White House aware of Russian bounties in 2019

10,060 Views | 112 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearForce2
chazzed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's even worse than we thought:
https://www.justsecurity.org/71279/trump-pushed-cia-to-give-intelligence-to-kremlin-while-taking-no-action-against-russia-arming-taliban/
BearNIt
chazzed said:

https://www.justsecurity.org/71279/trump-pushed-cia-to-give-intelligence-to-kremlin-while-taking-no-action-against-russia-arming-taliban/
Captain Catastrophe is the most dangerous man to U.S. democracy. Another 4 years of him as President means the Republic may not survive as we know it.
AunBear89
BearNIt said:

chazzed said:

Captain Catastrophe is the most dangerous man to U.S. democracy. Another 4 years of him as President means the Republic may not survive as we know it.

Haven't you heard? The biggest threat to the existence of the Republic is NOT trump, it's removal of Confederate participation trophies and flags. Just ask Tucker or Hannity. Or GoldenOnenote and BearFarce2.
chazzed
As long as congressional Republicans do not upset 45, everything is rosy.
BearForce2
AunBear89 said:

Haven't you heard? The biggest threat to the existence of the Republic is NOT trump, it's removal of Confederate participation trophies and flags. Just ask Tucker or Hannity. Or GoldenOnenote and BearFarce2.
Quote:

We are now in the process of defeating the radical left, the Marxists, the anarchists, the agitators, the looters, and people who, in many instances, have absolutely no clue what they are doing

Nope, biggest threat is what Trump said in his 4th of July speech, the radical left, people who have no clue what they are doing.
Krugman Is A Moron
chazzed said:

Years of military gains?

I eagerly await hearing about all the bang for our buck we're getting in Afghanistan.
Krugman Is A Moron
Still looking forward to reading about all those military gains in Afghanistan.
BearNIt
What does Putin have on Captain Catastrophe that makes him afraid to confront him on the issue of bounties on U.S. service persons and the Russian supplying of the Taliban? He deflects the Jonathan Swan question by lying about Bush people thinking that it is fake news and starts to says that America did it while the Russians were in Afghanistan. This is our Commander in Chief?
Krugman Is A Moron
BearNIt said:

What does Putin have on Captain Catastrophe that makes him afraid to confront him on the issue of bounties on U.S. service persons and the Russian supplying of the Taliban? He deflects the Jonathan Swan question by lying about Bush people thinking that it is fake news and starts to says that America did it while the Russians were in Afghanistan. This is our Commander in Chief?
Years, mind you. YEARS of military gains.

chazzed
At least other leaders are still doing what they can to contain Putin:
https://apnews.com/978f1494313a545e6e7e568e5f9782bf
Yogi8
BearNIt said:

Garou said:

BearNIt said:

Garou said:

BearNIt said:

If you let Putin and the Taliban get away with this then they will be emboldened. How long before Putin turns his attention to the rest of Eastern Europe and then one of our NATO allies which we will have an obligation to defend?
So you're saying the essential piece of making sure our troops don't get killed is to make sure we leave them where they're most likely to be killed.

Got it.

How about one of those NATO allies ask for help first before we start sending people to die?
If you turn tail and leave then all the blood and sacrifice is for not, the perception of the U.S. is spill some blood and they will slink away. Soldiers know the risk when they join the military, they are willing to fight so the rest of us can debate things like this and sleep soundly at night.

On the issue of our NATO allies, when the U.S. was attacked on 9/11 they stood with us and went to war with us. We owe them the same if they were to be attacked.

I don't remember ever saying that maybe we shouldn't have troops there so I'm not sure what you're talking about. When soldiers are in theater we should be aggressive and do everything possible so they can do their jobs and if that means having to hit Puty and the Taliban with a big stick then so be it.
All the blood and sacrifice was never for anything.

But since you think it's so important, I nominate you to go over there and show those Russkies a thing or two. Let's see you get some personal skin in the game.
If I were still of the age that the military would accept me and was called upon, I would serve my country that's why I registered for the draft and would not have taken a deferment. One of my biggest regrets is that I did not serve as my brother, 6 uncles, and my father did after finishing college. As far as personal skin in the game having lost an immediate family member and trying to console a sibling and their spouse is one of the most difficult things I have personally done. I have spent time with a few soldiers back from conflict zones and have attempted to mentor them to make sure that they are taking advantage of what the military has to offer in terms of education, their military careers, and later in their civilian lives. Those that are still in the military keep in touch while still in those conflict zones.

How about you, what have you done or are willing to do? Would you serve if called upon? If more people served there might be less war.

So, you volunteer for the army yet or are you still just talking tough about COVID and Trump, pretending you ever had it in you to be a real warrior or are you sticking with just being a keyboard warrior?
bearister
Four American troops wounded after Russian forces RAMMED their vehicle in eastern Syria

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8667009/Four-American-troops-wounded-Russian-forces-RAMMED-vehicle-Northern-Syria.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8667009/amp/Four-American-troops-wounded-Russian-forces-RAMMED-vehicle-Northern-Syria.html
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Krugman Is A Moron
bearister said:

Four American troops wounded after Russian forces RAMMED their vehicle in eastern Syria

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8667009/Four-American-troops-wounded-Russian-forces-RAMMED-vehicle-Northern-Syria.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8667009/amp/Four-American-troops-wounded-Russian-forces-RAMMED-vehicle-Northern-Syria.html
They don't pay for wounds. Gotta finish the job.
Yogi38
BearNIt said:

Garou said:

BearNIt said:

Garou said:

BearNIt said:

If you let Putin and the Taliban get away with this then they will be emboldened. How long before Putin turns his attention to the rest of Eastern Europe and then one of our NATO allies which we will have an obligation to defend?
So you're saying the essential piece of making sure our troops don't get killed is to make sure we leave them where they're most likely to be killed.

Got it.

How about one of those NATO allies ask for help first before we start sending people to die?
If you turn tail and leave then all the blood and sacrifice is for not, the perception of the U.S. is spill some blood and they will slink away. Soldiers know the risk when they join the military, they are willing to fight so the rest of us can debate things like this and sleep soundly at night.

On the issue of our NATO allies, when the U.S. was attacked on 9/11 they stood with us and went to war with us. We owe them the same if they were to be attacked.

I don't remember ever saying that maybe we shouldn't have troops there so I'm not sure what you're talking about. When soldiers are in theater we should be aggressive and do everything possible so they can do their jobs and if that means having to hit Puty and the Taliban with a big stick then so be it.
All the blood and sacrifice was never for anything.

But since you think it's so important, I nominate you to go over there and show those Russkies a thing or two. Let's see you get some personal skin in the game.
If I were still of the age that the military would accept me and was called upon, I would serve my country that's why I registered for the draft and would not have taken a deferment. One of my biggest regrets is that I did not serve as my brother, 6 uncles, and my father did after finishing college. As far as personal skin in the game having lost an immediate family member and trying to console a sibling and their spouse is one of the most difficult things I have personally done. I have spent time with a few soldiers back from conflict zones and have attempted to mentor them to make sure that they are taking advantage of what the military has to offer in terms of education, their military careers, and later in their civilian lives. Those that are still in the military keep in touch while still in those conflict zones.

How about you, what have you done or are willing to do? Would you serve if called upon? If more people served there might be less war.
You volunteer yet?
Anarchistbear
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/u-s-commander-intel-still-hasn-t-established-russia-paid-n1240020

It appears this bounty story was another false flag. Shocking!

"WASHINGTON Two months after top Pentagon officials vowed to get to the bottom of whether the Russian government bribed the Taliban to kill American service members, the commander of troops in the region says a detailed review of all available intelligence has not been able to corroborate the existence of such a program.

"It just has not been proved to a level of certainty that satisfies me," Gen. Frank McKenzie, commander of the U.S. Central Command, told NBC News. McKenzie oversees U.S. troops in Afghanistan. The U.S. continues to hunt for new information on the matter, he said.
AunBear89
Anarchistbear said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/u-s-commander-intel-still-hasn-t-established-russia-paid-n1240020

"WASHINGTON Two months after top Pentagon officials vowed to get to the bottom of whether the Russian government bribed the Taliban to kill American service members, the commander of troops in the region says a detailed review of all available intelligence has not been able to corroborate the existence of such a program.

"It just has not been proved to a level of certainty that satisfies me," Gen. Frank McKenzie, commander of the U.S. Central Command, told NBC News. McKenzie oversees U.S. troops in Afghanistan. The U.S. continues to hunt for new information on the matter, he said.

Also Gen. McKenzie: "We continue to look for that evidence," the general said. "I just haven't seen it yet. But it's not a closed issue."

How do you go from that to false flag? That's quite the leap. I get that you have a similar contrarian gig to other Righties on this board, but I assumed you were a bit smarter than them. My mistake.
sycasey
Anarchistbear said:

"Not enough evidence" is not the same as "false."
Anarchistbear
AunBear89 said:

Anarchistbear said:

Also Gen. McKenzie: "We continue to look for that evidence," the general said. "I just haven't seen it yet. But it's not a closed issue."

How do you go from that to false flag? That's quite the leap. I get that you have a similar contrarian gig to other Righties on this board, but I assumed you were a bit smarter than them. My mistake.

You tell me how we went from White House is aware of bounties to.,,we have no evidence of bounties.
AunBear89
Ok. Whataboutism rather than an answer. You're no different than Yogi or GoldenOnenote or hanky or helltopay: when confronted with an uncomfortable question, deflect.
sycasey
Anarchistbear said:

AunBear89 said:

Anarchistbear said:

You tell me how we went from White House is aware of bounties to.,,we have no evidence of bounties.
It's there in the article: the CIA put it in a report to the White House. Military intelligence is attempting to corroborate but hasn't been able to yet. Different groups reaching different conclusions.
Anarchistbear
sycasey said:

Anarchistbear said:

AunBear89 said:

Anarchistbear said:

It's there in the article: the CIA put it in a report to the White House. Military intelligence is attempting to corroborate but hasn't been able to yet. Different groups reaching different conclusions.

Unnamed intelligence sources in the NYT article

"Spokespeople at the National Security Council, the Pentagon, the State Department and the C.I.A. declined to comment."

But actual named sources in the theater where it is supposedly happening have no evidence,

Yes, I'm saying the story was b$ll****
sycasey
Anarchistbear said:

And that hasn't been proven either.

It's okay to sometimes just say, "I'm not sure what happened."
Anarchistbear
sycasey said:

Anarchistbear said:

I'm not sure what happened is not a validation of a national story by the NYT. Their sources are not attributed- without hard or even soft evidence it doesn't hold up.
sycasey
Anarchistbear said:

sycasey said:

Anarchistbear said:

I'm not sure what happened is not a validation of a national story by the NYT. Their sources are not attributed- without hard or even soft evidence it doesn't hold up.
I didn't say it was validated. I just said it's not proven to be false either.
Anarchistbear
sycasey said:

Anarchistbear said:

sycasey said:

Anarchistbear said:

I didn't say it was validated. I just said it's not proven to be false either.

That's fine for you but not for the Times.
Yogi38
AunBear89 said:

Ok. Whataboutism rather than an answer. You're no different than Yogi or GoldenOnenote or hanky or helltopay: when confronted with an uncomfortable question, deflect.
That's rich coming from a dishonest actor like you. I can't believe they even let you near children.
Yogi38
Anarchistbear said:

sycasey said:

Anarchistbear said:

Witch hunt. Democratic hoax.
Anarchistbear
Garou said:

Anarchistbear said:

sycasey said:

Anarchistbear said:

Witch hunt. Democratic hoax.

Of course, where your "resistance" is to constantly yell " Russia" no matter what the question
AunBear89
Do tell. When have I been dishonest?

I can't believe they let you near sharp objects or operate motor vehicles.
Unit2Sucks
So people are taking the statement below to mean that there were no bounties?

Quote:

"It just has not been proved to a level of certainty that satisfies me," Gen. Frank McKenzie, commander of the U.S. Central Command, told NBC News.

Imagine if every allegation made by Trump or someone in his administration was made only after "proven to a level of certainty that satisfies" a General. That might be "beyond a reasonable doubt" or it might be some other standard, we have no idea. Needless to say, it's probably not the same as Trump's standard which is "anything that helps me".
Anarchistbear
AunBear89 said:

Your picture choice is more revealing than anything. One of your on line "friends.?"
Yogi38
Anarchistbear said:

AunBear89 said:

Your picture choice is more revealing than anything. One of your on line "friends.?"
It's a selfie he took on his flip phone
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

So people are taking the statement below to mean that there were no bounties?

Quote:

"It just has not been proved to a level of certainty that satisfies me," Gen. Frank McKenzie, commander of the U.S. Central Command, told NBC News.

Imagine if every allegation made by Trump or someone in his administration was made only after "proven to a level of certainty that satisfies" a General. That might be "beyond a reasonable doubt" or it might be some other standard, we have no idea. Needless to say, it's probably not the same as Trump's standard which is "anything that helps me".
Moreover, the original reporting was that some intelligence sources concluded that such a bounty program existed. That portion seems to be corroborated by other outlets as well: even the military officials who say they can't confirm the existence of the program seem to confirm that such intelligence reports existed (that's why they are investigating). So again, it's not proof that the NYT or other outlets falsely reported anything.

Were some of the stories written in a bit of a sensationalist fashion, leading readers to draw conclusions that weren't necessarily warranted? Yes, probably. In other news, water is wet.
AunBear89
Your point of emphasis is more revealing than anything. If you had any substance to your contrarian opinions you would make posts of some substance. Instead, you make pedo jokes. Can anyone say "projection"?
AunBear89
It's a picture of you this morning, crying in your Cream o Wheat when you remembered Bernie lost.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.