cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,274,663 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
for the record, Rabb missed the first free throw, but he did NOT air ball it
but just getting to the line by getting the rebound and getting fouled on the outback was clutch. And his second free throw to win the California State Championship WAS clutch.

Chapman_is_Gone;842490404 said:

For the record, Rabb air balled the first free throw. Then he made the second. Any real sports fan would immediately lose his man card by claiming that was a clutch trip to the line. Good work, Shocky, keep up the BS -- it gets past a lot of people...
Shocky1
you are ok going to an academically mediocre university that will not adequately prepare you to compete in today's fiercely competitive global economy that favors those with exceptional educations...but there's nothing wrong with being a dumb azz, we're not here to judge...somebody's gotta clean my pool, thx trevor (an arizona grad)

coach cal is all business (he doesn't even pretend he's interested in any personal relationship with you) & emphasized the following key factors of the kentucky nba development factory during the official visits for jaylen & ivan:

*****playing 14-19 minutes per game will prepare you for the nba & coming off the bench cold
*****sharing playing time & one basketball with a dozen mcdonald all americans that all ruthlessly want your valuable playing time is an authentic replication of the cruel nba biz...the strongest predators will win out in the long run
*****the uber lux kentucky basketball dorms which are designed to minimize a player's unnecessary interactions with college students...if you wanna see students, you'll see them bundled up & lining up in the snow 3 hours before your games at rupp
*****an unlimited # of twitter followers & groupies
*****the state of the art kentucky basketball std health clinic which is open 24/7
*****seminars on important nba topics like the proper stowing of firearms in your vehicle for your personal safety
*****a reaffirmation that "reading books and **** like that is a total waste of time" in preparing yourself for the nba draft
*****financial advice re: the economic dangers of giving back too much to your high school & community instead of funneling money into your lavish nba cribs mansion with a tricked out game room
*****criminal defense firm near campus with experienced barristers "in case some bitch gets out of line"...you are legally entitled to a strong pimp hand at the trap house
*****the benefits of distance (2,382 miles from oakland to lexington) in order to "block out distractions like your mom & younger brother"

coach cal is the man#
NVBear78

For the record, Rabb air balled the first free throw. Then he made the second. Any real sports fan would immediately lose his man card by claiming that was a clutch trip to the line. Good work, Shocky, keep up the BS -- it gets past a lot of people...

All that matters is that he made the second one!
Cal Geek
HoopDreams;842490412 said:

for the record, Rabb missed the first free throw, but he did NOT air ball it
but just getting to the line by getting the rebound and getting fouled on the outback was clutch. And his second free throw to win the California State Championship WAS clutch.

I thought he airballed it. Surprised when you thought is wasn't, so I just looked again, and I still think it was an airball.

this site actually called it an airball in their story too:
http://usatodayhss.com/2015/video-watch-ivan-rabb-airball-free-throw-just-before-connecting-on-state-title-winner
Cal Geek
NVBear78;842490418 said:

Yes, True!
HoopDreams

Shocky1
NVBear78;842490418 said:

[video=youtube;2dyjOh6FfHk][/video]
set the volume to full blast to best experience the magic of haas pavilion

"i could definitely feel the energy...there's nothing but love out here and i can't explain it"
-ivan rabb

i dunno, maybe haas is ivan's palace too

behavioral analysts & those with a yoga practice will very clearly find significance in that after the mater dei desperation shot at the buzzer falls short therefore ensuring a california state championship for the bishop o'dowd dragons, young ivee is pulled by the cosmic stars & his potential destiny along with the gravitational love he feels toward his mom to running towards the cal script on the floor of haas pavillion

go ahead, watch this video more than once, it's true

shine bright#
concordtom

True point.
But how many free throws have you made with the game on the line and with a packed house???
Man card. Ha!
Shocky1
Shocky1;842474402 said:

notice how young ivee misses the celebratory arm swing five with the young fan in the gold pants & blue shirt but then has the thoughtfulness to go back & connect/share the love with the little guy

honestly that's all you need to know about ivan rabb
[video=youtube;6_MaZApdKbo][/video]

ivan, it's the small things you do that will accumulative into big things over time
HoopDreams
[COLOR="#000080"][SIZE=5]as epic as the #5 recruiting class of Ivan Rabb, Jaylen Brown, Tyson Jolly, and Davon Dillard
there was no bigger recruit then Tyrone Wallace, who will lead Cal next year as a senior PG and four year Cal starter
Ty was evaluated by the NBA who told him he would be drafted in the 2015 NBA draft...[/SIZE][/COLOR]

89Bear

So, Lebron never missed a big free throw????? He missed A TON of important shots earlier in his career. Yet, he is one of the greatest to ever play the game. Your post shows that you simply don't understand sports. That's not the end of the world, of course. You just look like an idiot on a sports board.
Shocky1
jeff goodman is reporting that the emotionally distraught arizona head coach had the following tense conversation with his pool guy trevor (an arizona grad) this morning at his catalina mountains home (which is at the end of a cul de sac of a mediocre cartball course):

trevor the pool guy: "mr miller, would you like me to sweep the pool steps today?"

sean miller (putting down the 2 glazed with sprinkles donuts he's eating for breakfast along with a zero coke): "what the **** are you talking about?...you think we lose twice to wisconsin and now cal is gonna sweep us next season?...quit ******* with me"

trevor: "mr miller, all i'm saying is..."

sean: "look pal, i'm know exactly what you're saying, do you think i'm ******* stupid?...that cal and that bald azz coach is gonna be the new alpha dog in the pac 12...trust me, i hear exactly what you're saying...if you don't like cleaning my pool, you should get the **** out of here and go clean the pools at asu"

jeff goodman is now reporting the following tense arizona staff meeting from the bowels of mckale this morning:

sean: "what's going on with you ugly dumb azz clowns?...did you watch the mcdonalds game, allonzo tier jacked up 20 shots, what's up with that?"

joe: "coach, i think..."

sean: "shut the **** up, joe, don't talk unless i ask you to talk, ok?...you're the dumb azz who told me to jettison tyler dorsey and his little league dad for tier...if i wanted a guard to jack up a million lousy shots a game we could've kept td"

damon: "coach, what does jettison mean?"

sean: "shut the **** up, damon...you really are stupid, where did you go to college?"

silence in the room

sean: "look, all i ask is that you dumb azz bitches get me 3-4 basketball players a year that all they wanna to do is play basketball with a basketball on the basketball floor, is that asking for too much?...it's not like cal or stanford where you gotta find guys that can actually read and **** like that"

sean scarfs down the final chocolate glazed donut with fuchsia sprinkles from the double sized box

sean: "if that bald azz guy at cal gets his program ahead of my program next season, you sorry broken down candy azz soft clowns are gonna be busing tables at the applebees on craycroft"

miller storms out of the room & the door slams closed

damon (shaking his head): "you got yours printed up?"

joe: "yeah, i'm a step ahead, mine will be ready at kinkos at 5:30 pm today"

sean miller needs a yoga practice#

********************************************************************************

jason scheer is reporting that tucson is a dump & that sean miller had the following heated conversation at his catalina foothills home (on a mediocre golf course for fat cartballers):

amy miller: "come on sean, put down the maple glazed donuts and come swim with me and the kids"

sean miller (looking at his belly while taking a couple more bites): "that doesn't sound like any fun"

amy: "sweetie, things aren't that bad, didn't you out recruit cal for one guy this year"

sean: "are you ******* kidding?...mark ******* tollefsen?

amy: "fine, throw a pity party for yourself"

sean: "trust me, i will"

sean (petting his dog lute on the head): "lute, you're really my only friend, how do you think next season is gonna be vs cal?"

lute: "ruf"

seasons change, people change, sean miller is never gonna change & stop eating them heart attack hand grenades, he love them donuts...who knew that huf is the lead singer for future islands?

bear down#
Shocky1
let's be real here, sean miller did not build the arizona basketball program...the dunkin' donut flabby boy from tucson inherited a championship program from the brilliant lute olsen & his braintrust jay john

the cal basketball program is not gonna forget his sorry azz effort to run up the score by leaving his starters in with only a couple of minutes left at mckale...sitting behind the cal bench in the 1st row, i saw miller look down the sidelines at the cal bench several times during the last 10 minutes with a smirk
Shocky1
CalAlumnus13;842489770 said:

Just paid a deposit for two season tickets.

awesome, them parties at ritchie's getting risky
Shocky1
Shocky1;842468789 said:

https://vimeo.com/45797764

"i tell him 'don't let basketball define you...don't let it be your identity'...you see guys like magic johnson who have such an impact in the community...i think he can do great things in a community like oakland"
-lou richie re: young ivee

check out this outstanding article by mitch stephens re: the 4 montera prep middle school standouts that beat the odds & earned d1 scholarships as bishop o'dowd student athletes...these 4 students athletes have beaten all the odds in leading the dragons to both the girls & boys california open division state championships
http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Bishop-O-Dowd-s-Big-4-players-share-a-6148963.php?cmpid=twitter-desktop

in 1987 oakland real estate broker oral lee brown adopted a 1st grade class & told them that if they went to college she would pay for their costs

"i believe that love can turn anything around"

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20758224,00.html

let's do this#
everlasting love#

my vision for the future of cal basketball includes sold out packed multi generational crowds at haas that include young kids from oakland that look up to ivan and his teammates as role models that successfully work as hard in the classroom as the basketball court

we need louder & more diverse crowds at my palace sharing the magic of cal basketball

this is my dream...we need new dreamers...what's your dream?
[video=youtube;73g8I2KebD4][/video]
Vandalus

That's a clown comment bro.
beeasyed

rabb himself said in the post-game that when he was shooting the first FT, he couldn't follow through on the shot bc he was cramping--no extension, ball fell way short. championship game on the line, nails the second.

idk what you're smoking.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]so what do the current players think about the expanded MONSTER class?

5 by 5[/SIZE]

GMP

Bro, anyone using the term "man card" is a clown.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=4]After reading the discussion about the Kentucky fans, and their dialogue with the Shockster, I thought I'd do a little research on Cal...
[/SIZE]

BeachedBear
HoopDreams;842490780 said:

Matthews: Guys, Guys!! That last Top Dog really isn't sitting right with me. I'm not going to make it back to the house!!!

Bird: Don't worry, we got you covered. Everybody surround Jordan and look nonchalant!!
Cal Geek
HoopDreams;842490818 said:

[SIZE=4]After reading the discussion about the Kentucky fans, and their dialogue with the Shockster, I thought I'd do a little research on Cal...
[/SIZE]

Nice Editing, HoopDreams, I almost missed the best one!
Shocky1
nigel williams-goss is gonna transfer to gonzaga for his junior year after sitting out next season...for a guy with a 4.0 gpa in high school, goss is a complete dumb azz...dude turned down a great academic school (harvard) in order to attend a good not great academic school (washington) and is now gonna attend a mediocre academic school (gonzaga)...i dunno maybe he will be a senior graduate transfer to a truly lousy academic school (like arizona, oregon or the el paso school of bartending) someday too

gonzaga is kinda a weird place as it literally has the least diverse student population on the west coast...to their credit they show up in numbers (pay attention ash & michael, all students at gonzaga & san diego state are admitted to home basketball games free of charge) but it kinda feels like an outtake from some zombie move

goss will be coach mark few's point guard thru the 2016 & 2017 seasons, he is not flashy with exceptional nba level skills but he is solid in all areas of the game

this means jordan ford is probably not gonna head to the sophisticated urbane metropolis of spokane...jordan "the chess champ" ford is smart with his moves as a high gpa/character student athlete & will likely commit to either cal or stanford

jordan would be an outstanding program fit in joining the oscar frayer led cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016)

"i've been telling people since august 4, 2014 cal is the spot...everything in life happens for a reason...the pieces of the puzzle is going to fit when it wants to...the good comes to the patient!"
-oscar frayer

salute#
liverflukes
I feel like another bashing of Dana Altman is long overdue. Thanks in advance
Shocky1
liverflukes;842490932 said:

I feel like another bashing of Dana Altman is long overdue. Thanks in advance

why, did one of his players rob a bank today?
liverflukes
Shocky1;842490934 said:

why, did one of his players rob a bank today?

Does it matter? Oregon sucks.
Shocky1
eric bossi with some details re: jaylen's recruitment including the observation that "cal has put together a monster class"
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1762662

illuminari#
stu
Shocky1;842490930 said:

nigel williams-goss is gonna transfer to gonzaga for his junior year after sitting out next season...for a guy with a 4.0 gpa in high school, goss is a complete dumb azz...dude turned down a great academic school (harvard) in order to attend a good not great academic school (washington) and is now gonna attend a mediocre academic school (gonzaga)...

It's possible he really likes the Pacific Northwest. Unfortunately not a lot of schools up there are great in both academics and basketball. But if he works on the academic side he should be able to gain admission to a good graduate school for the education, not for basketball. I wish him well.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842398188 said:

jabari, jordan, kameron, roger & sammy are all exceptional human beings, hard working students (men take care of their business) & tremendous teammates, my respect & admiration for them extends far beyond their significant basketball skills...just like my rescue pets, i love these guys maybe even more cuz they don't chew up my favorite yoga pants and/or take dumps under the piano (hard to make beautiful music while barefoot with special presents underfoot)

50 year friendships#

at last monday's team banquet at the university club high atop memorial stadium, coach hufnagel introduced (with his foot tapping non stop behind the podium, huf is like the shockster, both got monkey voices always talking in their heads) the sophomores with his belief that "this class could go down as the greatest in the history of cal basketball"

cal's monster class#
concordtom
liverflukes;842490936 said:

Does it matter? Oregon sucks.

Is that a crime?
Shocky1
Shocky1;842488096 said:

the cal family came together at the university club high atop memorial stadium for the season celebration & awards on a spectacular bay area evening

in speaking with the coaches & players both taylor & i were both impressed by how sincere & humble yet passionately driven are our california golden bears

*****t-wall named the team mvp
*****david kravish named the team defensive mvp (career leader in blocked shots at cal)
*****nick hamilton awarded the pete newell trophy
*****stephen domingo (told coach webster he's gonna be the team defensive mvp next season) & cole welle won coach nico's s&c mvp awards

fallon smith, christopher's funny & charming wife, told me that i'm "an enabler" of taylor's overpriced fashionista wardrobe & coached up taylor re: savvy bargain shopping...she is 100% correct, i'm gonna work on that this offseason

meanwhile, everybody is totally on board coach martin's love train
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4566[/ATTACH]
cllick for larger image (my parisian shirt is fuchsia, not pink)

coach martin at the banquet recognized mitch elkins (pictured in the foto above with my man bak bak) as "a tireless worker and one of the top video coordinators in the nation"

taylor & i visited with mitch, he's a great guy...graduated from the university of illinois with dean's list honors & is working his azz off in multiple capacities (elkins was also the assistant director of basketball operations back in the day) to help move the cal basketball program forward on its current upward trajectory

cal basketball is a team sport, are you gonna do your part & call 1-800 go bears and reserve/purchase your season tix(s) today?

the time is now#
OzoneTheCat
ESPN 2015 Class Rankings have been updated...Cal up to #6

1. Duke
2. Kentucky
3. LSU
4. Michigan State
5. Arizona
6. Cal
7. Texas A&M
8. Syracuse
9. Ohio State
10. Florida
Shocky1
OzoneTheCat;842491098 said:

ESPN 2015 Class Rankings have been updated...Cal up to #6

1. Duke
2. Kentucky
3. LSU
4. Michigan State
5. Arizona
6. Cal
7. Texas A&M
8. Syracuse
9. Ohio State
10. Florida

reranked for academic excellence:

1. Cal
2. Duke
3. Texas A&M
4. Syracuse
5. Ohio State
6. Florida
7. GED certification
8. Michigan State
9. Prison certification
10. Arizona
11. LSU
12. Kentucky
89Bear
Shocky1;842491103 said:

reranked for academic excellence:

1. Cal
2. Duke
3. Texas A&M
4. Syracuse
5. Ohio State
6. Florida
7. GED certification
8. Michigan State
9. Prison certification
10. Arizona
11. LSU
12. Kentucky

My dogsitter, a Zona grad, took a course at the local humane society one summer. He has an incredible way with pups. I would put humane society at number 8 and knock the others down a bit.
Shocky1
dominic artis is signing with tim floyd's utep miners program

the bears staff talked to artis during with his non playing redshirt year at diablo valley junior college but at the end of the day coach martin has to go home and look his daughter & wife in the eyes
First Page Last Page
Page 187 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.