cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,275,714 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HoopDreams
[SIZE=4]Congratulations to [COLOR="#0000CD"]Caleb Swanigan[/COLOR] and the Homestead High for winning the Indiana State Championship[/SIZE]

NewYorkCityBear
Shocky is the ambitious prep high school reporter for the BearInsider, he does a solid job covering his beat

but the dude has zero inside information re: ivan rabb & cal basketball...for hysterical cal fans (particularly those living in tuscon) that are making misinformed posts, let me repeat, the guy doesn't know ****

Shocky basically takes 50 images from Google search, then blindly picks one of the pictures & then puts it out there as inside information...the monster thread adds a view, mission accomplished

after the entire internet realized that Ivan Rabb was committing to Cal while he was at some EDM show with a bunch of teenage girls, Shocky stated that Joe Davidson was making up stories about Ivan Rabb even when the rest of the twitterverse was saying exactly the same thing...he had zero facts then too...it will probably be gone within a couple of days and replaced with a picture of some girl in a bikini

ivan may or may announce his college decision today but trust me, Shocky has no clue...but i would trust Shocky on his take of what 15 year old girls think of Phantogram.

Shocky1

caleb swanigan scored 20 points along with 14 rebounds as the homestead spartans (31-2) in their 1st ever state finals won a dramatic indiana state title 91-90 in an overtime thrillah over the top ranked evansville reitz panthers

big sauce is driving tonite with his guardian roosevelt barnes to chicago for the mcdonalds all america game's 1st practice tomorrow, nothing better than driving late at nite with those that are close to you

congrats caleb, you have never take the easy path in life

shine bright#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=7]Congratulations to [COLOR="#0000CD"]Ivan Rabb [/COLOR]and the Bishop O'Dowd Dragons on winning the California State Championship[/SIZE]

[SIZE=7]BABY![/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842464438 said:

ok, i don't think chapman & nycbear are making solid fashion outfit choices, they can do better than that...pretty sure the cat is kinda unhappy about viewing such as "an embarrassing line up"

these dudes have obviously never been to fashion week in milan...i dunno, maybe they could get matching manbags or something

what not to wear#

nybear, shay & taylor are confused why you are still reading this thread when you said you were going to ignore the monster thread in the future?

it's one thing to be hysterical & misinformed most of the time but aren't you a poorly dressed guy of your word?
HoopDreams
[COLOR="#0000FF"][SIZE=5][video][/video][/SIZE][/COLOR]

19 points, 20 rebounds, and 3 blocks....and one clutch free throw
Shocky1

ivan rabb drained a california state open championship winning ice in his veins heroic free throw with .08 of a second left in a fairytale ending along with 19 points & 20 boards as lou richie's bishop o'dowd dragons fireballed 65-64 southern california's mater dei monarchs for the oakland high school's 1st state championship since 1981 on pete newell floor of haas pavilion in an epic game for the ages on a spring evening in the bay area

make no mistake about it, oakland is gonna be the midnight city

Bobodeluxe
Shocky1;842474164 said:

nybear, shay & taylor are confused why you are still reading this thread when you said you were going to ignore the monster thread in the future?

it's one thing to be hysterical & misinformed most of the time but aren't you a poorly dressed guy of your word?

I see that the cat is STILL in that nasty straight jacket.
tommie317
Shocky1;842474192 said:

ivan rabb drained a california state open championship winning ice in his veins heroic free throw with .08 of a second left in a fairytale ending along with 19 points & 20 boards as lou richie's bishop o'dowd dragons fireballed 65-64 southern california's mater dei monarchs for the oakland high school's 1st state championship since 1981 on pete newell floor of haas pavilion in an epic game for the ages on a spring evening in the bay areamake no mistake about it, oakland is gonna be the midnight city
That's San Francisco?
Shocky1
tommie317;842474201 said:

That's San Francisco?

tommie, i'm not gonna lie to you, shaylor (my it department) have grown up in north scottsdale & while they have visited the bay area extensively they don't totally get the geography of the bay area

i still love both of them but they are gonna miss not having any cell service & walking to high school for the next 2 months
Shocky1
Shocky1;842473849 said:

joe davidson is the ambitious prep high school reporter for the sacramento bee, he does a solid job covering his beat

but the dude has zero inside information re: ivan rabb & cal basketball...for hysterical cal fans (particularly those living in new york) that are making misinformed posts, let me repeat, the guy doesn't know ****

joe davidson basically takes 50/50 situations, then blindly picks one of the scenarios & then puts it out there as inside information...his twitter account blows up, mission accomplished

after the oregon state game a few years ago, davidson stated that athletic director sandy barbour was gonna retain jeff tedford...he had zero facts then too...jt was gone within a couple of days

ivan may or may announce his college decision today but trust me, joe davidson has no clue...but i would trust joe on his take of the folsom bulldogs girls junior varsity field hockey's current season

recent twitter from barnum & bailey's joe davidson (who in all fairness has helped generate significant additional interest in today's state championship games)

"ivan rabb didn't announce his college decision but did say the electric energy of bay area fans rooting helps cal cause"

got it, good to know
Shocky1

what's up with cal guys being attracted to brunettes?

mark my words, ivan rabb is gonna marry an egyptian...don't tell nobody but joe davidson told me that
Shocky1
"the way the game ended, you couldn't have written a story better than this...it's not about me, it's about my teammates...they pushed me to get to this point, we pushed each other and i'm just thankful"
-humble & gracious young ivee
Shocky1
[video=youtube;2dyjOh6FfHk][/video]
set the volume to full blast to best experience the magic of haas pavilion

"i could definitely feel the energy...there's nothing but love out here and i can't explain it"
-ivan rabb

i dunno, maybe haas is ivan's palace too

HoopDreams
Congratulations to the Bishop O'Dowd Dragons for beating the four-time defending state champions Mater Dei for the 2015 California State Championship

O'Dowd was lead by [COLOR="#0000CD"]Ivan Rabb[/COLOR] and [COLOR="#0000CD"]Paris Austin[/COLOR], and Varsity Head Coach [COLOR="#0000CD"]Lou Richie[/COLOR]

[video=youtube;4B-lQKnEuvo][/video]
bearmanpg
I was able to attend most of the High School State Championship games the last two days. Some of the most entertaining basketball I have watched in a while. 4 double OT games and an OT game for the Open Division championship. Incredible energy in Haas......saw several Cal recruits on display....I had seen Ivan Rabb on numerous occasions but this was a special game for him and his teammates. Ivan dominated M.J. Cage (6'10" son of ex-NBAer Michael Cage) and showed off his incredible motor as well as his drive to win....another potential Bear I saw was Devearl Ramsey from Sierra Canyon...he is a REAL point guard with facilitate first instincts....incredible speed with the ball, really pushes the pace up court, kind of small at about 5'10" but has a strong frame and seemed to be able to stay in front of his opponent (although the opposition was inferior)...good form on his outside shot, I remember him hitting at least 1 three pointer....very athletic and bouncy....Another kid I think might be worth a look at is sophmore Sebastian Much from Mitty High in San Jose. He is 6'7" and can really shoot the three ball, hit one from NBA range with 2 guys on him to force the overtime period. Keith Smith from San Ramon Valley may deserve a look also....
Shocky1
Shocky1;842468789 said:

https://vimeo.com/45797764

"i tell him 'don't let basketball define you...don't let it be your identity'...you see guys like magic johnson who have such an impact in the community...i think he can do great things in a community like oakland"
-lou richie re: young ivee

check out this outstanding article by mitch stephens re: the 4 montera prep middle school standouts that beat the odds & earned d1 scholarships as bishop o'dowd student athletes...these 4 students athletes have beaten all the odds in leading the dragons to both the girls & boys california open division state championships
http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Bishop-O-Dowd-s-Big-4-players-share-a-6148963.php?cmpid=twitter-desktop

in 1987 oakland real estate broker oral lee brown adopted a 1st grade class & told them that if they went to college she would pay for their costs

"i believe that love can turn anything around"

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20758224,00.html

let's do this#
everlasting love#
Shocky1
"had a good time with moms watching my brothers young ivee and humble guy paris putting on a show at the future home!'
-oscar frayer

Shocky1
notice how young ivee misses the celebratory arm swing five with the young fan in the gold pants & blue shirt but then has the thoughtfulness to go back & connect/share the love with the little guy

honestly that's all you ******* need to know about ivan rabb
[video=youtube;6_MaZApdKbo][/video]
concordtom
bearmanpg;842474356 said:

I was able to attend most of the High School State Championship games the last two days. Some of the most entertaining basketball I have watched in a while. 4 double OT games and an OT game for the Open Division championship. Incredible energy in Haas......saw several Cal recruits on display....I had seen Ivan Rabb on numerous occasions but this was a special game for him and his teammates. Ivan dominated M.J. Cage (6'10" son of ex-NBAer Michael Cage) and showed off his incredible motor as well as his drive to win....another potential Bear I saw was Devearl Ramsey from Sierra Canyon...he is a REAL point guard with facilitate first instincts....incredible speed with the ball, really pushes the pace up court, kind of small at about 5'10" but has a strong frame and seemed to be able to stay in front of his opponent (although the opposition was inferior)...good form on his outside shot, I remember him hitting at least 1 three pointer....very athletic and bouncy....Another kid I think might be worth a look at is sophmore Sebastian Much from Mitty High in San Jose. He is 6'7" and can really shoot the three ball, hit one from NBA range with 2 guys on him to force the overtime period. Keith Smith from San Ramon Valley may deserve a look also....

How do you think Ramsey's handle/speed compared with Paris Austin (who I thought was the best player on the court last night)?
bearmanpg
It was a different deal with Austin than with Ramsey....Where Ramsey had several other players on his team to "keep happy" (get them the ball), Austin really only has Rabb that he needs to get the ball to consistently....Cody Riley, who plays with Ramsey is a big kid but not as able to free himself as Ivan is, therefore Ramsey has to facilitate for him and others who can't do the same things as Rabb can.....I agree that without Austin, O'Dowd doesn't win but they don't even get close without Rabb.....Rabb was the best player on the court last night without a doubt.....Austin is very good and I think he is at this point better than Ramsey but if you saw Austin last year I think you would say Ramsey is the better player as a junior in high school. Last year Austin was out of control a lot of the time...when I saw O'Dowd play Bishop Gorman at the season kickoff at Newark Memorial High in November he amazed me with the improvement he showed over last year but by then he had already signed with Boise St.......Ramsey was very much in control Friday afternoon and looked very good as a true point who can score but doesn't necessarily have to...both are very good and similar points...you could make a case for either being better than the other....Ramsey is definitely as fast as Austin if not faster with the ball....his handle was solid as well....
Holmoephobic
Ramsey is definetely faster than Austin but Austin is tougher with the ball at the moment. He can drive into the trees and not get stripped or bumped off his drive. Ramsey needs more strength but his potential is higher than Austins. He has a better mid-range game as well, something that Austin needs to develope at the next level. I would say they are about equal behind the arc while Austin is the better defender at the moment. These are hard comparisons to make as the level of improvement often seen between the junior and senior year is massive. Case and point is Austin. I've seen Austin play a lot more than I've seen Ramsey so there is certainly a combination of bias and insufficient sample size baked into my analysis.
Holmoephobic
Others have already done a good job touching on the games but did anyone catch Mater Dei's Butler in warmups? He was the only freshman listed on either roster and he looked far bigger than his listed height of 6'4. 14 year olds can grow quick. He was hitting an array of mid range shots and 3's in the warmups, has a very thick frame at 14, and sports a signature 'fro. I've got a feeling he will be a player to watch in the coming years but I honestly don't know anything about him other than what I saw in the warmups. He didn't get any game time but he's a freshman in the state championship on a loaded team so that's not too surprising.
Shocky1

you got classes this morning and s&c workouts today, spring break is over pal

today's not some kinda black out day, let's grind, let's do this

don't be a dumb azz#
HoopDreams

Shocky1
Shocky1;842473044 said:

some **** never gonna change

don't forget to throw your textbooks for renaissance art in your bag...yeah, that teaching assistant lisa gherardini has got her eyes on you, boy...i dunno, maybe you can take her to a party at richie's near the louvre, that's kinda risky, it's like a threesome that nobody knows about

and yeah, my 2nd favorite class at cal is that covert operations class all about secret agents, espionage & clandestine meetings at the stroke of midnite at the campanille & **** like that

blink of an eye#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842472957 said:

today indiana's governor mike pence signed behind closed doors (which is ironic in itself) the religious freedom restoration act which will allow discrimination based upon religious views & sexual orientation, it is a slap in the face to those of us that embrace diversity & civil rights

a similar piece of legislation is pending in michigan

big sauce, are you tired of living in the freezing azz cold & the socially azz backwards midwest?...do you really want to waste your college experience at purdue or michigan state?

the university of california, berkeley was at the epicenter of america's social awakening in the sixties, does that appeal to you?...do you want to grow as a person & become truly an enlightened citizen of the world?

caleb, the san francisco bay area is truly a melting pot of people from all walks of life, it's up to you & your personal values system if you wanna get on the love train

ask ivan#
shocky is a mutt#

caleb, if you go to michigan state & get injured, your michigan state degree is gonna set you up nicely for a career at the steak n' shake on coldwater...man, them chilly macs are sure tasty...plus you can get top dollar at pawn shops in lansing for them final 4 rings if you gotta make your car payment or something when you're 25 or 30 when basketball is done with you

pretty sure ivan & jaylen are gonna get the most out of their educations, they know if you go to an academically medicore school & get injured, you are ******
bearmanpg
Holmoephobic;842474505 said:

Ramsey is definetely faster than Austin but Austin is tougher with the ball at the moment. He can drive into the trees and not get stripped or bumped off his drive. Ramsey needs more strength but his potential is higher than Austins. He has a better mid-range game as well, something that Austin needs to develope at the next level. I would say they are about equal behind the arc while Austin is the better defender at the moment. These are hard comparisons to make as the level of improvement often seen between the junior and senior year is massive. Case and point is Austin. I've seen Austin play a lot more than I've seen Ramsey so there is certainly a combination of bias and insufficient sample size baked into my analysis.

I agree completely and I too have seen Austin more than Ramsey.....also have seen Austin against better opposition than Ramsey but I think we are on the same page Holmoe....
Holmoephobic
bearmanpg;842474751 said:

I agree completely and I too have seen Austin more than Ramsey.....also have seen Austin against better opposition than Ramsey but I think we are on the same page Holmoe....

Great point about the better competition. In the same way that Rabb shouldn't be judged solely on his one game against an elite high school defender in Michael Cage jr, Austin's competition in the open division as well as against Milstead and Ford should be factored in. Bottom line, I would love to have either one at Cal but only one of them is a real possibility.
socaltownie
Not much (anything?) new but you can see the interviews of 2 of the targets.

http://www.prephoopsillinois.com/news_article/show/497829?referrer_id=1201274
Shocky1
if the nba doesn't mint you, then you're gonna have to utilize your educational opportunities to achieve your dreams & build a better life for you & your family (mom matters)...even if the nba does mint you, you gotta have financial skills & a strong education to make sure you prosper for the years ahead in terms of sound investment strategies & raising intellectually curious children

so check out the link below for your finalists, ok?

http://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/rankings?int=9cf408

even huf has a career backup plan, he's the lead singer for future islands

do you want to be a well rounded student athlete that is gonna compete for a national championship as part of cal's potential diamonds are forever class (2015)?

successful student athletes got academic ambition, dumb azz ballers limit themselves & just blindly hope they never get injured

don't be a dumb azz#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (and #3 ranked overall) university in the world

50 year decision#
Shocky1
Quote:

jon harris is probably the only coach in d1 basketball whose wife could kick his azz in a game of horse as heidi was an all conference player at marquette...not sure who leah, hailey & jaxson would root for in that game that's for sure

good luck to jon harris who is one of two finalists along with interim alabama head coach john brannen for the southern illinois university edwardsville (siue) open head coach position...brannen is visiting siue today & tomorrow and harris will be visiting siue wednesday & thursday for interviews...both candidates will also have a reception thrown in their honor on campus with fans & community members attending & getting to know them

coach martin is building a program that not only creates opportunities for its players to fulfill their nba & cal degree aspirations but also one it which the staff also achieves their professional goals

coach harris (a native of edwardsville) is a very respectful man of integrity that would do well in moving the cougars basketball program into the future
Shocky1
down the street from central park is the radio city music hall, the site of the 2014 nba draft

jarnell stokes was the 35th pick overall of the memphis grizzlies in the 2014 nba draft

jordan mcrae was the 58th pick overall of the philadelphia sixers in the 2014 nba draft

cuonzo martin & his tennessee staff coached up both of these guys as volunteers on the long road to becoming nba draft choices...coach martin (a former nba player) is a terrific role model/mentor for young men wishing to work hard in fulfilling both their nba & academic dreams
Shocky1
young ivee isn't the only guy who can make epic state championship game winning free throws
[video=youtube;7rFz9w6FBHA][/video]

ice in his veins#
First Page Last Page
Page 169 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.