Biden-Trump debate moderated by Jack Tapper

8,247 Views | 131 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by dajo9
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big C said:

^ It's one of them. Surely not in the Top Three though... probably not the Top Five.

Give me a break: I have a lot to process this evening. Trying to use humor to deflect. I sorta feel like in Cal Football, when it's Game 3 (or 4 or 5 or whatever) and it's time to come to the inevitable conclusion that, once again, we suck.

Credit to you, you always bring a positive spirit to our board.
I read you properly!
DiabloWags

That was PAINFUL to watch.
Almost like watching someone scratch their fingernails across a chalkboard.

Sleepy Joe rose to the occasion in 2023 and again just 3 months ago for the State of the Union Address.

But all that went out the window last night. His halting, incongruent speech that literally (and often) trailed off into nothingness showed that he is well beyond his expiration date. Any slightest age-related concerns regarding his ability to do his job just got magnified by a billion last night. Compared to just 3 months ago, it's as if Joe has aged another 10-15 years.

But here's the thing . . .

Biden could have a superb track record as President.
But he's incapable of communicating it.

As a result, you have an ineffective candidate.

In fact, instead of "chatter" and detractors from the usual suspects and talking heads representing the opposing party (GOP), they are now actually coming from within the Democratic Party and Biden's stalwart friends at the NY Times.

You think young people are excited about voting Democrat in 2024?
Think again.

Even Dajo's most favorite liberal economist Paul Krugman wrote a piece entitled,
The Best President of My Adult Life Needs to Withdraw.

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
AunBear89
Poso (and presumably the rest of you Hypocrites, Liars, and Morons) has a real hard on for Jake.

It's weird, the crap you clowns focus on, while overlooking the rot and corruption and grift that runs rampant in the GOP. But you "free thinkers" will vote a straight Republican ticket, probably clueless to who the individuals are whose names precede the "R".
AunBear89
"Documented". Dummies shouldn't use big words they don't understand. Poso claiming something happened is not "documented". He's just repeating bullshyte, and like a good little MAGA you are gobbling it up like it is filet.
oski003
AunBear89 said:

"Documented". Dummies shouldn't use big words they don't understand. Poso claiming something happened is not "documented". He's just repeating bullshyte, and like a good little MAGA you are gobbling it up like it is filet.

Aren't you one of the cracker eaters who mocked folks for saying Biden was senile? Are you too angry or stupid to eat humble pie?
TheFiatLux
That was a pretty sad day in America to see the American presidency reduced to such a feeble spectacle. I doubt Joe Biden makes it to November as the nominee.

Of course, many (most) knew this all along, it was evident from the early days of the 20 campaign, but like with Covid, the official narrative steamrolled any true discussion. Just think in recent weeks all those stooge / liars who've been saying how incredible Biden is behind doors... It's like Adam Schift telling America duing the Russian Hoax hearing how if we could only hear what people were testifying to in the closed sessions... only to have those notes desclassified and see him and Pelosi and the rest were lying. It's right there, but some people dilligently pretend it's not.

Maybe this will slam the door on the insanity that's been happening. Maybe.
82gradDLSdad
oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

Aren't you one of the cracker eaters who mocked folks for saying Biden was senile? Are you too angry or stupid to eat humble pie?

It's similar to normally smart people trying to say Trump is not that bad in the face of a lifetime of cheating and lying. I had a neuropsychologist friend that I consulted with during my seizure recovery that assured me that Biden was of sound mind. Even very knowledgeable people can get bogged down in the political sewer.
sycasey
Our country has really been put in a bad place by old politicians hanging on longer than they should have.
oski003
sycasey said:

Our country has really been put in a bad place by old politicians hanging on longer than they should have.

You can blame the people who advocate for these old folks, many are here on BI.
tequila4kapp
I did not watch the debate because I felt like 99% of people have their minds made up, so the event was irrelevant. Turns out I was wrong about the relevancy.

After watching the post-debate chatter on CNN I decided to watch a replay. I made it about 30m. Honestly, I didn't think Biden was that bad. Maybe it got worse later on. Part of that perspective is I've seen the same thing from him during his presidency but the Trump haters and partisan MSM just pretended like it wasn't real. It has been there just about all along for all to see.

But here's the thing, Trump wasn't good. Biden's very sad mental decline is so pronounced that an opponent merely needed to stay upright and have the mental capacity to string together a few sentences to look good. Trump did that. His answers were not awe inspiring. He had no ability to articulate policy positions. He just repeated his generalized characterizations over and over ('greatest economy ever' blah, blah, blah).

It makes me legit sad that this is what our political process and institutions have come to.

Most people are still looking ahead to the election and whether or not Biden can rebound. But what about today? Biden is leading our nation. He is CLEARLY mentally incapable. For all the 25th Amendment talk during the Trump presidency it literally applies and needs to be used now, and that's an incredibly sad thing.
sycasey
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

You can blame the people who advocate for these old folks, many are here on BI.

I include Trump in the "too old" camp, so I don't think anyone here is absolved.
concordtom
oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

You shouldn't be crowing too much. Biden's age was never more on display than last night.
But wouldn't it be something if MAGAts get their wish of Biden stepping out only to find a younger person come in and kick Trump's ass?! Ha!
concordtom
sycasey said:

I think you are spot on but it's not just politicians, it's everywhere.

People don't like to turn things over and head to the pasture. It's akin to just laying down and dying, in our culture's minds.
oski003
concordtom said:

oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

You shouldn't be crowing too much. Biden's age was never more on display than last night.
But wouldn't it be something if MAGAts get their wish of Biden stepping out only to find a younger person come in and kick Trump's ass?! Ha!
That would be fine. I can then evaluate that candidate objectively.
calbear93
oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

A moderate Democrat who can inspire the country would be ideal and would put the MAGA and progressives politicians who have had overweighted voice in our politics in their rightful places.
tequila4kapp
calbear93 said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

A moderate Democrat who can inspire the country would be ideal and would put the MAGA and progressives politicians who have had overweighted voice in our politics in their rightful places.
How about just a moderate D - no age consideration - that projects normalcy and is likely to govern in a reasonably principled way, even if we don't agree with him on everything: Joe Manchin.
concordtom
calbear93 said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

A moderate Republican would accomplish the same thing, but most all of them have fallen behind Trumpism, in sickening fashion - most recently by Nikki Haley, who had attempted to campaign about how horrible Trump is.

One must ask, what anti-Trump Republican candidates remain?

Romney would be one, but he's stepping away. Jeff Flake left. Paul Ryan left… Chris Christie is the only guy I can think of.

I suppose… at least Democrats are asking the "replacement" question. GOP threw their hat in with a madman who gets compared to evil dictators of the past. I mean, Good Lord!
tequila4kapp
concordtom said:

calbear93 said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

A moderate Republican would accomplish the same thing, but most all of them have fallen behind Trumpism, in sickening fashion - most recently by Nikki Haley, who had attempted to campaign about how horrible Trump is.

One must ask, what anti-Trump Republican candidates remain?

Romney would be one, but he's stepping away. Jeff Flake left. Paul Ryan left… Chris Christie is the only guy I can think of.

I suppose… at least Democrats are asking the "replacement" question. GOP threw their hat in with a madman who gets compared to evil dictators of the past. I mean, Good Lord!
D's only asked the question when undeniable evidence was forced upon them in front of the world to see. They've been in denial about Biden in the name of defeating Trump forever. Numerous Rs have stood up and tried. Trump has defeated them at the polls. Resoundingly.
calbear93
tequila4kapp said:

calbear93 said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

How about just a moderate D - no age consideration - that projects normalcy and is likely to govern in a reasonably principled way, even if we don't agree with him on everything: Joe Manchin.
I don't find Joe Manchin to be very inspirational and unifying.

I think deep down, Newsom can be much more moderate than he has shown and is already a known entity. I would be for Newsom being the replacement candidate.
bearister
calbear93 said:

tequila4kapp said:

calbear93 said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

I think deep down, Newsom can be much more moderate than he has shown and is already a known entity. I would be for Newsom being the replacement candidate.

Unless I am misinterpreting things, doesn't the Supreme Court Chevron decision mean that Joe "Ole King Coal" Manchin will be swaggering through the landscape like King Kong in a three piece suit, spending the serious increase in his walkin' 'round money whorin' and party'in? He don't have time for no politicin' no more.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
calbear93
bearister said:

calbear93 said:

tequila4kapp said:

calbear93 said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

Unless I am misinterpreting things, doesn't the Supreme Court Chevron decision mean that Joe "Ole King Coal" Manchin will be swaggering through the landscape like King Kong in a three piece suit, spending the serious increase in his walkin' 'round money whorin' and party'in? He don't have time for no politicin' no more.

The Loper Bright Enterprises case and decision overturning the Chevron doctrine was to be expected after the Major Questions Doctrine overriding the Chevron doctrine noted in the West Virgina vs EPA holding. It was about time that the power creep on unelected agencies writing their own laws, enforcing those laws and adjudicating the interpretation of those laws had to be pulled in. It was pretty ridiculous that the courts, instead of executing their duties to interpret laws deferred to unelected agencies. This will be a seriously needed check on wanna-be dictators like Gensler and Khan.
dajo9
calbear93 said:

bearister said:

calbear93 said:

tequila4kapp said:

calbear93 said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

The Loper Bright Enterprises case and decision overturning the Chevron doctrine was to be expected after the Major Questions Doctrine overriding the Chevron doctrine noted in the West Virgina vs EPA holding. It was about time that the power creep on unelected agencies writing their own laws, enforcing those laws and adjudicating the interpretation of those laws had to be pulled in. It was pretty ridiculous that the courts, instead of executing their duties to interpret laws deferred to unelected agencies. This will be a seriously needed check on wanna-be dictators like Gensler and Khan.
Completely disagee. This is more court overreach. The agencies are part of the Executive and have oversight from Congress. This is a big win for corporate America whose regulatory environment is now ungovernable. The big losers here are Americans who value clean air, water, food, safe workplaces, safe products, etc.
"The rules were that you were not going to fact check"
MAGA
tequila4kapp
calbear93 said:

tequila4kapp said:

calbear93 said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

He isn't my favorite or first choice either. By definition that's kinda what we are left with when we eliminate folks either side might get excited by.
calbear93
dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

bearister said:

calbear93 said:

tequila4kapp said:

calbear93 said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

Completely disagee. This is more court overreach. The agencies are part of the Executive and have oversight from Congress. This is a big win for corporate America whose regulatory environment is now ungovernable. The big losers here are Americans who value clean air, water, food, safe workplaces, safe products, etc.
Interesting view on court overreach. Not sure how informed that viewpoint is. Before the Chevron case and under the Constitution, the judicial branch was always delegated with the power to interpret laws passed by the legislative branch. But you think overriding a case held in 1984 that deferred the courts judgment in interpreting ambiguity in the law to an agency is somehow court overreach. All that the case does is go back to the courts interpreting laws as specified in the constitution.
calbear93
tequila4kapp said:

calbear93 said:

tequila4kapp said:

calbear93 said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

He isn't my favorite or first choice either. By definition that's kinda what we are left with when we eliminate folks either side might get excited by.
This party is never going with a divisive figure within the party like Manchin. I would prefer Newsom. We need some more dynamic speakers and leaders.
dajo9
calbear93 said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

bearister said:

calbear93 said:

tequila4kapp said:

calbear93 said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

Interesting view on court overreach. Not sure how informed that viewpoint is. Before the Chevron case and under the Constitution, the judicial branch was always delegated with the power to interpret laws passed by the legislative branch. But you think overriding a case held in 1984 that deferred the courts judgment in interpreting ambiguity in the law to an agency is somehow court overreach. All that the case does is go back to the courts interpreting laws as specified in the constitution.
These are legitimate discussions. Shame that this kind of nuance is lost on the American people. We don't have serious discussions on policy anymore. We live in a stupid era.
MAGA
AunBear89
I mock morons who throw rocks in glass houses.
oski003
AunBear89 said:

I mock morons who throw rocks in glass houses.

Cool. I had El Pollo Loco for lunch.
dajo9
I have oski003 on block now. I made the mistake of opening this comment. My mistake.
MAGA
bear2034
calbear93 said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

A moderate Democrat these days is a unicorn and would be hated and outnumbered by the rest of the party members who have become radicalized.
Big C
concordtom said:

Big C said:

^ It's one of them. Surely not in the Top Three though... probably not the Top Five.

Give me a break: I have a lot to process this evening. Trying to use humor to deflect. I sorta feel like in Cal Football, when it's Game 3 (or 4 or 5 or whatever) and it's time to come to the inevitable conclusion that, once again, we suck.

Credit to you, you always bring a positive spirit to our board.
I read you properly!

concordtom, while I suppose you could be using voice recognition software to post today, i am going to instead assume you are not in a straight jacket somewhere... which gives inspiration to Democrats everywhere
bear2034
calbear93 said:

tequila4kapp said:

calbear93 said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

Newsom hasn't said anything to oppose the current radical regime. Would he have done the same things the current regime has done? There's no indication that he wouldn't.
DiabloWags
TheFiatLux said:

That was a pretty sad day in America to see the American presidency reduced to such a feeble spectacle. I doubt Joe Biden makes it to November as the nominee.

Of course, many (most) knew this all along, it was evident from the early days of the 20 campaign, but like with Covid, the official narrative steamrolled any true discussion. Just think in recent weeks all those stooge / liars who've been saying how incredible Biden is behind doors... It's like Adam Schift telling America duing the Russian Hoax hearing how if we could only hear what people were testifying to in the closed sessions... only to have those notes desclassified and see him and Pelosi and the rest were lying. It's right there, but some people dilligently pretend it's not.

Maybe this will slam the door on the insanity that's been happening. Maybe.

And you'll still vote for a pathological LIAR that doesn't give a crap about anyone but himself.
Integrity doesn't matter to you.

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
Big C
bear2034 said:

calbear93 said:

tequila4kapp said:

calbear93 said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

Newsom hasn't said anything to oppose the current radical regime. Would he have done the same things the current regime has done? There's no indication that he wouldn't.

Do you have a list, in your own words, of the "things" that this "radical regime" has done? Because maybe they are there, in plain sight, but I have missed them.

One side is telling me that this is a radical, leftist regime and the other side is telling me that there is little difference between the two parties.
bear2034
Big C said:

Do you have a list, in your own words, of the "things" that this "radical regime" has done? Because maybe they are there, in plain sight, but I have missed them.

One side is telling me that this is a radical, leftist regime and the other side is telling me that there is little difference between the two parties.

There are big differences between the presidential candidates and their appointed Supreme Court Justices. When people say there is little difference between the two parties, I believe they are referring mainly to Congress where MAGA currently doesn't have a large representation among the Republicans.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.