Harvard's President Gay & Plagiarism

5,466 Views | 107 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by bear2034
calbear93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Genocide Joe said:

movielover said:

Lotta White Supremacy going on at Ha-vard. Are all the cheaters Liberal?

Harvard President
Stanford President
Pocahontas Warren - fake Native American
Elizabeth Hoover - Cal - fake Native American
Three profs- University of Kansas
UC Riverside prof - fake NA

"Jacqueline Keeler, a writer who investigates people who falsely claim Indigenous ancestry for personal gain, and who posted the details of Smith's agreement earlier this month, told Inside Higher Ed: "Academia is basically a pretendian factory."

"It is the ultimate form of colonization, where they actually become us instead of actually listening to us," she told the outlet."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/aug/28/california-professor-resigns-native-american-heritage

https://apnews.com/article/berkeley-professor-false-native-identity-apology-dabc6d97dcb6f96aedc6c6c62b4975ee

https://www.thecollegefix.com/three-university-of-kansas-professors-face-allegations-of-fake-native-american-ancestry/
Now that we're willing to discuss why people shouldn't pretend to be black or Native American when they're not, maybe someday we'll have a discussion about the explosion of people pretending that they're not the gender that biology says they are
Why do you hate alternative facts?
bear2034

$15M annual payroll & benefits for the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Division (DEI) at the University of Michigan.
bear2034

Did Harvard's previous presidents also engage in plagiarism but were never caught?
tequila4kapp
I seriously do not understand going to the mats for Gay. 50 alleged instances of plagiarism is insane. That should be indefensible. And her "punishment" is that she gets to earn 900K to be a professor. It is such a head scratcher that she's allowed to stay on campus at all.
dajo9
Who is going to the mats for Gay?
American Vermin
MinotStateBeav
dajo9 said:

Who is going to the mats for Gay?
Elton John
Unit2Sucks
tequila4kapp said:

I seriously do not understand going to the mats for Gay. 50 alleged instances of plagiarism is insane. That should be indefensible. And her "punishment" is that she gets to earn 900K to be a professor. It is such a head scratcher that she's allowed to stay on campus at all.

This whole thing is a scandal manipulated by Christopher Rufo. No one really cares but he's probably the best current right wing provocateur at taking meaningful (EDIT: meaningless) issues and convincing conservatives to manipulate the media into making them stories.

He's done this with a bunch of things over the last few years and appears to be the thought leader along MAGAts. Nothing he is doing is like helpful to the country or likely to lead to any meaningful policy change, but he's winning at what he cares about.
bear2034
Unit2Sucks said:

tequila4kapp said:

This whole thing is a scandal manipulated by Christopher Rufo. No one really cares but he's probably the best current right wing provocateur at taking meaningful issues and convincing conservatives to manipulate the media into making them stories. He's done this with a bunch of things over the last few years and appears to be the thought leader along MAGAts. Nothing he is doing is like helpful to the country or likely to lead to any meaningful policy change, but he's winning at what he cares about.

The left went after Chris Rufo for exposing Harvard and Claudine Gay and mocked him for attending Harvard Extension. It took a Harvard Extension guy to bring down the Harvard board and establishment. Well done to Christopher Rufo.
bear2034

The great John Fetterman on Harvard.
Eastern Oregon Bear
bear2034 said:

I thought you guys claimed that Fetterman spent his days drooling on his zwieback.
Eastern Oregon Bear
bear2034 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

tequila4kapp said:

This whole thing is a scandal manipulated by Christopher Rufo. No one really cares but he's probably the best current right wing provocateur at taking meaningful issues and convincing conservatives to manipulate the media into making them stories. He's done this with a bunch of things over the last few years and appears to be the thought leader along MAGAts. Nothing he is doing is like helpful to the country or likely to lead to any meaningful policy change, but he's winning at what he cares about.

The left went after Chris Rufo for exposing Harvard and Claudine Gay and mocked him for attending Harvard Extension. It took a Harvard Extension guy to bring down the Harvard board and establishment. Well done to Christopher Rufo.
Well, if it's OK to lie about your educational background, from now on, you can refer to me as Dr. Eastern Oregon Bear.
MinotStateBeav
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

bear2034 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

tequila4kapp said:

Well, if it's OK to lie about your educational background, from now on, you can refer to me as Dr. Eastern Oregon Bear.
You go to the same medical school as Dr. Jill Biden?
Eastern Oregon Bear
MinotStateBeav said:

bear2034 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

tequila4kapp said:

I'm not a medical doctor, just a Ph.D., but I have one from every college and university in the country and most of the foreign ones. I'm still wrapping up a few out there.
sycasey

bear2034 said:

I thought you guys claimed that Fetterman spent his days drooling on his zwieback.

Amazing how quickly Fetterman went from mentally incompetent to "great" once he started owning the libs.
bear2034

bear2034 said:

Are you a pinko?
bear2034
sycasey said:

bear2034 said:

Amazing how quickly Fetterman went from mentally incompetent to "great" once he started owning the libs.

We all donated to Fetterman's campaign just to see what would happen. Didn't you?
Eastern Oregon Bear
bear2034 said:

bear2034 said:

Are you a pinko?
No, but I once used pinking shears.
calbear93

MinotStateBeav said:

bear2034 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

tequila4kapp said:

I'm not a medical doctor, just a Ph.D., but I have one from every college and university in the country and most of the foreign ones. I'm still wrapping up a few out there.

Seems like you are an ideal candidate to represent Northern Long Island in the House.
cbbass1
None of this B.S. happens without Israel's genocide in Gaza.

The "problem" is NOT how students at U.S. universities protest the genocide, nor how university presidents & chancellors respond to their protests (in a nation that has 1st Amendment Freedom of Speech).

The problem is the genocide.
bear2034
cbbass1 said:

None of this B.S. happens without Israel's genocide in Gaza.

The "problem" is NOT how students at U.S. universities protest the genocide, nor how university presidents & chancellors respond to their protests (in a nation that has 1st Amendment Freedom of Speech).

The problem is the genocide.

And if it wasn't for those sneaky Hamas terrorists, Claudine Gay would still be the president of Harvard!!!
DiabloWags
tequila4kapp said:

Maybe I am naive or just out of touch but 50 instances of plagiarism???

No.
You're just terribly gullible and dumb.
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
DiabloWags
bear2034 said:

White privilege.

Say hello to Bill Ackman's wife.
Plagiarist Neri Oxman.

Hypocrite.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/05/us/plagiarism-bill-ackman-neri-oxman-claudine-gay-harvard.html
dajo9
DiabloWags said:

bear2034 said:

White privilege.

Plagiarist Neri Oxman.

Hypocrite.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/05/us/plagiarism-bill-ackman-neri-oxman-claudine-gay-harvard.html

This will be a one and done for NY Times reporting. As opposed to the daily reporting of Gay, or Her emails, or Whitewater, or whatever right wing issue they are pushing.
American Vermin
bear2034
DiabloWags said:

bear2034 said:

White privilege.
Plagiarist Neri Oxman.

Hypocrite.

Harvard should give her a $900,000 teaching position too then.
DiabloWags
bear2034 said:

DiabloWags said:

bear2034 said:

White privilege.
Plagiarist Neri Oxman.

Hypocrite.

She's too busy apologizing for her husband being a hypocritical ass.

Meanwhile, Oxman stole sentences and whole paragraphs from Wikipedia, other scholars, and technical documents in her academic writing. These weren't just citation errors.

But the right-wing low IQ Trump crowd doesn't know the difference.
Welcome to Dumberica!

Have another shot of Tequila.

Academic celebrity Neri Oxman plagiarized from Wikipedia, scholars, a textbook, and other sources without any attribution (yahoo.com)

Unit2Sucks
DiabloWags said:

Meanwhile, Oxman stole sentences and whole paragraphs from Wikipedia, other scholars, and technical documents in her academic writing. These weren't just citation errors.

Welcome to Dumberica!

Academic celebrity Neri Oxman plagiarized from Wikipedia, scholars, a textbook, and other sources without any attribution (yahoo.com)

When MAGA sends its trolls online, they aren't sending their best. They aren't sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing idiotic ideas. They're bringing racism. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.
Eastern Oregon Bear
If you quote from an article in a dissertation, but the article doesn't exist and you wrote the quoted text yourself, is it plagiarism?

Asking for a friend.

Dr. Eastern Oregon Bear, Ph.D.
calbear93

If you quote from an article in a dissertation, but the article doesn't exist and you wrote the quoted text yourself, is it plagiarism?

Asking for a friend.

Dr. Eastern Oregon Bear, Ph.D.

Probably fraud and may not get you tenure at Harvard, but you would be a ready-made star for NYT, almost to the level of Jayson Blair.
Lets Go Brandon
Unit2Sucks said:

DiabloWags said:

Welcome to Dumberica!

When MAGA sends its trolls online, they aren't sending their best. They aren't sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing idiotic ideas. They're bringing racism. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

Lets Go Brandon

Lets Go Brandon
Genocide Joe said:

bear2034
Obama secretly pushed Harvard to keep president Claudine Gay despite campus antisemitism, plagiarism controversies.

https://nypost.com/2023/12/22/news/obama-pushed-harvard-to-keep-embattled-claudine-gay-report/
Chapman_is_Gone
I don't understand all of this debate. She is clearly gay. Just look at her haircut. Can we move on?
Lets Go Brandon

movielover
bear2034 said:

DiabloWags said:

bear2034 said:

White privilege.
Plagiarist Neri Oxman.

Hypocrite.

The elites feathers are ruffled.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.