James carville

1,193 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearForce2
helltopay1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Carville famously said, 'it's the economy, stupid." He had a minor point. The truth, which 98% of folks incredibly miss is that you vote for the party--not the man. The man reflects the party. The man is the tip of the spear for the philosophy represented by the party. Republican Presidents, 98% of the time, do Republican things..Democrat presidents, 98% of the time, do Democratic things. Democrat's, clearly are the part of big government. Republicans, are clearly the party of free enterprise and capitalism. The "personalities" of the Presidents are of practically little or no concern when he/she is steering the ship of state. The great majority of politicians, pundits, authors, celebrities are hopelessly egotistical and are wedded to power as a means of controlling policy and people. So----if you believe in free enterprise, federalism, an original interpretation of the constitution, a strong military, minimum taxes, the second amendment, religious freedom, legal immigration, an insistence upon free speech, an insistence on law and order, you are a Republican., You therefore vote for thge republican candidate even if the candidate has three heads, seven legs and six eyes and tweets all day. He will do "republican things" 98% of the time.

If you are a Democrat, tge same is true. If Charlie Manson is the democratic candidate, he will do Democrat things 98% of the time. That is why talk of the "personalities of the candidates is so silly and totally misses the mark. Figure out which political philosophy you ascribe to, and vote accordingly.
82gradDLSdad
helltopay1 said:

Carville famously said, 'it's the economy, stupid." He had a minor point. The truth, which 98% of folks incredibly miss is that you vote for the party--not the man. The man reflects the party. The man is the tip of the spear for the philosophy represented by the party. Republican Presidents, 98% of the time, do Republican things..Democrat presidents, 98% of the time, do Democratic things. Democrat's, clearly are the part of big government. Republicans, are clearly the party of free enterprise and capitalism. The "personalities" of the Presidents are of practically little or no concern when he/she is steering the ship of state. The great majority of politicians, pundits, authors, celebrities are hopelessly egotistical and are wedded to power as a means of controlling policy and people. So----if you believe in free enterprise, federalism, an original interpretation of the constitution, a strong military, minimum taxes, the second amendment, religious freedom, legal immigration, an insistence upon free speech, an insistence on law and order, you are a Republican., You therefore vote for thge republican candidate even if the candidate has three heads, seven legs and six eyes and tweets all day. He will do "republican things" 98% of the time.

If you are a Democrat, tge same is true. If Charlie Manson is the democratic candidate, he will do Democrat things 98% of the time. That is why talk of the "personalities of the candidates is so silly and totally misses the mark. Figure out which political philosophy you ascribe to, and vote accordingly.

Except when the Republican is Trump. I'm embarrassed by relatives that still support him. I get it, you're a republican. But the guy is so divisive and such a cancer that he needs to go. I have no illusions about Biden. He just isn't Trump. I'm most sad that these are our two choices for our highest office. Another embarrassment.
LMK5
82gradDLSdad said:

helltopay1 said:

Except when the Republican is Trump. I'm embarrassed by relatives that still support him. I get it, you're a republican. But the guy is so divisive and such a cancer that he needs to go. I have no illusions about Biden. He just isn't Trump. I'm most sad that these are our two choices for our highest office. Another embarrassment.
Agreed. The political process in this country is so nasty that it deters many who may be great candidates.
The truth lies somewhere between CNN and Fox.
boredom
1. Trump is not a generic republican. He's taken over the party and changed the claimed belief system with that. Many of the other 2016 contenders would've fallen into the generic republican bucket.

2. Republicans don't actually push those policies. Free enterprise and capitalism? Trump is running a trade war and paying farmers billions of dollars to not farm because of it. Trump signed a multi trillion dollar bailout this year. GWB signed massive bailouts as well. That's not capitalism and free enterprise. If republicans really believed in that stuff then why not let the banks fail as free enterprise intended? Heck, keep going back to probably the first modern republican president (defining modern as post southern strategy and its accompanying realignment) - Nixon. Nixon instituted a freeze on wages and prices. These are real free enterprise capitalists.

The other parts are almost as funny as the free enterprise and capitalism claim (e.g. Trump believing so much in legal immigration that he's cut it in half).

I do agree that republicans market those policies. They just don't act on them unless its convenient (e.g. in the minority and a position is useful for being obstructionist).

Also, it's not a good sign when the sales pitch becomes "who cares if the guy we're running is awful, our party platform (which doesn't actually exist, but let's not dwell on facts) is one you might like".
joe amos yaks
I agree that the American notion of "free enterprise" is a joke. Both parties (Dems and Republican) are laughing all the way to the banks (that they bail out).

Let the banks fail.
Let the farmers grow and export.
Let European steel enter US markets duty free.
Practice free enterprise without guarantees, and a "protect me" I'm too big to fail attitude.
Quit subsidizing fracking.

"Free enterprise" as practiced in the US means guarantees by American taxpayers to reward big business failures. Loan "guarantees" (by American taxpayers) to foreign gov'ts to buy into another US program oppose country XYZ.

If you believe in that "free enterprise" (sic) you practice the dictums of Allen Dulles that big business is backed by a robust weapons industry, sanctions, regime change, political assassinations (aka "murder incorporated"); subsidies for failure (aka "seed money"), religious freedom only for Christians and limits on free speech, illegal government surveillance, you are likely a Republican or a Democrat.
BearForce2

I'm not sure if Carville isn't far left by now but liberals need to speak out more against leftism.
bearister
When I was channel surfing last weekend, I stopped at The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007) for 10 minutes and saw Carville playing the Governor of Missouri, Thomas Crittenden.

*When my son was at Santa Clara University, he took a class from Ron Hansen, the author of the novel that the screenplay is based on.

*Just noticed the late Michael Parks of Then Came Bronson and Kill Bill fame sitting to Carville's right.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearForce2
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.