Trump Halts Disaster Relief Funds to California

897 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by concordtom
golden sloth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He also blames California for the fires. I don't know how to adequately state my anger in this moment right now.

Quote:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Wednesday he has ordered a halt to federal disaster relief for California's wildfires unless state officials involved in forest management "get their act together."

"Billions of dollars are sent to the State of California for Forest fires that, with proper Forest Management, would never happen," Trump wrote on Twitter, a day after western governors asked for greater federal investment in fire prevention.

"Unless they get their act together, which is unlikely, I have ordered FEMA to send no more money. It is a disgraceful situation in lives & money!" the president said, referring to the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-california-fires-trump/trump-to-halt-u-s-relief-funds-for-california-wildfires-idUSKCN1P31ND?il=0

I speculate once again that the wall and the shut down is being used as a distraction to provide cover while he hurts his political opponents. He is spreading more lies to support his wrong assumptions the repercussions of which hurt people who have lost everything. I literally don't know how people can support this man when he so clearly has no regard for his constituents and uses them as pawns in his power games. Everyone that supports him is an A-Hole and should be ashamed of themselves!
sp4149
WASHINGTON, Jan 9 (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday said he has ordered a halt to federal emergency funds for California to fight wildfires and manage its forests unless officials in the western U.S. state can "get their act together."

"Billions of dollars are sent to the State of California for Forrest fires that, with proper Forrest (sic) Management, would never happen. Unless they get their act together, which is unlikely, I have ordered FEMA to send no more money. It is a disgraceful situation in lives & money!" Trump wrote on Twitter.

Another example of the Ignorant and Arrogant leading the uneducated.

I guess we all need to buy a leaf rake to defend ourselves...

There is a difference between forest fires and wildfires (lost on The Grump) and most of the forests are managed by US Forest Service and private land owners. BLM manages a lot of non forest wild lands. Basically The Grump is blaming California for the failures of the Federal Government departments he has failed to adequately staff and manage and large private landholders like PG&E and Union Pacific that may use bankruptcy to avoid their obligations for restitution. Of course The Grump loves using bankruptcy to avoid the consequences of his mismanagement.

Each day I am forced to reconsider which is the greatest danger, The Grump's ignorance or The Grump's arrogance.
golden sloth
It also angers me that the news has far more coverage of Jeff Bezos' divorce than this story. Where are people's priorities! No one cares of Jeff Bezos' lovelife, withholding money for food, water, temporary shelters and other disaster relief activities is far more important.
sp4149
golden sloth said:

It also angers me that the news has far more coverage of Jeff Bezos' divorce than this story. Where are people's priorities! No one cares of Jeff Bezos' lovelife, withholding money for food, water, temporary shelters and other disaster relief activities is far more important.
Withholding funds for wild land management may also mean no investigation for the causes of the wildfires. I expect CalFire is paid by BLM and USDA Forest Service to investigate origins of wildfires. The Federal agencies are understaffed and typically have outsourced the responsibility to the states.

I guess we have to wait until this afternoon to see if MSNBC Bay Area commentators Wallace and Maddow discuss this attack on their home state.
Another Bear
To me, combined with the shutdown, Manafort's defense team coughing up the goods by accident and Rosenstein resigning, says Trump is circling the wagons. This is the beginning of the end. He's trying to induce maximum confusion and division...but no one is buying. This is the crap in the bowl before it's flushed.

Peanut Gallery Consultant
concordtom
Everyone with half a brain must know why Trump tweeted that - we hate him to the tune of 68% with only 29% in favor of, and he's a vindictive f--k!

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.