Why Biden isn't my first pick

2,945 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by going4roses
wifeisafurd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anarchistbear said:

wifeisafurd said:

Anarchistbear said:

Biden is a placeholder like Trump. Both have failed and will continue to fail in dealing with the long festering major issue that plagues us- economic inequality. The reason is simple- both are hand maidens of our ruling global plutocrats. Biden has been at the center of every inaction and bad decision for decades.

If Biden is elected- quite probable- nothing happens once again and the Democrats "surge" ends. The House will revert to the Republican in two years and the Presidency in four. Reversal upon reversal just like the last eight years because the same people are always in charge and if it's one thing that unites left and right it is that our system is rigged.

Biden or Trump is not a choice- it's another waste of time.
I'm not sure who you are supporting, and I don't think you have looked at the other candidates too well if Biden is a corporate troll (same town attorney and in public service most his life). Do your due diligence.

Being president, or even just running for president, would dilute what the left loves best about there candidates (Sanders may be the exception) and also, perhaps, what you think the nation needs most from them.

The notion that Biden is some small town attorney or that you can be in public service and not serve corporate interests is pretty bizarre. Where do you get this stuff?

If that isn't enough the fact that Biden is the only Democrat candidate who voted for the Iraq War is reason enough to disqualify him from any office.

https://theintercept.com/2019/03/21/joe-biden-2020-hillary-clinton/

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2018/08/joe-biden-neoliberal-democrat-conservative-lobbying
Just to set the record straight, Biden was a public defender in that huge metropolitan area of Wilmington, and then partnered with another guy in a 2 man legal shop fo dcivicl work, again in that huge metro area of Wilmington. Then a few years after law school, he won the Senate bid and has held public office until completing his term as VP. You can look it up on Wikipedia, which is where I got that "stuff". Again, I suggest you start doing you're due diligence before spouting off.

When It Comes to U.S. Militarism, Elizabeth Warren Is No Progressive - In These Times: http://inthesetimes.com/article/21890/elizabeth-warren-war-military-iran-north-korea-venezuela-bernie-sanders

Elizabeth Warren and the Military Industrial Complex https://www.mintpressnews.com/shes-hot-and-shes-cold-elizabeth-warren-and-the-military-industrial-complex/253542/#.XWoMI4nzf54.twitter

I gotta say after reading about Biden and Warren in the nut wing articles I like them even more. I guess the question is will anyone electable meet your criteria? Due your due diligence.
Anarchistbear
wifeisafurd said:

Anarchistbear said:

wifeisafurd said:

Anarchistbear said:

Biden is a placeholder like Trump. Both have failed and will continue to fail in dealing with the long festering major issue that plagues us- economic inequality. The reason is simple- both are hand maidens of our ruling global plutocrats. Biden has been at the center of every inaction and bad decision for decades.

If Biden is elected- quite probable- nothing happens once again and the Democrats "surge" ends. The House will revert to the Republican in two years and the Presidency in four. Reversal upon reversal just like the last eight years because the same people are always in charge and if it's one thing that unites left and right it is that our system is rigged.

Biden or Trump is not a choice- it's another waste of time.
I'm not sure who you are supporting, and I don't think you have looked at the other candidates too well if Biden is a corporate troll (same town attorney and in public service most his life). Do your due diligence.

Being president, or even just running for president, would dilute what the left loves best about there candidates (Sanders may be the exception) and also, perhaps, what you think the nation needs most from them.

The notion that Biden is some small town attorney or that you can be in public service and not serve corporate interests is pretty bizarre. Where do you get this stuff?

If that isn't enough the fact that Biden is the only Democrat candidate who voted for the Iraq War is reason enough to disqualify him from any office.

https://theintercept.com/2019/03/21/joe-biden-2020-hillary-clinton/

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2018/08/joe-biden-neoliberal-democrat-conservative-lobbying
Just to set the record straight, Biden was a public defender in that huge metropolitan area of Wilmington, and then partnered with another guy in a 2 man legal shop fo dcivicl work, again in that huge metro area of Wilmington. Then a few years after law school, he won the Senate bid and has held public office until completing his term as VP. You can look it up on Wikipedia, which is where I got that "stuff". Again, I suggest you start doing you're due diligence before spouting off.

When It Comes to U.S. Militarism, Elizabeth Warren Is No Progressive - In These Times: http://inthesetimes.com/article/21890/elizabeth-warren-war-military-iran-north-korea-venezuela-bernie-sanders

Elizabeth Warren and the Military Industrial Complex https://www.mintpressnews.com/shes-hot-and-shes-cold-elizabeth-warren-and-the-military-industrial-complex/253542/#.XWoMI4nzf54.twitter

I gotta say after reading about Biden and Warren in the nut wing articles I like them even more. I guess the question is will anyone electable meet your criteria? Due your due diligence.

Joe Biden was a public defender in 1970 and to you that defines his political career from then on. He's still a "public servant". And by the same logic Hillary Clinton is best known as the founder of the Legal Services Corporation a non profit dedicated to economic justice and of course a public servant.

You voted for Trump and advise others to do due diligence. Do you even realize what a caricature you are? The " swing voter" who rejected Clinton because of corruption and now is shocked to find Trump has some heretofore unrecognizable character defects. And now dispenses more virtuous patronizing bull**** to us about what electability mean after voting for a game show host and con man. You aren't credible.
wifeisafurd
You know mistaking facts is not a great way to start off the dialog.

criminal defense attorney in 1969.
Civil attunet 1970 to 1972
Elected Senator in 1972

The rest of stuff is just ranting. Lot of people looked at the candidates, held the nose and voted one way or the other with two very flawed candidates. Trump's economic views lined-up closer to my own, and he was an unknown on foreign affairs and defense. Candidly, on defense, he lines-up better with your views than mine.

But the election went the other way, you would be whining about Clinton's hawkish positions on foreign affairs and we would have plenty of more troops in the Middle East fighting "endless wars". In retrospect, Clinton would have been a better choice just because we would have had a coherent foreign policy (but not to your liking).
Anarchistbear
I'm not arguing about Biden's record in the 1970's- you are. What he did in the 1970's has no bearing on my point which is that his election will be a waste of time in terms of reform. You've making the counter argument that people on the left shouldn't dismiss this man who is a virtuous progressive

As far as my rant for your support of Trump it goes to your judgment- if you couldn't see Trump for what he was- not just an ATM- I don't have any faith in your purported due diligence and your fake high mindedness

As far as Clinton and Trump's military policies they are pretty much the same save Trump's tilt to Israel. We're still fighting the endless wars.

You voted for Trump because he protected your interests- that's fine. You thought he'd keep his mouth shut and do what he was told. He did on some things but his loony rants damaged your brand- the " socially liberal/economic conservative man of reason." You defend Biden because you know he will not rock the boat and will do what he is told. You fear and attack Sanders and Warren because they might rock the boat and not do what they are told and threaten your interests.
Another Bear
I don't like the idea of Biden getting the nomination simply because he's been around for so long. He's spend his life in D.C. He's not just an insider, he's the top insider. It's like a default move or succession. He's a nice guy in the Uncle sort of way...but that's not a qualification and frankly while he's personable, not sure he's that sharp or smart, let alone leadership skills for vision.

In the past I've said I thought Uncle Joe would make a good transitional POTUS to sort of get the country back on track, get back to a normalcy. Well folks...normalcy has set sail and is long gone. Trump and his Nazi boris and swamp monsters have moved the needle to the far right to RWNJ, complete with triggering white supremacist mass murder.

Given normalcy is done and we can't get back...screw Joe Biden, vote for someone who can do more than just get us somewhere we think we should be. Vote someone in who can get to where we NEED to be.

I'll vote for Biden if he's the nod, not that it matters in California but I'd much perfect someone new with different skill set, perspective and life experience. Like how Obama brought a new perspective as a person of color and a different energy, vibe. He also raised the bar by being cool, collected and competent. He pulled out butts out of the fire..and didn't make a deal of it. And he made it look easy even as a workaholic.

Now we have a fat slob that is mentally unstable and a big lazy shtt.

I think it's time for a women and one that has smarts and an actual plan. Yup Elizabeth Warren. Plan might not be perfect but damn, at least it's a plan. I lived in SF with a woman police chief and a woman fire chief and two female senators...and W.T.F. the state or city didn't burn down and die. It's actually fine.

We can't get back to "normalcy" so screw that. Time for a new direction and new leadership.

going4roses
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/08/trumps-invasion-was-a-corporate-recruitment-drive/596230/
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.