White House aware of Russian bounties in 2019

10,351 Views | 112 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
calpoly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://apnews.com/425e43fa0ffdd6e126c5171653ec47d1

But Putin is tRumps penpal. How could this be?
Bobodeluxe
"Vlad, put a McDonald's in the tower, and it's all good. I don't know anybody who would volunteer to serve, anyway."

D tRump
GoOskie
Where's Comrade Bearfarce's meme stream when you need one? It'll help make the story go away.
This just in: Republicans find another whistleblower who claims Hillary's emails were proven to be on Hunter's laptop while Obama spied on tRump as he sat (shat?) upon his golden toilet. Gym Jordan afraid whistle blower may be in danger of abduction by aliens in cahoots with Democrats.
bearister
The Lincoln Project on Twitter: "Former U.S Navy Seal Dr. Dan Barkhuff wants to know if @realDonaldTrump is a coward who can't stand up to Putin or if he's complicit. Well, Donald, which is it? https://t.co/rZUsgSpDv2" / Twitter

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearNIt
bearister said:

The Lincoln Project on Twitter: "Former U.S Navy Seal Dr. Dan Barkhuff wants to know if @realDonaldTrump is a coward who can't stand up to Putin or if he's complicit. Well, Donald, which is it? https://t.co/rZUsgSpDv2" / Twitter

He's both. The families of every soldier lost during this period and every soldier with boots on the ground should be horrified and pissed that the "Commander In Chief" did jack **** to protect those that fight and protect those of us at home.
Yogi37
BearNIt said:

bearister said:

He's both. The families of every soldier lost during this period and every soldier with boots on the ground should be horrified and pissed that the "Commander In Chief" did jack **** to protect those that fight and protect those of us at home.
I wonder if former U.S. Navy Seal Dan Barkhuff (what a name) cares about the Lincoln Project taking everybody's donations and paying the consultants.
dajo9
BearNIt said:

bearister said:

Yes, but veterans overall will likely vote for Trump again in November. This is the leadership veterans asked for.
American Vermin
sycasey
Not Me - Us said:

BearNIt said:

bearister said:

I wonder if former U.S. Navy Seal Dan Barkhuff (what a name) cares about the Lincoln Project taking everybody's donations and paying the consultants.
Is this supposed to be controversial? The people who are doing the work are getting paid?
BearNIt
dajo9 said:

BearNIt said:

bearister said:

Yes, but veterans overall will likely vote for Trump again in November. This is the leadership veterans asked for.
Veterans will usually vote for conservative leadership but when a leader allows Russia to place bounties on the heads of soldiers putting their family members in grave danger by not responding to a $100,000.00 bounties, they will be pissed. Inaction by a Commander in Chief is what veterans and millitary families will find to be unconscionable.
Yogi8
BearNIt said:

dajo9 said:

BearNIt said:

bearister said:

Veterans will usually vote for conservative leadership but when a leader allows Russia to place bounties on the heads of soldiers putting their family members in grave danger by not responding to a $100,000.00 bounties, they will be pissed. Inaction by a Commander in Chief is what veterans and millitary families will find to be unconscionable.
And what response would you have liked?
smh
dajo9 said:

hell no. partisan grab from last month's NYT..
Quote:

Other Democratic groups around the nation are also seeking leverage with the military vote. "We believe that Trump's support within the military, with military families and with veterans, is soft and receding," said Jon Soltz, a founder of VoteVets, which has been increasingly successful in electing Democratic veterans. "Our plan for the fall is simple: We're putting together the most comprehensive data-driven veteran and military family get-out-the-vote operation the Democratic Party has ever seen, and we will deploy it to ensure Donald Trump is a one-term president."
rvn 68-70
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
BearNIt
Roxie Richter said:

BearNIt said:

dajo9 said:

BearNIt said:

bearister said:

The first thing is to have Captain Catastrophe actually read the daily briefings so he knows what the hell is going on in a country where there is a significant U.S. military presence. Next, I would let Russia know in no uncertain terms that bounties on U.S. servicemen and servicewomen are off-limits that any deaths attributed to Russian bounties will be met with swift and consequential action. That's what a Commander in Chief does when he is the kind of leader that the troops can count on. If U.S. servicemen are killed then a list of Russian targets that would elicit the same number of deaths that have been caused by the bounties would be presented and then choose the best target. Finally, I would hit the specific Taliban structure responsible for the deaths and rain hot **** on them so they never think about Russian bounties again and this includes arresting those individuals who are directly responsible for the American deaths. I think that about covers it.
bearister
BearNIt said:

dajo9 said:

BearNIt said:

bearister said:

I have a buddy that was a combat Marine in Vietnam. He is arch Conservative and voted for tRump in 2016. He now has a pathological hatred for tRump. My guess is he won't vote.
Big C

Aren't we being a little hard on the President this year? It seems like some people are dinging him for every single terrible, hideous thing he does!
Eastern Oregon Bear
Big C said:

Aren't we being a little hard on the President this year? It seems like some people are dinging him for every single terrible, hideous thing he does!
Alas, if it was only a single terrible, hideous thing.
Yogi38
BearNIt said:

Roxie Richter said:

BearNIt said:

dajo9 said:

BearNIt said:

bearister said:

The first thing is to have Captain Catastrophe actually read the daily briefings so he knows what the hell is going on in a country where there is a significant U.S. military presence. Next, I would let Russia know in no uncertain terms that bounties on U.S. servicemen and servicewomen are off-limits that any deaths attributed to Russian bounties will be met with swift and consequential action.
And what swift and consequential action would you recommend. Stop evading the question.
Yogi38
BearNIt said:

Roxie Richter said:

BearNIt said:

dajo9 said:

BearNIt said:

bearister said:

The first thing is to have Captain Catastrophe actually read the daily briefings so he knows what the hell is going on in a country where there is a significant U.S. military presence. Next, I would let Russia know in no uncertain terms that bounties on U.S. servicemen and servicewomen are off-limits that any deaths attributed to Russian bounties will be met with swift and consequential action. That's what a Commander in Chief does when he is the kind of leader that the troops can count on. If U.S. servicemen are killed then a list of Russian targets that would elicit the same number of deaths that have been caused by the bounties would be presented and then choose the best target. Finally, I would hit the specific Taliban structure responsible for the deaths and rain hot **** on them so they never think about Russian bounties again and this includes arresting those individuals who are directly responsible for the American deaths. I think that about covers it.
So your great solution for Taliban soldiers, who are already motivated to kill U.S. soldiers who are in Afghanistan (unwanted by their people), is to meet violence with more violence, kill Russian targets, incite a response from the Russians, and then keep trying to one up each other?

Here's a better idea.

Bring your soldiers home and stop throwing money into the money pit.
Anarchistbear
America's longest running war and the bipartisan Repub-Dem war party is now outraged that troops are being put in harms way via the usual mysterious intelligence report; so, the solution is to put them deeper in harms way for a cause nobody understands

Yogi38
Democrats and Republicans, working together. Mass hysteria!

LOL at the Democrats teaming up with Dick Cheney. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Unit2Sucks
BearNIt said:

Roxie Richter said:

BearNIt said:

dajo9 said:

BearNIt said:

bearister said:

The first thing is to have Captain Catastrophe actually read the daily briefings so he knows what the hell is going on in a country where there is a significant U.S. military presence.

You aren't being reasonable. Some of these briefings are a page long or even longer and with very few pictures! You can't expect Trump to slog through that. He's the President not a technocrat.
smh
Unit2Sucks said:

You aren't being reasonable. Some of these briefings are a page long or even longer and with very few pictures! You can't expect Trump to slog through that. He's the President not a technocrat.
cool. from waay back..
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/I%27m_a_doctor,_not_a...
dajo9
BearNIt said:

dajo9 said:

BearNIt said:

bearister said:

My prediction: exit polls show veterans support Trump over Biden in November.
American Vermin
bearister

BearNIt
dajo9 said:

BearNIt said:

dajo9 said:

BearNIt said:

bearister said:

Maybe but that support will be affected by Captain Catastrophe's cowardice in this instance.
Yogi38
BearNIt said:

dajo9 said:

BearNIt said:

dajo9 said:

BearNIt said:

bearister said:

Maybe but that support will be affected by Captain Catastrophe's cowardice in this instance.
I love how you keep dodging the whole "Maybe we shouldn't have troops there at all" point.
smh
Garou said:

> I love how you keep dodging the whole "Maybe we shouldn't have troops there at all" point.
there's an idea there somewhere.
BearNIt
Garou said:

BearNIt said:

Roxie Richter said:

BearNIt said:

dajo9 said:

BearNIt said:

bearister said:

So your great solution for Taliban soldiers, who are already motivated to kill U.S. soldiers who are in Afghanistan (unwanted by their people), is to meet violence with more violence, kill Russian targets, incite a response from the Russians, and then keep trying to one up each other?

Here's a better idea.

If you let Putin and the Taliban get away with this then they will be emboldened. How long before Putin turns his attention to the rest of Eastern Europe and then one of our NATO allies which we will have an obligation to defend? Sometimes you have to kick the **** out of a bully early before he gets totally out of hand. The only other thing that I would do is to hit Putin financially put the squeeze on him personally. The perception of the U.S. as standing up to Puty could go a long way in preventing future conflicts abroad. I do not take war lightly as I come from a family that served in the military for generations and has made the ultimate sacrifice in this conflict.
Yogi38
BearNIt said:

Garou said:

BearNIt said:

Roxie Richter said:

BearNIt said:

dajo9 said:

BearNIt said:

bearister said:

Here's a better idea.

If you let Putin and the Taliban get away with this then they will be emboldened. How long before Putin turns his attention to the rest of Eastern Europe and then one of our NATO allies which we will have an obligation to defend?
So you're saying the essential piece of making sure our troops don't get killed is to make sure we leave them where they're most likely to be killed.

Got it.

How about one of those NATO allies ask for help first before we start sending people to die?
BearNIt
Garou said:

BearNIt said:

Garou said:

BearNIt said:

Roxie Richter said:

BearNIt said:

dajo9 said:

BearNIt said:

bearister said:

Here's a better idea.

If you let Putin and the Taliban get away with this then they will be emboldened. How long before Putin turns his attention to the rest of Eastern Europe and then one of our NATO allies which we will have an obligation to defend?
So you're saying the essential piece of making sure our troops don't get killed is to make sure we leave them where they're most likely to be killed.

Got it.

How about one of those NATO allies ask for help first before we start sending people to die?
If you turn tail and leave then all the blood and sacrifice is for not, the perception of the U.S. is spill some blood and they will slink away. Soldiers know the risk when they join the military, they are willing to fight so the rest of us can debate things like this and sleep soundly at night.

On the issue of our NATO allies, when the U.S. was attacked on 9/11 they stood with us and went to war with us. We owe them the same if they were to be attacked.

I don't remember ever saying that maybe we shouldn't have troops there so I'm not sure what you're talking about. When soldiers are in theater we should be aggressive and do everything possible so they can do their jobs and if that means having to hit Puty and the Taliban with a big stick then so be it.

dajo9
We shouldn't have soldiers in the middle east anymore. Bring them home.
American Vermin
Yogi38
dajo9 said:

We shouldn't have soldiers in the middle east anymore. Bring them home.
Good thinking Lincoln
Yogi38
BearNIt said:

Garou said:

BearNIt said:

Got it.

If you turn tail and leave then all the blood and sacrifice is for not, the perception of the U.S. is spill some blood and they will slink away. Soldiers know the risk when they join the military, they are willing to fight so the rest of us can debate things like this and sleep soundly at night.

On the issue of our NATO allies, when the U.S. was attacked on 9/11 they stood with us and went to war with us. We owe them the same if they were to be attacked.

I don't remember ever saying that maybe we shouldn't have troops there so I'm not sure what you're talking about. When soldiers are in theater we should be aggressive and do everything possible so they can do their jobs and if that means having to hit Puty and the Taliban with a big stick then so be it.
All the blood and sacrifice was never for anything.

But since you think it's so important, I nominate you to go over there and show those Russkies a thing or two. Let's see you get some personal skin in the game.
bearister
" Soldiers know the risk when they join the military, they are willing to fight so the rest of us can debate things like this and sleep soundly at night."

A war not worth fighting and dying for by every citizen is a war not worth fighting and dying for (or getting physically or psychologically maimed for the rest of your life). Dick Cheney showed his agreement with this principle when he secured 5 deferments during the Vietnam War, as did Bush the Elder when he got Dubya into the Texas Air National Guard. No way Cheney or Dubya would have been willing to fight themselves or have their family members fight for WHATEVER THE F@UCK WE WERE FIGHTING FOR IN THE CRUSADES REDUX.
BearChemist
BearNIt
Garou said:

BearNIt said:

Garou said:

BearNIt said:

Got it.

All the blood and sacrifice was never for anything.

But since you think it's so important, I nominate you to go over there and show those Russkies a thing or two. Let's see you get some personal skin in the game.
If I were still of the age that the military would accept me and was called upon, I would serve my country that's why I registered for the draft and would not have taken a deferment. One of my biggest regrets is that I did not serve as my brother, 6 uncles, and my father did after finishing college. As far as personal skin in the game having lost an immediate family member and trying to console a sibling and their spouse is one of the most difficult things I have personally done. I have spent time with a few soldiers back from conflict zones and have attempted to mentor them to make sure that they are taking advantage of what the military has to offer in terms of education, their military careers, and later in their civilian lives. Those that are still in the military keep in touch while still in those conflict zones.

How about you, what have you done or are willing to do? Would you serve if called upon? If more people served there might be less war.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.