There's plenty of blame to be shared on the lack of medical supplies

10,016 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearChemist
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearlyamazing said:

Unit2Sucks said:

so long story short bearlyamazing thinks Trump is doing a terrible job but we should be happy about it because he says Obama did a bad job with H1N1 and that Obama didn't do enough to protect us.
What kind of idiotic statement is that? I listed multiple things that Trump's done wrong and your analysis is that I said we should be happy about it? How am I supposed to take you seriously if you can't have a serious discussion?

We were VERY lucky H1N1 wasn't more deadly. If we end up having just a small fraction of Covid-19 cases that we did of H1N1, we're in big, big trouble.
We were lucky that H1N1 wasn't more deadly but the federal government took it very seriously from the first day they knew about it and responded appropriately. Most importantly they didn't gaslight us about it the way Trump has done every single day.

Buy why are we talking about H1N1?

Let's talk about COVID-19. You've listed multiple vague and inactionable things that Trump's done wrong so please tell us more about what he should be doing and what you think his mistakes cost us? How should the government have responded to this pandemic from day 1 in your view? That's much more interesting because that will be the difference between 100k, 500k and 5M dead Americans.
GBear4Life
chazzed said:

You must have been in an isolated cave for the last two to three years, so I'll give you the cut-and-dried version: For putting thousands and thousands of lives at risk, through various miscalculations and falsehoods. (Also, his mishandling will lead to more economic pain than was necessary) Got it? Great.
lmao
dimitrig
Unit2Sucks said:

Not that often. They are nice people but Fox News has done a lot of damage to their worldview and they no longer have a firm grasp of reality. I would consider them moderate Republicans by the way, not braindead MAGAstani. For example, Hannity "isn't their favorite". They were Bill O'Reilly fans and I think they like Tucker Carlson now (although now that he criticizes Trump on occasion, it's hard to say). They think Jeff Dunham is funny, in case that helps paint the picture. The holidays are entertaining, they are mostly like any other grandparents who dote on their grandchildren. We sometimes have spirited discussions which drives my wife nuts. They absolutely hate when I ask them to apply their stated ideology to their own personal situation or that of their family (eg they hate Obamacare but have children on Obamacare).

I completely agree with your description of how the goal post moving will occur. I assume when we surpass Italy in death toll per capita they will say China and/or Obama.

They believe quite strongly in personal responsibility but never apply it to Republican politicians (or their children). In that sense they couldn't be more Republican.

This is my experience with my Republican family members and friends as well. They are the biggest hypocrites and are only looking improve their personal situation at a snapshot in time (today). They refuse to acknowledge their own past situations or the personal situations of their own friends and family. They vaguely acknowledge the future but only in the sense that they are afraid of making any changes to impact the future that will cost them something today.

Yogi02
bearlyamazing said:

The right is stupid and evil
Right on!
GBear4Life
dimitrig said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Not that often. They are nice people but Fox News has done a lot of damage to their worldview and they no longer have a firm grasp of reality. I would consider them moderate Republicans by the way, not braindead MAGAstani. For example, Hannity "isn't their favorite". They were Bill O'Reilly fans and I think they like Tucker Carlson now (although now that he criticizes Trump on occasion, it's hard to say). They think Jeff Dunham is funny, in case that helps paint the picture. The holidays are entertaining, they are mostly like any other grandparents who dote on their grandchildren. We sometimes have spirited discussions which drives my wife nuts. They absolutely hate when I ask them to apply their stated ideology to their own personal situation or that of their family (eg they hate Obamacare but have children on Obamacare).

I completely agree with your description of how the goal post moving will occur. I assume when we surpass Italy in death toll per capita they will say China and/or Obama.

They believe quite strongly in personal responsibility but never apply it to Republican politicians (or their children). In that sense they couldn't be more Republican.

This is my experience with my Republican family members and friends as well. They are the biggest hypocrites and are only looking improve their personal situation at a snapshot in time (today). They refuse to acknowledge their own past situations or the personal situations of their own friends and family. They vaguely acknowledge the future but only in the sense that they are afraid of making any changes to impact the future that will cost them something today.
Jesus christ no ideology has a monopoly on hypocrisy or ignorance or anything else. It's a human condition. It should be ridiculed, no doubt.
BearChemist
Our righteous poster barelyamazing was flexing his brain power in this thread.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.