What's up with all this RFK Jr business these days?

16,015 Views | 236 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by bearister
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearHunter said:

Big C said:

Roger Stone just oozes credibility...
Facts are facts. It's either or true or not.
It's true that Roger Stone is desperate to maintain notoriety
American Vermin
BearHunter
dajo9 said:

BearHunter said:

Trump released 80% of the declassified files on the JFK assassination The remaining 20% is still classified. This is what we know.

Lee Harvey Oswald was an FBI informant and received a 1099 form for being on their payroll.
He attended a foreign language school in North Carolina run by the CIA and learned Russian.
Lyndon B. Johnson was a member of the KKK in Texas.
For 50 years the FBI went after liberals and you didn't care. Then they investigated your cult leader (poorly) and now I have an ally in repealing and replacing the FBI. Let's go!

Fifty years ago, I would have been retweeting as events were unfolding and posting on BI in real time only to be told by you guys that this is all a right wing conspiracy supported by Putin. .
BearHunter
dajo9 said:

BearHunter said:

Big C said:

Facts are facts. It's either or true or not.
It's true that Roger Stone is desperate to maintain notoriety

"JFK threatened to 'smash the CIA into a million pieces."

Stone believes the assassination of JFK involved multiple gunmen since "no government marksman has ever been able to get off three shots during the time sequence required."

Four of the Watergate burglars were on the ground in Dealey Plaza, the site of the assassination.

bearister
…as were Woody Harrelson's and Ted Cruz' dads.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Eastern Oregon Bear
BearHunter said:

Big C said:

Facts are facts. It's either true or not.
Upon further review, this comment has been overruled.
okaydo
Unit2Sucks
okaydo said:

This is the sort of unbridled idiocy that underpins his support.

As I pointed out in the other RFK thread, he's not some serious person who understands or respects science, he's a conspiracy theorists who cloaks his nonsense in science-sounding junk. He's no different from Trump asking in a live press conference whether we could inject bleach to battle covid.

This probably explains why he is fare more popular with MAGAts than the democrats who he is pretending to court. I hope he runs as an independent because it will make the batshlt crazies have to choose between him and Trump, allowing Biden to run away with the election again.
Big C
Unit2Sucks said:

okaydo said:

As I pointed out in the other RFK thread, he's not some serious person who understands or respects science, he's a conspiracy theorists who cloaks his nonsense in science-sounding junk. He's no different from Trump asking in a live press conference whether we could inject bleach to battle covid.

This probably explains why he is fare more popular with MAGAts than the democrats who he is pretending to court. I hope he runs as an independent because it will make the batshlt crazies have to choose between him and Trump, allowing Biden to run away with the election again.

The problem (for the Democrats) with RFK Jr as a third-party candidate is two-fold:

- his very name signifies "Democrat" to many people

- most of the attention on him has centered around anti-vax and conspiracy theories to the point where most people don't know where he stands on nuts-and-bolts issues, so if he suddenly styles himself as a "populist from the left" in the election, I'm afraid that some Dem voters might buy it
Unit2Sucks
Big C said:

Unit2Sucks said:

okaydo said:

The problem (for the Democrats) with RFK Jr as a third-party candidate is two-fold:

- his very name signifies "Democrat" to many people

- most of the attention on him has centered around anti-vax and conspiracy theories to the point where most people don't know where he stands on nuts-and-bolts issues, so if he suddenly styles himself as a "populist from the left" in the election, I'm afraid that some Dem voters might buy it

That's certainly the hope and why so many GOPers are pushing his candidacy. Same reason they pushed Kanye in 2020. They know Trump can't win head to head with a normal person so they have to push whackos and hope they take out some portion of progressives the way that Jill Stein did in 2016.

The GOP platform doesn't resonate with enough Americans to win nationwide so they need some sort of deus ex machine to win.
okaydo
I've been informed by the mods that this thread is in danger of being merged with the "Republicans gonna Republican" thread.
okaydo

BearHunter
Imagine if Biden picked Fetterman instead of Kamala. The Democrats would have gotten at least a 100 million votes!
Big C
BearHunter said:

Imagine if Biden picked Fetterman instead of Kamala. The Democrats would have gotten at least a 100 million votes!

I don't even know what that means, but it sure was funny when Fetterman beat the GOP candidate. Fetterman! I mean, to lose to a Fetterman, you'd have to nominate some sort of multi-millionaire with a name out of some kind of exotic fantasy fairy tale that didn't even live in the state he was running in!

Can't wait to see what clowns the Republicans nominate in 2024, lol...
chazzed

bearister
RFK Jr. Claims He's Not Anti-Vax During Congressional Hearing Rolling Stone

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/rfk-jr-testimony-house-congress-vaccines-anti-vax-1234792491/
Big C

What the heck is wrong with the dude's voice?!? I mean, there but for the grace of God could be me, but they had a vaccine for that and I held out my arm and took it.
bearister
Spasmodic dysphonia: What RFK Jr.'s voice condition means for his campaign | News | gazette.com

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/healthcare/rfk-jr-rare-voice-disorder-spasmodic-dysphonia-campaign?utm_source=gazette.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=csg_news_feed
BearHunter
bearister said:

If you received vaccinations your entire life but refused the Covid jab, are you still anti-vax in the eyes of Rolling Stone Magazine?
Eastern Oregon Bear
BearHunter said:

bearister said:

If you received vaccinations your entire life but refused the Covid jab, are you still anti-vax in the eyes of Rolling Stone Magazine?
If RFK Jr had only refused to personally take the COVID vaccination, I don't think anyone would have cared or labeled him anti-vax.
sycasey
Seriously, why is RFK Jr the hill to die on for these people? You don't have a better avatar than a guy with insane takes on vaccines?
cbbass1
sycasey said:

Seriously, why is RFK Jr the hill to die on for these people? You don't have a better avatar than a guy with insane takes on vaccines?
Simply put: I'd rather have a President who gets vaccines wrong than a President who got Iraq wrong.

BTW - Despite the current barrage of corporate media hit pieces, RFK Jr has the highest favorability ratings of any 2024 Presidential candidate, according to the latest Harvard-Harris poll:

It's easy to see why the "Democratic" Party and their corporate media partners are conducting an all-out campaign to discredit RFK Jr. He, and his policy positions, are a direct threat to the corporate factions of both political parties.

Also note that the Biden campaign's fundraising from small-$$ donors is pathetic.

A head-to-head matchup between Biden & Trump is pretty close at this point. However, if RFK Jr is the Democratic Party nominee, he beats Trump like a drum.

RFK Jr's positions are:
  • Against corruption & corporate capture of the Federal Government;
  • Against corporate media and their decades-long efforts to divide America's Workers;
  • Against Neocon foreign policy of spreading Neoliberalism via U.S. military, economic, & cultural dominance;
  • Against "regime change" wars (Libya, Iraq, Ukraine/Russia), for peace;
  • Against risky / gain-of-function bioweapons research;
  • For American Worker getting a larger share of the profits that they produce;

To me, these positions look closer to the policy positions of REAL (i.e., pre-DLC/pre-Neoliberal/Kennedy) Democrats, much more than Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, and the rest of the "Democratic" Party establishment.

Note: I'll continue to use the quotation marks (' " ') when referring to the "Democratic" Party until they
  • use a small-d democratic primary process to let voters select the Party's presidential candidate (as opposed to selecting their favored candidate in a "woke-filled room");
  • stop using corporate donations and 'dark money' to influence the primary process;
  • stop paying op-ed writers to discredit & disparage the candidates they don't like;
  • eliminate anti-democratic Super-Delegates from the primary process.

The Republicans aren't the only Party that hates small-d democracy.

The Democrats have proven that they will defend Neoliberalism/"trickle-down"/austerity and corporate power above all else, without regard for the impact on American Workers.

Perfectly fine to disagree with RFK Jr on vaccines; I have several major disagreements with him on Public Health policy myself. But before you dismiss him as a "nut case" or "conspiracy theorist," at least hear & understand what he's saying in his several long interviews on YouTube. And definitely hear him out when he talks about the most important problems that face us as a nation.

sycasey
cbbass1 said:

Perfectly fine to disagree with RFK Jr on vaccines; I have several major disagreements with him on Public Health policy myself. But before you dismiss him as a "nut case" or "conspiracy theorist," at least hear & understand what he's saying in his several long interviews on YouTube. And definitely hear him out when he talks about the most important problems that face us as a nation.

The more I hear from him, the more I think he sounds like a nut, so I don't think this will work.
bearister
I only liked him when he was young and, as Arlo Guthrie might say, a freak that drank Miller High Life.

*The Kennedys are all possessed of hair that made for looking like a darn impressive hippie (with an equally impressive credit card limit, naturally).
AunBear89
Wow. More Yogi Sock Puppet irony. . .
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
cbbass1
sycasey said:

cbbass1 said:

The more I hear from him, the more I think he sounds like a nut, so I don't think this will work.
And you're being bombarded with his most distasteful opinions, many times per day, by the corporate media echo chamber. And you're not exposed, at all, to the opinions & positions he holds that are far more in line with the majority of "Democratic" and independent voters than Biden.

The "Democratic" Party is spending its precious campaign resources on a very expensive, all-out campaign to drive down the favorability ratings of one of its own primary candidates. The goal is to ensure that there will be no debate with Biden, nor any troublesome "victory" for RFK Jr in the New Hampshire primary.

The "Democratic" Party does not trust voters to choose their candidate. They've made their choice. And they're willing to risk losing to Trump -- even as a convicted felon -- rather than having a candidate that would beat Trump by a mile, but who might not placate the Party's corporate donors as consistently as Biden has.

So the Party that claimed "Democracy is on the ballot" in 2020, and will certainly make the same claim in 2024, is running roughshod over any semblance of small-d democracy to make their choice of candidates. [The whole point of a primary is to let voters decide which candidate has the best chance to WIN in the general election, no?]

Given the Heritage Foundation / GOP plan for destroying democracy & the Constitution if they win the White House, that's an extremely huge risk. What happens if/when Biden has a "Mitch McConnell moment?"

Buoyed by RFK Jr's recent drop in popularity among Dem voters, corporate media will undoubtedly become overconfident about its ability to destroy non-corporate or alternative candidates. And this sets us up for a replay of the 2016 election, where Hillary Clinton was the Party's extremely unpopular corporate/status quo candidate, going against outsider/populist Trump. Of course, she lost.

Note: While RFK Jr's favorability ratings have tanked among Dem voters, they've increased among GOP voters.

If Joe Biden is the "Democratic" candidate, expect that he will lose -- even after Trump is convicted, and even if he's in prison (despite the 14th Amendment).

But even if Biden wins, expect that his corporate donors (who are largely the same as the GOP corporate donors) will still be twisting his & the Dems' arms to implement the Heritage Foundation plan for destroying democracy (link above) -- because the never-Trump Republicans have, or will, move to solidify their control of the "Democratic" Party.

Once JFK Jr is rejected by corporate media and the Dem establishment, don't be surprised if he follows the Tulsi Gabbard model (i.e., leaving the "Democratic" Party, and either joining the GOP or running as an independent, like Bernie Sanders). In the race for the GOP nomination, his views on public health, vaccines, the economy, corporate dominance, and foreign policy are infinitely more popular (and, aside from the vaccines & public health, much more aligned with ALL U.S. voters). This would complete the transition of the Republican Party as the anti-corporate, anti-war, populist party, and leave the Democrats as the corporate, pro-war, elite party. RFK Jr would easily beat DeSantis or Chris Christie, leaving him taking on Trump -- who's already endorsed RFK Jr -- as the leader for the GOP nomination.

There's also the possibility of RFK Jr running as a 3rd-party candidate. If it's corrupt Biden vs convicted felon Trump vs RFK Jr vs Dr. Cornel West, the corporate 'uniparty' could very well lose.

Even corporate GOP strategist Karl Rove is joining the Dem/corporate media bandwagon, dumping on RFK Jr:

Given RFK Jr's appearance at the House Committee Hearing on Censorship, and his newfound appeal to GOP /Trump voters, I think that Rove is attempting to head off the possibility of RFK Jr challenging Trump in the GOP, or running as a 3rd-party candidate, as well as making sure he doesn't get anywhere near the Dem nomination. As a 3rd-party candidate, RFK Jr. would take many voters from BOTH the Dems and the GOP; it's just not clear who would lose more.
Cal88
^An RFK-West ticket would be intriguing.
sycasey
Yes, RFK's only real appeal is that he's not Biden or Trump. His own actual positions don't hold up to any real scrutiny, especially the ones on vaccines and Russia/Ukraine (IMO). He has a ceiling that he'll quickly reach once people actually learn more about him.
OsoDorado
Cal88 said:

An even more intriguing ticket would be if Marianne Williamson names RFK Jr. as her VP running mate.
Big C

When I look at a candidate and, out of the first ten things I see, 6-7 spell "whacko", I'm not about to take a deep dive, in hopes that he/she looks great on things 10-100.

I get the cynicism with the Democratic Party, but the fact that he's gaining popularity among Republicans, I don't see that as a positive. Duh. The ones that say they like him are anti-vaxxers who want to toss a monkey wrench into the opposition's chances.
bearister
…and RFKJr once wrote an opinion piece chewing out Ralph Nader for torpedoing Al "Inventor of the Information Super Highway and I Never Pass Up a Firm Massage" Gore's bid for the White House.
Big C
bearister said:

…and RFKJr once wrote an opinion piece chewing out Ralph Nader for torpedoing Al "Inventor of the Information Super Highway and I Never Pass Up a Firm Massage" Gore's bid for the White House.

Interesting hypothetical: How might our world today be different, if Gore had become President instead of GW Bush?
bearister
Big C said:

bearister said:

Interesting hypothetical: How might our world today be different, if Gore had become President instead of GW Bush?

No pretextural invasion of Iraq and attempt to establish the Neocon wet dream of a Pax Americana in the Middle East. Iraq would have remained an effective counterweight to Iran.
cbbass1
OsoDorado said:

Cal88 said:

An even more intriguing ticket would be if Marianne Williamson names RFK Jr. as her VP running mate.
Both of these definitely would be intriguing. But that's about all they would be.

Candidates choose a VP/running mate only after they win their Party's nomination, at the end of the primary campaign, and at their Party's Convention. For for either RFK Jr. or Marianne Williamson to choose a running mate, they would first need to win the "Democratic" Party's -- or any party's -- Presidential nomination.

As much as I agree with Marianne Williamson on politics, economics, and spirituality, her campaign is extremely unlikely to succeed, for the simple reason that her campaign is not working for ballot access for state primaries. No ballot access -> no primary votes -> no delegates (and absolutely no anti-democratic "Superdelegates") -> no nomination.

Williamson was BY FAR the most popular candidate of all on TikTok, amassing more than 11 million video views:

Marianne Williamson, Fusing Bernie Sanders and (Early) Jordan Peterson, Is Taking Over TikTok
Marianne mania is gripping TikTok.
https://theintercept.com/2023/04/14/marianne-williamson-tiktok/

However, the TikTok accounts of many of Williamson's most popular supporters were banned after being mass-reported (presumably by DNC/Biden supporters). That may have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

So now, millions of Williamson's TikTok fans will get the pitch from the DNC: "We just destroyed your favorite candidate. But vote for our guy, even though he, and we, are committed to NOT doing anything that you want your Government to do."

The DNC is most likely convinced, by now, that no further action is needed on Williamson. They'll ignore her & let her campaign run out of $$$, well before the NH primary -- where she won't be on the ballot.

So all the DNC's guns, at this point, are pointed at RFK Jr. We'll be treated to more "Can you believe RFK Jr said ________????" hit pieces all over corporate media, 24/7, until the calls for small-d democracy (i.e., primary campaigns, debates, etc.) relent.
OsoDorado
cbbass1 said:

OsoDorado said:

Cal88 said:

The DNC is most likely convinced, by now, that no further action is needed on Williamson. They'll ignore her & let her campaign run out of $$$, well before the NH primary -- where she won't be on the ballot.

So all the DNC's guns, at this point, are pointed at RFK Jr. We'll be treated to more "Can you believe RFK Jr said ________????" hit pieces all over corporate media, 24/7, until the calls for small-d democracy (i.e., primary campaigns, debates, etc.) relent.

Let's assume your overall pessimism about Marianne Williamson and RFK jr.'s prospects turns out to be true, and that Joe Biden and Donald Trump are the nominees of the 2 major parties.

Probably this would be a "lesser of 2 evils" scenario (if I'm understanding you correctly.) Would you, under this "lesser of 2 evils scenario" conclude:

a) there is no reason to vote at all because there is no significant difference between the two;
b) I will hold my nose and vote for Biden because electing Trump would be a bigger catastrophe; OR
c) I will write-in Marianne Williamson because it makes no difference and I live in a safely "Blue" state?

Just wondering what your perspective implies as to your ultimate voting decision ...
Eastern Oregon Bear
cbbass1 said:

OsoDorado said:

Cal88 said:

Both of these definitely would be intriguing. But that's about all they would be.

Candidates choose a VP/running mate only after they win their Party's nomination, at the end of the primary campaign, and at their Party's Convention. For for either RFK Jr. or Marianne Williamson to choose a running mate, they would first need to win the "Democratic" Party's -- or any party's -- Presidential nomination.

As much as I agree with Marianne Williamson on politics, economics, and spirituality, her campaign is extremely unlikely to succeed, for the simple reason that her campaign is not working for ballot access for state primaries. No ballot access -> no primary votes -> no delegates (and absolutely no anti-democratic "Superdelegates") -> no nomination.

Williamson was BY FAR the most popular candidate of all on TikTok, amassing more than 11 million video views:

Marianne Williamson, Fusing Bernie Sanders and (Early) Jordan Peterson, Is Taking Over TikTok
Marianne mania is gripping TikTok.
https://theintercept.com/2023/04/14/marianne-williamson-tiktok/

However, the TikTok accounts of many of Williamson's most popular supporters were banned after being mass-reported (presumably by DNC/Biden supporters). That may have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

So now, millions of Williamson's TikTok fans will get the pitch from the DNC: "We just destroyed your favorite candidate. But vote for our guy, even though he, and we, are committed to NOT doing anything that you want your Government to do."

I was thoroughly unimpressed by Marianne Williamson in 2020 as were the vast majority of Democratic voters. I don't see any reason for her chances to improve significantly improve in 2024. I have my doubts about her having millions of Tik Tok accounts pushing her, but since I don't use Tik Tok, I can't accurately assess her level of support on that platform.

As for RFK Jr., the VAST majority of the people I see supporting him are either vaccine conspiracy theorists or MAGA diehards (DINOs). That makes me immediately suspicious.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.