Biden-Trump debate moderated by Jack Tapper

8,202 Views | 131 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by dajo9
Zippergate
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The debate is in three days. Will Jack Tapper pretend to be an impartial moderator?

Then there's his co-moderator, Dana Bash

Wondering when the debate moderated by Fox News reporters will be.
concordtom
I certainly hope Jake Tapper crushes Trump.
I've watched Tapper long enough to know how he believes Trump is a seriously bad threat to America, that he is a lying criminal who is a threat to democracy.

But his network has been trying to appeal the mass audience, and in doing so they provide tacit acceptance of the MAGA lies, and therefore forward them.

If Tapper lets Trump go, I'll be pissed.
I hope Tapper completely rails Trump. If the Christians really love him, let him be nailed to the cross - live on TV!
chazzed
The Supreme Court is in the shape it's in and you're worried about Jake Tapper? This is on-brand for RWNJs.
concordtom
chazzed said:

The Supreme Court is in the shape it's in and you're worried about Jake Tapper? This is on brand for RWNJs.

The thread was about Thursday's moderator Tapper.
If there's a SCOTUS thread I'll be glad to comment on them. Critically, too.
oski003
chazzed said:

The Supreme Court is in the shape it's in and you're worried about Jake Tapper? This is on-brand for RWNJs.

The presidential election is coming up, the first and likely only debate is happening this week, and you're dismissing critical commentary on it because you don't like the Supreme Court Justices? This is on brand for LWNJ's.
sycasey
Only debate? They've planned a second one.
chazzed
concordtom said:

chazzed said:

The Supreme Court is in the shape it's in and you're worried about Jake Tapper? This is on brand for RWNJs.

Sorry, I should have made it clear I was responding to the OP. You're definitely not a RWNJ.
concordtom
chazzed said:

concordtom said:

chazzed said:

Sorry, I should have made it clear I was responding to the OP. You're definitely not a RWNJ.

Oh.
I don't read that idiot's crap.
I only responded to the thread title.
I hope Tapper flays Trump.
But I've been disappointed in him last 6 months. He's turned soft, I think because he's been instructed to. So, I expect he'll play it as if Trump is a viable candidate - but he's not. He's a terrorist! A traitor! An insurrectionist!!! And we all know how traitors used to be dealt with.
chazzed
oski003 said:

chazzed said:

The presidential election is coming up, the first and likely only debate is happening this week, and you're dismissing critical commentary on it because you don't like the Supreme Court Justices? This is on brand for LWNJ's.
Don't like them? If Sonia Sotomayor had flown the American flag upside down after Trump won in 2016, I'm guessing you would have taken issue with it. If Elena Kagan accepts MILLIONS of dollars in gifts from people who have business before the Court, I have a sneaking suspicion that you would "not like her."

You're terrible at hiding your RWNJiness. Comical, really.
oski003
chazzed said:

oski003 said:

chazzed said:

Don't like them? If Sonia Sotomayor had flown the American flag upside down after Trump won in 2016, I'm guessing you would have taken issue with it. If Elena Kagan accepts MILLIONS of dollars in gifts from people who have business before the Court, I have a sneaking suspicion that you would "not like her."

You're terrible at hiding your RWNJiness. Comical, really.

The presidential election is coming up, the first and likely only debate is happening this week, and you're dismissing critical commentary on it because you have issues with the Supreme Court Justices? This is on brand for LWNJ's.
Big C

1. It's Jake Tapper, not Jack, but whatever.

2. The two sides negotiate who the moderator is. Mr. "Art of the Deal" agreed to it; nobody forced him. Maybe so he has somebody to blame if he has a poor showing? Prediction: He will attack "Jack" Tapper within the first ten minutes.
bear2034

Fake Tapper and his network can dish it but they can't take it. CNN is the original "Fake News".
bearister
CNN is so fake it recently wrote a check for $787,000,000 to settle a defamation action. Oh, I'm sorry, that was Fox News.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bear2034
bearister said:

CNN is so fake it recently wrote a check for $787,000,000 to settle a defamation action. Oh, I'm sorry, that was Fox News.

Do you think the Murdochs actually paid the amount in full after they fired their money maker, Tucker Carlson? Paul Ryan is on their board so he should he know except he likes to keep things secretive like the Steele Dossier that he had a copy of from the very beginning but didn't say anything about.
bear2034
140 Days Til No Joe said:

bear2034 said:

Fake Tapper and his network can dish it but they can't take it. CNN is the original "Fake News".

The numerous responses to Kasie's tweet are very entertaining.
bear2034
Zippergate said:

The debate is in three days. Will Jack Tapper pretend to be an impartial moderator?

Dana Bash's husband is Jeremy B. Bash. He was the chief of staff at the Central Intelligence Agency and the U.S. Department of Defense under President Barack Obama who told MSNBC with a straight face that the Hunter Biden laptop story "looked like Russian intelligence" and "walked like Russian intelligence."
bear2034

Mandatory DUI test - debating under the influence
Zippergate
Big C said:

1. It's Jake Tapper, not Jack, but whatever.

2. The two sides negotiate who the moderator is. Mr. "Art of the Deal" agreed to it; nobody forced him. Maybe so he has somebody to blame if he has a poor showing? Prediction: He will attack "Jack" Tapper within the first ten minutes.
Trump agreed to the conditions because it's obvious Biden would refuse to debate him unless the deck was stacked in his favor. How would you feel if the shoe were on the other foot, if the moderator were openly hostile to your candidate and feeding questions to the opposition so he could read from a teleprompter?

Might makes right, I guess. Just remember that if the tables are ever turned. Note that I have no desire for them to be, only that we have a fair playing field. Some people still believe in respecting the process, not just getting the result.
Zippergate
bearister said:

Surely, as a lawyer, you understand that this settlement does not prove that Dominion machines were not vulnerable or that they weren't hacked. It's certainly a strong point for that conclusion, but against that we have to weigh the expert testimony of multiple witnesses who have demonstrated under oath that the machines are vulnerable, not to mention multiple statements from your preferred politicians who have said the machines are vulnerable. None of this matters in the court of public opinion, but we are adults here and can acknowledge the truth, no?
bear2034

Dana Bash and Fake Tapper should recuse themselves as moderators from the debate. Bring back Don Lemon and Chris Cuomo instead. LOL.
bear2034
Biden campaign spokesman Adrienne Elrod says Joe Biden won't commit to taking a drug test before the debate.

Biden and his debate team are away at Camp David perfecting the cocktail.
bear2034
Big C

I think President Biden's going to be sky high for this evening's debate!
SFCityBear
Zippergate said:

In your dreams. Actually it might happen. Newsmax or Breitbart reporters - no way. Ever.
bear2034
SFCityBear said:

Zippergate said:

In your dreams. Actually it might happen. Newsmax or Breitbart reporters - no way. Ever.
The only way to hold a fair debate is for both sides to each pick a moderator.
Big C
bear2034 said:

SFCityBear said:

Zippergate said:

The only way to hold a fair debate is for both sides to each pick a moderator.

You just want to prove that Democrats are wimps! Because you know what would happen: the Dems would try and show that they're "reasonable"... and pick the closest person they could find to a 21st Century Walter Cronkite. Then the Republicans would laugh and choose somebody like Tucker Carlson or Laura Ingraham.

Nice try.
dajo9
SFCityBear said:

Zippergate said:

Hoo boy. Whole lot of lies you posted there. If MAGAts didn't lie about what other people said they wouldn't have anything.
"The rules were that you were not going to fact check"
MAGA
Big C

Well, I haven't heard from any "righteous righties" tonight, claiming that "Jack Tapper" and "Dinah Bash" made sure Biden won! Is this like when your side wins the election, you never seem to claim it was rigged? LOL!!!
BearGoggles
Big C said:

Well, I haven't heard from any "righteous righties" tonight, claiming that "Jack Tapper" and "Dinah Bash" made sure Biden won! Is this like when your side wins the election, you never seem to claim it was rigged? LOL!!!
That's your hot take from the debate? LMAO
Big C
^ It's one of them. Surely not in the Top Three though... probably not the Top Five.

Give me a break: I have a lot to process this evening. Trying to use humor to deflect. I sorta feel like in Cal Football, when it's Game 3 (or 4 or 5 or whatever) and it's time to come to the inevitable conclusion that, once again, we suck.
NVBear78
concordtom said:

I've watched Tapper long enough to know how he believes Trump is a seriously bad threat to America, that he is a lying criminal who is a threat to democracy.

But his network has been trying to appeal the mass audience, and in doing so they provide tacit acceptance of the MAGA lies, and therefore forward them.

I hope Tapper completely rails Trump. If the Christians really love him, let him be nailed to the cross - live on TV!

But CT what do you think about Tapper's documented lies enumerated above? Or do you still believe the 51 liar Intel folks about Hunter Bidens laptop?
bear2034
Biden reportedly ended his evening by telling his Atlanta supporters:

"Thank you, North Carolina!"
dajo9
NVBear78 said:

concordtom said:

But CT what do you think about Tapper's documented lies enumerated above? Or do you still believe the 51 liar Intel folks about Hunter Bidens laptop?

What was posted above are mostly lies - and not by Tapper
"The rules were that you were not going to fact check"
MAGA
concordtom
NVBear78 said:

concordtom said:

But CT what do you think about Tapper…

He didn't ask any questions that included the word Felon, did he.
concordtom
Morning Note to siblings, as we've been discussing how to care for Mom. Thought you'd be able to read my post debate comments, the most important of which I've bolded for you.

I'm reading the morning reviews after listening to the debate on the drive home last night.
I didn't watch, I listened.

Occasionally I would look down at my phone to see that Biden's face looked like a confused man, eyes squinting, mouth open slightly, and gazing at the floor like he was concentrating.

The reviews on him are brutal so far and some are asking him to step down. Of course, I've said I'd vote for a pickle before I accept Trump as President. Trump is evil at his core. He's a morally and ethically disturbed person who attracts other morally and ethically disturbed people. The history of the world tells us to fear morally and ethically disturbed people! They lead the dimwitted masses into apocalyptic marches.

Biden is merely incompetent, and there is a huge difference. Unfortunately, uneducated people don't recognize the hard earned lessons of history.

But that's not what this note is about. It's about Biden and Mom.

I've talked about my conversation with cousin Maryann and her mom's dementia, how our mom is on a similar pathway, however many years behind. We don't know at what pace the disease (or natural breakdown of the body/mind) will progress, but it's interesting to observe Biden over the years.

He performed on stage as a presidential and later vice-presidential candidate in 2008, as VP in 2012, as P candidate again in 2016 and 2020, and now 2024. And what we get to see is mental decline in this person over 16 years. It's somewhat rare because usually by this point the figure has departed the stage to save themselves the embarrassment.

Mom could out-debate Biden at this point, if she knew any policy issues. But if we took the long view of things and simply applied Biden's decline-rate to her… I mean, I'd put her at roughly Biden 2020 (content quality aside and simply considering ability to focus and speak on a topic). Maybe more like 2016, actually.

So, if Biden is 8 years beyond Mom on the dementia pathway, then we can expect her to be squinting, mouth open, and concentrating on the floor at age 88.

Hmmm. Maybe she actually is more like Biden 2020.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.