The Off Topic Board is not a free for all

4,709 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by DiabloWags
BearGreg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Our conduct and posting policies apply here. No personal attacks, no intentional trolling and no inappropriate content

helltopay1
Dear Greg: Flagging 'personal attacks" is a worthy endeavor. i.e. calling another poster vile names, etc. if I were a moderator, I would even consider calling someone a 'racist, sexist, homophobe, white supremacist, privileged white, etc name calling because the intent of these name-callings is to stifle and end debate rather than to encourage and expand it.
'intentional trolling" is more difficult to define, because unless you know the persons' intellect, character and personality, how do you separate "trolling"from positions which are honest expressions of a persons' feelings, thoughts, policies and knowledge.?
In the final analysis, I do appreciate your site, and I will even try my best to hide my sarcasm and irritation from some of my tormentors on this site. helltopay1.
helltopay1
greg: How do I place someone on "ignore.'? Thanks
Yogi37
helltopay1 said:

I'll teach you if you take the Political Compass Test and tell us what your score was.
https://www.politicalcompass.org/test
smh
helltopay1 said:

not greg (duh), but easy peace-y: open any thread, click on miscreants handle (mine for instance), select a duration, and you're done:
> How long do you want to ignore this user?
> 24 hours One week Permanently Cancel

happy trails

trick: click on the icon to the left of a blocked handle's post gives a peek at post's contents
muting 174 handles, turnaround is fair play
BearForce2

Play nice.
The OT forum is a left wing bubble consisting mainly of delusional lefties who spread disinformation. Their favorite topic? Donald J. Trump. Their least favorite topic? The current president, Joe Biden.
concordtom
Yogi37 said:

helltopay1 said:

I'll teach you if you take the Political Compass Test and tell us what your score was.
My kids came to me with this last year. I did it.
Everyone should do it and post it in their Profile.
BearForce2
concordtom said:

Yogi37 said:

helltopay1 said:

My kids came to me with this last year. I did it.
Everyone should do it and post it in their Profile.

Everyone should also try to determine what gender they are.
The OT forum is a left wing bubble consisting mainly of delusional lefties who spread disinformation. Their favorite topic? Donald J. Trump. Their least favorite topic? The current president, Joe Biden.
concordtom
DiabloWags
Sadly, there is no active or consistent Moderation here.
It's literally non-existent.

I mean how many times have we seen a specific poster make unsubstantiated claims like how the "2020 Election was Stolen" and nothing happen with such a post?

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.