Ron DeSantis secretly laughs at his ignorant base as he kills them

7,354 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bearister
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unit2Sucks
okaydo said:

What would he expect? Republicans taught people over the last 5 years that you can ignore mandates and public health related laws without any repercussions. Good luck getting a court to do something about it in time to prevent the horrors of mask wearing from being imposed on people.

I'm sure all the french laundry outrage dudes are crushing Deathsantis for this:

okaydo
Where's the Abbott thread?

bearister
"No greater sacrifice can a man make than to lay down his life for an ignorant, racist Texan that bought tRump's politicization of the pandemic, masks, social distancing and vaccination, hook, line and sinker."
-Unattributed.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo
sycasey
okaydo said:

SEC! SEC!

chazzed
He has definitely earned his own thread.
helltopay1
Easy pivot....Trump is gone, and, so the next bogeyman is Desantis. He is a threat nation ally; so, he must be taken down 24 hours a day by the fake media....yawn, yawn, yawn...
helltopay1
News flash....DeSantis did not pay Communist China almost a million dollars ov er a TEN YEAR period to practice gain-of-function research like FAUCI DID. We have e-mails from Fauci saying, 'yes, I know this could be very dangerous, but we need to conduct the research anyway...He did it even though both Obama and Trump told him not to...So, is Fauci responsible indirectly for the spread of the Virus worldwide?????Yes he is!!!And, you are worried about mask mandates in Florida?????Go to the source!!!!
bearister
helltopay1 said:

Easy pivot....Trump is gone, and, so the next bogeyman is Desantis. He is a threat nation ally; so, he must be taken down 24 hours a day by the fake media....yawn, yawn, yawn...

I agree. DeSantis is a sage.
Unit2Sucks
helltopay1 said:

News flash....DeSantis did not pay Communist China almost a million dollars ov er a TEN YEAR period to practice gain-of-function research like FAUCI DID. We have e-mails from Fauci saying, 'yes, I know this could be very dangerous, but we need to conduct the research anyway...He did it even though both Obama and Trump told him not to...So, is Fauci responsible indirectly for the spread of the Virus worldwide?????Yes he is!!!And, you are worried about mask mandates in Florida?????Go to the source!!!!

Even if your entire fever dream were true, which it isn't, this is an incredibly weak argument. You may as well blame the guy upstairs for failing to make us resistant to disease.

The vast majority of the 600k deaths from COVId in the US were preventable but Trump and the Republicans cared more about his image and his re-election than protecting this country. DeSantis is merely following in Trump's (presumably) tiny footprints. We can do so much better but they don't want to.
Big C

This is one of my favorite BI thread titles of all time; I never get tired of seeing it on the board.
helltopay1
Dear Sucks....News flash...Trump created the vaccines by convincing the companies to begin serious research while giving them protection.....It was called Operation Warp Speed. Trump even shelled out some of his own money to start the project. The vaccines happened on his watch. Get with the program..
Unit2Sucks
helltopay1 said:

Trump even shelled out some of his own money to start the project.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA. OMG that's a good one.
helltopay1
Please google.
helltopay1
Biggest scandal is that Cuomo didn't resign over the 5-10,000 people he indirectly killed by having covid positive folks transfer from hospitals to nursing homes where they perished......He resigned because people misunderstand how much he loves to touch both males and females...

Cuomo actually received an Emmy award for his handling of Covid patients. You want evidence of corruption in the media????I rest my case. If he had killed 1,000,000 people rather than a measly 10,000 I suppose they would have erected a 100 foot statue of him in Times Square.

We don't have enough Doctors to treat the terrible sickness being loosed upon our society. This is Chapter 1 in the "decline and fall of the American empire." Not hyperbole.
Big C
Unit2Sucks said:

helltopay1 said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Trump even stole from his own charities! I've always said htp1 was a funny guy!

Not everything Trump did was bad, just the vast majority of it. He was okay on the vaccines, doing what any President would've done. The distribution plan wasn't what it could've been though.

Trump was HORRIBLE on the pandemic, in general, but everything wasn't his fault. Our government at all levels was exposed. Hopefully it's a wake-up call for next time. And there will be a next time. If the topic interests you, read Michael Lewis' "The Premonition: A Pandemic Story". It is apolitical.
Unit2Sucks
Big C said:

Unit2Sucks said:

helltopay1 said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Trump even stole from his own charities! I've always said htp1 was a funny guy!
Going to tackle this one okaydo-style. Trump is so petty he once cashed a 13 cent check from Spy Magazine.

Quote:

Published between 1986 and 1998, Spy magazine was the hip, satirical, bomb-throwing magazine du jour, and in 1990 the writers had a great idea for a prank: What would happen if you sent checks for small amounts to celebrities and saw who cashed them, putting to test the theory that every man (and woman) has a price? In their words:
Quote:

"We could however, send them checks for minuscule sums of moneysums so small they couldn't fund as much as a minute of the recipients' existenceand see who would bother to bank these teensy amounts of money."
Spy thought "some subterfuge" would be necessaryit'd be suspicious to get a check from the magazine that lampooned so many of the intended recipients. This was specifically true for Trump, who Spy once famously referred to as a "short-fingered vulgarian."

So, they created a fully funded and incorporated company called National Refund Clearinghouse, which allowed them to open a checking account. Then they drafted a letter explaining that the check was a refund for a small overcharge that had occurred in 1988what the celebrities had been overcharged for was never mentioned. They sent the checks out (initially for $1.11) to 58 well-known people like Cher, Henry Kissinger, and, of course, Donald Trump. Of the 58, 26 cashed the checksDonald included.

The magazine drafted a followup letter and checks for $0.64 to those 26 people to see who would take more free money. Thirteenincluding Donald Trumpdeposited the checks worth two quarters, a dime, and four pennies into their banks.

Then they went for one last score: in honor of those 13 people, 13 more checks for $0.13. Two people cashed them: a Saudi arms dealer named Adnan Khashoggi, and Donald Trump.

Seriously.

He also gave Charlie Sheen fake diamond cufflinks.

There are so many stories like this and unsurprisingly virtually no stories of him giving generously to charity.
dimitrig
Unit2Sucks said:

Big C said:

Unit2Sucks said:

helltopay1 said:

Going to tackle this one okaydo-style. Trump is so petty he once cashed a 13 cent check from Spy Magazine.

Quote:

Published between 1986 and 1998, Spy magazine was the hip, satirical, bomb-throwing magazine du jour, and in 1990 the writers had a great idea for a prank: What would happen if you sent checks for small amounts to celebrities and saw who cashed them, putting to test the theory that every man (and woman) has a price? In their words:
Quote:

"We could however, send them checks for minuscule sums of moneysums so small they couldn't fund as much as a minute of the recipients' existenceand see who would bother to bank these teensy amounts of money."
Spy thought "some subterfuge" would be necessaryit'd be suspicious to get a check from the magazine that lampooned so many of the intended recipients. This was specifically true for Trump, who Spy once famously referred to as a "short-fingered vulgarian."

So, they created a fully funded and incorporated company called National Refund Clearinghouse, which allowed them to open a checking account. Then they drafted a letter explaining that the check was a refund for a small overcharge that had occurred in 1988what the celebrities had been overcharged for was never mentioned. They sent the checks out (initially for $1.11) to 58 well-known people like Cher, Henry Kissinger, and, of course, Donald Trump. Of the 58, 26 cashed the checksDonald included.

The magazine drafted a followup letter and checks for $0.64 to those 26 people to see who would take more free money. Thirteenincluding Donald Trumpdeposited the checks worth two quarters, a dime, and four pennies into their banks.

Then they went for one last score: in honor of those 13 people, 13 more checks for $0.13. Two people cashed them: a Saudi arms dealer named Adnan Khashoggi, and Donald Trump.

Seriously.

There are so many stories like this and unsurprisingly virtually no stories of him giving generously to charity.

To be fair, he probably never even saw the check. The accountants just deposited it on his behalf.
Unit2Sucks
dimitrig said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Big C said:

Unit2Sucks said:

helltopay1 said:

Quote:

Quote:

Seriously.

To be fair, he probably never even saw the check. The accountants just deposited it on his behalf.

If you read the news print, both Trump and the arms dealer (who was an actual billionaire) personally endorsed the 13 cent checks.
dimitrig
Unit2Sucks said:

dimitrig said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Big C said:

Unit2Sucks said:

helltopay1 said:

Quote:

Quote:

Seriously.

If you read the news print, both Trump and the arms dealer (who was an actual billionaire) personally endorsed the 13 cent checks.

I read the article. It said Kashiggi endorsed the check. I didn't see where Trump did.

That said, usually an accountant or book keeper or personal assistant will have a pile of things to sign and the account owner just signs them all. If they said "We have all these checks to deposit, please sign them all" I doubt Trump would say "Well, wait, that one is for $0.13. Tear it up."

The fact that they mention McEnroe as not cashing it is funny because he told the story once of how he found an uncashed check for a tournament win in his house once. He was hardly on the ball with his finances.

Unit2Sucks
dimitrig said:

Unit2Sucks said:

dimitrig said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Big C said:

Unit2Sucks said:

helltopay1 said:

Quote:

Quote:

Seriously.

I read the article. It said Kashiggi endorsed the check. I didn't see where Trump did.

That said, usually an accountant or book keeper or personal assistant will have a pile of things to sign and the account owner just signs them all. If they said "We have all these checks to deposit, please sign them all" I doubt Trump would say "Well, wait, that one is for $0.13. Tear it up."

The fact that they mention McEnroe as not cashing it is funny because he told the story once of how he found an uncashed check for a tournament win in his house once. He was hardly on the ball with his finances.

I don't know what to tell you - it literally says it in the same sentence. Most people didn't cash the checks. But then, most people don't self-deal from their own charity, crash charity dinners, print fake magazine covers, have counterfeit art, claim to have won non-existent awards, hire people to hack online polls and then stiff them after losing, hire crisis actors to attend their announcements, etc.
dimitrig
Unit2Sucks said:

dimitrig said:

Unit2Sucks said:

dimitrig said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Big C said:

Unit2Sucks said:

helltopay1 said:

Quote:

Quote:

Seriously.

I don't know what to tell you - it literally says it in the same sentence. Most people didn't cash the checks. But then, most people don't self-deal from their own charity, crash charity dinners, print fake magazine covers, have counterfeit art, claim to have won non-existent awards, hire people to hack online polls and then stiff them after losing, hire crisis actors to attend their announcements, etc.

You should reread.

It says:

"Khashoggi, who is on trial with Imelda Marcos in U.S. District Court, personally endorsed his check."
Unit2Sucks
dimitrig said:

Unit2Sucks said:

dimitrig said:

Unit2Sucks said:

dimitrig said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Big C said:

Unit2Sucks said:

helltopay1 said:

Quote:

Quote:

Seriously.

You should reread.

It says:

"Khashoggi, who is on trial with Imelda Marcos in U.S. District Court, personally endorsed his check."

Oof, of course you are correct. I read that together with the prior sentence and clearly misread. Thanks for pointing that out and sorry for doubting you.

Does make me wonder, how did one cash a personal check in the 1980's without endorsing it?
AunBear89
Rubber stamp signature. For deposit only.
Unit2Sucks
AunBear89 said:

Rubber stamp signature. For deposit only.

Maybe his sharpie was broken.
okaydo
going4roses
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMR1XRAnq/
bearister

USA TODAY FLORIDA NETWORK: DeSantis' COVID handling spells disaster

https://www.news-journalonline.com/story/opinion/editorials/2021/08/09/usa-today-florida-network-desantis-covid-handling-spells-disaster-editorial-failing-lockdown-masks/5521177001/
okaydo
going4roses
Don't know what state/county but

1100 kids in quarantine!!!!

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMRJxmkcV/
chazzed
Why California is doing better than comparable Republican states w/ regard to COVID-19:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-08-11/despite-surge-california-doing-much-better-with-delta-variant-than-florida-texas-heres-why
bearister
okaydo
dimitrig
okaydo said:

Well, he is in no danger of recall since he hasn't been to the French Laundry lately - at least as far as we know.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.