Off Topic
Sponsored by

The Official BI Thread for All Things Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool

4,455 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by SBGold
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did Trump's motorcade drive through newly painted reflecting pool? | Snopes.com https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-motorcade-reflecting-pool/




“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?



Slit Theme Song

“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
BearlySane88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good thing they have Jim covering this. He deserves stories of this low quality.
Dwight Way
How long do you want to ignore this user?



A company that worked on previous renovations at the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool turned down a request to supply its products for the makeover demanded by Donald Trump because it deemed the project "unfeasible."

New Jersey-based Sika USA, which provided concrete construction and sealing products for the 2012 renovations commissioned by the Obama administration, was approached in March by the Trump administration about its plans to resurface the pool and repaint it "American Flag Blue."

The company declined the offer because it believed completing the project by July 4 was not possible. It also warned that painting the pool's bottom blue would create additional problems, two Sika employees told CNN.

Instead, the contract went to Rhino Linings, a company primarily known for truck bed liners. Since then, Trump's pool renovation project has been plagued by green algae and blue paint chips breaking off the bottom and floating to the surface.

Firm Declined Trump Reflecting Pool Project Over Feasibility Concerns
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearlySane88 said:

Good thing they have Jim covering this. He deserves stories of this low quality.

At least it is more accurate than any story aired in the history of Fox News.
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
Dwight Way
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

BearlySane88 said:

Good thing they have Jim covering this. He deserves stories of this low quality.

At least it is more accurate than any story aired in the history of Fox News.


You can say that again.
Jesse Waters is a tool who caters to the low IQ crowd.

"The Department of Interior gave us a look at individuals suspected of vandalizing the reflecting pool. Now we haven't been able to verify the video, but take a look."



Fox News' Jesse Watters airs footage of alleged vandal who 'slashed' Reflecting Pool

bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I wonder if this would work:

Chevron Industrial Membrane" most commonly refers to C.I.M. Industries (formerly associated with Chevron's early urethane technology), which is a Chase Corporation brand. They manufacture high-performance, cold, liquid-applied polyurethane waterproofing membranes and protective coatings used for industrial containment, wastewater, and potable water.
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
BearlySane88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dwight Way said:

bearister said:

BearlySane88 said:

Good thing they have Jim covering this. He deserves stories of this low quality.

At least it is more accurate than any story aired in the history of Fox News.



Jim Acosta is a tool who caters to the low IQ crowd.




FIFY
BearlySane88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

BearlySane88 said:

Good thing they have Jim covering this. He deserves stories of this low quality.

At least it is more accurate than any story aired in the history of Fox News.


This was pretty accurate.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-wins-presidency-defeats-clinton-in-historic-election-upset.amp
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

Did Trump's motorcade drive through newly painted reflecting pool?

huh, thanks for the reminder B, dint notice that before..
Free GOLDY now/forever
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?

This is the one true recipe for a Reflecting Pool: 2oz rum, 4oz pineapple juice, 1oz blue curacao, one Blue Razzberry Fruit Roll-Up
Kriston Capps
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearlySane88 said:

Dwight Way said:

bearister said:

BearlySane88 said:

Good thing they have Jim covering this. He deserves stories of this low quality.

At least it is more accurate than any story aired in the history of Fox News.



Jim Acosta is a tool who caters to the low IQ crowd.




Ok, I admit it, every post I have ever made is wrong.


It ain't cool to edit other people's posts like you did to Dwight Way.
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
BearlySane88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

BearlySane88 said:

Dwight Way said:

bearister said:

BearlySane88 said:

Good thing they have Jim covering this. He deserves stories of this low quality.

At least it is more accurate than any story aired in the history of Fox News.



Jim Acosta is a tool who caters to the low IQ crowd.




Ok, I admit it, every post I have ever made is right.


It's cool to edit other people's posts like you did to Dwight Way.


FIFY (fixed it for you)

movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sucker fish?
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
movielover said:

Sucker fish?

nope, allergic.
Free GOLDY now/forever
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Investigative reporting reveals that the Trump administration ordered a contractor to turn off and remove "nanobubbler" algae-control devices from the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool. These devices were temporarily removed for 36 hours on June 12, 2026, so the water would appear clearer for a promotional and UFC event on the National Mall celebrating Donald Trump's 80th birthday. When the systems were turned off, a massive algae bloom quickly grew and turned the water green.
https://www.nytimes.com/2026/06/26/us/politics/reflecting-pool-trump-algae.html
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
See there you have it.
They turned off the nanobubbler!

SABOTAGE.

bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Control of the nanobubblers is how the fight for democracy will be won
Censorship has always been a tool of the fascist
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dajo9 said:

Control of the nanobubblers is how the fight for democracy will be won




A Greenwater Services worker inside the Reflecting Pool pump house working the nanobubble technology system. - Greenwater Services

This is state of the art stuff folks!

Company trying to clean Reflecting Pool is thrust into political storm, hires crisis communications firm


DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
King Chump now says:





Trump stoops to a new low with latest reflecting pool claim and it's wild
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Source: AP News Crews are draining the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool again as part of Trump's troubled revamp https://share.google/cu68hTj9iR27Ma0e5

“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Crews are again draining Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool | AP News https://apnews.com/article/reflecting-pool-drained-trump-repairs-d3ee1129c0d65083114f2c059f4b5c80




“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
SBGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.thedailybeast.com/humiliated-trump-makes-bonkers-claim-about-reflecting-pool-damage/

Bonkers claims, really no damage tied to vandals. This was another DJT created fail.

VOTE BLUE AND FREE WAGS
SBGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Case seems to be collapsing, happy for the Olympian to clear his name. Thank you David for representing our country at the highest level!


bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DOJ dropping Reflecting Pool vandalism case against Olympian David Hearn, citing 'flawed' work by contractor - ABC News https://abcnews.com/Politics/doj-moves-dismiss-reflecting-pool-case-olympian-citing/story?id=135274977

"The Justice Department moved to dismiss the criminal case against Olympian David Hearn, who they alleged damaged the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting pool, acknowledging the damage to the pool "was the result of flawed installation by the contractor."

Hearn pleaded not guilty to a felony destruction of property charge earlier this month after the U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia Jeanine Pirro accused him of allegedly "forcefully and violently" ripping up parts of the pool floor.

Pirro's office said in a filing Friday seeking to drop the case that it only learned of evidence pointing to "a rushed and flawed installation process" after Hearn had been indicted by a grand jury.….







*This is just the first of many high profile DOJ vindictive prosecution cases that will crash and burn on the runway.
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
chazzed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm shocked that the Trump administration wasted everybody's time and money with performative nonsense. I'm also surprised that Pirro didn't hesitate to take up the joke of a cause.
SBGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lol, what a solid group of losers

VOTE BLUE and FREE WAGS
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Reflecting Pool presents a good summary of the nature of the Trump Administration

- Corrupt contract with a friend of Trump
- Short term propaganda surge of how good Trump is
- Immediate failure of project after the propaganda boost
- Lies about why the project failed
- Vindictive prosecution against an American who exposed the failure and false blaming of the failure on this American
- Total collapse of the vindictive prosecution
- Exposure of the American taxpayer for a lawsuit
- MAGA who boosted the original propaganda now trying to ridicule people who talk about the issue and begging them to stop

And this scandal, that the media would probably drag down a Democratic Presidency over, ranks about #1000 in terms of Trump scandals
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
….but, but, but, he is really street smart and savvy so he couldn't have had anything to do with that series of step on his dick decisions.


The Reflecting Pool is seen from the Washington Monument on July 30. Photo: Kevin Carter/Getty Images*

*Boy, Trump was right, that is one big hunkin' box cutter caused tear right down the center.
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
SBGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not for nothing, but are those pieces of the pool for sale anywhere? Would love one for my Presidential memorabilia collection
chazzed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He's throwing Pirro under the bus, to the surprise of not one person with a brain.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/politics/articles/trump-disputes-own-justice-departments-173550898.html
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
chazzed said:

He's throwing Pirro under the bus, to the surprise of not one person with a brain.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/politics/articles/trump-disputes-own-justice-departments-173550898.html


"I disagree 100% with Jeanine Pirro, the U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia, on the Reflecting Pool," Trump wrote in a post on his Truth Social platform. "I don't know what she was thinking? To me, it was a pure case of VANDALISM."

It is interesting that unlike Todd Blanche, there is a line Pirro won't cross to please the Mad King.
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
SBGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Now it's a straight scandal, not just a debacle anymore. This clown cannot handle a pool cleaning, think about that.

https://www.ms.now/rachel-maddow-show/maddowblog/trump-reflecting-pool-pirro-hearn-interior

VOTE BLUE and Free Wags
Page 1 of 2 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.