Trump has been shot

57,621 Views | 1096 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by tequila4kapp
bear2034
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SBGold said:

It just reminds me that there are stupid people on X, and thankfully I have never had an X or Twitter account
Have you figured out how to post a link yet?
okaydo
bear2034 said:

okaydo said:

Paul Pelosi isn't a political leader and if he was, hammers aren't usually the weapon of choice for assassins unless you're playing the Clue boardgame?

So if somebody were to break into Donald Trump's home when he isn't there and hit Melania over the head with a hammer, that wouldn't count as political violence?
dajo9
BearGoggles said:

Cal88 said:

Please stop posting this inane crap from nonsense sources. Your algorithm is remarkably consistent at producing this unsubstantiated crap and you just lap it up and repost it here as a constant stream of diarrhea.

To be clear, current reports are there is one shooter and another victim in the crowd. Contrary to your antifa post, there is no credible evidence as to who the shooter is or what his motivation might have been. And I say that as someone who is about as anti- antifa as you can be.

Cal88 has been posting Russian propaganda here for years. One of the known goals of Russian propaganda efforts is to simply increase the divide between Americans. It is no surprise that Cal88 would come out after the assassination attempt spewing the most volatile, divisive misinformation.

Nobody should ever listen to Cal88. On any topic. At any time.
"The rules were that you were not going to fact check"
MAGA
bear2034
okaydo said:

bear2034 said:

okaydo said:

Paul Pelosi isn't a political leader and if he was, hammers aren't usually the weapon of choice for assassins unless you're playing the Clue boardgame?

So if somebody were to break into Donald Trump's home when he isn't there and hit Melania over the head with a hammer, that wouldn't count as political violence?

Somebody with a hammer? Like Paul Pelosi's lover?
dajo9
bear2034 said:

okaydo said:

bear2034 said:

okaydo said:

Somebody with a hammer? Like Paul Pelosi's lover?

There it is. MAGAts want license to normalize violence against their political opponents. The two sides are not equal. MAGA and the violence they push on us needs to be defeated in November. End the chaos.
MAGA
82gradDLSdad
bear2034 said:

The shooter was visible to others on the ground. Again, something doesn't add up.

I couldn't have been the only one who wondered how the SS wouldn't have secured that rooftop with the clear sideline to Trump BEFORE the event. But watching the lady SS agent fumble repeatedly holstering her weapon while shielding Trump narrowed the reasons. They are either incompetent or complicit.
concordtom
okaydo said:

bear2034 said:

okaydo said:

Someone somewhere (in Moscow) is thinking this, and since you like all things Hollywood:

It's good to see you expressing yourself on OT. Mostly you drop us little nuggets and then leave.
bearister
Trump gunman is 20-year-old registered Republican who donated to Biden

https://mol.im/a/13632783
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
dajo9
82gradDLSdad said:

bear2034 said:

The shooter was visible to others on the ground. Again, something doesn't add up.

I couldn't have been the only one who wondered how the SS wouldn't have secured that rooftop with the clear sideline to Trump BEFORE the event. But watching the lady SS agent fumble repeatedly holstering her weapon while shielding Trump narrowed the reasons. They are either incompetent or complicit.
Yes, of course the secret service is corrupt and incompetent. After January 6 they illegally deleted all their text messages. Shortly after Biden became President, they had to rearrange his secret service detail because some of his detail were not considered trustworthy to safeguard the President of the United States.

I think we have bipartisan support to completely dismantle the secret service and rebuild it. All those who broke the law should be prosecuted. Do we agree?
MAGA
aweissburg
No. He's a 20 year old registered Republican who donated 15 bucks to a progressive PAC in 2021 (when he was 17) two weeks after Jan 6.

Come on people. This is not a grand conspiracy. This is a 20 year old nut case who thought he could do something that was unconscionable.

For those of you who want to suggest Trump brought this on, there is plenty of hate speech on the left. For those of you claiming that that this is a left wing conspiracy, aimed at an innocent politician who has done nothing, remember he's the guy who mocked Pelosi.

We are living in a society where we don't talk and we have normalized hate speech and gun violence. It isn't ok. Not on the right. Not on the left. We deserve better and we should act better.

I don't expect this event or this rant will change any of you. But I'm just so sick of us tearing each other down.
PiLam 86, #not4years
concordtom
82gradDLSdad said:

Dark humor for Big C:

Spin: it's the fault of DEI.
First they wanted women to be on the Security team. Next they were going to recruit people from all sides of political spectrum to protect Trump, which invariably would lead to staff that would just do the job themselves when nobody was looking.
82gradDLSdad
dajo9 said:

82gradDLSdad said:

bear2034 said:

Yes, of course the secret service is corrupt and incompetent. After January 6 they illegally deleted all their text messages. Shortly after Biden became President, they had to rearrange his secret service detail because some of his detail were not considered trustworthy to safeguard the President of the United States.

I think we have bipartisan support to completely dismantle the secret service and rebuild it. All those who broke the law should be prosecuted. Do we agree?

Maybe. A few Republican candidates have talked about dismantling many parts of the bloated, dysfunctional government. In general I agree. Specifically there is no way I know enough to know what exactly needs to be done. And this is why I'm on the Internet throwing out random comments. It's weak sauce, I know.
dajo9
You should edit this. Though this article says he donated to President Biden, I've seen no other reporting that says such a thing. You should probably refrain from using an untrustworthy tabloid rag like DailyMail. If other reporting comes out and says the shooter donated to President Biden - then fine. But DailyMail posts lies all the times so either way, best not to link their garbage.
MAGA
oski003
dajo9 said:

You should edit this. The article does not say he donated to President Biden.

It is in the article's headline. The body of the article says he donated to Act Blue.

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/du4biden

Maybe you can use the link to donate to the "best president of your lifetime?"
dajo9
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

It is in the article's headline. The body of the article says he donated to Act Blue.

ActBlue is not President Biden.

I shouldn't have to waste my time explaining facts like that.
MAGA
oski003
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

I shouldn't have to waste my time explaining facts like that

This is the article's headline

"Revealed: Donald Trump shooter is a 20-year-old registered Republican who donated to Biden - as his father says he is trying to work out 'what the hell is going on."

I shouldn't have to waste my time cutting and pasting because you can't read.
dajo9
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

"Revealed: Donald Trump shooter is a 20-year-old registered Republican who donated to Biden - as his father says he is trying to work out 'what the hell is going on."

Fair enough. I'll revise my message to bearister. I read the below portion from the article which is consistent with all other reporting I've seen. Looks like a typical DailyMail case of a writer sending in something truthful and then an editor putting lies on top of it for maximum political gain. Time will tell.

Quote:

State voter records show Crooks was a registered Republican. According to US media, when he was aged 17 he donated $15 to the liberal ActBlue political action committee on January 20, 2021 - Biden's Inauguration Day.
My new post to bearister:

Quote:

You should edit this. Though this article says he donated to President Biden, I've seen no other reporting that says such a thing. You should probably refrain from using an untrustworthy tabloid rag like DailyMail. If other reporting comes out and says the shooter donated to President Biden - then fine. But DailyMail posts lies all the times so either way, best not to link their garbage.
MAGA
oski003
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

Fair enough. I'll revise my message to bearister. I read the below portion from the article which is consistent with all other reporting I've seen. Looks like a typical DailyMail case of a writer sending in something truthful and then an editor putting lies on top of it for maximum political gain. Time will tell.

Quote:

State voter records show Crooks was a registered Republican. According to US media, when he was aged 17 he donated $15 to the liberal ActBlue political action committee on January 20, 2021 - Biden's Inauguration Day.

Quote:

Another article says he made the donation to

"ActBlue, a political action committee that raises money for left-leaning and Democratic politicians, according to a 2021 Federal Election Commission filing. The donation was earmarked for the Progressive Turnout Project, a national group that rallies Democrats to vote."
tequila4kapp
There are some peculiar things that need investigation and explanation. To wit, why a roof with a direct line of site wasn't secured, why LEO didn't respond appropriately when spectators informed them a person with a rifle was on the roof, the shooter's motive and affiliations, and how the shooter had the skill (or luck) to make that shot. All of that could be nefarious stuff or it could be a confluence of systemic breakdowns and dumb luck. Let's let it play out a bit.
dajo9
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

Quote:

Quote:

"ActBlue, a political action committee that raises money for left-leaning and Democratic politicians, according to a 2021 Federal Election Commission filing. The donation was earmarked for the Progressive Turnout Project, a national group that rallies Democrats to vote."

Yes, that's my point.

Every article except the lying right wing tabloid rag Daily Mail says that. Even the Daily Mail article says that but some editor decided to add some lies.
MAGA
oski003
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, that's my point.

Every article except the lying right wing tabloid rag Daily Mail says that. Even the Daily Mail article says that but some editor decided to add some lies.

Do you have wet dreams about Biden?
concordtom
82gradDLSdad said:

dajo9 said:

82gradDLSdad said:

bear2034 said:

Maybe. A few Republican candidates have talked about dismantling many parts of the bloated, dysfunctional government. In general I agree. Specifically there is no way I know enough to know what exactly needs to be done. And this is why I'm on the Internet throwing out random comments. It's weak sauce, I know.

I respect someone who willingly submits that we are just throwing out opinions or comments from the barstool, or the pool deck if you don't like the alcohol reference.

Sometimes folks here blast others for spitting, but so long as it's not irresponsible, that's fine.

Having said that, I've blocked regular irresponsible posters.
concordtom
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

Looks like Bearister added to an improved understanding.
concordtom
I love this headline on Yahoo:

"FBI seeks motive for shooter who injured Trump in assassination attempt."
graguna
tequila4kapp said:

There are some peculiar things that need investigation and explanation. To wit, why a roof with a direct line of site wasn't secured, why LEO didn't respond appropriately when spectators informed them a person with a rifle was on the roof, the shooter's motive and affiliations, and how the shooter had the skill (or luck) to make that shot. All of that could be nefarious stuff or it could be a confluence of systemic breakdowns and dumb luck. Let's let it play out a bit.
there's only one explaination. it was obviously an act of god. Do you think god approves of sexual assault? do you think god is happy that millions of his followers compare a rapist to his son.
I dont believe in god but if there is one, its certainly not a rape apologist as are so many of trumps so called christian followers.

MinotStateBeav
Generally speaking Americans don't speak to each other like they do online because there are consequences to say something like that face to face. Most americans just want to live a middle class life, take care of their family and be able to afford a vacation every so often. Trump isn't a threat to democracy, or hitler. Biden didn't call for the assassination of Trump. Jan 6 was a terrible riot, Trump didn't want a riot. Some people on J6 did some really bad things, some were just there and got jailed for years. Trump isn't going to end NATO, but does expect the participating countries to cover their slice of the pie. Trump is a jerk, Trump is a businessman. The country didn't end when Trump was president. The Country didn't end with Biden having almost no border lol. The things we argue about mostly is policy and most americans are rational, it's only when you get online is when you lose the filter and treat your fellow countrymen with complete disrespect, that's something people online will have to regulate themselves or you're going to have a country more fractured than it should be. You have to decide if that's the country you want to live in.

Some politicians need to tone down their rhetoric because I think everyone recognizes their filter has been taken off, imho since the inception of cable news but it's gotten progressively worse and worse. The media has a role to play as well by not being so one sided and calling out the dangerous rhetoric instead of participating in it.
dajo9
"Part of the problem. . . is nobody wants to hurt each other anymore"
Donald Trump
March 11, 2016
MAGA
blungld
BearGoggles said:

okaydo said:

BearGoggles said:

When a political party says that a person is an existential threat to democracy, a threat to the country, worse than Hitler/nazis, etc. you are giving the green light for people to do "anything" to stop them. This is not at all surprising.

I get your sentiment, but this isn't the time to criticize Trump and fellow Republicans for their past comments about Obama.
Cool story - I'm sure you think you're clever. Except this board is replete with people who have made exactly those types of claims about Trump.

For you to have the tiniest sliver of credibility you would need a history of denouncing Trump's rhetoric. But you are an idiot. And have a one-sided completely biased and hypocritical view of reality. You only take your righteous stances when it is applied to Democrats. How about you act with outrage against ALL inflammatory language?
aweissburg
+1 milllion
PiLam 86, #not4years
dajo9
"We are all domestic terrorists"
CPAC digital stage sign
MAGA
MinotStateBeav
dajo9 said:

CPAC digital stage sign

Good lord do you even look at context? The reason they put that was because the FBI was labeling MAGA as extremists. It's a slogan that leaned into the FBI's rhetoric/policy.
dajo9
MinotStateBeav said:

dajo9 said:

CPAC digital stage sign

Good lord do you even look at context? The reason they put that was because the FBI was labeling MAGA as extremists. It's a slogan that leaned into the FBI's rhetoric/policy.

This is why your words above ring so hollow
MAGA
dimitrig
tequila4kapp said:

As we see in most of these shootings, many of the original facts that come out are just plain wrong.

The media should just shut the hell up until they are able to do some fact checking.

oski003
MinotStateBeav said:

dajo9 said:

CPAC digital stage sign

+1000
82gradDLSdad
blungld said:

BearGoggles said:

okaydo said:

BearGoggles said:

When a political party says that a person is an existential threat to democracy, a threat to the country, worse than Hitler/nazis, etc. you are giving the green light for people to do "anything" to stop them. This is not at all surprising.

I get your sentiment, but this isn't the time to criticize Trump and fellow Republicans for their past comments about Obama.
Cool story - I'm sure you think you're clever. Except this board is replete with people who have made exactly those types of claims about Trump.

For you to have the tiniest sliver of credibility you would need a history of denouncing Trump's rhetoric. But you are an idiot. And have a one-sided completely biased and hypocritical view of reality. You only take your righteous stances when it is applied to Democrats. How about you act with outrage against ALL inflammatory language?

All inflammatory language matters. I agree and I think it, and other sayings like it, would make a great slogan.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.