Louisiana Church in Baton Rouge defying Governor's statewide stay at home order

1,143 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BearForce2
sp4149
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Right in the State Capital, Life Tabernacle Church is defying the Governor's order against large assemblies and has been holding services for over 1000 attendees. These are not just walk-ups as tthe church has used 26 buses to bring in worshippers.

"'Tony Spell, a pastor in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, says he will defy government orders intended to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The Oneness Pentecostal congregation met on Tuesday March 17, despite the declaration of a state-wide public health emergency banning gatherings of 50 or more people. Life Tabernacle Church plans to meet again on Sunday, setting up a possible legal clash between religious liberty protections and the state's authority to respond to a pandemic. (Since this statement the church has continued to host gatheirngs of up to 1800 attendees)

"The virus, we believe, is politically motivated," pastor Tony Spell told CNN affiliate WAFB. "We hold our religious rights dear, and we are going to assemble no matter what someone says."

Over 4,000 concerned citizens have petitioned the Governor to shut down the services.
But this is a deep red state that hosts Enthusiastic Trump rallies, so it is not a surprise that church-goers believe this a faux epidemic due to a politically motivated virus. Not even the Grump has suggested that Covid-19 is a politically motivated virus, although if he is not re-elected, I'm sure it will be declared by him that it was the world's
first politically motivated virus.

Evangelical/Pentecostal churches are big business in Louisiana; this is more than religious liberty, big dollars are involved in this confrontation. If the Church is shown to have contributed to the spread of Covid-19 by hosting these 'illegal' gatherings, should they have a liability for the resultant costs and deaths if any?
AunBear89
Natural selection in action.

The real pity is how many people outside the church these clueless holy rollers infect.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bearister
Well, either Jesus is gonna save'm or the Devil is gonna get'em.

As I have posted earlier, the Social Darwinism aspect of this pandemic will have a cleansing effect on the gene pool and a corresponding positive effect on national IQ levels. Fox News ratings will be on a graph pointing down.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
golden sloth
This going to cost the state a lot of money if they all start sharing the disease.

Revoke the tax exempt status.
sp4149
sp4149 said:

Right in the State Capital, Life Tabernacle Church is defying the Governor's order against large assemblies and has been holding services for over 1000 attendees. These are not just walk-ups as tthe church has used 26 buses to bring in worshippers.

"'Tony Spell, a pastor in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, says he will defy government orders intended to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The Oneness Pentecostal congregation met on Tuesday March 17, despite the declaration of a state-wide public health emergency banning gatherings of 50 or more people. Life Tabernacle Church plans to meet again on Sunday, setting up a possible legal clash between religious liberty protections and the state's authority to respond to a pandemic. (Since this statement the church has continued to host gatheirngs of up to 1800 attendees)

"The virus, we believe, is politically motivated," pastor Tony Spell told CNN affiliate WAFB. "We hold our religious rights dear, and we are going to assemble no matter what someone says."

Over 4,000 concerned citizens have petitioned the Governor to shut down the services.
But this is a deep red state that hosts Enthusiastic Trump rallies, so it is not a surprise that church-goers believe this a faux epidemic due to a politically motivated virus. Not even the Grump has suggested that Covid-19 is a politically motivated virus, although if he is not re-elected, I'm sure it will be declared by him that it was the world's
first politically motivated virus.

Evangelical/Pentecostal churches are big business in Louisiana; this is more than religious liberty, big dollars are involved in this confrontation. If the Church is shown to have contributed to the spread of Covid-19 by hosting these 'illegal' gatherings, should they have a liability for the resultant costs and deaths if any?
Update: 8,673 have signed the petition...
Yesterday they were trying to get to 5,000 signatures, Today's goal - " Let's get to 10,000! "

Of course yesterday the San Diego Sheriff declared gun shops essential services, but dentists and hair dressers are not. If you shoot someone, just say "His hair was long and straggly and his teeth needed cleaning, I felt threatened."
chazzed
If those photos are real, they are epic.
BearNIt
bearister
The CDC is now convinced that the 1000 plus worshipers at this Sunday's service at the Life Tabernacle Church in Baton Rouge, LA will be completely safe because.......

The Rev. Jim Bakker will be in attendance with 4000 cases of his COVID 19 miracle elixir which he will provide to the faithful for the 50 % discounted price of $750 per 12 ounce bottle.*

* Representatives of Rev. Bakker reported that he will use the proceeds from the church event to retire the debt to his two largest creditors: The product development firm that came up with the product's unique name; and the major stakeholder in his company, tRump Enterprises.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearNIt
That Pastor is going to get people killed. Sometimes God wants you to help yourself and show a little sense just to show that you are smarter than a turkey and won't look up at the rain and drown yourself, then he may step in and help you out.
sp4149
BearNIt said:

That Pastor is going to get people killed. Sometimes God wants you to help yourself and show a little sense just to show that you are smarter than a turkey and won't look up at the rain and drown yourself, then he may step in and help you out.
It's domesticated (born again?) turkeys that will drown drinking water. Wild turkeys are quite capable of fending for themselves.
BearForce2
AunBear89 said:

Natural selection in action.

The real pity is how many people outside the church these clueless holy rollers infect.
I thought you were referring to the gay community.
You can only dish it but you can't take it.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.