Massive Buying in DJT this Week!

774 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by DiabloWags
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone here get in?
Buy shares this week?
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
DiabloWags
CEO of DJT and vigilant Trump supporter Devin Nunes is definitely in the hot seat.

Does he allow a waiver for The Donald to sell his shares before late September's lock-up period expires?

Doing so would cause a crash in the share price and invite shareholder lawsuits.

Stay tuned!

DiabloWags

Stock closed at $41.53 yesterday.

But none of the MAGA fans here own a single share.

Not even bear2034.

Sad really.

bearister
DiabloWags said:

Stock closed at $41.53 yesterday.

But none of the MAGA fans here own a single share.

Not even bear2034.

Sad really.

Any estimate of how much tRump has made through straw men transactions in this process? Why do they allow short selling when it is such a text book vehicle for fraud?

Found this:
" Short selling is legal because investors and regulators say it plays an important role in market efficiency and liquidity. By permitting short selling, a strategy that speculates that a security will go down in price, regulators are, in effect, allowing investors to bet against what they see as overvalued stocks."

But why does that have the same sound to it as a tRump Press Secretary explaining something?

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
DiabloWags
There's nothing inherently wrong with short selling.

People buy shares in companies they believe to be undervalued.

People short shares in companies they believe to be ovetvalued.

The definition you referenced is based on a liquidity argument.

It's not wrong.

DiabloWags
FYI...

From 1938 up until 2007, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) had a rule stating that a stock could only be shorted on an uptick or a zero plus tick in order to prevent the destabilization of a stock.

As of 2010, if a stock has declined more than 10% that day traders may only short on an uptick. They may short freely if the stock hasn't declined by more than 10%.

This is why the stockmarket has become more VOLATILE.

You can literally "machine-gun" (down) the bid of a stock.

movielover
AP: Trump awarded 36 million more Trump Media shares worth $1.6 billion after hitting price benchmarks

Economist: Truth Social is a mind-bending win for Donald Trump
DiabloWags
More dilution.

And he only needed the stock to be above $17.50 for 20 consecutive trading days to secure the new shares.

Meanwhile, in other news ...

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/05/03/trump-media-auditor-charged-by-sec-with-massive-fraud-permanently-barred-from-public-company-audits.html
WalterSobchak
movielover said:

AP: Trump awarded 36 million more Trump Media shares worth $1.6 billion after hitting price benchmarks

Economist: Truth Social is a mind-bending win for Donald Trump
P.T. Barnum: There's a sucker born every minute
Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/donation/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 3% of alumni to give $100/mo. OR 6% to give $50/mo. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear
Unit2Sucks
DiabloWags said:

More dilution.

And he only needed the stock to be above $17.50 for 20 consecutive trading days to secure the new shares.

Meanwhile, in other news ...

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/05/03/trump-media-auditor-charged-by-sec-with-massive-fraud-permanently-barred-from-public-company-audits.html

Trump is the Forrest Gump of white collar crime. It's not a coincidence.

Truth Social is complaining about market manipulation from short sellers but there is virtually no chance that the actual market manipulation isn't people propping up the stock for other reasons. Those reasons could because it's a meme stock (wallstreetbets), because they are retail investors dumb enough to believe in Trump, or it could be foreign or other actors interested in currying favor with Trump.

The business continues to have negative intrinsic value. The most recent traffic reports show that it continues to shrink while competitors are growing. Meta's Threads product, which I haven't heard about in months, is 30 times larger and growing. Reddit has 300x as much traffic and a similar market cap. As you can imagine, given Trump's involvement, the company's response to the traffic data was laughable and offered no support for its bluster. "In just a few years Truth Social has amassed millions of users and our user base is rapidly expanding every day, though it's unsurprising to see the politicized media cherry pick some unreliable estimate to downplay our success."

It has virtually no chance of becoming an actual business and yet it remains valued in the billions. That's the true market manipulation.

dajo9
Threads has more daily users than Twitter. The only reason Twitter is still more relevant is because professionals have established networks on Twitter and Threads still needs to catch up on some functionality. But hopefully, in time, savvy professionals looking to grow will go to Threads.

https://www.threads.net/@jonchevreau/post/C6Hoiu1AyJh/?xmt=AQGz7b0YiukXJ-OeIED1LU3wBK-GlecDhE-ZT73TdVI6Ug
American Vermin
Unit2Sucks
dajo9 said:

Threads has more daily users than Twitter. The only reason Twitter is still more relevant is because professionals have established networks on Twitter and Threads still needs to catch up on some functionality. But hopefully, in time, savvy professionals looking to grow will go to Threads.

https://www.threads.net/@jonchevreau/post/C6Hoiu1AyJh/?xmt=AQGz7b0YiukXJ-OeIED1LU3wBK-GlecDhE-ZT73TdVI6Ug
Until BI supports a better experience for posting from threads, I will continue to post from twitter here.
dajo9
Unit2Sucks said:

dajo9 said:

Until BI supports a better experience for posting from threads, I will continue to post from twitter here.

So that's BI? I didn't know if it was Threads or BI that cause it to show as a link. I guess I'd complain if I weren't a freeloader here.
American Vermin
DiabloWags
Closed today at $54.39

Now +$20 from when I started this thread just 14 trading days ago.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.