The Official Royal Wedding Thread (Because a lot of BI posters are gonna watch!)

911 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearister
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just kidding.

I'm probably the only one.

Coverage begins at 1 am PT. It'll be carried live (before and during) on NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox News, CNN, MSNBC....

And the actual wedding ceremony begins at 4 am PT (yup, another excuse for y'all not to watch).

Anyways, I am interested because it's a global communal event that people will be watching simultaneously around the world.

Also, I'm interested personally because Meghan Markle partly grew up in Hollywood...her dad worked on the set of Married with Children*. And she spent a lot of time after school hanging on the Married with Children set. So it's interesting to see somebody not far in age from me who spent a lot of time nearby me become a royal.

(*Random fact: Married with Children was filmed at Hollywood's Sunset-Gower Studios, which is currently the headquarters for Bill Simmons' The Ringer.)

The last Royal wedding was fun to watch, and also came during one of the most memorable few days in history.

Let's recap:

Wednesday, April 27, 2011: President Obama releases his birth certificate thanks to the constant badgering from Trump.

Thursday, April 28, 2011: Cam Newton is drafted No. 1, Von Miller is drafted No. 2 in the NFL draft. They would later face off in a Super Bowl, with one winning MVP. The first round also included Cameron Jordan, JJ Watt and Sam Ponder's husband.

Friday, April 29, 2011: Prince William marries Kate Middleton in a ceremony that is broadcast around the world. (Also, the 49ers drafted Colin Kaepernick on this day.)

Saturday, April 30, 2011: Donald Trump attends the White House Correspondents Dinner. Comedian Seth Meyers makes it a point to mock him relentlessly. Then President Obama proceeds to also mock him, even showed the image below. Obama basically said, as I recall, that Trump would never be president. That night is said to be a turning point in Trump's life. He wanted revenge! (Even though Obama was getting revenge!)

Sunday, May 1, 2011: President Obama breaks into TV programming at night to announce that Osama Bin Laden has been killed.

concordtom
Okaydo.
I'd watch if it was at a daytime hour. But I'm not missing a night of sleep for that! Not when I can watch the highlights, or replay via DVR or YouTube or various news channels on my Roku stick.

Let's recap:

Wednesday, April 27, 2011: come on, don't you know that is a forged document, just like the microfilm of the newspaper announcement found in library?

Thursday, April 28, 2011: I think I took a dump that day.

Friday, April 29, 2011: I think I got laid that night.

Saturday, April 30, 2011: this is surely the worst date in history since 20 December 1924.

Sunday, May 1, 2011: This was not as good as April 30 1945, but the celebrated will be equal to (future date tbd).

prospeCt

https://great-castles.com/berkeleyghost.php

bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Another Bear
B.A. Bearacus
bearister
prospeCt said:

https://great-castles.com/berkeleyghost.php

I am not attempting to hijack this thread from the Anglophiles, but I saw Marshal Tucker open for the Allman Brothers at the Oakland Arena in September, 1973.
okaydo
As a Cal alum, I only recognize one prince:

okaydo
Congrats to the happy couple

okaydo
okaydo

bearister
concordtom
I'll play audio clips at the swim meet I'm about to announce if you post good ones for me. The vows, church bells... what else?
bearister
concordtom said:

I'll play audio clips at the swim meet I'm about to announce if you post good ones for me. The vows, church bells... what else?

When you are calling a swim meet have you ever tried a Mr. Subliminal schtick just to see who is paying attention?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgqmzk
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.