Why not hit Russia back?

3,311 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BearForce2
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wifeisafurd said:

Screw the light weight meaningless sanctions. This is all out war on our democracy. Why can't we disrupt their butts?

Because our commander in chief is one of them! He's not about to commit any friendly fire!
Tedhead94
oski003 said:

We should push to eliminate all types of voter fraud.

There are many ways for criminals to steal votes and change the outcome of an election. These include:

Impersonation fraud at the polls:Voting in the name of other legitimate voters and voters who have died, moved away, or lost their right to vote because they are felons, but remain registered.

False registrations: Voting under fraudulent voter registrations that either use a phony name and a real or fake address or claim residence in a particular jurisdiction where the registered voter does not actually live and is not entitled to vote.

Duplicate voting: Registering in multiple locations and voting in the same election in more than one jurisdiction or state.

Fraudulent use of absentee ballots: Requesting absentee ballots and voting without the knowledge of the actual voter; or obtaining the absentee ballot from a voter and either filling it in directly and forging the voter's signature or illegally telling the voter who to vote for.

Buying votes: Paying voters to cast either an in-person or absentee ballot for a particular candidate.

Illegal "assistance" at the polls: Forcing or intimidating votersparticularly the elderly, disabled, illiterate, and those for whom English is a second languageto vote for particular candidates while supposedly providing them with "assistance."

Ineligible voting: Illegal registration and voting by individuals who are not U.S. citizens, are convicted felons, or are otherwise not eligible to vote.

Altering the vote count: Changing the actual vote count either in a precinct or at the central location where votes are counted.

Ballot petition fraud: Forging the signatures of registered voters on the ballot petitions that must be filed with election officials in some states for a candidate or issue to be listed on the official ballot.
1. North Carolina
2. Trump and Kris Kobach's disbanded Voter Fraud Commission

Two points of thought for you.

On the anecdotal level:

1. You say you have first-hand experience with witnessing voter fraud? What was it? What did you do about it?
2. I live in Oregon and have moved to a new residence every year. Oregon is a mail-in only state. When you do not get your ballot in the mail you notify the County. Their token answer is that if you have not received your ballot within one week of the voting deadline you need to physically go down to the County office during normal business hours. They make you wait until that last week because they have limited resources and are expecting you to get the ballot no less than two weeks out. For me, I have not received a ballot in any of the first five years I have been living in Coos County (Im on my sixth). I have registered my new address with the DMV every year. The county seat is about a 30 minute drive from my town of Bandon. The clerk is gone during lunch and has admitted that people who have to move consistently often have problems getting their ballot because the voter roles are not updated with the DMV records consistently (she is the one that does this - there are only two people in the County Elections office - the clerk and the commissioner). . . . this means, in Oregon, if you move yearly and live in a rural county with limited services, you have to request time off of work to go down to the County Election office, wait through the line, and file the appropriate paperwork. The one year I was granted the time off to go do this it took about two hours.

Just food for thought. Not everything works the same way state-to-state, county-to-county. I would prefer we use our limited resources getting eligible voters better access as opposed to spending said resources that will make it more difficult.

Oh, and I did get my ballot this year since I bought a home and have been there for over one year. Finally!
bearister
When tRump and his sons default on their Russian loans, these boys are making a house call:

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearForce2
wifeisafurd said:

Screw the light weight meaningless sanctions. This is all out war on our democracy. Why can't we disrupt their butts?
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/15/us/politics/trump-cyber-russia-grid.html

Quote:

The United States is stepping up digital incursions into Russia's electric power grid in a warning to President Vladimir V. Putin and a demonstration of how the Trump administration is using new authorities to deploy cybertools more aggressively, current and former government officials said.

Quote:

"It has gotten far, far more aggressive over the past year," one senior intelligence official said, speaking on the condition of anonymity but declining to discuss any specific classified programs. "We are doing things at a scale that we never contemplated a few years ago."
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.