cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,275,672 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mamasan;842475657 said:

You clearly don't want him at Cal with comments like that.

agreed, do not want jeff goodman on the floor of haas pavillion reporting made up **** about the cal basketball team
LOUMFSG2
Per Twitter a few minutes ago:

Big Sauce ‏@Biggs_Swanigan 6m6 minutes ago
I will announce which college I will be going to at the Nike Hoop Summit next week.

It is being held 4/11, and Rabb, Brown and bunch of others will be there as well.
Shocky1
"cal, they have a new coaching staff and they're very hungry and they're looking for somebody like me to come into the program and try to turn things around...and if i was to go there i possibly would be able to get people to come with me"
-ivan rabb

http://zagsblog.com/articles/ivan-rabb-down-to-two-not-ready-to-commit-just-yet/
TheSouseFamily
Shocky1;842475648 said:

when kidd was with the phx suns, i used to host j, the team's assistant coach frank johnson (later become the head coach before losing too many games & having an affair with the also married wife of the suns largest corporate sponsor resulted in him being fired (kidz, that's that's the quickest way to throw away a promising career) along with my close friend the now deceased dr gary mack (the team shrink...counseled j on marital issues with mrs crazytown, joumana) at my summer club in flagstaff, forest highlands (which is considered the augusta national of arizona)

j told me during one of our rounds together that his final college list included kansas, arizona, ohio state & kentucky with the jayhawks probably the leader despite his never actually ever visiting lawrence...he started playing in informal pick up games at harmon organized by his friend monty buckley...j told me there was a defining epiphany like moment when walking thru a grove of trees near the creek north of harmon with his gear bag over his shoulder on a beautiful bay area afternoon that it all came together for him

kidd realized how much he loved his mom anne & dad steve and that he wanted to share his college experience with them...it was that simple in jk's mind, he never even made an official visit to cal, there was no need to do so

so j played in front of his mom & dad and friends at the #1 public university in the world before moving on to generate $200+million in nba earning before becoming the head coach for the brooklyn nets & milwaukee bucks

i saw j at whisper rock a 2 years ago & he told me that he's never regretted his time at cal...he cherishes the collegiate memories he shared with his parents, dad steve died in 1999 (real talk, our parents will not love live forever and our time with them on earth is limited)

fast forward & another top player in the usa from oakland is faced with similar choices/opportunities

what are your priorities in life, ivan?...what's gonna be your legacy?

cal family#

Ever hang with Robin Pound in PHX? He was the bearded S&C coach for the Suns when Kidd played there which reunited Kidd with Pound who previously was the basketball S&C at Cal. Let's just say Pound himself maintained a different exercise regimen than Nicodemus.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842472957 said:

today indiana's governor mike pence signed behind closed doors (which is ironic in itself) the religious freedom restoration act which will allow discrimination based upon religious views & sexual orientation, it is a slap in the face to those of us that embrace diversity & civil rights

a similar piece of legislation is pending in michigan

big sauce, are you tired of living in the freezing azz cold & the socially azz backwards midwest?...do you really want to waste your college experience at purdue or michigan state?

the university of california, berkeley was at the epicenter of america's social awakening in the sixties, does that appeal to you?...do you want to grow as a person & become truly an enlightened citizen of the world?

caleb, the san francisco bay area is truly a melting pot of people from all walks of life, it's up to you & your personal values system if you wanna get on the love train

ask ivan#
shocky is a mutt#

caleb, if you go to michigan state & get injured, your michigan state degree is gonna set you up nicely for a career at the steak n' shake on coldwater...man, them chilly macs are sure tasty...plus you can get top dollar at pawn shops in lansing for them final 4 rings if you gotta make your car payment or something when you're 25 or 30 when basketball is done with you

pretty sure ivan & jaylen are gonna get the most out of their educations, they know if you go to an academically mediocre school & get injured, you are ******

"i will announce which college i will be going to at the nike summit next week"
-caleb swanigan

caleb, my current 1st wife kat (an asu grad) took this foto of you in your resplendent fuchsia shirt at haas pavilion...she thinks its kinda funny & inaccurate that some of the body language interpretation analysts/ bears fans thought you weren't enjoying your visit, i dunno maybe you don't like smiling at ugly people...that's ok, in berkeley you can be whoever you wanna be, your unique individuality will be celebrated

let's do this#
Shocky1
caleb swanigan, jaylen brown & ivan rabb are teammates on the 11 player usa team that will play the world team on saturday april 11th in portland, oregon

shine bright#
Shocky1
young ivee with 10 points on 5-7 fgs along with 6 boards (3 offensive/3 defensive) & 1 turnover in 15 minutes in the 2015 mcdonalds all american game

time to go home#
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842475585 said:

SBNation: "Brown had several huge dunks during the session, but one from the middle of practice stood out. He was flying down the court in transition as part of a rotating 5-on-5 drill and elevated to dunk about two steps before any normal player should have. He just kept getting higher and higher -- gliding is the only way to describe it -- and eventually hammered it home. It was a subtle display of athletic brilliance"

jaylen brown, who ivan rabb visited with during his recent covert visit to berkeley & the cal coaching staff, scored 9 points on 4-8 fgs along with 6 boards (all defensive), 2 assists, 2 blocks, 2 steals & 1 turnover in 21 minutes at the 2015 mcdonalds all american game

jaylen brown=unselfish multiple skilled team player
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Loved [COLOR="#0000FF"]Ivan Rabb's [/COLOR]game as a starter at the McDonald's All-American game
Dude is athletic, long, and skilled, and he's got a little fire under that cool demeaner[/SIZE]

HoopDreams

Shocky1
TheSouseFamily;842476131 said:

Ever hang with Robin Pound in PHX? He was the bearded S&C coach for the Suns when Kidd played there which reunited Kidd with Pound who previously was the basketball S&C at Cal. Let's just say Pound himself maintained a different exercise regimen than Nicodemus.

robin pound=highly regarded innovator & a true bad azz (in more ways than one)
nicodemus christopher=high energy & principled guru that you would trust with your son's future
HoopDreams
Is it a coincidence that the California State Championship game was held at HAAS this year instead of in Sacramento like it always has been?

Was it destiny that Ivan made the decisive play grabbing the rebound and immediately putting it up, getting fouled, and then making the clutch free throw to beat four time state champs Mater Dei?

Is it magic?
Is it destiny?

parentswerebears
HoopDreams;842476286 said:

Is it a coincidence that the California State Championship game was held at HAAS this year instead of in Sacramento like it always has been?

Was it destiny that Ivan made the decisive play grabbing the rebound and immediately putting it up, getting fouled, and then making the clutch free throw to beat four time state champs Mater Dei?

Is it magic?
Is it destiny?

Is it a cruel cosmic joke on Cal fans everywhere?
south bender
In above two posts, we see the glass half full and then half empty. Or maybe full and empty.

In any event, (paraphrasing a line from Kubrick's last film) life will go on for Bears fans, till it doesn't.

Go Bears!
Shocky1
[video=youtube;2dyjOh6FfHk][/video]
set the volume to full blast to best experience the magic of haas pavilion

"i could definitely feel the energy...there's nothing but love out here and i can't explain it"
-ivan rabb

i dunno, maybe haas is ivan's palace too

moneyball#
HoopDreams
Shocky1

fugly#

senior stefan nastic with 11 points, 4 boards, 3 blocks, 2 assists, a steal, a typical nasty 5 fouls & 9 little children that he scared the **** out of by smiling at them

man, really gonna miss nasty...but not enough to fly to nyc to see him play his final collegiate game on the greatest stage on earth, madison square garden, not gonna do that

beep, beep#
HoopDreams
salute to [COLOR="#0000CD"]Christian Behrens[/COLOR]. Golden Bear for life.

Shocky1
Shocky1;842461316 said:

christian montaque behrens and his mom andrea along with dad bj watching over his shoulder is gonna participate in today's senior day ceremonies

dude has battled major injuries yet has returned to the battlefield with his indefatigable spirit...christian is respected by his teammates & coaches and is a true student athlete that has always done things the right way in life

yeah, cb is gonna play fast & furious, would not be surprised if he takes his signature grandes bolas charge vs the out of control beavers, would not be surprised at all

"christian is a wonderful young man both on and off the court...he made great strides in basketball during the 12 months we have had the pleasure to coach him...we support christian in this decision and wish him all the best as he prepares for the next step in his life...most importantly, christian will earn his degree from the university of california next month which will create tremendous opportunities for him...we will support him however we can along the way"
-coach martin

"i want to thank the entire cal athletics family for giving me this tremendous opportunity to represent the golden bears...i am on track to graduate in may with a degree from the world's #1 public institution which is a great honor...i believe at this time i want to start a new chapter in my basketball career and pursue professional opportunities...i cherish my experiences here at cal and have created friendships here that will last a lifetime...i will always be a golden bear"

"my most memorable moment at cal was beating undefeated then top ranked arizona at home last year"

"i would advise the younger guys to get the most out of their experience at cal by seeking out all the unique resources cal holds as well as really taking pride in being a golden bear"

"i can't thank our fans and donors for their tremendous passion throughout my career...without you every wonderful experience i have had at this amazing school wouldn't be as nearly as memorable"
-christian behrens

gonna really miss cal's fast & furious beast mode...#14 came to berkeley in the summer & will be leaving berkeley this summer with a degree from the #1 public university in the world & a million crazy memories

cal family#
HoopDreams

concordtom
Future Hollywood star above
concordtom
Love CB saying: ""i would advise the younger guys to get the most out of their experience at cal by seeking out all the unique resources cal holds".
Shocky1
Shocky1;842427489 said:

who are these guys on the california golden bears basketball team?

alan crabbe-3.3 gpa@price (currently playing w/portland trail blazers)
justin cobbs-3.39 gpa@bishop montgomery
richard solomon-3.5 gpa@price
jeff powers*-3.6 gpa@delasalle
ricky kreklow*-3.72 gpa@rocky bridge
david kravish*-4.1 gpa@lee's summit north
tyrone wallace-3.5 gpa@bakersfield
christian behrens*-3.5 gpa@tahoma
jabari bird-3.0+gpa@salesian
jordan mathews-3.55 gpa@santa monica
sam singer-3.4 gpa@ransom everglades
kameron rooks-3.5 gpa@mission hills
roger moute a bidias-3.0+ gpa@notre dame
kingsley okoroh-3.0+ gpa@westwind prep/findlay prep
stephen domingo-3.4 gpa@st ignatius
brandon chauca-3.85 gpa@shannon forest christian school
cole welle-4.37 gpa@aptos
nick hamilton-4.2 gpa@westchester
brenden glapion-4.1 gpa@washington
dwight tarwater*-3.9 gpa@webb school
xavier valdes-4.0 gpa@woodlands
davon dillard-3.0+ gpa@our savior new amereican school

*will graduate/graduated from cal joining 2012 grads bak bak, brandon smith & robert thurman

cal fans can expect every player listed above to either leave cal with a degree and/or a nba contract..patrick christopher, justin cobbs & richard solomon all have around one remaining semester of schoolwork necessary to earn their cal degrees...as the wise marco harris once told me, men take care of their business

of the 300+ ncaa d1 bb teams, cal is among the most academically elite programs along with stanford and the ivy leagues most noteably harvard

the above is the MOST IMPORTANT stat sheet in cal basketball

this is the difference between basketball factories that use up & then discard their workers (leaving them unemployable on the streets) and legitimate collegiate institutions of higher learning with an academic purpose...if you go to an academically mediocre school like arizona or michigan state & get injured you are ******

academic ambition is a beautiful thing, it will open doors in business after your basketball days are over & help you meet the girl of your dreams (and you're not thinking about it now but it will also help you raise intellectually curious children someday)...you can be limitless mentally

don't be a dumb azz#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

congratulations to sam singer & roger mouth a bidias on being named to the pac 12 all academic team

and yeah, jennifer hunter & the academic/advising support team also deserve kudos too for a job well done in working with our student athletes
south bender
Yes!

Great going Sam and Roger!

True student athletes!
Shocky1
Shocky1;842475310 said:

jeff goodman is reporting that the emotionally distraught arizona head coach had the following tense conversation with his pool guy trevor (an arizona grad) this morning at his catalina mountains home (which is at the end of a cul de sac of a mediocre cartball course):

trevor the pool guy: "mr miller, would you like me to sweep the pool steps today?"

sean miller (putting down the 2 glazed with sprinkles donuts he's eating for breakfast along with a zero coke): "what the **** are you talking about?...you think we lose twice to wisconsin and now cal is gonna sweep us next season?...quit ******* with me"

trevor: "mr miller, all i'm saying is..."

sean: "look pal, i'm know exactly what you're saying, do you think i'm ******* stupid?...that cal and that bald azz coach is gonna be the new alpha dog in the pac 12...trust me, i hear exactly what you're saying...if you don't like cleaning my pool, you should get the **** out of here and go clean the pools at asu"

jeff goodman is now reporting the following tense arizona staff meeting from the bowels of mckale this morning:

sean: "what's going on with you ugly dumb azz clowns?...did you watch the mcdonalds game, allonzo tier jacked up 20 shots, what's up with that?"

joe: "coach, i think..."

sean: "shut the **** up, joe, don't talk unless i ask you to talk, ok?...you're the dumb azz who told me to jettison tyler dorsey and his little league dad for tier...if i wanted a guard to jack up a million lousy shots a game we could've kept td"

damon: "coach, what does jettison mean?"

sean: "shut the **** up, damon...you really are stupid, where did you go to college?"

silence in the room

sean: "look, all i ask is that you dumb azz bitches get me 3-4 basketball players a year that all they wanna to do is play basketball with a basketball on the basketball floor, is that asking for too much?...it's not like cal or stanford where you gotta find guys that can actually read and **** like that"

sean scarfs down the final chocolate glazed donut with fuchsia sprinkles from the double sized box

sean: "if that bald azz guy at cal gets his program ahead of my program next season, you sorry broken down candy azz soft clowns are gonna be busing tables at the applebees on craycroft"

miller storms out of the room & the door slams closed

damon (shaking his head): "you got yours printed up?"

joe: "yeah, i'm a step ahead, mine will be ready at kinkos at 5:30 pm today"

sean miller needs a yoga practice#

dixie devil is a dumb azz#
Shocky1
Quote:

jon harris is probably the only coach in d1 basketball whose wife could kick his azz in a game of horse as heidi was an all conference player at marquette...not sure who leah, hailey & jaxson would root for in that game that's for sure

good luck to jon harris who is one of two finalists along with interim alabama head coach john brannen for the southern illinois university edwardsville (siue) open head coach position...brannen is visiting siue today & tomorrow and harris will be visiting siue wednesday & thursday for interviews...both candidates will also have a reception thrown in their honor on campus with fans & community members attending & getting to know them

coach martin is building a program that not only creates opportunities for its players to fulfill their nba & cal degree aspirations but also one it which the staff also achieves their professional goals

coach harris (a native of edwardsville) is a very respectful man of integrity that would do well in moving the cougars basketball program into the future

congratulations to jon harris on being named the new head basketball coach at southern illinois in his hometown edwardsville

this is a tremendous opportunity for coach harris...would not be surprised if harris does not fill his new staff with tarrance crump, a former purdue standout & currently the high energy assistant director of basketball operations for the cal basketball program...tarrance is the guy who is always carrying around that clipboard

jon has been the lead recruiter for tyson jolly among the 2015 prospects but cal should not lose any ground as coach martin recently visited with tyson in oklahoma in advance of jolly's official visit to berkeley april 10-11th

there will be significant interest in the coaching community in the open cal basketball staff position...i hope that coach martin will at least have an exploratory discussion of potential interest with shareef abdur rahim who would be an exemplary role model for cal's bigs particularly with the stated goals of rabb & swanigan to become multiple in their style of play

good luck jon

eddie the cougar#
Shocky1

"i am incredibly thrilled for jon...he has worked tirelessly on our staff for the past seven years...jon is a great coach, leader and friend...he has an opportunity to make a tremendous impact on his hometown program...i wish him, his wife heidi and their three children all the best in their new endeavors"
-coach martin

new chapter#
concordtom
Hey Shocky. I hope you're sitting down, wearing your fuschia thong underwear.
Shocky1
concordtom;842477189 said:

Hey Shocky. I hope you're sitting down, wearing your fuschia thong underwear.

real men wear fuchsia
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842475131 said:

[SIZE=5]"McDonald's All-American center [COLOR="#0000CD"]Kristine Anigwe [/COLOR]was a fan favorite, but failed to complete a dunk. She was attempting to become the first girl to win the contest since Candace Parker in 2004.
She enlisted the help of Zimmerman, who threw the ball off the backboard to her in the second round, but her dunk rimmed out"
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Blame her missed dunk on her assist man, Zimmerman[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Perhaps [COLOR="#0000CD"]Ivan Rabb, Caleb Swanigan, [/COLOR]and [COLOR="#0000CD"]Jaylen Brown[/COLOR] should talk to Kristine while they are all in Chicago at the McDonald's All-American games about why she is going to Cal...

"The education is the main thing for me," she said. "A lot of schools don't emphasize the education part, getting the good grades, that stuff. I really wanted to get a good degree. Cal had everything I wanted."

oh, and she will be joining two other McDonald All-Americans in Mikayla Cowling and Gabby Green[/SIZE]

kristine anigwe scored 9 points, 6 boards, 4 blocks & 2 assists in 17 minutes at the mcdonalds all american game in chicago

and yeah, she also got followed on twitter this week by some guy named caleb swanigan

touch the sky#
HoopDreams

Shocky1
Shocky1;842468277 said:

beyonce & jay z are also none too happy that the bears won't compete again this season, not happy at all

nice shoes

it's called fashion, look it up#

taylor says socaltownie's video is "quite accurate and on point"

whatever

cal family#
south bender
Shocky1;842477328 said:

taylor says socaltownie's video is "quite accurate and on point"

whatever

cal family#

et tu, shocky?
Shocky1
south bender;842477329 said:

et tu, shocky?

i dunno, yeah i laughed pretty hard watching it but my rescue dogs are not happy with sct's failure to include them in the festivities, they are not happy about that at all

but sct does accurately portray my dismay with cal fans that only watch bears basketball on tv...do you want to passively live your life as a non engaged zombie?...let's roll, get your sorry broken down candy azz to haas pavilion next season, feel the magic (go ahead, it's ok)

shocky is a mutt#
TheSouseFamily
Happy 6,000!! Congrats, Shockster.
First Page Last Page
Page 171 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.