Oh Gavin ... say it ain't so

8,287 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearForce2
BearForce2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AunBear89 said:

Hmmmm. More Falun Gong news sources. You really are clueless about how to find unbiased sources.

Or, you actively seek sources that affirm your far Right ideology. Yeah - that's more likely.

The lawsuit against the governor has nothing to do with the Falun Gong or far right wing ideology.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
AunBear89
The breathless reporting of it does.
BearForce2
AunBear89 said:

The breathless reporting of it does.

In that case,

https://ktla.com/news/california/more-than-50-bay-area-restaurants-wineries-sue-gov-newsom-over-ban-on-in-person-dining/

More than 50 Bay Area restaurants, wineries sue Gov. Newsom over ban on in-person dining

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-01-21/bay-area-restaurant-wineries-file-latest-suit-against-newsom-over-outdoor-dining-ban
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
AunBear89
There you go. Reputable sources. Was that so hard, Widdle Trumpkin?
BearForce2
AunBear89 said:

There you go. Reputable sources.
LOL!
sycasey
AunBear89 said:

Hmmmm. More Falun Gong news sources. You really are clueless about how to find unbiased sources.

Or, you actively seek sources that affirm your far Right ideology. Yeah - that's more likely.

Yeah, I had to go and look up what the heck NTD News was. Basically just another Epoch Times. Of course!
sycasey
Now here's a real thing to criticize Newsom for: CA now dead last in % of vaccines administered. What is going on?

sycasey
This article may provide a clue as to what's going on:

https://www.kqed.org/news/11856356/california-considers-prioritizing-speed-over-equity-in-vaccine-distribution-plan

Looks like too much concern about people "cutting" in line and who should get it first, rather than just prioritizing speed. My feeling is who gives a s*** if some people cut in line; every vaccinated person is a net benefit, and there will be more doses coming. Just get them out quickly.
smh
south bay stanf*rd medical offers free [late march] CV vaccinations to the general public, so long as you're willing to create an account on the dark side. bootstrapping took us an hour, including retries (slash many)..
https://myhealth.stanfordhealthcare.org /* apologies for spelling errors */

> If you don't have a MyHealth account and are in the eligible population [65 years min] you'll need to create an account before scheduling an appointment.

Anarchistbear
It's a mess because there are a patchwork of county rules, because major providers like Kaiser don't have enough vaccine for 75 year olds and are now besieged by 65 year old who have no chance for appointment s but clog phones for hours( right, phones) , because the necessity for follow up and documentation necessitates on line registration and verification which keep many poor and undocumented people away, because a lot of those in dire need don't have access to private care providers and only some counties have ramped up public areas. There should be free mobile clinics serving neighborhoods particularly in LA.

Still, you had months to prepare.
Big C
sycasey said:

https://www.kqed.org/news/11856356/california-considers-prioritizing-speed-over-equity-in-vaccine-distribution-plan

Looks like too much concern about people "cutting" in line and who should get it first, rather than just prioritizing speed. My feeling is who gives a s*** if some people cut in line; every vaccinated person is a net benefit, and there will be more doses coming. Just get them out quickly.
Absolutely.

When I hear about "appointments", I hope these are "mass appointments" and not individual appointments, because if they are individual, we're dooming ourselves to slow-going right there.

Look, if we were getting shipped enough vaccine (doubtful) and wanted to REALLY simplify things, just do this: Not much going on at airports these days, right? The vaccine comes in on a plane, gets unloaded to a nearby area where it is prepared to dose, then goes to another nearby area where people are waiting, with their sleeves rolled up. (They have just passed through a "documentation station" where it is recorded that they are getting vaccinated.) Commandeer the little airfields, too (Concord, Hayward, Half Moon Bay, etc.)

How many steps did that just save, especially with a vaccine that requires careful shipment with special cold storage?

This country can't get s*** done anymore.
sycasey
Big C said:

sycasey said:

Absolutely.

When I hear about "appointments", I hope these are "mass appointments" and not individual appointments, because if they are individual, we're dooming ourselves to slow-going right there.

Look, if we were getting shipped enough vaccine (doubtful) and wanted to REALLY simplify things, just do this: Not much going on at airports these days, right? The vaccine comes in on a plane, gets unloaded to a nearby area where it is prepared to dose, then goes to another nearby area where people are waiting, with their sleeves rolled up. (They have just passed through a "documentation station" where it is recorded that they are getting vaccinated.) Commandeer the little airfields, too (Concord, Hayward, Half Moon Bay, etc.)

How many steps did that just save, especially with a vaccine that requires careful shipment with special cold storage?

This country can't get s*** done anymore.

I really hope the new administration can help states coordinate this better. The hodge podge approach isn't working.
Anarchistbear
Newsom cancels Covid stay at home orders. Localities still have power to enforce different restrictions locally.

He actually said: ". We can see real light ar the end of the tunnel, " a statement which would cause anyone of a certain age and time to laugh out loud.
sycasey
Anarchistbear said:

Newsom cancels Covid stay at home orders. Localities still have power to enforce different restrictions locally.

He actually said: ". We can see real light ar the end of the tunnel, " a statement which would cause anyone of a certain age and time to laugh out loud.
My most left-leaning friends are upset about this, claim it will cause more deaths. It does, however, kind of disprove the idea that Newsom was performing a fascist takeover of our state government as the most right-leaning folks on this board would like to claim.

Personally, I'm not sure if it's the right call. I mean, eventually it would have to happen for sure. We seem to be past the peak of the winter surge, and numbers should start to come down now that the vaccine is being distributed and the weather will start to get warmer. But the numbers are still quite high when compared to the previous high, so it might be too early.

Of course, counties can also maintain restrictions as they see fit, so maybe it's not that big a deal.
LMK5
sycasey said:

Anarchistbear said:

My most left-leaning friends are upset about this, claim it will cause more deaths. It does, however, kind of disprove the idea that Newsom was performing a fascist takeover of our state government as the most right-leaning folks on this board would like to claim.

Personally, I'm not sure if it's the right call. I mean, eventually it would have to happen for sure. We seem to be past the peak of the winter surge, and numbers should start to come down now that the vaccine is being distributed and the weather will start to get warmer. But the numbers are still quite high when compared to the previous high, so it might be too early.

Of course, counties can also maintain restrictions as they see fit, so maybe it's not that big a deal.
sy, it's much less complicated than all that. He's got 1.2 million reasons to carefully review the situation LOL.
The truth lies somewhere between CNN and Fox.
Anarchistbear
LMK5 said:

sycasey said:

Anarchistbear said:

sy, it's much less complicated than all that. He's got 1.2 million reasons to carefully review the situation LOL.

I don't know he's worried about being recalled- 1.2 million is a pretty low bar. I think he's given up. First of all he lost whatever moral leadership he had with the French Laundry escapade. Secondly in a capitalist society with no social nets and no social solidarity you can't forcibly separate people from capital- e.g. stay at home and be ruined; go out and work and die. The people most in favor of lockdowns are the ones that never go out because they can work at home and all is the same. They just make moral pronouncements.
sycasey
Anarchistbear said:

LMK5 said:

sycasey said:

Anarchistbear said:

I don't know he's worried about being recalled- 1.2 million is a pretty low bar. I think he's given up. First of all he lost whatever moral leadership he had with the French Laundry escapade. Secondly in a capitalist society with no social nets and no social solidarity you can't forcibly separate people from capital- e.g. stay at home and be ruined; go out and work and die. The people most in favor of lockdowns are the ones that never go out because they can work at home and all is the same. They just make moral pronouncements.
Ideally the state would be able to pay people to stay home and businesses to stay closed. But states don't have the budgets for that wide a safety net; you need federal support for that.
BearForce2
sycasey
BearForce2 said:

In Graph 1 the numbers are going up and in Graph 2 they are falling.
golden sloth
There has also been a massively ramped up vaccination system. Over the last three days California vaccinated approximately 205k, 191k, and 246k people. With a total of 2.4 million people having been vaccinated, that means a quarter of all vaccinations occurred in the last three days. Obviously, opening the vaccinations up to the under 65 bracket helped people like my parents get their first dose over the weekend.

Also, the percentage of positive tests has been on a steep decline since mid-January (aka since the holiday super spreader events.
BearForce2
sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

How do you read this graph?
sycasey
BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

How do you read this graph?

The mail-in ballots were counted last, as the Republican legislature in Wisconsin ensured they would be by refusing to let those votes be counted earlier. Since Democrats were encouraged to vote by mail and Republicans were encouraged (by Trump) to vote in person, this late swing in the count was highly predictable.

Here's an article from before the election predicting it:
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/beware-blue-mirage-red-mirage-election-night-n1245925

Here's another one:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/30/politics/red-blue-mirage-election-results/index.html

And another:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-mirage-explainer-idUSKBN2771CL
BearForce2

Left wing nuts are still nutty. No change, nothing new.
Econ For Dummies
BearForce2 said:

Nice to have the Cherokee opinion on the matter.
calbear93
SFBear92 said:

BearForce2 said:

One of the issues Newsom has is that he is viewed as an inauthentic politician. I personally like him and that he just made a stupid mistake but someone who comes across as even more inauthentic promoting him is not helping his cause. No one who is going against Newsom was doing so because they were uncertain where Warren stood on the recall efforts.
sycasey
calbear93 said:

SFBear92 said:

BearForce2 said:

One of the issues Newsom has is that he is viewed as an inauthentic politician. I personally like him and that he just made a stupid mistake but someone who comes across as even more inauthentic promoting him is not helping his cause. No one who is going against Newsom was doing so because they were uncertain where Warren stood on the recall efforts.

Yeah, I'm not sure why a Senator from Massachusetts needs to comment on California state politics.
helltopay1
I'm bummed because Gavin just gave French Laundries a bad name. my grandfather owned the biggest French Laundry in San Francisco for 50 years. He started out with horse buggies. SF was a desirable city in those days. Crime was so rare it sometimes made the front page. The City began going south around 1975 and continues to circle the drain. I never met Gavin but I personally knew all thge other Newsoms growing up...William Newsom taught me how to play basketball.
I also knew all the Pelosi family members. The Newsom and the Pelosi family were tight---still are---Barbara Newsom married Ron Pelosi. Paul Pelosi, Nancys husband, played on the same basketball team with me in 1952. Never met Nancy dearest. She hailed from Baltimore where father was the mayor. He cooperated with the authorities, and, as a result, was never indicted for mob-related activities. Just a little SF history for your dining snd dancing pleasure.
helltopay1
Hello-----I'm Liz Warren and I'm a Cherokee Indian....Well...maybe not, but, I would like to be. Hey...it was an honest mistake....my great-grandfather had high cheekbones.....Anybody could have made that mistake. And, according to my private DNBA lab, I am a direct descendant from the Virgin Mary. The proof is that I wear a lot of pale blue dresses with a white top. Recall aside, Gavin is toast politically. Every Guv aspires to be President some day. He is now radioactive. Ditto Andrew. I want Andrew to hang around. The longer he hangs one, the greater embarrassment to both the Demo party and the MSM which promoted him favorably while thge Orange man was president. he was the perfect foil. Now he is no longer needed...hang on Andy baby..hang on......
BearForce2
helltopay1 said:

Hello-----I'm Liz Warren and I'm a Cherokee Indian....Well...maybe not, but, I would like to be. Hey...it was an honest mistake....my great-grandfather had high cheekbones.....Anybody could have made that mistake. And, according to my private DNBA lab, I am a direct descendant from the Virgin Mary. The proof is that I wear a lot of pale blue dresses with a white top. Recall aside, Gavin is toast politically. Every Guv aspires to be President some day. He is now radioactive. Ditto Andrew. I want Andrew to hang around. The longer he hangs one, the greater embarrassment to both the Demo party and the MSM which promoted him favorably while thge Orange man was president. he was the perfect foil. Now he is no longer needed...hang on Andy baby..hang on......

Speaking of great embarrassment, what about characters like Schumer, Schiff, and of course, Pelosi? They are lunatics and the media gives them a free pass.

Econ For Dummies
BearForce2 said:

helltopay1 said:

Speaking of great embarrassment, what about characters like Schumer, Schiff, and of course, Pelosi? They are lunatics and the media gives them a free pass.
Lunatics? No.

Grifters who take advantage of the system every bit as much as McConnell, Nunes, and of course McCarthy?
Yes. All that changes is how they tailor their message to their supporters, but the end result is the same.

More war. More shipping jobs overseas. Fewer quality jobs. More money for Wall Street.

That part is 100% bi-partisan.
Anarchistbear
SFBear92 said:

BearForce2 said:

Russians and White Supremacists dominating the Golden State
BearForce2
BearForce2

PG&E, Fire, Gavin Newsom, and the French Laundry connection.
wifeisafurd
Expect to hear the name Tom Garardi attached to Newsom soon - a lot. He did what will be a very bad interview before Garardi's scandals started to break.
BearForce2

The clowns running the state aren't held accountable by the clowns in their own party.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.