Who needs and deserves our dollars from now till November?

sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
B.A. Bearacus said:

Calling it now.

I would pick Warren as the most likely nominee right now.
B.A. Bearacus
Beto's NFL viral clip catapulted him to the national level. He's been on Ellen and Colbert in the past week.
sycasey
B.A. Bearacus said:

Beto's NFL viral clip catapulted him to the national level. He's been on Ellen and Colbert in the past week.
Yeah, only trouble is that if he actually wins then I'm not sure he'd be on the ticket. Would Democrats want to give up such an unlikely Senate seat in Texas, for such a young guy?
B.A. Bearacus
sycasey said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Yeah, only trouble is that if he actually wins then I'm not sure he'd be on the ticket. Would Democrats want to give up such an unlikely Senate seat in Texas, for such a young guy?
I don't know what the experts say about it, but now that Beto has entered the national stage, it's conceivable that he could be on the ticket even if he lost. Maybe not a wise decision from the standpoint of picking a running mate to safely deliver the home state of the running mate, but he just has "it" and he's gaining a lot of national attention.

Another Bear
Beto is what, 40? He has some time. Heck if he runs in 10 years, he'd still be considered young...but he has momentum now. Any way, if it's Warren/O'Rourke and they get the nod...you take the VP because that sets up the next generation since Warren is 69. Beto might be able to leap frog Warren. Right now even the GOP are saying he's now a national candidate.
B.A. Bearacus
Another Bear said:

Beto is what, 40? He has some time. Heck if he runs in 10 years, he'd still be considered young...but he has momentum now. Any way, if it's Warren/O'Rourke and they get the nod...you take the VP because that sets up the next generation since Warren is 69. Beto might be able to leap frog Warren. Right now even the GOP are saying he's now a national candidate.
He's 45.
Another Bear
B.A. Bearacus said:

Another Bear said:

He's 45.
He's still young. Any way, I hope he wins Texas. That would set him up well, either for the long term or national office. Having the senate under his belt can only help him.
sycasey
B.A. Bearacus said:

I don't know what the experts say about it, but now that Beto has entered the national stage, it's conceivable that he could be on the ticket even if he lost.
I actually think he'd be more likely to be on the ticket if he lost.
Page 2 of 2
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.