Every Senate Democrat just voted to block COVID relief bill

7,754 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
dimitrig
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hanky1 said:

Someone needs to come take their beating and drink their medicine re: SALT Caps

Look at this quote from Business Insider which cites a study by the Tax Foundation

Furthermore, the study concluded that if Democrats win back the Senate, therefore taking majority control in Congress, then the Biden administration will be in position to pass legislation that would remove the $10,000 cap on state and local tax deductions. This would help reduce the tax rates for high-income earners.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bidens-k-shaped-tax-plan-201403048.html

I thought you Republicans liked lower taxes. Should be an incentive to vote Biden!

hanky1
I can't be stopped

dimitrig
hanky1 said:

I can't be stopped

More like:

hanky1
I look good.

I can do this all day.

hanky1
hanky1 said:

Someone needs to come take their beating and drink their medicine re: SALT Caps

Look at this quote from Business Insider which cites a study by the Tax Foundation

Furthermore, the study concluded that if Democrats win back the Senate, therefore taking majority control in Congress, then the Biden administration will be in position to pass legislation that would remove the $10,000 cap on state and local tax deductions. This would help reduce the tax rates for high-income earners.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bidens-k-shaped-tax-plan-201403048.html

"hanky1 please stop it. You're hurting me."

No, I won't stop. I can't stop. I can't be stopped.

dimitrig
Unit2Sucks
LOL, h1 doubling down on his failure.

The 2017 tax bill made a lot of changes to the tax code. Some of them reduced taxes and some of them increased taxes (eg federal revenue). The government used increases in revenue to partially offset reductions in revenue. This is a pretty good explainer but it has a lot of words and numbers and may be difficult for tax illiterate people like hanky to understand.

Let me explain it like you're 5 and actually cared to understand things. The SALT cap increases revenue to the government of approximately $100B per year. Reducing individual income tax rates reduces revenue to the government of approximately $300B per year. Adding the SALT cap enabled the Republicans to pay for an additional $100B in marginal rates cuts (eg lowering the top marginal rates for high income earners) which was a boon to welfare red states who rely on federal subsidies to keep their states afloat rather than tax their own constituents appropriately. Republicans chose to stick it to blue state taxpayers to finance extra marginal rate cuts that disproportionately benefited red state taxpayers. I understand why this is difficult for people like hanky to understand but it wasn't an accident.

BearForce2
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/21/coronavirus-stimulus-update-senate-relief-bill-blocked-as-pelosi-mnuchin-talk.html

Quote:

Republicans in Congress argue Democrats have reached for an expensive wish list filled with many provisions unrelated to the crisis. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., has said Democrats are engaging in "all-or-nothing obstruction" as they hold out for a comprehensive deal worth about $2 trillion.

If I vote Democrat, can the Biden administration promise me a Rolex?
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
sycasey
McConnell is the one trying to kill COVID relief.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcconnell-urges-white-house-not-to-make-coronavirus-deal-with-pelosi
dimitrig
BearForce2 said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/21/coronavirus-stimulus-update-senate-relief-bill-blocked-as-pelosi-mnuchin-talk.html

Quote:

Republicans in Congress argue Democrats have reached for an expensive wish list filled with many provisions unrelated to the crisis. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., has said Democrats are engaging in "all-or-nothing obstruction" as they hold out for a comprehensive deal worth about $2 trillion.

If I vote Democrat, can the Biden administration promise me a Rolex?

Why not? Trump gave every billionaire a new jet.

BearForce2
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
BearForce2
BearForce2
BearForce2
BearForce2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.