What's up with all this RFK Jr business these days?

16,011 Views | 236 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by bearister
Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bear2034 said:

Do you think the Democrats are worried about RFK Jr.?

Of course they (we) are. I was hoping he'd pick Joe Rogan as his running mate.
bearister
….but he spouts a lot of "punish the moderate Dems" motivated arguments that Independents like. In the end it won't matter, the asset will "win."
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Unit2Sucks
No surprise RFK Jr is so popular with the GOP.

Cal88
Poor choice for a running mate by RFK, his campaign was already sagging due to his incomprehensibly pro-genocide stance on Gaza.
bearister
Conservative media sours on RFK Jr. as an independent

https://www.axios.com/2024/04/02/rfk-jr-kennedy-conservative-media-independent

" Right-wing media has abruptly shifted its volume and tone of coverage of Robert F. Kennedy Jr. now that he's running as an Independent instead of as a Democrat.

Why it matters: Despite the Kennedy name, RFK Jr. is taking votes from former President Donald Trump as well as from President Biden, polls show."
concordtom
There's plenty of content in this interview that is disturbing, but probably nothing quite as harsh as RFK's voice.

I think the nation wouldn't listen to him after two weeks. You literally cannot follow his messages, it's so bad!

Unit2Sucks
concordtom said:

There's plenty of content in this interview that is disturbing, but probably nothing quite as harsh as RFK's voice.

I think the nation wouldn't listen to him after two weeks. You literally cannot follow his messages, it's so bad!

The idea that we would elect someone with his voice is preposterous. We have had 3 good public speakers in the last 50 years (Reagan, Clinton, Obama). Bush Sr was bad but acceptable. Bush Jr was unacceptably bad. He was an embarrassment but Trump was so terrible that people forgot how bad Bush Jr was. Obviously Clinton and Obama were awesome. That's the standard we should be hitting. Biden clearly falls woefully short and is pretty much in Bush Jr territory.

RFK Jr. would probably be several steps down. Even if somehow he were popular (which he isn't), he would lose people based on his voice. That's just a fact. The more he talks, the less people will want to listen to him.

concordtom
Ha, you're exactly right.

The more Reagan talked, the more mesmerized
The more Obama talked, the more leaned in
The more Trump talked, the more clenched fist
The more Biden talked, the more leaned out
The more RFK talked, the channel changed.
Unit2Sucks
When will they figure out that RFK's biggest appeal is to Trump voters? Trump had a lock on nut jobs but RFK is going after them hard.

bearister
bearister
"A trio of recent polls shows that RFK Jr.'s independent candidacy may be hurting Donald Trump more than President Biden, Axios' Hans Nichols writes.

Why it matters: Biden says his polling numbers are moving in the right direction. They've started to look even better when RFK Jr. is factored in.

By the numbers: Biden and Trump are tied at 46% in a Quinnipiac national poll out yesterday.

Throw RFK in the mix, and it's still tied 37%-37%.

Force RFK voters to choose, and they break 47%-29% for Trump.
That dynamic is consistent with two other polls, a Marist survey out Monday and an NBC News one on Sunday that show Biden's margin increasing when RFK and other third-party candidates are included.
-Axios

Unit2Sucks
LOL, guess which bunch of smooth brains have just learned that they hate RFK Jr after spending the last year enthralled with his idiotic campaign.

I get that Trump is a desperate loser and it was always going to go this way with RFK, no surprise there. The fact that he's chosen this approach (RFK as democrat plant) not only contradicts every previous statement he's made but is just laughably ineffective. Trump is in free fall and is struggling with the narcissistic injury caused by the fact that nobody is supporting him at his trial in NYC despite his daily begging.

bearister

As far as I'm concerned, RFK Jr. can keep pulling stats out of his rear like so many flying monkeys as long as he keeps bleeding off support for tRump and causing tRump's campaign so much anxiety.
As Holy Hubert used to say, "May God bless his dirty little heart."

concordtom
bearister said:

As far as I'm concerned, RFK Jr. can keep pulling stats out of his rear like so many flying monkeys as long as he keeps bleeding off support for tRump and causing tRump's campaign so much anxiety.

The issue with this line of RFK isn't the percentile, it's the fact that he's using a "belief" among Americans to direct his policymaking on medical matters.

Americans have been known to believe in falsehoods and unproven lore.

If this litmus test on whether to act on something is general population beliefs, we're in trouble.
Unit2Sucks
concordtom said:

bearister said:

The issue with this line of RFK isn't the percentile, it's the fact that he's using a "belief" among Americans to direct his policymaking on medical matters.

If this litmus test on whether to act on something is general population beliefs, we're in trouble.
Exactly, we may as well start crowdsourcing healthcare policy through MLM schemes.

There are a lot of people on the crazy threads in this forum who are nodding their had when they see RFK make this stuff up though and all of them are in the Trump/RFK camp. I wouldn't be surprised if Trump eventually tries to get RFK to join his ticket.
Oakbear
Big C said:

Okay, I knew RFK Jr was some anti-vax nutjob (yes, I recognize that Big Pharma has a profit motive, but still... ) and then I guess I do a Rip Van Winkle and all of a sudden he's running for President? And now somebody on this board (This board, the sanest group of people in the world!) apparently has a pin-up of him in their room or something?

I'm hearing a lot about RFK Jr lately! Better find out more... so I go to Wikipedia and I don't get too far before I read the following:

"...In 1982, Kennedy was sworn in as an assistant district attorney for Manhattan. After failing his bar exam, he resigned in July 1983. That September, he was charged with heroin possession, and pleaded guilty in February 1984, when he received to two years' probation and community service... "

And that was even before he cemented his reputation as a whack job!

Good thing for him he's got the name and the hairline and the square jaw and all, but is that all it takes nowadays?!?

Geez Louise...
but he would bring back Camelot LOL
Big C
Oakbear said:

Big C said:

Okay, I knew RFK Jr was some anti-vax nutjob (yes, I recognize that Big Pharma has a profit motive, but still... ) and then I guess I do a Rip Van Winkle and all of a sudden he's running for President? And now somebody on this board (This board, the sanest group of people in the world!) apparently has a pin-up of him in their room or something?

I'm hearing a lot about RFK Jr lately! Better find out more... so I go to Wikipedia and I don't get too far before I read the following:

"...In 1982, Kennedy was sworn in as an assistant district attorney for Manhattan. After failing his bar exam, he resigned in July 1983. That September, he was charged with heroin possession, and pleaded guilty in February 1984, when he received to two years' probation and community service... "

And that was even before he cemented his reputation as a whack job!

Good thing for him he's got the name and the hairline and the square jaw and all, but is that all it takes nowadays?!?

Geez Louise...
but he would bring back Camelot LOL

Now more than ever, we are the Land of Second Chances! Is this a great country now, or what?
bearister
concordtom said:

Amen. Go to YouTube and watch a few Jay Leno JayWalking.

As the studio audience giggles, I'm thinking, "This has to have negative consequences."

*Big C mentioned the Kennedy hairline. I would have killed for RFK Jr's hair when I was at Cal:

chazzed
Who is Timothy Mellon, the ultra-wealthy donor bankrolling both RFK Jr. and Donald Trump?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/timothy-mellon-ultra-wealthy-donor-092718590.html
bear2034
Would RFJ Jr. have a chance at beating Biden in California if Republicans voted for him? Biden wouldn't be able to win if he lost California's electoral votes.
bearister
RFK Jr.'s brain got Tremor-ed! When those bad boys be wantin' hors d'oeuvres, they gettin'em!

dajo9
bearister said:

RFK Jr.'s brain got Tremor-ed! When those bad boys be wantin' hors d'oeuvres, they gettin'em!

RFK Jr's brain worms died of starvation
American Vermin
bearister
dajo9 said:

bearister said:

RFK Jr's brain worms died of starvation

They did, however, target and destroy the part of his brain that harbored the thought,"Maybe it isn't a good idea to f everything that squats when it pees"

concordtom
I saw the report and thought - wow, they are really going after him now.
But, the information is documented in his own admission, as a reason for not being able to earn more money in a divorce?
Wow, dude should just retire to Costa Rica.
Bye!
bearister
Big C

As little as ten years ago, nobody woulda thought a clown like this (^) could get within sniffing distance of double digits in the polls or the election.

- served time on probation for possession of heroin
- espouses bizarre conspiracy theories
- speaks like he needs somebody to perform the Heimlich maneuver on him
- claims a worm was in his brain, chowing down

What a world this has become.
bearister
The 2003 California Gubernatorial Recall Election was a harbinger. There is nothing new under the sun…and Smothers Brothers cast member Pat Paulsen was as qualified to be POTUS in 1968 as tRump is, with the exception of Pat having the leg up of being intelligent.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.