Off Topic
Sponsored by

The OT Feels Good Thread

17,497 Views | 158 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by concordtom
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
smh said:

> dajo9 said:

Earlier this year I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. I had surgery and I am now cancer free. A few weeks ago I left my job and "semi-retired". Spent the last two weeks visiting family in CA and looking for a multi-family investment. Was a great two weeks and is great to no longer be on the corporate grind after over 3 decades.

Congrats dajo, and good luck keeping ahead of Death to the extent possible. rather than surgery i opted for 6 weeks of 5 times a week half hour radiation blast therapy, which painlessly did the trick, ummmmm, so far.
with abundent thanks to Oski for Medicare /* under threat with big cuts by the mad president */
words to live by -> sooner or later for the better or worse, and it's true, we all die.


I'm glad you are still posting here.
Censorship has always been a tool of the fascist
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dajo9 said:

DiabloWags said:

dajo9 said:

Earlier this year I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. I had surgery and I am now cancer free. A few weeks ago I left my job and "semi-retired". Spent the last two weeks visiting family in CA and looking for a multi-family investment. Was a great two weeks and is great to no longer be on the corporate grind after over 3 decades.


Congrats on your Retirement!

I have a fellow Cal alum friend whose prostate was like 3 times normal.
He went through a lot of surgery and brachytherapy, the implanting of small radioactive seeds.
Caused bleeding, which led him to have to make 40 appointments down in the South Bay for hyperbaric chamber sessions.

He's finally done with this ordeal.



My good fortune so far is due to annual bloodwork with a PSA test. When that number started creeping up I went to a urologist for further testing. They were able to remove the prostate while the cancer was still contained. I never experienced any cancer symptoms.


Good job being proactive with your Healthcare.
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

dajo9 said:

DiabloWags said:

dajo9 said:

Earlier this year I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. I had surgery and I am now cancer free. A few weeks ago I left my job and "semi-retired". Spent the last two weeks visiting family in CA and looking for a multi-family investment. Was a great two weeks and is great to no longer be on the corporate grind after over 3 decades.


Congrats on your Retirement!

I have a fellow Cal alum friend whose prostate was like 3 times normal.
He went through a lot of surgery and brachytherapy, the implanting of small radioactive seeds.
Caused bleeding, which led him to have to make 40 appointments down in the South Bay for hyperbaric chamber sessions.

He's finally done with this ordeal.



My good fortune so far is due to annual bloodwork with a PSA test. When that number started creeping up I went to a urologist for further testing. They were able to remove the prostate while the cancer was still contained. I never experienced any cancer symptoms.


Good job being proactive with your Healthcare.



Prostate cancer runs in the family but the test is so easy any guy should start doing it in their 40s.
Censorship has always been a tool of the fascist
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dajo9 said:

DiabloWags said:

dajo9 said:

DiabloWags said:

dajo9 said:

Earlier this year I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. I had surgery and I am now cancer free. A few weeks ago I left my job and "semi-retired". Spent the last two weeks visiting family in CA and looking for a multi-family investment. Was a great two weeks and is great to no longer be on the corporate grind after over 3 decades.


Congrats on your Retirement!

I have a fellow Cal alum friend whose prostate was like 3 times normal.
He went through a lot of surgery and brachytherapy, the implanting of small radioactive seeds.
Caused bleeding, which led him to have to make 40 appointments down in the South Bay for hyperbaric chamber sessions.

He's finally done with this ordeal.



My good fortune so far is due to annual bloodwork with a PSA test. When that number started creeping up I went to a urologist for further testing. They were able to remove the prostate while the cancer was still contained. I never experienced any cancer symptoms.


Good job being proactive with your Healthcare.



Prostate cancer runs in the family but the test is so easy any guy should start doing it in their 40s.


Yes, I get the PSA test done every year with my annual blood work.
Was always around 1.1 for years but recently popped up to 2.3 at age 66.
Am keeping an eye on it.

For heart disease, I would also suggest being proactive with the following diagnostic tests:

An echo stress test, a calcium CT test (super easy takes 2 minutes) and a more specific test for your LDL cholesterol called Apolipoprotein B (Apo B)
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

dajo9 said:

DiabloWags said:

dajo9 said:

DiabloWags said:

dajo9 said:

Earlier this year I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. I had surgery and I am now cancer free. A few weeks ago I left my job and "semi-retired". Spent the last two weeks visiting family in CA and looking for a multi-family investment. Was a great two weeks and is great to no longer be on the corporate grind after over 3 decades.


Congrats on your Retirement!

I have a fellow Cal alum friend whose prostate was like 3 times normal.
He went through a lot of surgery and brachytherapy, the implanting of small radioactive seeds.
Caused bleeding, which led him to have to make 40 appointments down in the South Bay for hyperbaric chamber sessions.

He's finally done with this ordeal.



My good fortune so far is due to annual bloodwork with a PSA test. When that number started creeping up I went to a urologist for further testing. They were able to remove the prostate while the cancer was still contained. I never experienced any cancer symptoms.


Good job being proactive with your Healthcare.



Prostate cancer runs in the family but the test is so easy any guy should start doing it in their 40s.


Yes, I get the PSA test done every year with my annual blood work.
Was always around 1.1 for years but recently popped up to 2.3 at age 66.
Am keeping an eye on it.

For heart disease, I would also suggest being proactive with the following diagnostic tests:

An echo stress test, a calcium CT test (super easy takes 2 minutes) and a more specific test for your LDL cholesterol called Apolipoprotein B (Apo B)


I took the calcium test when my cholesterol went up. Was fine. I'll ask my wife about the other tests - she is a physician and has helped me navigate all this.

If your PSA continues to go up, I'd recommend you go see a urologist even if it is below 4 (the common score for eleveated levels). My PSA went from 2-something to 3.9 and I did nothing. The next year it went to 4.2 and I saw the urologist. No doubt I had cancer when it jumped up to 3.9. Even at 4.2 my primary care physician said it was a small increase so we'll just continue to monitor. It was my wife who told me to go to a urologist.
Censorship has always been a tool of the fascist
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks, will do.

My brother's PSA test did a moonshot to 12 at one point last year.
It appears that it can be impacted if you come down with Covid, which is what happened to him.
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dajo9 said:

I took the calcium test when my cholesterol went up. Was fine. I'll ask my wife about the other tests - she is a physician and has helped me navigate all this.




This is one of the other tests I recommend.
Anarchistbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

dajo9 said:

I took the calcium test when my cholesterol went up. Was fine. I'll ask my wife about the other tests - she is a physician and has helped me navigate all this.






Flagged
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anarchistbear said:

DiabloWags said:

dajo9 said:

I took the calcium test when my cholesterol went up. Was fine. I'll ask my wife about the other tests - she is a physician and has helped me navigate all this.






Flagged


Note edit on original post.
Thanks.
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They were really ahead of their time, weren't they?!


DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
U.S. News & World Report came out with their College Rankings today and my alma-mater is RANKED #1 for PUBLIC UNIVERSITIES.

GO BEARS!









University of California, Berkeley (UC Berkeley) - Profile, Rankings and Data | US News Best Colleges

2027 Best Colleges: Find The Best School For You

It's a CULT.

DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So much WINNING today!

Time for my favorite brew.


It's a CULT.

concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?


concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The joys of parenthood!!!



It lasts a lifetime.
Cal88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Young Ukrainian plans his escape from his country with his buddy for months, manages to cross the border into safety. If he were spotted by Zelensky's border patrol, he could have been shot for trying to leave his country, DDR style:

SBGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This feels good.

Reich, he's one of our own and he's brilliant

Vote blue and Vote Talarico
"I Abide by Old and New Rules, and I Never Personally Attack. Gambling is illegal at Bushwood, sir, and I never slice."
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It Feels Good to have you back!
Woohoo.

But please make note of the following requested thread rule at Post #1:

Quote:


What happened good in your life today?

The rules of this thread is that you cannot go negative, you cannot mock or use sarcasm to insult anyone.
No politics.
Keep it personal.
Aunburdened
How long do you want to ignore this user?
concordtom said:

It Feels Good to have you back!
Woohoo.

But please make note of the following requested thread rule at Post #1:

SBG is a rules for thee, not for me kinda poster
Aun "unburdened by what has been" Bear is the OG legend
- DaddyLegend 9/6/2026
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No. He's good.
He just forgot here.
No problem!!!
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.