For Veterans Day Monday: Every time Trump has attacked American veterans or military

1,657 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Anarchistbear
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://amp.businessinsider.com/trumps-insults-american-veterans-families-2019-10

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearNIt
bearister said:

https://amp.businessinsider.com/trumps-insults-american-veterans-families-2019-10

Because that is who he is. He a sniveling, narcissistic, draft dodging, human garbage can who knows nothing about what it takes to serve one's country without trying to make a profit. He knows nothing of making the supreme sacrifice for country. He knows nothing of the military families that support their soldiers.
bearister
" It's amazing, I can't even believe it. I've been so lucky in terms of that whole world, it is a dangerous world out there. It's like Vietnam, sort of. It is my personal Vietnam. I feel like a great and very brave solider," Trump said in the interview when Howard Stern asked how he handled making sure he wasn't contracting STDs from the women he was sleeping with." People Magazine

Cal88
The Bus Ins. article linked uses this kind of dense rhetoric to make its case:
Quote:

Trump has disparaged generals and decorated soldiers, including the late Sen. John McCain, his former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, and the former special counsel Robert Mueller.
The notion that you can't ever attack MIC *****s like McCain because they're veterans is totally ridiculous.

The irony here is the few times Trump comes up with good policy moves, like when he tried to pull our troops out of Syria and go against Forever War, he gets clobbered by the MSM and "progressives". Instead of actually supporting this, TDS Dems revert to viscerally supporting the neocon agenda and to lionizing scumbags like McCain.
calpoly
Cal88 said:

Quote:

Trump has disparaged generals and decorated soldiers, including the late Sen. John McCain, his former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, and the former special counsel Robert Mueller.
The notion that you can't ever attack MIC *****s like McCain because they're veterans is totally ridiculous.

The irony here is the few times Trump comes up with good policy moves, like when he tried to pull our troops out of Syria and go against Forever War, he gets clobbered by the MSM and "progressives". Instead of actually supporting this, TDS Dems revert to viscerally supporting the neocon agenda and to lionizing scumbags like McCain.

Two points: 1)attacking McCain because he was captured during combat is totally inappropriate. McCain put his butt on the line for his country while trump was trying to avoid syphilis.

2) Saying that the pull out from Syria was good policy just show that you have no clue about foreign policy. Why do you support policy that is crafted by dictators in Russia and Turkey is beyond me.
Cal88
calpoly said:

Cal88 said:

Quote:

Two points: 1)attacking McCain because he was captured during combat is totally inappropriate. McCain put his butt on the line for his country while trump was trying to avoid syphilis.

2) Saying that the pull out from Syria was good policy just show that you have no clue about foreign policy. Why do you support policy that is crafted by dictators in Russia and Turkey is beyond me.
Point 1: yes I agree that was uncalled for and a bit crass of Trump to do that. This being said, veterans shilling for the MIC should not be immune from criticism or worst yet, lionized just because they are against Trunp, at least if you're against Endless War.

Point 2: you're the one who is totally clueless on Syria, you're just absorbing and regurgitating MSM neocon policy points about countries and people you know next to nothing. I doubt you could have placed Aleppo on a map before 2011, while I have actually been there, and know many people from there. Syria is a former French colony. The US is making the same colonial mistakes France and the UK did in the Levant in the 20th century. See also Indochina...

Over 2.5 million people from Iraq and Syria died as a direct consequence of our regime change policies, the invasions of these countries, and the arming and training of jihadis there, which we have done. We've already spent trillions in tax money on those policies and now we want to redraw their borders and stay there forever, impeding the reconstruction of Syria, and further aggravating the migrant crisis in western Europe. It's not up to us to carve up countries halfway around the world and decide what their borders should be.

If you want to have a serious discussion on mideast foreign policy be my guest, but if the extent of that discussion is "Putin sucks" then I'm not going to waste my time trying to enlighten you here.
calpoly
Cal88 said:

calpoly said:

Cal88 said:

Quote:

Point 1: yes I agree that was uncalled for and a bit crass of Trump to do that. This being said, veterans shilling for the MIC should not be immune from criticism or worst yet, lionized just because they are against Trunp, at least if you're against Endless War.

Point 2: you're the one who is totally clueless on Syria, you're just absorbing and regurgitating MSM neocon policy points about countries and people you know next to nothing. I doubt you could have placed Aleppo on a map before 2011, while I have actually been there, and know many people from there. Syria is a former French colony. The US is making the same colonial mistakes France and the UK did in the Levant in the 20th century. See also Indochina...

Over 2.5 million people from Iraq and Syria died as a direct consequence of our regime change policies, the invasions of these countries, and the arming and training of jihadis there, which we have done. We've already spent trillions in tax money on those policies and now we want to redraw their borders and stay there forever, impeding the reconstruction of Syria, and further aggravating the migrant crisis in western Europe. It's not up to us to carve up countries halfway around the world and decide what their borders should be.

If you want to have a serious discussion on mideast foreign policy be my guest, but if the extent of that discussion is "Putin sucks" then I'm not going to waste my time trying to enlighten you here.
On point 1: A bit crass? I don't agree with McCain but I would not attack his service. I would attack his policies.

On point 2: Having visited and knowing people from a country does not make one an expert about the country. I NEVER said I supported neocon REPUBLICAN policies...I certainly do not! The millions people that have died due to the Syrian civil war is a tragedy and Assad is a brutal dictator but to claim that it was due to OUR policies is not true. And yes, Putin and Turkey have great interests in Syria and I'm sure they want to over throw Assad and bring peace and democracy to the region.
blungld
Cal88 said:

If you want to have a serious discussion...
Because of course Trump's approach to policy and his withdrawal and his letter to Erdogan and his tweets are all the "serious" ways in which this issue has been handled by this President. No long term plan for withdrawal coordinated with DOD or State Department, just a midnight call to serve Russian interests on their timetable.

Wanting the US to be out of Syria and THE WAY IT IS CONDUCTED are two completely separate points and you completely know that. And everything about how this was handled was a catastrophe and utterly incompetent and highly suspicious; you know that too. So just stop it.
calpoly
blungld said:

Cal88 said:

If you want to have a serious discussion...
Because of course Trump's approach to policy and his withdrawal and his letter to Erdogan and his tweets are all the "serious" ways in which this issue has been handled by this President. No long term plan for withdrawal coordinated with DOD or State Department, just a midnight call to serve Russian interests on their timetable.

Wanting the US to be out of Syria and THE WAY IT IS CONDUCTED are two completely separate points and you completely know that. And everything about how this was handled was a catastrophe and utterly incompetent and highly suspicious; you know that too. So just stop it.
Well said. It is only a serious discussion if Cal88 dictates the discussion.
bearister
Cal88 said:

...Over 2.5 million people from Iraq and Syria died as a direct consequence of our regime change policies, the invasions of these countries, and the arming and training of jihadis there, which we have done....

Your thoughts:

Whose War? - The American Conservative

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/whose-war/
B.A. Bearacus
calbearinamaze
bearister said:

Cal88 said:

...Over 2.5 million people from Iraq and Syria died as a direct consequence of our regime change policies, the invasions of these countries, and the arming and training of jihadis there, which we have done....

Your thoughts:

Whose War? - The American Conservative

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/whose-war/
I'll give you my thoughts as soon as I figure out what this paragraph means:

Israel suborned Jonathan Pollard to loot our secrets and refuses to return the documents, which would establish whether or not they were sold to Moscow. When Clinton tried to broker an agreement at Wye Plantation between Israel and Arafat, Bibi Netanyahu attempted to extort, as his price for signing, release of Pollard, so he could take this treasonous snake back to Israel as a national hero.
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
Anarchistbear
Veterans are Trump's biggest supporters- 57% approval.
BearForce2
BearForce2
bearister said:

Nazis falling out of trees, Trump insults veterans, see below:

The left as a group doesn't give a hoot about veterans. They hate them! Why? Because they hate the U.S.A. In 2019, if you support veterans, you are conservative because the left believes in a nutshell, the U.S is an imperial power involved in illegal wars that kill innocent civilians. The U.S. is evil, it always has been, it's in our DNA starting with displacement of Native Americans and moving on to slavery. This is what is taught in universities by the Vietnam generation. And yet, you want to say you support veterans. You can't have it both ways you sneaky hypos.

Anarchistbear
Veterans and their supporters are all snowflakes- all this "thank you for your service" bulls$it. Why should we thank them? They haven't been saving anyone's freedom since WW2- quite the opposite.
BearForce2
Anarchistbear said:

Veterans and their supporters are all snowflakes- all this "thank you for your service" bulls$it. Why should we thank them? They haven't been saving anyone's freedom since WW2- quite the opposite.
This is legit leftist thinking.

Anarchistbear
F$ck all these dope head veterans crapping all over city streets or shooting up communities with their PTSD fueled rage. Send them back to Iraq or whatever hell hole war they crawled out of- they don't belong here with decent people.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.