If POTUS could read, what one book would you want him to read this year?

3,124 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by concordtom
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Actually read -- not listen to the audio version. Let's be real and exclude the Constitution from consideration.
prospeCt
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/656134.Wee_Gillis

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/189182.The_Story_About_Ping

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Story_of_Ferdinand
concordtom
Some sort of book that addresses narcissism, that might get him to look at himself introspectively. Of course, psychologists say that getting narcissists to alter their behavior is impossible. Trump would read it, acknowledge his destructive ways, and say, "yeah? So what?!" and keep doing the same.

It's an impossibility with him. Maybe a book about how the body decomposes after death. That oughta comfort him.
Another Bear
Good luck with getting a functional illiterate and narcissist to read. That said, a book of particular interests aligned with his reading and comprehension skills might just work. I'm sure there's a few pages of golden showers in here that he can directly relate to.

B.A. Bearacus
Sign of where we're at as a country: the one thing both Republicans and Democrats on BI agree on is that our president cannot read.
bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus

JK. Maybe this one?

Also, an extra copy of this one signed by four Republican Cal Bear fans, who have also included their own recipes on index cards:

Quote from the afterword: "Not that there's anything wrong with that." -Bearister

bearister
I think this thread requires a Taint Alert!
concordtom
B.A. Bearacus said:

That book is about as big of a scam as is trump's presidency.
I mean, how can they charge $25 for a hardback that is only 3 pages thick.
Page 1: title and author
Page 2: copyright and publisher info
Page 3: details of Trump's spiritual journey - blank.
concordtom
bearister said:

I think this thread requires a Taint Alert!
Yes, I think we need a mandatory recall.
B.A. Bearacus
concordtom said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Note that he is not looking up at heaven. He is looking directly at the sun.

Quotes from the book jacket of this deranged book:
Quote:

"David Brody and Scott Lamb show you a side of Donald Trump that has never been fully explored before. The spiritual journey of our 45th president is a riveting narrative that every student of history needs to understand to get a complete picture of one of the most dynamic Americans to ever lead our nation." (Newt Gingrich)

"David Brody is among the best reporters in Washington, D.C. and the country. He has had unique access to President Trump and possesses the background necessary to understand and explain the 45th president's beliefs and to accurately and completely recount --in the round-- Donald Trump's past and present religious convictions, and perhaps predict as well as anyone not named Trump what those beliefs and convictions will mean for the country in the years ahead. If you are serious about understanding President Trump, read this book." (Hugh Hewitt)

"David Brody and Scott Lamb have put together a concise, deep-dive look at our 45th president in a way that has never been done before. If you want to understand Donald Trump's inner religious DNA and the Judeo Christian worldview that accompanies it, you've found the right book. Clever insight and exclusive interviews for the book with President Trump and Vice- President Pence give this literary work the gravitas that it deserves." (Sean Hannity )

"Why do evangelicals have unprecedented access to this president? What explains the high number of Christian cabinet members and appointees in this White House? Read The Faith of Donald J. Trump to find out. Brody and Lamb reveal new material drawn from exclusive interviews with President Trump and evangelical leaders. The result is fascinating and important." (Dr. Jerry A. Johnson, president and CEO, National Religious Broadcasters)

B.A. Bearacus
Can someone dig up that old thread called "Dead Serious: Is Barry Mentally Capable of Reading a Book?". I think it was a thread started by GBear4Life?
Another Bear
B.A. Bearacus said:

Can someone dig up that old thread called "Dead Serious: Is Barry Mentally Capable of Reading a Book?". I think it was a thread started by GBear4Life?

Why? I find it hilarious the GOP and RWNJs disparage Obama or Bill Clinton on anything intellectual because of Individual 1 and the turd known as Dubya. Both serious idiots and morons...and sliver spoon slacker shttheads.

I don't know about RWNJs but I like the POTUS to be the smartest guy in the room...not the most orange or ya wanna drink a *********beer with him. Seriously the drink a beer thing is just major dumb****ery. Totally retrrded and fccked up method of choosing leadership....unless your real motive is destruction of government. Trump's lack of intelligence, his functional illiteracy and incompetence is bad for the country, worst for democracy.

So right now we have a 72 y.o. lardass with the emotional stability and intelligence of a 10 y.o. If you backed him, you're an idiot. If you sat on your hands and looked the other way, you're a complicit idiot.

Yeah...GOP and wing nuts know how to eat cock.
B.A. Bearacus
Employment-friendly redo:

[But serious AB, maybe keep the nudity off just in case anyone on here has a workplace with heightened sensitivities?]
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

[But serious AB, maybe keep the nudity off just in case anyone on here has a workplace with heightened sensitivities?]

What's a workplace, dude? I don't even know what day or time it is.....but instinctually I know the drinking lantern gets lit at 5 pm because my hands start to shake.

Another Bear
Since we're talking books...Deranged Donnie should read Moby Dick...especially since we now have notes on Bill Barr's read on the big fat, white whale. Metaphoric or prophetic?

Quote:

Blumenthal pointed out that Mueller's letter did not once mention the press. I knew exactly how Blumenthal must have felt because that's just how I felt when the Attorney General sat in Cathy's living room last May and insisted that Herman Melville's Moby Dick or, The Whale was the story of a "very stable genius of a sea captain's ultimately self-actualizing quest to befriend a puffin name Kevin."

"Kevin? What document did he even read?" I'd whispered to Lisa in the kitchen, and not for the first time. This guy seems to have some very particular reading comprehension issues, is all I'm saying.
B.A. Bearacus
bearister said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

What's a workplace, dude? I don't even know what day or time it is.....but instinctually I know the drinking lantern gets lit at 5 pm because my hands start to shake.
You just had to ruin it for everyone now didn't you? Mods have now made the content premium because of the heightened attention you brought to this image.

Another Bear
B.A. Bearacus said:

bearister said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

You just had to ruin it for everyone now didn't you? Mods have now made the content premium because of the heightened attention you brought to this image.

Frankly that just makes things dirtier, more alluring and enticing..like what am I missing? OMG...cartoon boob and nipple! Yeah baby...hubba, hubba...Velma from Scooby Doo is so hot!

p.s. iPad mini or phone at work...not the big 27" HD toil machine everyone can view. Leave it on your desk, away from view...closed or put away between uses.
B.A. Bearacus
These are the dark places a thread goes when the basic premise -- the President reading a book -- it too fantastical to take seriously. Layer on top of that the fact that he's irredeemably wretched, so what ultimately would be the point of a book recommendation.
oski003
B.A. Bearacus said:

These are the dark places a thread goes when the basic premise -- the President reading a book -- it too fantastical to take seriously. Layer on top of that the fact that he's irredeemably wretched, so what ultimately would be the point of a book recommendation.

Oh liberals... Always blaming someone or something else.
B.A. Bearacus

Oski, thanks for playing! So what's your book recommendation for the president this year?
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

These are the dark places a thread goes...

Another Bear
B.A. Bearacus said:

Well you can't fix dumb, stupid or debilitating narcissism. The guy watches Fox News for his information..so yes, this is too far fetched to consider. But nice try. The cons and RWNJs can't even make a recommendation. Frankly giving a book to a dog is more useful to society.
oski003
B.A. Bearacus said:

Oski, thanks for playing! So what's your book recommendation for the president this year?

A Painted House by Grisham. I read it the other day and enjoyed it.

Wonder by RJ Palacio might be a good one to build moral character.
BearsWiin
Thirteen Reasons Why
B.A. Bearacus
oski003 said:

The paperback version has 480 pages. I see the President having 479.5 problems with this book -- or 480 if you count the number of pages without mention of him or pictures. As you probably know, reading this book would probably exact a painful toll on his health, probably shortening his life considerably. In any case, reading is fundamentally good, so I hope he reads your suggested book.
concordtom
oski003 said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Wonder by RJ Palacio might be a good one to build moral character.
Honestly, I think it's probably too late for trump to develop moral character, but on the oft chance I'm wrong, how about we send him to St. Helena Island. He'd develop better there than by reading any book, which he actually can't do anyways.

concordtom
Lololol
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.