Drew Brees is the problem

3,557 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by concordtom
edg64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have always had a positive view of Drew as he kept the faith with New Orleans. He could have left that organization and City several times for more money and attention; but stayed the course. I was particularly impressed with the tremendous moral support and positive outlook he provided the City and state during the rebuilding after the Katrina damage.

But now, he has been exposed as an extreme racist and being the problem preventing the black community from integrating into our society. His support for the American flag is an overt example of racism .Drew completely missed the point that showing disrespect and distain for the American flag is a positive action to help bring the various segments of the American society into balanced harmony.

Various well known celebrity athletes, entertainers and racist-free sports talk hosts have made clear their distain for Drew. These are the same individuals that have refused to address the rampant vandalism and looting being done by their white and black Bros. Their silence has provided 'passive' encouragement to the those who feel that vandalism and looting are legitimate actions to police brutality. These celebrities that have piled on Drew and feel comfortable with damage to innocent small and large business establishments apparently feel that the looting is an acceptable action.

edg64
edg64 said:

I have always had a positive view of Drew as he kept the faith with New Orleans. He could have left that organization and City several times for more money and attention; but stayed the course. I was particularly impressed with the tremendous moral support and positive outlook he provided the City and state during the rebuilding after the Katrina damage.

But now, he has been exposed as an extreme racist and being the problem preventing the black community from integrating into our society. His support for the American flag is an overt example of racism .Drew completely missed the point that showing disrespect and distain for the American flag is a positive action to help bring the various segments of the American society into balanced harmony.

Various well known celebrity athletes, entertainers and racist-free sports talk hosts have made clear their distain for Drew. These are the same individuals that have refused to address the rampant vandalism and looting being done by their white and black Bros. Their silence has provided 'passive' encouragement to the those who feel that vandalism and looting are legitimate actions to police brutality. These celebrities that have piled on Drew and feel comfortable with damage to innocent small and large business establishments apparently feel that the looting is an acceptable action.

I apologize for my racial insensitivity
BearForce2
I knew it. This was all Drew Brees' fault.
edg64
BearForce2 said:

I knew it. This was all Drew Brees' fault.

You knew this, yet, you kept quiet. BearForce; through the years I have found your posts to be open and informative, but now, I'm hit once again. Your silence makes you 'compliant' with the current turmoil and an equal to Drew Brees' contribution.
Krugman Is A Moron
edg64 said:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/06/michael-thomas-forgives-drew-brees
okaydo

https://johnpavlovitz.com/2020/06/04/drew-brees-isnt-a-racist-thats-why-his-racism-is-a-problem/

BearForce2
BearForce2
okaydo said:

https://johnpavlovitz.com/2020/06/04/drew-brees-isnt-a-racist-thats-why-his-racism-is-a-problem/

Quote:

Drew Brees is a good reminder that perpetuating racism isn't just about bad people saying and doing openly racist things. It isn't just about egregious acts of violence or vile words spewed at strangers by openly ignorant bigots with Confederate flags hanging off their front porches.

I don't know about you but when I think about Confederate flags hanging off front porches, I think about Drew Brees. Bow down to BLM, it's time to pay up racists.

John Pavolitz is such an honorable man for writing such a timely piece to help remind Okaydo that his racism is infecting the institutions of this country.

BearForce2
And Lebron James is such a hypocrite for sending out that tweet criticizing Brees. I hope the Lakers lose every game
edg64
okaydo said:

Nice article. Why did Kap choose the anthem and flag as his preferred venue of protest?
Kap's kneeling during the anthem/flag honoring was to show disrespect to the 'establishment.
He knew his actions of disrespect would somehow , perhaps, irritate society to the point of creating a populace
that would feel empathy. Choosing to show distain towards the anthem/flag perhaps did irritate many.

Now, those who favored Kap's choice to show distain for the anthem/flag are now trying to incorporate
a damage-control scenario that it was never about the anthem/flag.
Sorry, but, Kap targeted the flag knowing it to hit sensitive feelings.

After reading the above article I now feel 'dirty' if I stand and honor the anthem and flag. I will have to stay out of sight to so as to not show support for police brutality.
Imagine my white-supremacy leanings if I should put my hand on my heart while the anthem is playing
Anarchistbear
Drew Brees is more woke than 100% of the *******s posting about him on twitter. Social media is a lot like the Khmer Rouge these days.
bearister
Anarchistbear said:

Drew Brees is more woke than 100% of the *******s posting about him on twitter. Social media is a lot like the Khmer Rouge these days.

...and with 99.9 % of those on social media being unable to explain the Khmer Rouge reference if you hoisted them on top of a pyramid of skulls and pointed a loaded gun at their head.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
GBear4Life
Sad none of the other star pro athletes stood up for Brees. I get that the average athlete can't because they're not that valuable, but other stars can.
BearForce2
BearForce2 said:

And Lebron James is such a hypocrite for sending out that tweet criticizing Brees. I hope the Lakers lose every game

BearForce2
edg64
Pro sports and the NFL do not deserve Drew Brees.
Pro sports has been transformed from an elite competition forum to a racial taunting forum.
blungld
edg64 said:

Nice article. Why did Kap choose the anthem and flag as his preferred venue of protest?
Kap's kneeling during the anthem/flag honoring was to show disrespect to the 'establishment.
He knew his actions of disrespect would somehow , perhaps, irritate society to the point of creating a populace
that would feel empathy. Choosing to show distain towards the anthem/flag perhaps did irritate many.

Now, those who favored Kap's choice to show distain for the anthem/flag are now trying to incorporate
a damage-control scenario that it was never about the anthem/flag.
Sorry, but, Kap targeted the flag knowing it to hit sensitive feelings.

After reading the above article I now feel 'dirty' if I stand and honor the anthem and flag. I will have to stay out of sight to so as to not show support for police brutality.
Imagine my white-supremacy leanings if I should put my hand on my heart while the anthem is playing

That's a pretty twisted framing.

You built into your assessment of the situation a whole lot of conclusions that support your end thesis. So you're both begging the question and NOT listening to what Kap says the kneeling means to him and why he did it.

Using a spotlighted moment to draw attention to a cause, and specifically a cause that makes us consider our national values, is not at all the same as disrespecting. That is an interpretation and effect it may have on you, but that is not the intent or how most thoughtful people read it. Why is it so hard to believe what HE says it means rather than creating a false interpretation that may only serve to justify your bristling at his cause or dismissing it out of hand--easier to manufacture offense than respond to the issue at hand of racial injustice?
Yogi3
edg64 said:

Pro sports has been transformed from an elite competition forum to a racial taunting forum.
He at least seems sorry. When we can't be sorry for our mistakes, we will never heal what divides us.
hanky1
American Hero Aaaron Rodgers, who blasted the inhuman and non-sensical CoVid lockdown, is the new Drew Brees.
Yogi3
hanky1 said:

American Hero Aaaron Rodgers, who blasted the inhuman and non-sensical CoVid lockdown, is the new Drew Brees.
But it'll all be Bernie voters' faults later when voters don't fall in line.
smh
groan.

[
whoops, inadvertent "groan" thumb-dial posted, after deciding to bail rather than going on and on about how hard it is to keep handles' back stories straight. LLs cypher for instance. clueless i'd briefest skim stuff before lumping it in with other out there (sorry) 3-dollar-bill Prof's this 'n that foolishness. sooo, again, neeverr-miind. (fingers crossed no quick as snot replies are waiting.)
tmi much? right.
]
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
GBear4Life
Malcom Jenkins joins CNN as Social Justice analyst (lol)

This f'n p*ssy was crying over Drew Brees' comments. What a clown. Will fit in perfectly with the beta activists Lemon and Fredo.
BearForce2
edg64 said:

Hey, what a difference a few months make. Drew Brees is being discussed as an all-time QB at ESPN, I guess in the eyes of Disney/ABC, he's not an "extreme racist" anymore.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29836388/battle-goats-why-tom-brady-drew-brees-matchup-seen-before

Battle of the GOATs? Why Tom Brady-Drew Brees matchup is like nothing we've seen before in the NFL

The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
BearForce2
You read the things someone like Drew Brews has said and compare it to Michelle Obama's statements regarding racism on her podcast and you realize that Michelle Obama is the problem.

The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
helltopay1
I applaud Drew for his initial comments. But, then, he caved to the pressure and proceeded to apologize not once, but, four times. Eve n his wife apologized. Look for all his living relatives and siblings to also apologize. If his dogs and cats could talk, they would apologize too. I know why he apologized. He has to really on his African-teammates to function at a high level for he and his team to succeed. our cancel culture is now approaching the rubicon River. One crossed, there is no turning back. This is going to get a lot worse before it gets better, if at all.
helltopay1
Michelle & Barack deserve each other. Michelle & Barack lie with impunity because they know their comments will be lionized by the spear-carriers in the MSM, Hollywood, and Academia. They get total cover because they are black and left. If they were white and conservative, they would be facing 5-20 in Sing Sing. Especially Barry----oops--I mean Barack.
drizzlybears brother
edg64 said:

Remind me again what it means to be a snowflake?
BearForce2
drizzlybears brother said:

edg64 said:

Those that have helltopay1 on ignore.
drizzlybears brother
BearForce2 said:

drizzlybears brother said:

edg64 said:

Those that have helltopay1 on ignore.

I put him on ignore because I didn't find him to be interested in a genuine exchange of ideas. His posts are belligerent and unoriginal seemingly borrowed from a single point of view without any sense of personal perspective.
helltopay1
Thank you Drizzly---I love you too.
BearForce2
going4roses
edg64 said:

Are you just saying that or you really believe it ?
concordtom
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.