Straight Pride Parade

15,275 Views | 140 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by GBear4Life
calbearinamaze
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.boston.com/culture/tv/2019/06/06/video-stephen-colbert-straight-pride-parade-boston

This may be a booth, and I don't care.

When I first learned that this idiocy was even being considered, I thought about how it would be handled in the media.

All of the decent hotels in and around Boston have been booked due to this event. I'm going to have to sleep
"under the stars".

So, what are you men and women going to be wearing in the Parade?

I haven't entirely made up my mind as yet. But these guys give some really good ideas.

If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
Another Bear
I thought that was a hoax or from the Onion...but apparently not because they have the merch... Sort of figures this came out of Boston. Think Pats and Red Sox fans and gay pride and this is what you get...oddly a literal reversal theme, negation of the rainbow. Just weird.

B.A. Bearacus
This year's grand marshalls:

Another Bear
That Straight Pride Parade in Boston is Just a Pack of Neo-fascists Brawlers Trying to Rebrand

One of the main organizers is a Proud Boy racist, the chubby dude smiling.

GBear4Life
If you support gay pride, there's no logical reason not to support straight pride. Unless you're a hypocrite, or a bigot, or both.
calbearinamaze
Another Bear said:

That Straight Pride Parade in Boston is Just a Pack of Neo-fascists Brawlers Trying to Rebrand

I'm guessing that's not John Hugo, or back in the day (when this photo was taken), he was in much, much better shape,

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/06/05/straight-pride-parade-boston-group-planned/

So, either

1. this is one of two other REALLY creepy organizers
2. or your post is a complete put-on

Either way....I'm good.

So far Whitney Cummings (I had to look her up) has the best line

something like "White straight guys already have their own parade...it's called NASCAR"

Another Bear
Yes, another organizer...the veep. Caption from the photo above: Mark Sahady joins the crowd at the Patriot Prayer riot in Portland on June 30, 2018.

Super Happy Fun America Team Page

Sahady, the Proud Boy, is the VP of Super Happy Fun America. It seems Super Happy Fun America has a "big tent" policy, inviting white nationalist, weirdos, creepsand closet cases alike.

Below is John Hugo, standing up and representing straight America. The whole thing is totally kooky beyond belief. Just look at the flag...and look at Hugo. I'd like to see the women who join up.

B.A. Bearacus
Anyone have the deets on the straight Cal fans organized meetup?
calbearinamaze
GBear4Life said:

If you support gay pride, there's no logical reason not to support straight pride. Unless you're a hypocrite, or a bigot, or both.
Although I didn't state I support "gay pride", I'll take a crack at that:

* Please look up the organizers. It's important.
* Have "straight men" been bullied and discriminated against in any way comparable to "gay men"?
If your answer is anywhere close to "Of course"........I respect your opinion. so it would surprise me....
then I'll just say one word "Charlottesville" and hope you get the reference.

calbearinamaze
B.A. Bearacus said:

GREAT QUESTION

If I say the first couple of places that popped into my head, I'd just get in more trouble. So,
I'm all-in with giving you another star,

AunBear89
GBear4Life said:

False equivalence alert!
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

Hopefully it doubles as a safe space because when the Everybody Gets a Trophy Generation gets rejected by the object of their affection they either get weepy or homicidal.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
sycasey
Straight people have had it so hard. About time they got something.
concordtom
AunBear89 said:

GBear4Life said:

False equivalence alert!
No kidding.
The above post blows my mind.
Dude has no clue, as to why gay primped parades began, or otherwise.
concordtom
Do we really need to have sexual orientation parades, as if it's some dueling contest?
"I prefer to screw women! Arrrrrgggggg!"

"Oh, yeah, well I prefer to screw men. Whoooo-aaahhhhh!"

What people do in the privacy of their own quarters should remain private.... live and let live.
wifeisafurd
I really thought this would be an Onion article. It should be an Onion article.
dajo9
Some people need to read about Stonewall and the origins of the gay pride parades
American Vermin
concordtom
@evaandheriud
me explaining to my boyfriend why we're going to straight pride.

I don't know how to paste the video clip from her tweet in here, but it's hella funny.

If you can, tell me how.
Cal Junkie
Another Bear said:

The Proud Boys tried to organize a gathering in Oakland at the West End Tavern last year (October?). I went to oppose it of course. When the Oakland locals got wind of it, the Nazis showed up in twos and threes and ran away. In layman's terms they were cowards who knew they were going to get their asses kicked. I'd love to see them try to organize another event in Oakland, it would not go well for them. Someone should organize a burn tRump in effigy rally in Oakland, draw out the MAGA redhats, and you know, see what happens.
calbearinamaze
concordtom said:

@evaandheriud

I don't know how to paste the video clip from her tweet in here, but it's hella funny.

If you can, tell me how.
CT,

COPY the URL (web address) that you see in the upper-left of your browser (usually begins with https or http)
and then PASTE it anywhere you wish in your post.

If this is not what you're asking, just say so

okaydo
GBear4Life said:

If you allow black people to use the N-word, there's no logical reason not to support white people using the N-word. Unless you're a hypocrite, or a bigot, or both.

concordtom
BEARUPINDC said:

concordtom said:

@evaandheriud

If you can, tell me how.
CT,

COPY the URL (web address) that you see in the upper-left of your browser (usually begins with https or http)

It was open in my twitter app on my iPad. I never use twitter, so suck at it. I don't know how some folks grab the image of a tweet, though I'm sure I've stumbled into doing it once or twice.
concordtom
Cal Junkie said:

Another Bear said:

The Proud Boys tried to organize a gathering in Oakland at the West End Tavern last year (October?). I went to oppose it of course. When the Oakland locals got wind of it, the Nazis showed up in twos and threes and ran away. In layman's terms they were cowards who knew they were going to get their asses kicked. I'd love to see them try to organize another event in Oakland, it would not go well for them. Someone should organize a burn tRump in effigy rally in Oakland, draw out the MAGA redhats, and you know, see what happens.
I had to google Proud Boys:

Key Points
  • The Proud Boys, founded by Gavin McInnes, are a right wing "fraternity" who present themselves as proponents of mainstream conservative values, but engage in extreme, often violent tactics to promote their agenda. The group is not cohesive and is highly decentralized.
  • The Proud Boys abhor progressive policies, liberalism and what they call "political correctness," regularly use violence in the form of street fights, and promote violence in speeches, podcasts, and videos.
  • The group, which is nominally part of the alt lite, is overtly Islamophobic and misogynistic, and some members are also anti-Semitic and racist.
  • The group's members regularly engage in physical altercations as part of their hazing and membership rituals, promoting violence both as a means of becoming an official Proud Boy and as a tactic for defending their values.
  • Proud Boys (including McInnes) regularly show up at rallies and events. Members of the group claim to act as "security" for controversial, right-wing politicians and public figure, including Vickie Paladino and Ann Coulter.
  • Most of the group's official Twitter accounts were suspended in August of 2018, leaving the remaining active accounts to push far-right conspiracy theories and talking points until October 2018, when Twitter removed the remaining Proud Boys' individual and regional accounts.
  • As of October 30th, Facebook and Instagram had deactivated Gavin McInnes, and Proud Boys groups were no longer visible on Facebook. Individual Proud Boys' Facebook profiles remained live.
concordtom
okaydo said:

GBear4Life said:

If you allow black people to use the N-word, there's no logical reason not to support white people using the N-word. Unless you're a hypocrite, or a bigot, or both.

Ha.
I'd like to see GB4Life try that.
It made me think of the ending of Warriors when the Riffs close in on the bad guy.
"Noooooo"

dajo9
I like how in The Warriors all the gangs dress like clowns except the black gang, which actually dresses like a gang
American Vermin
calbearinamaze
concordtom said:

BEARUPINDC said:

concordtom said:

@evaandheriud

If you can, tell me how.
CT,

It was open in my twitter app on my iPad. I never use twitter, so suck at it. I don't know how some folks grab the image of a tweet, though I'm sure I've stumbled into doing it once or twice.
Here you go,,,,,,,really funny and well done. BTW: what I wrote applies to Youtube etc,

concordtom
dajo9 said:

I like how in The Warriors all the gangs dress like clowns except the black gang, which actually dresses like a gang
Yeah, when I put on the clip, I was remembering the Baseball Furies. Those guys looked STUPID as a gang 40 years ago, and they made me cringe thinking about it today.

But, as a kid watching the movie was still kinda cool, despite the clownery.
GBear4Life
BEARUPINDC said:

GBear4Life said:

Although I didn't state I support "gay pride", I'll take a crack at that:

* Please look up the organizers. It's important.
* Have "straight men" been bullied and discriminated against in any way comparable to "gay men"?
If your answer is anywhere close to "Of course"........I respect your opinion. so it would surprise me....
then I'll just say one word "Charlottesville" and hope you get the reference.

None of that is relevant. You can denounce the organizers while fully support the concept of *everyone* celebrating their sexuality.

I find "celebrating pride" in a biological, immutable characteristic like sexuality pretty f'n silly, so I'd make fun of both.

You're ascribing victim status, and by virtue privilege, to groups you deem qualify under victim group status. Gays celebrating their sexuality = honorable. Straights celebrating their sexuality = deplorable, or otherwise worthy of mockery. This is bigotry defined, and an announcement that treating people equally is simply a rhetorical bludgeon.

What a "straight pride parade" does, regardless of the organizer's intentions or how principally stupid it is, is it illuminates the hypocrisy and absurdity of multiple narratives on the Left about equality, bigotry, fairness, etc.

Another poster used the analogy of the N-word, which is funny because that is in fact an appropriate analogy that follows the same line of logic and reasoning. Yes, to condone/accept/obfuscate one race's use of a word while denouncing it when used by another race in the same manner or context is in fact the definition of bigotry and racism.

The color of your skin does not ascribe any privilege to own words and to set the ground rules for who else can or can't use on the basis of their skin color in our society. This of course is what most people claim to be against (racism, generally treating people and setting ground rules based on skin color or gender) but when identitarian politics is being used to advance a political and social agenda, making sense goes out the window.

I don't condone its usage anywhere by anybody because I'm not a racist and don't set different rules for people based on their skin color. I criticize anybody's use of the word, especially the prejudiced who attempt to exalt these double standards as moral axioms. Put another way, condoning its use by a particular race gives you no credible license to demonize its use in others.
GBear4Life
I remember reading this in 2007 at work about residents of the Castro district perturbed at all the "heterosexuals" moving into the neighborhood. We all laughed at how silly -- and stupid, and discriminatory and bigoted -- the pro-LGBT orthodoxy, and their apologists, can get. I was living in SF at the time, and there was really no backlash from this as far as I could tell.

Quote:

Heterosexuals "are welcome as long as they understand this is our community," said Adam Light, a leader in the Castro Coalition, a group formed eight months ago to address the shifts in the neighborhood in recent years.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/S-F-s-Castro-district-faces-an-identity-crisis-2615423.php
calbearinamaze
GBear4Life said:

None of that is relevant. You can denounce the organizers while fully support the concept of *everyone* celebrating their sexuality.

I find "celebrating pride" in a biological, immutable characteristic like sexuality pretty f'n silly, so I'd make fun of both.

You're ascribing victim status, and by virtue privilege, to groups you deem qualify under victim group status. Gays celebrating their sexuality = honorable. Straights celebrating their sexuality = deplorable, or otherwise worthy of mockery. This is bigotry defined, and an announcement that treating people equally is simply a rhetorical bludgeon.

What a "straight pride parade" does, regardless of the organizer's intentions or how principally stupid it is, is it illuminates the hypocrisy and absurdity of multiple narratives on the Left about equality, bigotry, fairness, etc.

Another poster used the analogy of the N-word, which is funny because that is in fact an appropriate analogy that follows the same line of logic and reasoning. Yes, to condone/accept/obfuscate one race's use of a word while denouncing it when used by another race in the same manner or context is in fact the definition of bigotry and racism.

The color of your skin does not ascribe any privilege to own words and to set the ground rules for who else can or can't use on the basis of their skin color in our society. This of course is what most people claim to be against (racism, generally treating people and setting ground rules based on skin color or gender) but when identitarian politics is being used to advance a political and social agenda, making sense goes out the window.

I don't condone its usage anywhere by anybody because I'm not a racist and don't set different rules for people based on their skin color. I criticize anybody's use of the word, especially the prejudiced who attempt to exalt these double standards as moral axioms. Put another way, condoning its use by a particular race gives you no credible license to demonize its use in others.

sycasey
Gay Pride parades had a point: it was to protest mistreatment of homosexuals. The situation isn't the same now as in the 70s, but there are still rights to fight for.

There is literally no point to a Straight Pride parade other than to troll the libs. It's transparently obvious that's what they are doing. They have the right to do what they want, and I also have the right to point and laugh.
Unit2Sucks
The point is white fragility. And I guess incels needing to support each other. It's really orthogonal to the genesis of pride but it makes sense when you think about what's happened to white culture in America.
GBear4Life
It's a parade of pride, not a protest.

You just basically parroted what the OP was saying and confirmed my criticism was warranted. The straight pride announcement has served its purpose already -- the Left has called for a permit to be denied (which the Democratic mayor of Boston rightfully disagrees) and outright mocked a group's desire to celebrate their immutable characteristics. It has garnered the reaction we already knew would further confirm that the Left absolutely detests equality, and merely uses it as a bludgeon to virtue signal and correct for history, and that a group's victim status is the determinant in judging their actions.

The idea that anybody -- solely based on an immutable characteristic -- can be determined to be more or less of a victim by virtue of their immutable identity, or the group's context historically, is ridiculous and profoundly illiberal.

What about heteros who were trying to move in to the Castro district in 2007? Weren't they the "other" facing discrimination? Are they privy, in your mind, to celebrate their sexuality?

Keep it up, liberals, Trump 2020 here it comes.
calbearinamaze
GBear4Life said:

You just basically parroted what the OP was saying and confirmed my criticism was warranted. The straight pride announcement has served its purpose already -- the Left has called for a permit to be denied (which the Democratic mayor of Boston rightfully disagrees) and outright mocked a group's desire to celebrate their immutable characteristics. It has garnered the reaction we already knew would further confirm that the Left absolutely detests equality, and merely uses it as a bludgeon to virtue signal and correct for history, and that a group's victim status is the determinant in judging their actions.

The idea that anybody -- solely based on an immutable characteristic -- can be determined to be more or less of a victim by virtue of their immutable identity, or the group's context historically, is ridiculous and profoundly illiberal.

What about heteros who were trying to move in to the Castro district in 2007? Weren't they the "other" facing discrimination? Are they privy, in your mind, to celebrate their sexuality?

*************************************************************************************************

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQkrP1DNC48
concordtom
GBear4Life said:

How old are you?
And for fair disclosure, I'm 50.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.