Who Were The Cosigners On Trump's Loans?

1,863 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by concordtom
BearNIt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has anyone heard a rumor that the reason that Deutsche Bank lent large sums of money to Trump when nobody else would was because he had cosigners on the loans and that the cosigners were Russian oligarchs? If true, it would explain his behavior throughout his presidency. The key maybe in the subpoenaed documents from Deutsche Bank. Deutsche Bank had been involved extensively in money laundering involving the Russians and was fined $20 billion for its role.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/ywav3x/deutsche-bank-basically-just-confirmed-they-have-trumps-tax-returns-that-should-make-him-nervous

https://money.cnn.com/2017/01/31/investing/deutsche-bank-us-fine-russia-money-laundering/index.html

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/lawrence-odonnell-source-says-russian-oligarchs-co-signed-trumps-deutsche-bank-loans
dajo9
That is what Lawrence O'Donnell reported on his show last night. He added that he only had 1 source so it wasn't "news" he or NBC could stand behind, but that he has 1 credible source who said as much.
American Vermin
bearister

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
concordtom
Salon article, and likely everywhere else!

Deutsche Bank bombshell: It has Trump's tax returns and Democrats may soon see them
Rumors fly after financial giant that funded Trump's business deals finally admits it has his tax returns.
calbearinamaze
Putin, Scaramucci & -. , , , (alias loosely translated as ComeUpAndSeeMeSometime NudgeNudgeWinkWink)

If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
ducky23
I'm a big fan of Lawrence O'donnell, as I watch his show fairly regularly and because he was very involved in making my favorite tv show of all time (west wing)

But I'm uncomfortable with the way he reported this last night. I know they didn't report the part about the Russian oligarchs as fact, but still....a single source (that apparently didn't even see the bank document?) That seems very fox-newsy to me. Why even start spreading rumors like that? That one single source better be a damn good source
BearNIt
ducky23 said:

I'm a big fan of Lawrence O'donnell, as I watch his show fairly regularly and because he was very involved in making my favorite tv show of all time (west wing)

But I'm uncomfortable with the way he reported this last night. I know they didn't report the part about the Russian oligarchs as fact, but still....a single source (that apparently didn't even see the bank document?) That seems very fox-newsy to me. Why even start spreading rumors like that? That one single source better be a damn good source
O'donnell did give the old, "If true" disclaimer, wink, wink, nudge, nudge. He put it out there and if you know who is upset or offended by the statement he can always seek legal recourse, but you know as well as I know the Idiot in Chief will never expose himself and others to the subpoenas and depos that a legal undertaking would required. Lawrence knew that when he said what he said. He's kind of an evil genius, wink, wink.
Another Bear

Here's the LO segment. Meat of the stuff is between 5:00 and 18:00-ish.

Key phrase: "if true".

I agree it's speculative with one source...but I agree with some of what is said, like the loan documents are potentially more damning than tax returns. Other stuff is already known: Deutsche Bank is a known money laundering operation and pretty damn sleazy, and Anthony Kennedy's son ran it, gave Trump loans. I guess Libertarians really, really, really HATE regulations of any kind.

My cynical side says the GOP will cover this up all like all the other crap...and the media rolls over.

The U.S. media is complicit with Trump and this whole fiasco, in a soft indirect way. They're making MAJOR money off Trump coverage. Functionally this makes sense: they feed each other and both benefit, as institutions shore up those in power. Just remember: 6 corporations own 90% of US media. This is one major difference from when Nixon was POTUS. After Nixon, conservatives went about buying the media.

So...IF TRUE that Russian Oligarchs co-signed, yeah it's a big deal. How we get to the truth in the Trump era of "Truth isn't truth", is another story.

sp4149
Another Bear said:

So...IF TRUE that Russian Oligarchs co-signed, yeah it's a big deal. How we get to the truth in the Trump era of "Truth isn't truth", is another story.

I'm still waiting for the NY AG to determine if Trump was laundering Russian money, AKA RICO crimes that would allow seizure of his NY state assets. Russian oligarchs involvement would be in violation of the US sanctions imposed on them and would require the US AG to act, which we know he wouldn't. Too late to impeach, but NY state could still bite POTUS bad.
Anarchistbear

Way to rev up ratings for tonight!
Lmao at "rigorous verification."

Another Bear
sp4149 said:

Another Bear said:

I'm still waiting for the NY AG to determine if Trump was laundering Russian money, AKA RICO crimes that would allow seizure of his NY state assets. Russian oligarchs involvement would be in violation of the US sanctions imposed on them and would require the US AG to act, which we know he wouldn't. Too late to impeach, but NY state could still bite POTUS bad.
I think the House Judiciary Comm, Jerry Nadler, actually started the impeachment investigation...or there's speculation. I'm not sure if it's too late, but they might not have the goods or the sure shot to take him down.

Here's one theory: impeachment proceedings during the coming election year would damage how Trump controls the media and put him on the defensive. Chaos over chaos as it were.

I do think the NY AG is setting things up. There's a special hate for Trump in NY and the NY AG has always had a fierce rep.
BearNIt
Anarchistbear said:

Way to rev up ratings for tonight!
Lmao at "rigorous verification."

He has admitted that he shouldn't have said what he said. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

He sorry that it is out there in the air and he would take it back if he could but he can't but he has admitted his mea culpa. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.
concordtom
sp4149 said:

Another Bear said:

Find him and his GUITY.
Shut down all his businesses.
Penalize for decades of tax fraud and assorted financial crimes.
Bankrupt him.
Send them to St. Helena island.
No more Trumps in USA. Let the children escape to Russia.
Wipe this sad chapter from the history books.
concordtom

If you watch, they laugh and mock the IF TRUE statement. I was going to say "well, trump throws out wild claims all the time and doesn't even add the IF TRUE qualifier". But just then, one of The Five says "that's boring" and the lady says, "yes, it IS boring, and so that's why you watch The Five - where we have accurate information."

OMG, that's such a bad look for them. They KNOW they suck, and they laugh about it.
bearister
concordtom said:

Find him and his GUITY.

Send them to St. Helena island.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
concordtom
More like

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.