SOUNDTRACK FOR SOCIAL DISTANCING, VOLUME II

5,022 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Cal88
Cal88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Great buildup on that song, Grace was very slick.

A bit in the same style but more on the experimental side, The United States of America, with vocalist Dorothy Moskowitz from Piedmont, CA, group founded by a UCLA PhD student Joseph Byrd. Their album is highly revered as a fine specimen of the early psychedelic era (1967-69)

https://thecarbonfreeze.com/2019/04/07/the-crown-jewel-of-psychedelic-rock/

going4roses
bearister said:

That song was on the Surrealistic Pillow album in 1967. I was in 7th grade. There was no one that didn't dig that.

Trivia: Band members Paul Kantner and Jorma Kaukonen both attended University of Santa Clara for a spell in the early 1960's.

Finding out they were based out of/ recorded in the Bay Area was awesome !!! Sly to Gramham Central station to Lenny Williams the Bay Area as produced alot of great music. Couple weeks ago I found out Prince recorded his first album at plant studios
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
bearister
In the late 60's/early 70's Larry Graham lived on Malcolm Avenue just off Grass Valley Road a bit down the road from Lake Chabot Golf Course. I saw him driving his Bugatti a couple of times.

Sly's sister, Rose, lived on Sequoyah View Court by Sequoyah Country Club.

….and Sonny Barger lived close to Bishop O' Dowd H.S. I saw him all the time.

A lot of Bay Area history was swirling around me growing up.

Just found this. I believe this was the car I saw him in. Someone at the time told me it was a Bugatti.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
going4roses
Oakland is a special place one off energy. Speaking of Sonny I saw an Instagram post of the East Bay Dragons MC having a party at 88th n East 14th the clubhouse . There were some Hells Angels in attendance. So many ignorant dumb comments I was taken a back …people from mc's around the country and CA saying this and that because the had no idea Sonny and Toby ( founding member of the dragons) were peers and friends since the 60's . So much misinformation and lack of simple research smh. I'm down the block Hells Angels clubhouse when they have events you can hear them from miles away.

Here are clips from Toby's funeral procession

Cal88

never a frown

with golden brown

going4roses
going4roses

He should have been performing half time this coming Saturday imo
Cal88

Cal88

Sam Spence
March 29, 1927 Feb. 6, 2016

In 1966, the ascendant NFL took on a thrilling new sound, as Sam Spence began scoring NFL Films highlights with orchestral music fit for swinging spy films and spaghetti westerns. "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" and "Fly, Eagles Fly" sound quaint next to the modern onslaughts of "The Over the Hill Gang," "Wild Bunch" and "The Pony Soldiers."

bearister

I think I was 26 when I saw that movie at the theater. I was impressed.

"The Wolfpack. 40,000 went to sea. 10,000 returned."*

Those are the stats that ran with the movie intro. The reality: 27,490 German submariners did not come back, a fatality rate of 70.4 percent.
Cal88
Awesome flick, and superb soundtrack!

Listening to Sam Spence tracks, it dawned on me that he was heavily inspired by the Das Boot soundtrack on that piece called Torpedo, and its name is a definite nod to the Doldinger soundtrack. U-Boot firing torpedoes transposed as QBs launching a tight spiral.

The last piece on that post was also very much inspired by Kraftwerk, sort of an underwater take on "Autobahn".
prospeCt

https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49ers-kyle-shanahan-biggest-fan-debate-show-turn-19829299.php

~ nice golden bears 13 - 12 sky blue & gold others

bearister
This is a Danish TV recording of Delaney & Bonnie & Friends performing. This is the rare complete recording in good quality. Note: The "Friends" is really the future Derek and the Dominos in the making.

Line-up:
Bonnie Bramlett : voc
Delaney Bramlett : voc, g
Eric Clapton : g, voc
George Harrison : g
Carl Radle : b
Jim Gordon : dr
Bobby Whitlock : org, kbd, voc
Billy Preston: el. piano
Jim Price : tr
Bobby Keys : ts
Rita Coolidge : voc

*George Harrison hides behind Delaney the whole time. Drummer Jim Gordon had a sad life (he played on Traffic's The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys and was a member of Derek and the Dominos).

Jim Gordon (musician) - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Gordon_(musician)
bearister
bearister
Cream live at Winterland, 1968:

Cal88

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.