Four questions for Off Topic Republicans, MAGA, or Trump apologists.

2,506 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by bear2034
MinotStateBeav
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A woman is a human biological female. Women are not a skin suit. You think to treat people what they aren't is empathy, I believe it's first, bad for society and terrible for the person. If that person believes they're god, do you pray to them? No? why not? Shouldn't you have empathy? Almost every single trans person has multiple mental health issues going on, and as a sane person it's irresponsible to play into it. Unfortunately this country has turned this mental illness into a billion dollar industry. The high number of suicides kind of prove what negative effect this is having.

Zippergate
blungld said:

I didn't say we should "give in to" every trans whim. It's telling that you see trying to protect them from persecution and cruel policies that target them as giving in to their every whim. But my point was not about policy. I said we might disagree on policy. I said that if you believe that trans women are not women then you are engaged in bigotry, are anti-science, and do not understand the difference between sex and gender. It's the sentence you use and how you frame other's positions that I took exception to.

How many trans people do you have in your life? What is your real world experience dealing with trans issues and actual living breathing people, or is your only experience memes and op-eds and "ha ha ha Liberals think a man can be a woman" straw men?

I suspect you are like so many conservatives who until their child is in an interracial relationship, or gay, or trans, or a member of whichever group that has been historically othered by conservatives, perfectly comfortable with inequality and see any effort to treat them humanely as "giving in" or taking something from you...until it directly effects you. How about you try and get ahead of the curve and conjure a little empathy and understanding BEFORE it enters your life directly or your tribe accepts another "loss" in the ongoing evolution of social justice? You know, like decent people do.
Matt Walsh said it best: "What is a woman?" None of the people in his documentary, not the trans doctors , therapists or activists, could tell him and neither can you. Subtracting body parts and adding artificial, non-functioning ones of the opposite sex may make some of these people feel that their bodies are more compatible with their gender dysphoria, but it does not make them the same as the people born naturally of that gender. This can never happen and to suggest otherwise is a grand lie, both to them and to the rest of society; there is no legitimate science to the contrary. Transgender science starting with degenerates like Money and Kinsey has always been a sham.

It never ceases to amaze me the things you assume about conservatives. Over and over, it's an variation of the following: If only that reactionary neanderthal knew a trans person or had a child in an interracial marriage, he would become enlightened accept the new wisdom only possessed by the only true moralists, 21st century progressives. What a ridiculous caricature and complete farce. You know very little about me--certainly nothing in these particular areas--so why do you assume? Well, turnabout is fair play. Do you affirm that trans furries are real furries? If so, I retract the question and scold myself for trying to engage with an imbecile. If not, and you don't know any furries (a safe assumption, I think) who do you think you are to reject their experience and their identity? If you only knew some furries you would undoubtedly think differently. You would affirm their behavior, accommodate their need for cat litter in bathrooms, etc. To the progressive, the only difference between inconceivable idiocy and accepted dogma is the passage of a few years. I fully accept absurdities such as furries will be fully accepted in the future in the same ways that polyamorous marriage and pedophelia are being normalized. Such is the fluid, mob-like groupthink of progressive "thought."

Evolution of social justice? More like devolution. Progressives have this insane belief that because they think they were all alone (false) on the right side of the civil rights movement, any quest for new rights must be affirmed. if taking a stand for clear thinking about reality means being on the losing side your movement, I will gladly take the "L" every single time.
bearister
"Matt Walsh said it best: "What is a woman?"

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
AunBear89
I see you, and raise you.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bearister
Lynda Carter. Call.

Big C
bear2034 said:

Big C said:

Regarding #4, I still haven't quite figured out why those people hate Adam Schiff so much, but it might have something to do with him being really sensible and articulate, which can be super-frustrating!

Big C, this is so disappointing. There's a part of me that can understand why liberal females, bearister, and concordtom would hate Trump. You don't know why people hate Adam Schiff?

ahh... dajo reminded me: it was because he was spokesperson for that committee that went after trump.

other reason: easy for GOP caricaturists to draw him (slightly bulging eyes and pencil-ish neck)

no other reasons
Big C
Palestinian Chicken said:

Big CAOC and Schiff suck for different reasons. AOC sucks because she is a fake who sold out every single principle that she claimed to hold that got her elected in the first place. Schiff sucks because he's a liar, he's a vassal for the intelligence community, and he leaks like crazy to the media, which is why they were all so certain Russiagate was real and then were left looking like jackasses (just like you were) when Mueller had nothing. They all believed Schiff was feeding them real info when he had zero proof. said:

Quote:

Never stops being funny how much all you Biden voters bought into Russiagate.
Who out there do you actually like and what chance do they have to be elected to anything? I admire idealism, but politics and democratic government are about compromise.
Elected officials are spokesmodels. For the most part, they don't get to have their own opinions and principles because they know they can't get elected without money. And so they are vassals for the entities that supply the money that gets them elected. I doubt that even a clown like John Fetterman actually is as gung-ho for Israel as the clown he is playing right now. He's just doing the bidding of his AIPAC sponsors and because he is so fervent in his support, he will continue to get that precious AIPAC cash.

Anybody that is looking for purity in their elected officials (at least the ones that need major money to get elected, I'm sure there are good public servants at the city and county level) is on a foolhardy mission. Somewhere along the line, the money that got them elected is going to tell them how to vote or the money is going to someone else to take their place next term. The best one can hope for in the current faux democracy we have is to find allies where you can find them on your most important issues. Chances are they probably hold a position on some other issue that is abhorrent to you, but if they actually have a principle of a stand that you care about, then you back them on that one issue. But what you don't do is what the clowns on this forum do and idolize politicians who don't care about you except when they need your vote. You gotta hold their feet to the fire constantly and let them know that your vote can be taken away from them at any time

People can ask me that question as many times as they like and they're gonna get the same answer every time. If you give me nothing but bad choices on Election Day, then I have no reason to vote for any of them. I'd rather withhold my vote or give it to someone with no chance than participate in a system that doesn't represent me. And anyone who is unhappy with the system (Congress currently has a 17% approval rating, but well over 80% of all Congressmen and Senators will be re-elected when they run for their next re-election) is a fool for continuing to support these jokers. The people who don't vote are far saner than the ones who continue supporting the farce and pretend that they're the smart ones.
Quote:

Regarding Russiagate, how do you explain the pee tape?

thanks for the detailed response
Palestinian Chicken
Big C said:

Big CAOC and Schiff suck for different reasons. AOC sucks because she is a fake who sold out every single principle that she claimed to hold that got her elected in the first place. Schiff sucks because he's a liar, he's a vassal for the intelligence community, and he leaks like crazy to the media, which is why they were all so certain Russiagate was real and then were left looking like jackasses (just like you were) when Mueller had nothing. They all believed Schiff was feeding them real info when he had zero proof. said:

Quote:

Who out there do you actually like and what chance do they have to be elected to anything? I admire idealism, but politics and democratic government are about compromise.
Elected officials are spokesmodels. For the most part, they don't get to have their own opinions and principles because they know they can't get elected without money. And so they are vassals for the entities that supply the money that gets them elected. I doubt that even a clown like John Fetterman actually is as gung-ho for Israel as the clown he is playing right now. He's just doing the bidding of his AIPAC sponsors and because he is so fervent in his support, he will continue to get that precious AIPAC cash.

Anybody that is looking for purity in their elected officials (at least the ones that need major money to get elected, I'm sure there are good public servants at the city and county level) is on a foolhardy mission. Somewhere along the line, the money that got them elected is going to tell them how to vote or the money is going to someone else to take their place next term. The best one can hope for in the current faux democracy we have is to find allies where you can find them on your most important issues. Chances are they probably hold a position on some other issue that is abhorrent to you, but if they actually have a principle of a stand that you care about, then you back them on that one issue. But what you don't do is what the clowns on this forum do and idolize politicians who don't care about you except when they need your vote. You gotta hold their feet to the fire constantly and let them know that your vote can be taken away from them at any time

People can ask me that question as many times as they like and they're gonna get the same answer every time. If you give me nothing but bad choices on Election Day, then I have no reason to vote for any of them. I'd rather withhold my vote or give it to someone with no chance than participate in a system that doesn't represent me. And anyone who is unhappy with the system (Congress currently has a 17% approval rating, but well over 80% of all Congressmen and Senators will be re-elected when they run for their next re-election) is a fool for continuing to support these jokers. The people who don't vote are far saner than the ones who continue supporting the farce and pretend that they're the smart ones.
Quote:

I'm disappointed though that I get no love from you that I passed on the pee tape bait. I thought we were friends.
Big C

Big C said:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm disappointed though that I get no love from you that I passed on the pee tape bait. I thought we were friends.

Didn't expect you to take the bait on that, but somebody usually does, much to my delight. Look, there is a 28% chance that someone will still take it on this thread, even after you have established and I have readily admitted that it is bait. Why? Because everybody knows that there's a pee tape out there somewhere... it's just a matter of time before it surfaces. Sure, Trump bought up most of the copies, but there is zero chance that Putin didn't keep one. Problem is, it might be on Beta. And knowing that enrages some moronic suckers enough to where they'll take the bait.

(I will sit here and relax at this fishing hole until I am sure the last fish is gone. Why not, it's so easy!)
Chapman_is_Gone
bearister said:

Lynda Carter. Call.

My God! Those breasts could raise the Titanic!
bearister
Big C said:

Look, everybody knows that there's a pee tape out there somewhere... it's just a matter of time before it surfaces. Sure, Trump bought up most of the copies, but there is zero chance that Putin didn't keep one. Problem is, it might be on Beta.

Big C

^ In the "real" one, all he is wearing is a fishbowl (over his head) and, well, you know the other differences . . .
bearister
….and this…

blungld
Your post shows that you do not understand the fundamental difference between sex and gender.

Sex is a biological expression. A label that we use as it relates to reproduction primarily, but even at a biological level it is not a binary. We try and create neat boxes of two sex but there so many variables that the two boxes are crude and create all kinds of contradictions and inaccuracies. Again this is a naming convention not a plastic mold where only one of two models male and female are created.

And gender is completely different. It is personal and cultural identification. Just like there is nothing connecting the color pink to women biologically it has been connected here culturally. And in different countries it is different colors.

So when you ask what is a woman you are intentionally asking a question that you think confounds people but really it's that you don't listen to the answer. A woman has certain biologically associated traits but says nothing about the person standing in front of you who you do not know their genetics, chromosomes, genitalia, etc. and even if you did you might be in a grey area with that identification. But you would look at a woman and say that is a woman because of how she dresses which is not biological it is cultural presentation which is gender and is A CHOICE.

Just because you are not educated on the subject snd think in black and white terms doesn't mean you are correct. And furthermore why do you care? Why can't you just let people be who they want to be and not decide if they are wrong or don't exist or whatever.

Finally, you are absolutely factually wrong. All leading medical and health organizations recognize sex and gender as different and trans is not a mental condition.

FOR YOUR EDUCATION - from the WHO:
Gender refers to the characteristics of women, men, girls and boys that are socially constructed. This includes norms, behaviours and roles associated with being a woman, man, girl or boy, as well as relationships with each other. As a social construct, gender varies from society to society and can change over time.

Gender is hierarchical and produces inequalities that intersect with other social and economic inequalities. Gender-based discrimination intersects with other factors of discrimination, such as ethnicity, socioeconomic status, disability, age, geographic location, gender identity and sexual orientation, among others. This is referred to as intersectionality.

Gender interacts with but is different from sex, which refers to the different biological and physiological characteristics of females, males and intersex persons, such as chromosomes, hormones and reproductive organs. Gender and sex are related to but different from gender identity. Gender identity refers to a person's deeply felt, internal and individual experience of gender, which may or may not correspond to the person's physiology or designated sex at birth.
Zippergate
Thanks for the education. But once again we are talking past each other. I will let you have the last word on this.
Palestinian Chicken 1
dajo9 said:

Biden's Infrastructure Act, Inflation Reduction Act, and Chips Act have done great things for Americans

NVBear78
dajo9 said:

cbbass1 said:

The danger here is that the "Democratic" Party has based its overall campaign strategy on "Trump BAD," rather than using their control of WH, Senate, & House (until 2022) to bring substantial improvement to the lives of American Workers & Voters.

The polarization of U.S. politics is so pervasive that many liberal/moderate independents and Democrats are just fine with ANYTHING the Biden administration & Democrats do -- genocide, bombing consulates, starting WW3 -- as long as they oppose & condemn Trump.

Biden's Infrastructure Act, Inflation Reduction Act, and Chips Act have done great things for Americans

If you like continual inflation with high interest rates they're great!
NVBear78
Zippergate said:

Samsung committed to invest billions in a new plant in Arizona IIRC. They became so frustrated with red tape requirements of the chips act, particularly related to DEI hiring, that they froze the project and announced a new plant in Japan (SK?).

Everything these clowns touch makes things less efficient, more difficult, more costly. All roads lead to inflation.

Democrats love over regulation and red tape. They excel in that area.
dajo9
Bidens worst year for jobs is better than Trump's best year
American Vermin
bearister
….but the Evangelicals that believe tRump is a Messenger from God sent to establish a White Christian state want to regulate every aspect of your life pursuant to the tenets of their faith.
GoOskie
bear2034
dajo9 said:

Bidens worst year for jobs is better than Trump's best year
People have two jobs now instead of one!
bear2034
bearister said:

….but the Evangelicals that believe tRump is a Messenger from God sent to establish a White Christian state want to regulate every aspect of your life pursuant to the tenets of their faith.

There's a reason why they're called DemoKKKrats.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.