Can Trump pardon himself?

4,016 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by concordtom
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So, Obama was trying to do something humane for dreamers and opponents went ape**** over it, accusing him of acting like a monarch and grinding down the governmental functions to a halt, not approving any judges and other stuff.

Racist. Unproductive.

Point made, but it just reminds me that the most powerful people are the ones who can sway public opinion. Propagandists. Movie makers. Talk show hosts.

PBS had a show on the unconscious brain hosted by this guy eagleman....here's the site, the episodes are available streaming on their roku app is where I found it.
http://www.pbs.org/the-brain-with-david-eagleman/episodes/
Anyways, there is a point which talks about how easily people can flip their opinion on things, and they are not even aware.
A manipulator can take advantage of such things.

Obama was a great guy, he just was too young to be a great president. Inexperienced as to how to go about things effectively. The color of his skin didn't help his causes. Unconscious racism in our country.
golden sloth
concordtom said:

Obama was a great guy, he just was too young to be a great president. Inexperienced as to how to go about things effectively. The color of his skin didn't help his causes. Unconscious racism in our country.
I think Obama was a great president, he was placed in a particularly difficult spot, and that the challenges he endured are more indicative of the nature of each's base. Republicans will be loyal to republicans to the bitter end, in spite of all the evidence the leaders are corrupt, authoritarian, incompetent, lying, and bad for their lives. They will happily be lead off a cliff by the pied piper.

Meanwhile, Democrats' base will turn on their leaders the moment they don't get everything they want. It doesn't matter if the leader delivered 90% of their campaign promises, the lack of the other 10% will lead the democratic base to become apathetic, ungrateful and snarky.
okaydo

WHat if Trump killed James Comey?
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/06/why-congress-wouldnt-impeach-trump-for-shooting-james-comey.html
okaydo
golden sloth said:

concordtom said:

I think Obama was a great president, he was placed in a particularly difficult spot, and that the challenges he endured are more indicative of the nature of each's base. Republicans will be loyal to republicans to the bitter end, in spite of all the evidence the leaders are corrupt, authoritarian, incompetent, lying, and bad for their lives. They will happily be lead off a cliff by the pied piper.

Meanwhile, Democrats' base will turn on their leaders the moment they don't get everything they want. It doesn't matter if the leader delivered 90% of their campaign promises, the lack of the other 10% will lead the democratic base to become apathetic, ungrateful and snarky.

Reminds me of this article! This from the liberal publication Splinter News!

https://splinternews.com/obama-sucks-as-a-post-president-1826203067

1. Like Obama speaking out against Trump is going to do anything . (Of course Obama is going to campaign for Dems and speak out on stuff like the Iran deal, but he's not going to engage in Twitter fights with his successor. Besides, Obama spoke out against Trump during the election, and guess what happened.)

2. Trump desperately wants Obama to be part of his narrative. He called him "Cheatin' Obama" in a tweet just randomly a few months ago. Just today, he blamed the Obama administration for separating illegal immigrant parents from their families. Obama smartly isn't going to become part of Trump's narrative.

Anarchistbear
Trump's nicknaming is in rapid decline. Cheating Obama-really! From the guy who gave us Little Marco, Crooked Hillary, Little Rocket Man and Lying Ted. Sad.
Another Bear
I believe historians will judge Obama to be a very good president of major historic significance, so that puts him in a special category...so greatest is a fair analysis. It's not a thing anybody could do. Took an unique individual. He broke the racial barrier and proven to be smart and hard working. In the aftermath of his presidency it's often difficult to remember what he did (partly due to the current chaos) but he had a very steady hand, represented the U.S. in the best way possible and regained respect for the U.S. (Remember Dubya and Uncle Dick were viewed by the rest of the world as war criminals and evil doers.). Heck, even the Queen of England took a liking to him.

If you need a sports analogy, think Jackie Robinson. He had good stats, was a real gamer and multi-tool player but he carried one heavy load like no other and did well despite the racism of the day.

Obamas extra burden of racism wasn't as stark and heavy as Robinson's, given the era...but make no mistake, he was hated in some quarters simply because he's African American. Need a current trend to how real the racism was...well Trump and his wing nuts, tea baggers and Nazis have made it their legacy to destroy what Obama accomplished.

I like Obama mostly because he's a self-made man. (I put Bill Clinton in this category as well.) I like people who really do pull themselves up by the bootstraps because that requires real fortitude. No being born on third base with a silver spoon in your mouth. No family legacy like the Bushes, no advantages and privileges of race. For god sake, he's the son of an African scholar and was raised by a single mother with help from her parents...in Hawaii.

Conversely look at the current guy in office. Everything handed to him and he's a pathological liar, a criminal and he will go down in history as the worst ever.
Unit2Sucks
Yeah you have to love the irony of a (self-proclaimed) rich ivy league real estate tycoon who was given everything in life by his father calling a guy who he accused of being born in a ****hole country (sorry oski003 for the curse word - but it's a quote from POTUS) a member of the coastal elite. Only a ******* moron or idiot (sorry oski003 - quoting the cabinet now) would make that claim but that's where we are as a country.

Not to mention that Trump's main political skill (aside, of course from outright lying) seems to be playing the victim card. What an inspiration for deplorables everywhere.
bearister
Another Bear said:

I believe historians will judge Obama to be a very good president of major historic significance, so that puts him in a special category...so greatest is a fair analysis. It's not a thing anybody could do. Took an unique individual. He broke the racial barrier and proven to be smart and hard working. In the aftermath of his presidency it's often difficult to remember what he did (partly due to the current chaos) ......

Here's John Boehner offering his plans for Obama's agenda: "We're going to do everything and I mean everything we can do to kill it, stop it, slow it down, whatever we can."
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell summed up his plan to National Journal: "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president." Politico, 10/28/2010
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
concordtom
They've made me hate them
sonofabear51
ABSOLUTELY!
bearister
"You can't divide the country up into sections and have one rule for one section and one rule for another, and you can't encourage people's prejudices. You have to appeal to people's best instincts, not their worst ones. You may win an election or so by doing the other , but it does a lot of harm to the country." Harry Truman
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
concordtom
Anarchistbear said:

Trump's nicknaming is in rapid decline. Cheating Obama-really! From the guy who gave us Little Marco, Crooked Hillary, Little Rocket Man and Lying Ted. Sad.
How many hits would come up if I searched twitter for #********donald?
(Rhymes with rick head.)
okaydo
concordtom
Lol,
So, he's bragging now?

Popping the champagne. "Look at what I'm doing, everyone! Woo hoooo!"
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.