Every Senate Democrat just voted to block COVID relief bill

7,695 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
hanky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Coronavirus relief bill w zero Democrats voting for it. I thought this was the party of the people.
dajo9
hanky1, thank you for trolling us with Republican Party propaganda. You are certainly a useful mouthpiece for the Republican Party. Job well done.

You are correct that Senate Democrats support something closer to the version of the bill passed by House Democrats for $3.5 trillion in relief and therefore voted down the Senate Republicans proposal for $0.5 trillion.

I hope you are on the Republican Party payroll for your propaganda services.
American Vermin
hanky1
dajo9 said:

hanky1, thank you for trolling us with Republican Party propaganda. You are certainly a useful mouthpiece for the Republican Party. Job well done.

You are correct that Senate Democrats support something closer to the version of the bill passed by House Democrats for $3.5 trillion in relief and therefore voted down the Senate Republicans proposal for $0.5 trillion.

The House bill contained hundreds of billions of dollars to bail out cities like Chicago which were already broke long before COVID. Democrats using COVID as an excuse to pump money into their cities under the guise of 'COVID relief'.

I thought democrats are supposed to be against more bailouts.
dajo9
hanky1 said:

dajo9 said:

The House bill contained hundreds of billions of dollars to bail out cities like Chicago which were already broke long before COVID. Democrats using COVID as an excuse to pump money into their cities under the guise of 'COVID relief'.

I thought you were pretending a $0.5 trillion Covid-19 relief bill was legislation for the people
American Vermin
Unit2Sucks
dajo9 said:

hanky1 said:

dajo9 said:

I thought you were pretending a $0.5 trillion Covid-19 relief bill was legislation for the people
He's pretending he believes anything he posts.
BearForce2
https://www.npr.org/2020/06/24/882530458/democrats-vow-to-block-gop-police-reform-bill-unless-republicans-agree-to-negoti

Senate Democrats Block GOP Police Reform Bill

The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
hanky1
At least one D is speaking the truth

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/09/16/its-a-charade-its-stupid-freshman-ny-dem-congressman-slams-party-leadership-for-covid19-relief-shenanigans/
Yogi38
hanky1 said:

Coronavirus relief bill w zero Democrats voting for it. I thought this was the party of the people.
Fake legislators.

They could always write their own bill, but they want the country to suffer so that the Republicans get blamed.
AunBear89
Cite your sources, please. Or is this just your Bernie Bro hurt feelings talking?
Yogi38
AunBear89 said:

Cite your sources, please. Or is this just your Bernie Bro hurt feelings talking?
Well, that was easy
https://www.newsy.com/stories/democrats-republicans-refuse-to-negotiate-covid-19-bill/
dajo9
Garou said:

hanky1 said:

Fake legislators.

They could always write their own bill, but they want the country to suffer so that the Republicans get blamed.
Dems already passed a $3.5 trillion bill
American Vermin
Yogi38
dajo9 said:

Garou said:

hanky1 said:

Fake legislators.

So your position is the country doesn't need another relief bill?
https://time.com/5814076/coronavirus-stimulus-bill-corporate-bailout/

dajo9
Garou said:

dajo9 said:

Garou said:

hanky1 said:

Fake legislators.

You really don't know what you are talking about. Stuck in a right wing bubble and can't have discussion about what is actually happening in the world.

The $3.5 trillion bill is a subsequent bill. The House passed it months ago. The House Democrats are waiting for the Republican Senate to produce something.
American Vermin
chazzed
Remember: he's really against both parties. It just works out that the vast majority of his posts are smears of the Democratic Party. Now. At a time when Trump has highjacked the country.
BearForce2
chazzed said:

Remember: he's really against both parties. It just works out that the vast majority of his posts are smears of the Democratic Party. Now. At a time when Trump has highjacked the country.
Hijacked? Pay your ransom then.

The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
AunBear89
We are paying for it. Every day. So are you - unless you're a Russian Troll.
sycasey
Garou said:

hanky1 said:

Fake legislators.

Must be another Rising segment about this.

Yogi8
dajo9 said:

hanky1 said:

dajo9 said:

I thought you were pretending that the CARES act was legislation for the people.
Yogi8
dajo9 said:

Garou said:

dajo9 said:

Garou said:

hanky1 said:

Fake legislators.

You really don't know what you are talking about. Stuck in a right wing bubble and can't have discussion about what is actually happening in the world.

The $3.5 trillion bill is a subsequent bill. The House passed it months ago. The House Democrats are waiting for the Republican Senate to produce something.
It's not. You're wrong.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewster/2020/05/13/democrats-included-two-deeply-polarizing-proposals-in-3-trillion-stimulus-proposal/#1249eb474fbe
Yogi8
chazzed said:

The Democratic Party smears themselves with constant lying and voter suppression.
dajo9
Roxie Richter said:

dajo9 said:

Garou said:

dajo9 said:

Garou said:

hanky1 said:

Fake legislators.

It's not. You're wrong.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewster/2020/05/13/democrats-included-two-deeply-polarizing-proposals-in-3-trillion-stimulus-proposal/#1249eb474fbe
What's not? What's wrong?
American Vermin
Yogi8
dajo9 said:

Roxie Richter said:

dajo9 said:

Garou said:

dajo9 said:

Garou said:

hanky1 said:

Fake legislators.

It's not. You're wrong.
What's not? What's wrong?
3.5 trillion and 3 trillion are actually 2 different numbers. And SALT tax cap removal is only tax relief for the wealthy.
sycasey
Roxie Richter said:

dajo9 said:

Garou said:

dajo9 said:

Garou said:

hanky1 said:

Fake legislators.

It's not. You're wrong.
I'm trying to understand your point here. The House has passed a fairly generous relief bill. Democrats control the House, so of course it has a bunch of stuff in it that Dems want and Republicans don't. No surprise there.

The Senate has attempted to pass a less-generous relief bill (again, no surprise here as the Senate is Republican controlled) but thus far the vote has failed. The Senate has no relief bill of its own to send back to the House and begin negotiations between leadership on what the final bill will contain. So is your argument now that Democrats in the House should start negotiating against themselves and water down their own bill into something they think Republicans could support, even though Republicans have put nothing on the table thus far? Isn't this exactly the kind of thing you love to criticize Obama and the Democrats for doing during his term?
Yogi8
sycasey said:

Roxie Richter said:

dajo9 said:

Garou said:

dajo9 said:

Garou said:

hanky1 said:

Fake legislators.

It's not. You're wrong.
I'm trying to understand your point here. The House has passed a fairly generous relief bill. Democrats control the House, so of course it has a bunch of stuff in it that Dems want and Republicans don't. No surprise there.

The Senate has attempted to pass a less-generous relief bill (again, no surprise here as the Senate is Republican controlled) but thus far the vote has failed. The Senate has no relief bill of its own to send back to the House and begin negotiations between leadership on what the final bill will contain. So is your argument now that Democrats in the House should start negotiating against themselves and water down their own bill into something they think Republicans could support, even though Republicans have put nothing on the table thus far? Isn't this exactly the kind of thing you love to criticize Obama and the Democrats for doing during his term?
I love how you are completely ignoring how Pelosi keeps trying to remove SALT caps as part of so-called "economic relief"
sycasey
Roxie Richter said:

sycasey said:

Roxie Richter said:

dajo9 said:

Garou said:

dajo9 said:

Garou said:

hanky1 said:

Fake legislators.

It's not. You're wrong.

I love how you are completely ignoring how Pelosi keeps trying to remove SALT caps as part of so-called "economic relief"
1. This would represent relief to some group of citizens. You want to argue that it's not targeted in the right way, fine. Even with this the Democrats' relief bill is still far more generous than what Republicans are offering.

2. It still seems like you are blaming the lack of economic relief on Pelosi and Democrats because they put in provisions like this that Republicans won't like, above and beyond any criticism of Republicans for not passing anything at all. So again, you're saying you want Democrats to water down their own bill to try to appease the do-nothing GOP? Sounds like the Obama years all over again.
dajo9
Roxie Richter said:

sycasey said:

Roxie Richter said:

dajo9 said:

Garou said:

dajo9 said:

Garou said:

hanky1 said:

Fake legislators.

It's not. You're wrong.

I guess only Republicans are allowed to include temporary tax cuts in their relief packages. Some news reports say $3 trillion and some say $3.5 trillion. I guess that's because some of the numbrers are estimates.

Again, you are really reaching here to try to help Trump out
American Vermin
hanky1
Roxie Richter said:

sycasey said:

Roxie Richter said:

dajo9 said:

Garou said:

dajo9 said:

Garou said:

hanky1 said:

Fake legislators.

It's not. You're wrong.

The enormous hilarity and irony of the situation is that SALT caps is a tax on the rich!!! hahahaha Pelosi wants to remove a cap that hurts the rich.
Blueblood
hanky1 said:

The enormous hilarity and irony of the situation is that SALT caps is a tax on the rich!!! hahahaha Pelosi wants to remove a cap that hurts the rich.
What are you worried about.....you aren't rich especially when you hang around here all the time....now Golden One...he's filthy.......rich (almost forgot to add this word)
AunBear89
I'm not surprised that you are wrong again. SALT cap hurts Blue States. It places a cap on the State And Local Tax deduction on Federal tax returns, so it has a greater impact on residents of Blue states that tend to have higher state taxes.

But you just keep spinning so you can convince yourself Orange Man good, California Lady bad.
hanky1
AunBear89 said:

I'm not surprised that you are wrong again. SALT cap hurts Blue States. It places a cap on the State And Local Tax deduction on Federal tax returns, so it has a greater impact on residents of Blue states that tend to have higher state taxes.

But you just keep spinning so you can convince yourself Orange Man good, California Lady bad.

ROFL

Yes it hurts blue states. When did I say it didn't? Reading comprehension is important.

The lack of a cap benefits the RICH. Please refute that that statement. Being able to write off LOCAL property tax on FEDERAL tax returns means the feds are subsidizing housing for the rich in blue states. The cap is high enough that only ~$1 mn home owners will be effected.
AunBear89
Wrong. It hurts me. I'm not rich. ESAD.

(The utter irony of you calling someone out on reading comprehension. Complete lack of self awareness -typical GOP/MAGAt voter.)
dajo9
When are the Senate Republicans going to pass a Covid relief bill like the House Democrats have?
American Vermin
Unit2Sucks
hanky1 said:

AunBear89 said:

ROFL

Yes it hurts blue states. When did I say it didn't? Reading comprehension is important.

The lack of a cap benefits the RICH. Please refute that that statement. Being able to write off LOCAL property tax on FEDERAL tax returns means the feds are subsidizing housing for the rich in blue states. The cap is high enough that only ~$1 mn home owners will be effected.
Surprise surprise, hankyPhD got his facts wrong. The cap does disproportionately benefit the wealthy, but plenty of middle class people in high cost of living states were negatively impacted. That wasn't a coincidence. It was an intentional redistribution from blue states to red states. If you or anyone else cared about tax cuts for the wealthy, they could have argued against the reduction in the tax rates for people making above $400k or the repeal of the NIIT. Republicans decided to pick winners and losers and did so in a way that would benefit their constituents disproportionately.

According to the IRS, 11 million taxpayers were expected to be hit by the SALT cap. Most of the dollar value went to people making over $100k but that could be mitigated by making the cap higher than $10k. In New Jersey, a house with an assessed value just over $400k gets you to $10k in property tax and they have income tax as well. And unlike in CA, most places assess their houses regularly so real estate appreciation can knock a middle-income person into this category.
Yogi35
sycasey said:

Roxie Richter said:

sycasey said:

Roxie Richter said:

dajo9 said:

Garou said:

dajo9 said:

Garou said:

hanky1 said:

Fake legislators.

It's not. You're wrong.

1. This would represent relief to some group of citizens. You want to argue that it's not targeted in the right way, fine. Even with this the Democrats' relief bill is still far more generous than what Republicans are offering.

2. It still seems like you are blaming the lack of economic relief on Pelosi and Democrats because they put in provisions like this that Republicans won't like, above and beyond any criticism of Republicans for not passing anything at all. So again, you're saying you want Democrats to water down their own bill to try to appease the do-nothing GOP? Sounds like the Obama years all over again.
Lack of economic relief is the fault of all current Congressmen, Senators, and the President. Not one of them deserves re-election, but of course many just reflexively vote for the incumbent or on tribalism or on wedge issues.
going4roses
"Political Leaders"

On both sides ain't worth a squirt of piss

Most of not all of them from top to bottom need to go.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.