How Many Plan to Attend the Trump Celebration, "A Salute to America" on July 4th?

9,259 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by concordtom
Another Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
50% chance of rain on Trump's parade.
bearister
Another Bear said:

50% chance of rain on Trump's parade.

God crying.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Another Bear
Or taking a leak...

Interesting, WaPo or NYT had a headline... "Leave the tanks for Red Square", then it donned on, that's what Trump is into. He wants the Soviet display of weaponry.
GBear4Life
Screw the national parks. Why don't we build shelters for the homeless on these lands.
Anarchistbear
We give these military *******s 700 billion a year and people complain about a spectacle.
bearister
Methinks the Military Fourth Parade is just a dry run to test the logistics of the military takeover and installation of The Thousand Year tRumpus Americana in the event he is voted out in 2020.

Anarchistbear
War is as American as Apple Pie and the 4th of July
GBear4Life
[yay!]

[You war-mongering dictator!]
bearister
Yogi011
Cal88 said:

sp4149 said:

This caught my attention on MSNBC last night. Rachel Maddow had a segment with a look back at the Nixon Administration back in 1970. That was the year I exited Cal after Ronnie cancelled the commencement and briefly shut down the University after Kent State. The Nixon supporters organized a "Honor America Day" in Washington on the 4th of July with a mass rally and fireworks display at the Washington Monument. Nixon did not attend, he was actually in California on the 4th.

blob:https://www.msnbc.com/ac454930-96b2-488a-b1e1-dce9a32f1f46

The New York Times and network news described a heated clash between long-hairs and crew-cuts (aka Riot) where police and long hairs were battered and bloodied and the Park Police on horsback chased the demonstraters into the reflecting pool. It is quite a story, and I don't remember it at all, but on that night in Yosemite I lived it. After end of classes I went to Yosemite to report for duty as a seasonal ranger. There had been a disturbance on Memorial Day and a couple of Rangers were embarrassed and the Park asked for ten additional seasonal rangers, I was one. At that time Park supervisors were mostly retired military, not tree huggers, and not fond of interaction with the public. The next big holiday weekend was barely a month later on the Fourth; and the command spent the time preparing. A 'war room' was setup and with help from the CHP, the movement of motorcycle gangs throughout the state was plotted. Back-up reserves from the closest Air Force Base were on stand-by, local sheriff deputies were on call, US Marshalls were authorized for law enforcement duties by the local Federal magistrate and Concessionaire wranglers were deputized for a mounted horse patrol.

On the evening of the 3rd a large crowd had gathered in Stoneman Meadow and 20 of us were sent in on foot to break up the crowd. Signs had been posted declaring an 8pm curfew, most ended up in the Merced river and the curfew was ignored. It took over half an hour of us in the middle of the 'party' when those gathered left, us alone in the meadow, This forced a revision of 'the planning'. The motorcycle gangs were avoiding the park, so the plans for immediate backup from MPOs and US Marshalls were stood down. But supervisors, sensing success on the 3rd opted for a more aggressive response on the Fourth. All rangers in the park were called in to the Valley for duty on the evening of the Fourth. Our group of twenty on foot had swelled to 38 and we were to enter at double time from the trailer campground next to the meadow. On the opposite side, the horse patrol was to enter and in a pincer movement we would push the gathered crowd of 1,000 or more celebrants, feeling the effects of booze and weed, into the ice cold river in the dark of the evening. The result was the first riot held in a National Park; it lasted into the morning, by which time nearly a hundred were arrested and there were only a handful of visitors in the valley as Mr and Mrs America fled with their families in the middle of the night. I had been up for almost 36 hours, on duty for 18 hours when I was finally relieved and never heard about the 'riot' in DC at the "Honor America Day".

Fast forward to yesterday and Rachel Maddow announcing that The Grump is planning his celebration for the Fourth, A Salute To America. Unlike Nixon, The Grump will attend, to receive lavish praise. I am sure.

I remember the last time this was tried and have no desire to attend.

But the question is - Will You attend ???

The real question here is, why are you still watching Rachel Maddow??
Why do you watch Fox News?
Yogi011
prospeCt said:

https://www.trbimg.com/img-58da7b25/turbine/ct-donald-trump-nationals-opening-day-20170328

OBear073akaSMFan
sp4149 said:

This caught my attention on MSNBC last night. Rachel Maddow had a segment with a look back at the Nixon Administration back in 1970. That was the year I exited Cal after Ronnie cancelled the commencement and briefly shut down the University after Kent State. The Nixon supporters organized a "Honor America Day" in Washington on the 4th of July with a mass rally and fireworks display at the Washington Monument. Nixon did not attend, he was actually in California on the 4th.

blob:https://www.msnbc.com/ac454930-96b2-488a-b1e1-dce9a32f1f46

The New York Times and network news described a heated clash between long-hairs and crew-cuts (aka Riot) where police and long hairs were battered and bloodied and the Park Police on horsback chased the demonstraters into the reflecting pool. It is quite a story, and I don't remember it at all, but on that night in Yosemite I lived it. After end of classes I went to Yosemite to report for duty as a seasonal ranger. There had been a disturbance on Memorial Day and a couple of Rangers were embarrassed and the Park asked for ten additional seasonal rangers, I was one. At that time Park supervisors were mostly retired military, not tree huggers, and not fond of interaction with the public. The next big holiday weekend was barely a month later on the Fourth; and the command spent the time preparing. A 'war room' was setup and with help from the CHP, the movement of motorcycle gangs throughout the state was plotted. Back-up reserves from the closest Air Force Base were on stand-by, local sheriff deputies were on call, US Marshalls were authorized for law enforcement duties by the local Federal magistrate and Concessionaire wranglers were deputized for a mounted horse patrol.

On the evening of the 3rd a large crowd had gathered in Stoneman Meadow and 20 of us were sent in on foot to break up the crowd. Signs had been posted declaring an 8pm curfew, most ended up in the Merced river and the curfew was ignored. It took over half an hour of us in the middle of the 'party' when those gathered left, us alone in the meadow, This forced a revision of 'the planning'. The motorcycle gangs were avoiding the park, so the plans for immediate backup from MPOs and US Marshalls were stood down. But supervisors, sensing success on the 3rd opted for a more aggressive response on the Fourth. All rangers in the park were called in to the Valley for duty on the evening of the Fourth. Our group of twenty on foot had swelled to 38 and we were to enter at double time from the trailer campground next to the meadow. On the opposite side, the horse patrol was to enter and in a pincer movement we would push the gathered crowd of 1,000 or more celebrants, feeling the effects of booze and weed, into the ice cold river in the dark of the evening. The result was the first riot held in a National Park; it lasted into the morning, by which time nearly a hundred were arrested and there were only a handful of visitors in the valley as Mr and Mrs America fled with their families in the middle of the night. I had been up for almost 36 hours, on duty for 18 hours when I was finally relieved and never heard about the 'riot' in DC at the "Honor America Day".

Fast forward to yesterday and Rachel Maddow announcing that The Grump is planning his celebration for the Fourth, A Salute To America. Unlike Nixon, The Grump will attend, to receive lavish praise. I am sure.

I remember the last time this was tried and have no desire to attend.

But the question is - Will You attend ???
The only celebration involving the Moron will be when he is put to rest...permanently. The sooner the better!
bearister
concordtom
GBear4Life said:

Screw the national parks. Why don't we build shelters for the homeless on these lands.
You've one-upped yourself again!
concordtom
Anarchistbear said:

We give these military *******s 700 billion a year and people complain about a spectacle.
Good point.
Let's slash their budget and balance the budget!
concordtom
Shyster showman at work.

And he's stiffing other agencies and government coffers to pay for it.

https://www.newsweek.com/how-much-will-trump-fourth-july-parade-cost-1447342
bearister
concordtom
Couldn't find the parade anywhere on tv, but someone is live streaming on side of parade route with their mobile device. Looks extremely weak.

concordtom
That belongs to Right Side Broadcast Network, keeping America right.

Nice of them to stream, but some of the early commentary is cringeworthy.
People really are warped.
concordtom
The Grandpa standing up there telling reading tough guy stories, or a recitation of our founding and our military incursions, as if he's John Wayne.
What a loser. He paid off a doctor to get a phone medical deferment.

Starts after some many minutes of blank, then bands.

I find his language rather disgusting. He talks about "blowing away" Germans, and laughs at some of their defeats. I'm sure the Germans do not appreciate the poor tone. War is a tragedy. War deaths are people's families ruined. He speaks as if it was the great football battle in the mid, and boy we sure kicked their butts. Not diplomatic at all.

I have very distant German cousins who died in the war, and American ones, too. Shame on you, butthead.

OH, BY THE WAY...
The protective bullet proof glass was all wet, ruining his theatrical visual, while constantly reminding us that many are out there who would sink a few dozen bullets into his face and chest - thus the need for it at all.
okaydo
I can't believe people are mocking Trump over this. There were airports before flight. I read it in the history booiks.

bearister
okaydo said:

I can't believe people are mocking Trump over this. There were airports before flight. I read it in the history booiks.

Hey, it could be worse, Ronald Reagan thought he was filming Bonzo Goes to Washington his last 5 years in office.

tRump is so stupid that someone altered the words of the speech and figured he would read it anyway. Just like...

B.A. Bearacus
concordtom
B.A. Bearacus said:

They are an absolute goddam joke of a first couple.
Only complete idiots vote for him.
B.A. Bearacus
sp4149
concordtom said:

Ah, but they reproduce and that's the real danger...
Eastern Oregon Bear
okaydo said:

The Montgolfier brothers had to launch and land their hot air balloons somewhere. It must have been part of the military aid from France.
concordtom
B.A. Bearacus said:

I starred it, but that was not enough to express my

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
LOLOLOLOLOLOL
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
LOLOL
LOLOLOLOLOL
concordtom
sp4149 said:

concordtom said:

Ah, but they reproduce and that's the real danger...
I'm not worried about the Nature. I'm worried about the Nurture. And that could affect millions.
GBear4Life
Even Melania is now triggering emotionally wrecked Libtards.
concordtom
You know what triggers me?
Trumptards!
bearister
GBear4Life said:

Caitlyn Jenner Is prettier, smarter and a better athlete.
sp4149
bearister said:

GBear4Life said:

Melania reminds me of a classic Steinbeck short story, St. Katy the Virgin
concordtom
bearister said:

GBear4Life said:

Perhaps, but the kicker is that she never let that dirty disgusting man cum inside her.
Automatic disqualification!
Tainted meat.
GBear4Life
bearister said:

GBear4Life said:

This you coming out bro?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.