Burgerim opening locations in California

1,699 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by concordtom
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tried the one in San Mateo. Not really impressed. Two mini burgers fries and a coke is over $13 with tax.. Much prefer The Habit where the same meal can be had under $10. For some reason, the San Mateo Location is $2.00 higher than any other location in California.Food was ok. Patties reminded me of McDonalds.'''

Would be curious of other opinions.
Go Bears!
concordtom
How much is a Big Mac, or a Wendy's?
okaydo
oskidunker said:

Tried the one in San Mateo. Not really impressed. Two mini burgers fries and a coke is over $13 with tax.. Much prefer The Habit where the same meal can be had under $10. For some reason, the San Mateo Location is $2.00 higher than any other location in California.Food was ok. Patties reminded me of McDonalds.'''

Would be curious of other opinions.

There is one not far from me in Los Angeles. I ordered a trio about a year ago. I'm just not a miniburger kind of guy.

okaydo
concordtom said:

How much is a Big Mac, or a Wendy's?

McDonald's is pretty expensive. (but not that expensive). But you could still have a decent meal for cheap.
bearister
Would tRump eat there?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
sp4149
Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers (highest Yelp rating) their menu is more tempting, And they

Just opened in National City and East Baton Rouge near Denham Springs, LA; near our two homes.

Can't say that Burgerims signature 2.8 ounce patties sound anything more than dry and unappetizing,
They are in some of the upscale areas of San Diego, but I'm not driving to try them.

Besides I have a Bull Chicks two blocks from my home and they are cheaper.
oski003
I still need to try Shake Shack. Currently In N Out is still tops. Habit and Fat Burger are good too.
golden sloth
oski003 said:

I still need to try Shake Shack. Currently In N Out is still tops. Habit and Fat Burger are good too.
Shake Shack is coming to Palo Alto in November of this year (assuming everything goes to plan).
Another Bear
I think the US has hit peak burger and the slide and adjustment will begin.
okaydo
oski003 said:

I tried Shake Shack on Hollywood Blvd. Ehhhh....Still want to try Five Guys, which is near the La Brea Tar Pits.

I just googled Habit, and there's one at USC, where I'll be on Saturday. So maybe I'll stop by. (Update: it's closed on weekends.)
oskidunker
I was never a Burger King fan but had one a few weeks ago andbthe whopper meal was pretty good and for $8. I think Burgerim is not considering the fact that in the US everything is bigger. It could be a big diisaster. Look on their web site they are opening tons of new restaurants. Maybe in Israel where they are from this would fly. Here I dunno.
Go Bears!
Another Bear
Anyone try Phil's Slider on Shattuck? I went once after a game and thought it was good but the portion sizes were small, yet they survived. For some that's a reason to go but sort of counter to the American way. It does the small sliders and potato tots, no fries. Just wondering it compares with Burgerim.
okaydo
Another Bear said:

Anyone try Phil's Slider on Shattuck? I went once after a game and thought it was good but the portion sizes were small, yet they survived. For some that's a reason to go but sort of counter to the American way. It does the small sliders and potato tots, no fries. Just wondering it compares with Burgerim.

Phil's Sliders: Aug 2011 - July 2017

http://www.berkeleyside.com/2017/06/16/phils-sliders-berkeley-closing-comal-comes-in

BTW, I used to eat at the Phil's Sliders location, back when it was a cheap Chinese restaurant.

Phil's Sliders isn't the only slider restaurant to close in recent years...https://www.yelp.com/biz/sliderbar-berkeley

Another Bear
I guess the slider/small burger concept is hard to pull off. Didn't realize it closed. I guess this is America so make the burgers BIG or go home.
oskidunker
Sliders are $4.95 if not ordered on the combo. Burger prices have been creeping up everywhere . you can pay $18-20 for a meal, especially if the restaurant is in a shopping mall. Nonthanks because reviews and consistenacy are all overbthe place. If the burger is more than $10, it better be fresh meat and cooked properly, not well done.
Go Bears!
concordtom
Any veggie (non meat) fast food places out there?
Any typical joints that offer veggie patties?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.