cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,291,792 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842519042 said:

my man jaylen brown holding the tree pose

yoga enables one to find their inner strength & quiet the monkey voices that are constantly talking in our heads

let's do this

namastae#

jaylen told me his favorite pose is downward dog
Shocky1
who stood out at today's scrimmage which was refereed by dudes in zebra shorts?

that would be the king with devastating blocks & alteration of shots in the paint...god save the queen (we mean it man)...both okoroh & kameron rooks flashed significant improvement in their footwork during the drills under the tutelage of coach wyking jones

roman davis is way more athletic than expected, he explosively scored over young ivee on a mid range floater & then in the next sequence relentlessly attacked the basket again vs the mcdonalds all american with his shot just barely spinning out...dude may not know (yet) what language they speak in australia but roman got physical tools
Shocky1
Shocky1;842514516 said:

[video=youtube;7SciaV0JRzg][/video]

exclusive foto of jaylen's bed at home, no wonder jb wanna bed upgrade in them cal dorms

the struggle#

jaylen told me that both him & ivan are gonna be living in the basketball house, no more 6 foot beds in the dorms
Shocky1
Shocky1;842515448 said:

"cal is a great school...i'm around it a lot because i live 15 minutes away...it's a great environment and great people...coach martin, coach yanni and coach webster are great people"
-elijah hardy

"2018 team arsenal pg elijah hardy is terrific in transition...can handle and has very good speed but his vision is his best quality"
-josh gershon

soldier in the game#

ivan told me that elijah is a dynamic playmaker/tremendous talent, a good student at the academically rigorous bishop o'dowd & just needs to continue working on playing under control

dragons cal pipeline#
Shocky1
taylor clowning with nick hamilton with a special photobomb by the king
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4821[/ATTACH]

brenden glapion showed us his locker, dude has got more shoes than taylor
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4822[/ATTACH]

the smartest guy (gates scholarship) on the cal basketball team with taylor telling the world nick's current gpa
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4823[/ATTACH]

taylor's dumb azz dad, she made me promise before the event that i would not embarazz her (again)...sorry sweetie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4824[/ATTACH]
Shocky1
unlike kayne, ivan rabb has gained 12 lbs of muscle in the last 5 weeks by working relentlessly working with coach christopher in cal's s&c program...no wonder kim k is gonna dump kayne's sorry broken down azz...in speaking with young ivee it's very clear that he's humble, articulate & thoughtful but my favorite thing about observing him today was watching him peek back several times with a smile on his face at his moms tami working in the back of the room with her cuisine/catering, yeah he's a mama's boy too

shine bright#
ondal
Shocky your 500th page milestone is coming up, how are you going to celebrate?
Shocky1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4827[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4828[/ATTACH]

are you gonna get season tix(s) to experience in person at haas pavilion the magic of cal basketball on the cusp on potentially the most epic season in the history of cal basketball & football?

jaylen blocked a shot today by pinning it against the backboard with a ferocity & athleticism that we've never seen in berkeley...ivan spins like a perfect diamond & then slams the ball with a lethal quickness that seems almost to be a trick of the lights

to be honest with you, seeing both of them on the court today was kinda surreal

[video=youtube;iVQ3qae_2YE][/video]
Shocky1
ondal;842522365 said:

Shocky your 500th page milestone is coming up, how are you going to celebrate?

totally irrelevant to the goals of this thread
Shocky1
Shocky1;842521095 said:

remember the walk ons#

so when it's opened up for questions & answers with coach martin, nobody got anything to ask

in the spirit of the university of california, berkeley being one of the major epicenters for free speech & the civil rights movement in the world, i stood up & asked him a question

when coach sees me standing his face kinda gets this "oh **** look, here it comes, i gotta keep this guy further afar from me"

so the questions is asked: "coach you've been talking about passion and perseverance, what do them hard working and high character walks on brenden, nick & cole gotta do to earn more playing time?"

coach's face gets all scrunchy looking, he's thinking "what the **** is wrong with this guy?"

but finally responds regarding how he doesn't differentiate between scholly players and walk ons, everyone is treated the same & that playing time has to be earned

i don't like that answer so i tell his charming wife roberta in the locker room that i think he just forgets about them during games & would she please remind her husband that walk ons are human beings, they are not just foul smelling broken down practice players...roberts tells me that at tennessee they had a walk on who earned lots of playing time & eventually a scholly

so there is hope for the cal basketball program...maybe

the saddest show on earth#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842491892 said:

trust me, the staff knows about 2018 phenom jordan brown...both theo robertson & travis decuire were telling me about a blue chip middle schooler from near sacramento a year ago

6'9" 180 lbs phenom jordan brown of woodcreek high school in roseville is blowing up in the eyes of the national recruiting scouts/analysts today at the team usa camp in colorado springs

coach martin & the bears staff are actively building relationships with the future top 5 player in the 2018 class

nor cal, baby

"jordan brown has been great this evening...2018 pf is a potential big timer"
-eric bossi

[video=youtube;gdbdtj8odfw][/video]

yeah, jordan brown is the real deal...

jordan, are you gonna ask former nba all star & current mayor sacramento kevin johnson how that cal degree set him up for life?

the university of california, berkeley (short drive from roseville for moms)=#1 ranked public university in the world

jordan brown & his family are currently unofficially visiting cal including an australia preparation team practice

jordan is not a dumb azz, he got a 3.8 gpa as a freshman at woodcreek high school

cal along with ucla & arizona (good luck for moms driving to los angeles & tucson for all of her son's games) have offered the future top 5 player in the 2018 class

yeah, elijah hardy facilitating the bears as an elite point guard with jordan brown & marvin bagley iii is the 2018 vision in berkeley these days

let's do this#
Shocky1
tsub, let me clarify that i 100% support coach's inclusion of walk ons within the program, not suggesting they receive schollys or significant playing time ala the ben "lean cuisine" braun era unless fully earned...each & every of the 13 allocated schollys needs to be judiciously utilized by the staff & i respect their decision making with respects to player evaluations

but i'm not gonna be supportive of jaylen brown throwing down another tomahawk slam dunk for his 35 & 36th points vs stanford with the bears up by 28 points with two & a half minutes left in the game this season while my boyz brenden, nick & cole sit on their azzs, ok?...that foo foo lame **** is not gonna fly with me

those few seconds/minutes on the court are decades in the minds/memories of our walks ons & their families...when i complimented cole welle, his dad tom & grandfather james black (member of the newell bears championship teams) re: cole's dazzling reverse pivot move under the rim for a bucket at pauley pavillion last season, they knew exactly what i was talking about, their smiles gave it away

and guess what, ivan rabb is also an emotional supporter of the underdog...not gonna lie, watching hard working cal team manager lucas cortez drain this arc de triumphe moneyball & #23's reaction makes me ******* mist up a little bit (watch this at your own risk)...this is all you need to know about young ivee's soul & who he is as a person
[video=youtube;xsu7bLTSUcs][/video]

yeah, no wonder i also relentlessly work to better the lives of rescue dogs in arizona, that's a passion too

shocky is a mutt#
brj1
Then you have seen this fantastic movie, White God, the "star" dog was a mutt that was saved from an AZ dog shelter

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4830[/ATTACH]
Shocky1
Shocky1;842515078 said:

coach martin on monday offered mitch lightfoot, a 6'7" 195 lbs fast rising 2016 volcano of energy wing from gilbert christian (arizona) after watching him play on sunday...mitch led his team to an arizona d2 state championship last season & his head coach kurt keener thinks that if mitch grows into his feet he could be 7'

lightfoot is blowing up on the aau circuit this summer with his relentless motor including a recent 28 points & 16 rebounds game...dude fights for every rebound & loose ball and isn't afraid to mix it up inside along with the ability to knock down the mid range jumper...last season he averaged 17.9 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 4.8 bpg & a stealthy 6.8 steals per game

mitch is not a dumb azz, he's got a 3.7 gpa at the tiny gilbert christian high school including coursework in biochemistry

lightfoot's recruitment has been a rollercoaster...it all started with a commitment to new mexico as a sophomore & then reopening his recruitment this past april...since then stanford (my take is that he will commit to the cards if given an actionable offer), arizona (a longtime wildcats fan) & kansas (born in kansas city) along with utah, new mexico & asu are the key schools under consideration

the key from a bears perspective is to get an unofficial visit from mitch & his family to berkeley this summer

lightfoot's 5 college finalists: stanford, arizona, utah, st johns & kansas
SFBearz
Shocky1;842522601 said:

lightfoot's 5 college finalists: stanford, arizona, utah, st johns & kansas

If Lightfoot picks Arizona over Stanford (as crazy as that decision sounds) perhaps that would help Cal with Ira Lee.
Shocky1
brji, just watched white god with my rescue dogs

that is one of the most heartbreaking & disturbing movies i've ever seen, can't say i enjoyed the cinematic experience but it's truly an intellectually/emotionally challenging movie

to be honest with you, the hungarian criminal that turned hagen into max the killing machine reminded me of dana altman both in his appearance & pure evil approach to life
Shocky1
brenden glapion, nick hamilton, brandon chauca, stephen domingo, kameron rooks, ivan rabb & shocky are all mutts

:acclaim:
Shocky1
the bears staff has offered schnider herard, a physically dominating 6'10" 260 lbs 5 that is a top 50 player in the 2016 class from prestonwood christian high school in plano, texas

herard's recent 10 collegiate finalists include kansas, texas, texas tech, smu, arizona, mississippi state, alabama, indiana, purdue & california

schnider will officially visit starksville for mississippi state's sept 12 football home game weekend vs lsu & is also working to finalize visits to berkeley & tucson

yeah, this guy can definitely finish & knock opponents on their azzs
[video=youtube;7h6cvkEUT8A][/video]

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world
Shocky1
Shocky1;842493683 said:

jaylen hands, a dynamic 6'2" 155 lbs point guard from chula vista & a top 20 player in the 2017 class, has been offered by the bears staff

"cal has done a great job of recruiting this year and that's something i'm looking at"
-jaylen hands

jaylen had been considered a ucla lean with arizona running a tight 2nd position but let's be real here, there's a new national powerhouse program in the united states with much stronger academics than both ucla & arizona that's located in the cosmopolitan and diverse san francisco/oakland bay area

jaylen hands would be a potential dynamic impact leader for cal's touch the sky class (2017) to assure the current upward recruiting trajectory of the california golden bears basketball program:

cal's monster class (2013)
cal's doses & mimosas class (2014)
cal's diamonds are forever class (2015)
cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016)
cal's touch the sky class (2017)
cal's unnamed class (2018)*

*the vision is jordan brown, elijah hardy, miles norris & ideally marvin bagley

jaylen has got a busy summer schedule trying out for the team usa squad starting on may 28th & also playing for the compton magic aau team but still intends to unofficially visit berkeley with his dad ronnie who knows coach wyking jones from playground games growing up in inglewood back in the day

the bears staff will be most successful when all 5 coaches (coach martin, huf, tracy, wyking & nicodemus) build relationships with prospective recruits & their families...these 5 guys comprise arguably the most likable & hardest working collegiate basketball staff in the nation, a staff that will compete with anybody including coach cal for any recruit with academic ambition in the united states

some valuable recruiting lessons were learned (from my perspective) this year in chasing guys with overly involved dads/selfish position demands like tyler dorsey & bennie boatwright and guys who lack the necessary academic ambition to flourish at cal like brandon sampson (no ncca qualifying score) but obviously the diamonds are forever class (2015) has transformed the #1 public university in the world to an epic turning point on the basketball court that even pudgy noted donuts expert sean miller has conceded that cal could win the national championship this upcoming season

this **** is getting live

do you got your season tix(s) at haas?...why not?...man, you don't wanna be like that lupe fiasco

this is cal basketball#

"california, arizona, ucla, stanford and sdsu are the main schools i'm hearing from"
-jaylen hands

jaylen will be unofficially visiting arizona august 7th (visiting a dump like tucson with summer desert temps will be a lot of fun) & hopefully cal too...generally speaking i never get too excited re: any west coast prospect until they make an unofficial visit with their family to berkeley, it's a key indicator of a targeted recruit's serious interest in the bears

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked pubic (#3 overall) university in the world

jaylen & ronnie hands visited tucson (110% temps this weekend) with next stops planned in berkeley & palo alto
Shocky1
Shocky1;842502497 said:

[video=youtube;3ANGZm0xPOA][/video]

tyson jolly is contemplating become a 2 sport athlete at cal in both men's basketball & pole vaulting next year...trust me, coach martin is not happy about that, he's all frowny & stuff when he heard the news

tyson, pole vaulting is dangerous, don't be a dumb azz...trying to run thru a roger mouth a bidias screen is bad enough for your health...there are easier ways to meet curvy yoga brunettes like allison stokke in berkeley

happy 18th birthday, tyson

killing it#
men take care of their business (academics)#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842520227 said:

"nothing was ever given to me, earned everything i got!"
-oscar frayer

note: the foto above has not been altered in any way

cal's touch the sky class (2016)#

"ive been committed to #cal for a whole year..already..where does time go lol just as excited as i was a year ago about my decision...#family"
-oscar frayer

frayer knocked out a solid (good not great) gpa this summer in his 4 classes...oscar is just beginning to realize his unlimited potential both academically & athletically

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including the east bay)
Shocky1

richard midgley, former cal standout/grad & current modesto christian high school head coach/oakland soldiers assistant coach told me "very excited for theo (robertson)"...i know how hard he has been working and it is good to see it being rewarded...i have already been picking his brain on different sets that suit our personnel for next year...with all the film he watched last year his basketball iq is off the charts"

"my son, dominic, was born early june so i was only part time with the soldiers this summer and went to about half of the events...i wish i could have committed more time and helped out a little more but i enjoyed the experience nonetheless"

"i am very excited for this coming high school season...it certainly helps that ivan has graduated (rich's close friend lou richies' bishop o'dowd dragons have defeated his crusaders the last 2 years in the state playoffs)...i feel really good about our team and hopefully we can take it one more game further to the open division state championship this year"

"in regards to the individuals on the soldiers roster, i was impressed with the attitudes of all the players...they were all very coachable and hungry to get better"

"there is a lot of buzz about cal this year with their recruiting class...it is very exciting to see all the talent on the roster...i know i will be trying to get to as many games as i can"

me too, sir richard...and yeah you met/got the girl of your dreams while at cal, does she teach any yoga classes?
Shocky1
Shocky1;842511105 said:

[video=youtube;57GY_9r9_eE][/video]

terrence moorehead jr, a lefty 5'10" point guard & future top 100 player in the 2019 class will be attending modesto christian high school next season after graduating from gaston magnet in fresno...terrence is a tenacious defender & skilled facilitator that is already on cal's radar

who are arguably the top 2 incoming freshmen this year in the 2019 class from nor cal?

my money is on terrence moorehead jr & the lou richie coached bishop o'dowd dragons raymond hawkins, a 6'8" man child who averaged 8 ppg, 10 rpg & 2 blocks in aau ball this summer playing up 2 classes for the arsenal

both moorehead & hawkins are coached by guys who emphasize academic achievement, community service & basketball fundamentals with an aggressive style of play

who is arguably the staff's favorite 2019 west coast outside of california incoming high school freshman?

coach martin has already scouted pj fuller, a 6'2" shooting guard from garfield high school & the aau seattle a+ team...dude got the best hair on the aau circuit, sure hope coach isn't gonna tell him how to style that

started from the bottom#
Shocky1
good luck to free spirit (kinda like the shockster) ben kone on his commitment to the oregon state beavers, he will definitely be coached up by gregg gottlieb

kone did not have an actionable cal offer

soldiers for life#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842519824 said:

yeah, rhianna & the shockster both love fuschia

sorry ivan, meek is done
HoopDreams

[SIZE=7][COLOR="#000080"]2. Jaylen Brown, California Golden Bears[/COLOR][/SIZE]

south bender
Thanks, HD!

Go, Jaylen!

Can't wait to see our team in action!
Shocky1
Shocky1;842522360 said:

unlike kayne, ivan rabb has gained 12 lbs of muscle in the last 5 weeks by working relentlessly working with coach christopher in cal's s&c program...no wonder kim k is gonna dump kayne's sorry broken down azz...in speaking with young ivee it's very clear that he's humble, articulate & thoughtful but my favorite thing about observing him today was watching him peek back several times with a smile on his face at his moms tami working in the back of the room with her cuisine/catering, yeah he's a mama's boy too

shine bright#

kayne, don't let the door hit you on the azz

HoopDreams
Shocky1;842523600 said:

[SIZE=5]
ESPN on Ivan Rabb...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=7][COLOR="#000080"]
Cal freshman Ivan Rabb apparently is Captain America
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Jaylen Brown, the No. 4 player in the class of 2015. The second is Ivan Rabb, who ranks No. 8...chose California over a number of other higher-profile destinations, giving second-year coach Cuonzo Martin arguably the best one-two recruiting punch in Bears' hoops history ... To live up, Cal will need star turns from both players right away.

Fortunately for Cal, Brown is one of the most versatile, college-ready players in the class.

Rabb, meanwhile, is apparently a test subject for the U.S. military's secret Super-Soldier Project

That tweet is from Cal strength coach Nicodemus Christopher and, yes, he accidentally swapped the before and after. The shot on the right is Rabb when he arrived at Cal in late June. The shot on the left is Rabb now.

That is terrifying. By our calculations, at this rate of growth, in approximately three months, Rabb will look like Anthony Mason.[/SIZE]

Shocky1
i got zero interest in captain america
Shocky1
Shocky1;842519401 said:

yeah, the best beach down under for meeting curvy athletic brunettes with dedicated yoga practices is at sydney's bondi beach

let's do this this

walk ons xavier & nick are not currently enrolled in school & therefore will not be accompanying the team to australia
HoopDreams
Shocky1;842523714 said:

i got zero interest in captain america

[SIZE=5]Shocky??? per top authority buzzfeed, Captain America is the #1 ranked Avenger
and Black Widow is #3[/SIZE]

[SIZE=6][COLOR="#0000FF"]http://www.buzzfeed.com/perpetua/avengers-ranked-from-worst-to-best#.stEX24klj[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Shocky1

"it's good to see ivan rabb in shape but there's no conceivable way that he made that transformation in such a period of time"
-jason scheer, editor of the arizona message board

in real life jason scheer is a chunky monkey just like jeff goodman & sean "dunkin' donuts" miller, there are a lot of lazy fat azzs in tucson...you can only eat so many double cheeseburgers with extra fries & cokes at dirtbags before you become a sloppy mess, no wonder that the balance of power is shifting in the pac 12

tuscon's #1 ranked restaurant

tuscon is a dump#
brj1
And you can wash it down with some

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4842[/ATTACH]
HoopDreams

[SIZE=5] wheels up in the morning...[/SIZE]

First Page Last Page
Page 214 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.