But hey, maybe if we expand the investigation to there are taps on every phone in a red state, someone somewhere can come-up with something at the Justice Dept., there are five more yards left, and oops, maybe I better say I don't expect much from them because otherwise when there continue to be no more charges, and I'm stuck with Glock boy. Still any posts later, you still don't have any evidence and now the best you got is Donald Trump and old white men. Pathetic.

You've got so far astray, have no imagination, it's not worth debating with you any longer.
dajo9
wifeisafurd said:

dajo9 said:

concordtom said:

wifeisafurd said:

concordtom said:

dajo9 said:

- The Boston Tea Party

Brilliant, lol.

"Really?"

So, tell me, Wife.

Great song.
Weak.

The evidence has already been presented. Your stance is so bad it's just not worth more time. But feel free to write a few more paragraphs.
American Vermin
Unit2Sucks
hanky1 said:

hanky1 said:

Just one...

....I just want one solitary thought that the sanctimonious, self-righteous, left-wing board police has ever expressed that went against MSM narrative.

Just one, Sheep.

bbaaaahhhhhh

Lol. This from the only guy dumb enough to think the Babylon Bee is news and not satire. How can you be sure you even know what the MSM is?

Your troll game is weak and boring, so why do you even bother any more?

hanky1 said:

This is ridiculous
hanky1
Unit2Sucks said:

hanky1 said:

hanky1 said:

Just one...

Just one, Sheep.

bbaaaahhhhhh

Lol. This from the only guy dumb enough to think the Babylon Bee is news and not satire. How can you be sure you even know what the MSM is?

Your troll game is weak and boring, so why do you even bother any more?

hanky1 said:

This is ridiculous

This from a guy dumb enough to actually think I was serious and even dumber to lose that SALT Caps argument. Still butt hurt about that huh?

Btw thanks for digging through all my post again.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.