Vaccine Redux - Vax up and go to Class

438,499 Views | 5110 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by sycasey
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Zippergate said:

sycasey said:

Zippergate said:

How quickly we forget. Vaccine Nazis were ubiquitous on MSM and social media. The anti-vaxxer rants were constant; vaccine hesitant were told they shouldn't be allowed to shop, dine, wouldn't be treated at hospitals. They were insulted and ridiculed constantly by regime officials, health "experts", media personalities, and random authoritarians on the internet.
Forgive and move on? Yes. Forget? Never.

I saw those people too and disagreed with them at times (especially when it came to reopening schools). Nazis though? I think it was just a public argument happening in a free society and things changed as circumstances and opinions changed. The Nazis did not allow such arguments.
Public argument in a free society? That's just not a fair characterization of what happened. If people holding positions counter to yours behaved in the way that the Vaxx Nazis did (yeah, they were Nazis in the common parlance of the term. Intimidate, censor, and bully--sounds like a Nazi to me), I think you'd be singing a very different tune.

And your take on Novak is baffling. How does not being allowed to compete in major tournaments not equal a major negative impact to his career?

The government coerced tech companies into doing a lot of secret censorship of anti mRNA vax ideas and pushed the pro vax agenda forward.
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Zippergate said:

sycasey said:

Zippergate said:

How quickly we forget. Vaccine Nazis were ubiquitous on MSM and social media. The anti-vaxxer rants were constant; vaccine hesitant were told they shouldn't be allowed to shop, dine, wouldn't be treated at hospitals. They were insulted and ridiculed constantly by regime officials, health "experts", media personalities, and random authoritarians on the internet.
Forgive and move on? Yes. Forget? Never.

I saw those people too and disagreed with them at times (especially when it came to reopening schools). Nazis though? I think it was just a public argument happening in a free society and things changed as circumstances and opinions changed. The Nazis did not allow such arguments.
Public argument in a free society? That's just not a fair characterization of what happened. If people holding positions counter to yours behaved in the way that the Vaxx Nazis did (yeah, they were Nazis in the common parlance of the term. Intimidate, censor, and bully--sounds like a Nazi to me), I think you'd be singing a very different tune.

And your take on Novak is baffling. How does not being allowed to compete in major tournaments not equal a major negative impact to his career?

Yeah, a lot of people lost career or educational opportunities thanks to COVID and the reaction to such. In retrospect, some of that didn't need to happen. I don't think it was all so obvious in the moment, so I tend to cut people a lot of slack.

There were some folks who took a heavy-handed approach to COVID, but how many were in our government? Compared so some other places (Asia, Australia) our regulations and enforcement were pretty lax. Hardly Nazi-like.
First Page Refresh
Page 147 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.