cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,293,215 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
everybody kinda knows taylor but my other high school daughter shay is traveling with me tomorrow to cal's bay area grudge battle vs st marys at haas pavilion at 12:30 pm

shay's not a crazy azz bears fan like taylor (the prez of the brenden glapion fan club) but she also got multiple advanced placement classes, is a kick azz team mvp lacrosse player & is a hostess at an upscale scottsdale sushi joint

as a dad i'm always trying to figure out ways to connect with my kids doing stuff they enjoy, they're all different (kinda like snowflakes & referees)...the magic of cal basketball is that it's fun & multi generational...are you gonna experience our palace this season with the loved ones in your family?...kids & old people tixs are only 15 bucks, what's your deal?

we're gonna probably gonna go to union square in san francisco after the game & check out dior but only if she don't text the entire game or stoopid **** like that, the shayster (like jaylen) better get her head in the game on gameday in berkeley

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5347[/ATTACH]

wheels up (dad, where's the visa card?)#
Shocky1
top 5 player in the 2018 class jordan brown scored 25 points as the woodcreek timberwolves saddled up the bella vista broncos 61-46 & 12 points as them timberwolves deflighted the college park falcons 66-43

yeah, and jordan got a 3.8 gpa, he's an ideal cal fit & the staff's #1 recruiting priority other than getting oski out of rehab

cal's started at the bottom class (2018)#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Both the men's and women's Cal basketball teams play in Haas on Saturday, December 12th
Come out and support the teams[/SIZE]

Shocky1

head coach randy bennett's gaels are 6-0 this season & one of only 13 undefeated teams in d1 basketball in the nation...their 6 home game wins include a 78-61 nationally televised beatdown of stanford...almost half of the st marys roster is from australia

the gaels are led by their dynamic duo of crafty guards 6'1" 195 lbs emmett naar (16.5 ppg on an unreal 62.1% fgs, 64.0% 3 pointers & 91.7% fts along with 6.2 apg) & 6'2" 195 lbs joe rahon (11.3 ppg on 52.9% fgs & 7.7 apg)...these guys can absolutely shoot lights out & flawlessly distribute the ball, they will play almost every minute today & if the bears can get either one in foul trouble that will impact the outcome...st marys plays an 8 player rotation with 6 players averaging between 8.0 and 9.3 ppg, this is highly skilled team that averages 20 assists a game & that shoots 43.5% on 3 pointers

but the gaels got no answer for ivan rabb down low & the bears guards/wings also have height advantages if they strongly post up & aggressively attack the boards...if the bears only settle for contested 3 pointers this is gonna be a long afternoon in berkeley...if the bears bring relentless defensive intensity on every possession & stubbornly pound the ball inside (6'11" 255 lbs jock londale is the only st marys big with size), then cal will do just fine

and yeah, the bears fans gotta bring noise & energy to a very crowded haas pavilion, this is gonna be fun playing big time basketball against a bay area rival with a grudge

together we attack#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR="#0000FF"]Game day![/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Shocky1

left to right, jabari "******* moneyball" bird, jordan "creasy" mathews, tyrone "the dumb azz" wallace, jaylen "the fullback" brown, kameron "windex" rooks & ivan "future" rabb

the bears went on a late 1st half run by pounding the ball inside to ivan & jaylen with tyrone slashing to the basket while jordan & jabari knocked down perimeter shots to take a 37-26 halftime lead in front of 10,074 cal & st marys fans in a big game atmosphere at haas pavilion

but then the bears forget their identity in the lockeroom, guys came out with stoopid **** amnesia, and started jacking up contested 3 pointers which is no bueno for this team while the gaels started to knock down open look 3 pointers (which is their identity)...i dunno maybe marcus green had better remind coach martin to remind our guys how we're gonna win lots of basketball games, attacking the basket with kickouts for wide open 3s, that's not only fun but it's also the optimal offensive identity of the bears

and so the bears competed, the bench making more noise (nick hamilton is perfecting the crab leg victory dance & coach christopher got secret 24 energy drink crap in his water bottle) than any other game other than the overtime victory at wyoming...they played thru a lot of bad ****, times that a mentally weaker team could've checked out as st marys went on runs

jabari's rebound/throwdown & ice his veins moneyball that floated thru the haas airspace for an eternity were the difference today, bird is finding his inner bad azz & that's a very good thing

at the end of the game with seconds ticking of the clock & wild scramble near the st mary's bench, t-wall instinctively reached out & made a dumb azz foul, my heart broke for the senior captain when i saw the sad dog look on his face, never seen nobody so down in the dumps other than the time jaylen couldn't find his yoga mat (king thought it would be a cool squirrel waterslide)

the haas crowd brought energy this afternoon & when the gaels missed the front end of the 1 & 1 and mr atlanta (yeah shareef was in the haas too) knocked down 2 clutch free throws the ******* place exploded with the guys celebrating at half half court

yeah, they kinda looked like little kids playing basketball on the playground with their best friends

and that's who we are at the end of the day

the magic of cal basketball#
Shocky1
[video=youtube;bZyCToAEvmY][/video]
Shocky1
[video=youtube;xsCOwkec4Wc][/video]
petalumabear
Shocky1;842615009 said:

cal sold 9,324 tickets for a weeknight game vs a non marquee opponent in incarnate word, that's remarkable...not everybody showed up & a lot of those that did sat on their hands too much instead of ******* yelling their azzs off

cal is building an elite championship basketball program with coach martin & his staff, the 1st step is recruiting 5 star future nba players, that's happening right now

the next step is the development of those players & that's not gonna happen overnight but it's truly fascinating to watch for those true california golden bears fans, the fans that actually go all the games at haas pavilion to celebrate the magic of cal basketball

if you're just sitting on your sorry broken down azz eating glazed donuts with fuschia sprinkles on your sofa watching the idiot box, you are not doing your part in creating the much needed energy on gamedays or revenue dollars to build a championship program

this saturday the bears plays undefeated (one of only 13 teams in the nation) st marys at haas pavilion at 12:30 pm, are you gonna be there for the bay area battle?...a near sell out is projected but tickets are still available for as little as 20 bucks and only 15 bucks for kids & old people

we're off to the races & yeah there's gonna be some muddy days at the racetrack along the way, that's part of the deal

this is cal basketball#

What's truly remarkable is all the True Cal fans in Cal colors representing. I saw many of them from my seats in Section 28 today. Sitting down low, as we do, allows for great sight lines ... Loved watching the Bears take down the Gaels today! Go Bears (in blue and gold).
OdontoBear66
petalumabear;842615932 said:

What's truly remarkable is all the True Cal fans in Cal colors representing. I saw many of them from my seats in Section 28 today. Sitting down low, as we do, allows for great sight lines ... Loved watching the Bears take down the Gaels today! Go Bears (in blue and gold).

Put some sneakers on the shockster....He is doing his best Jordan Mathews imitation...All that yoga and he has the arm positions down. Unclench the fists though----much too tense....Jordan is 'laxed.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842614478 said:

measuring fun is subjective, the guys were definitely having fun at the end of the wyoming game in hostile laramie when everybody was screaming & out of their chairs physically & emotionally engaged in the moment (i'm that way 24/7)...yeah my boy nick hamilton was doing the victory crab leg dance with knees bowed & fists pumping while screaming from the rooftops

i would like to see the players, coaches & staff more ******* loud, sometimes the only voice i hear other than myself is coach martin...i dunno, maybe he told everybody to shut the **** up or so he can think or something

basketball like life is an emotional deal, celebrate that fact & let's enjoy this adventure together...i can't live, i can't breathe unless you do this with me

lose the stoic fake model look#

apparently coach martin has told his coaches, staff & players that it's ok if they scream & **** like that which resulted in this afternoon's insane posse energy from the cal bench

thx coach, let's permanently lose the stoic fake model look
Shocky1
petalumabear;842615932 said:

i dunno maybe some cal fans are truly color blind

Shocky1
criminal dana altman loses his 2nd game of the season, he's already lost the game of life

piece of **** on the sidewalk>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dana altman & tony stubblefield
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]A couple of times, the St Marys fans tried to take over Haas with their cheers (not too creative IMHO)
But the Cal fans didn't let that happen and out cheered the visitors to maintain the home court advantage
That extra energy helped the confidence of our players, and contributed to the win[/SIZE]

[SIZE=7][FONT=Impact][COLOR="#000080"]Defend the HAAS[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
HoopDreams
[SIZE=6][COLOR="#800080"][FONT=Comic Sans MS]"I love Berkeley. I love California"
"Berkeley is the center of the known universe"[/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]Jabari[/COLOR] had a MONSTER game, and there was no bigger clutch shot then the game winning 3[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Shocky1
why would anybody ever watch cal basketball on television if they lived close enough (say within north america) the gameday magic of cal basketball in person?

the shayster told me she had a "really fun time" with her cray cray dumb azz dad...plus she got to meet her sister taylor's future in laws (eric & lynn glapion) after the game in the hallways of haas pavillion while we talked about the epic importance of the december 19th coppin state game, hopefully coach will remember my boyz the walk ons

we also congratulated tami rabb on raising such a respectful/thoughtful son off the court that tranforms into an absolute fire eating dragon on the court, her smile truly lights up the world...it should also be mentioned that shareef was in the haas & that jaylen brown's mom is now living in berkeley too

where were you?

walk in the rays of a beautiful son#
GoldenBear1
Yesterday was a great day at Cal
The teams energy was contagious.
Strong hard working D from Kam.
Moving the ball much better, starting to feel the double teams, not over dribbling as much. It's a process, once we move that ball better and faster we can reach our potential.
Ivan Rabb is a wonderful person, what a talent, what a East Bay man!
Ivan and Jabari having fun, big time.
This team is Just getting started
socaltownie
As a East Bay native I am especially excited for the Rabb/Bird representing in the presser and Rabb talking about seeing Jabari knock it down from the time he was in 7th grade ;-)

OK Shockster. You have got me working on more SW flights ;-)
Shocky1
socaltownie;842616169 said:

As a East Bay native I am especially excited for the Rabb/Bird representing in the presser and Rabb talking about seeing Jabari knock it down from the time he was in 7th grade ;-)

OK Shockster. You have got me working on more SW flights ;-)

muy bueno, monsieur

every voice at haas pavilion matters#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Coaches bring energy and confidence to the team

You can do that too

Only eleven home games left[/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842582703 said:

team: utah utes

shockster 2015/2016 pac prediction: 3rd place

coach: larry "special k" krystkowiak

what you need to know about krystkowiak: when coach krystkowiak arrived in freezing azz salt lake city the utes were 6-25 in 2011...special k turned around the program by running off all the guys who didn't wanna go to class every day...the 2013 21-11 utah team had 5 guys on the pac 12 all academic team, the most for any team in the pac 12

special k gets it, men take care of their business...discipline starts in the classroom and the s&c program creating a solid foundation for success on the basketball court...sure, utah is an academically mediocre school (kinda more challenging than santa monica community college) but it's very clear that krystkowiak expects his student athletes to work towards earning a diploma...for guys like jayce johnson who want a homogenous student population in a non diverse environment at an academically mediocre school, utah is a logical choice based upon those values

what up in salt lake city?: replacing team leader delon wright (14.5 ppg, 5.1 apg & 4.9 rpg with an insane 50.9 fg% isn't gonna happen...watching the utes from the 1st row behind the cal bench at the huntsman center it was very clear that he was the catalyst/emotional leader for his team, wright facilitated the offensive run & he set the tone for the utes suffocating d intensity, brandon taylor is gonna burden the pressure of wright's departure

but almost everyone else returns including brandon taylor (10.6 ppg & 3.6 apg), jordan loveridge (10.0 ppg & 3.9 apg) & the best returning big in the pac 12 austrian & former cal silent commit jakob poeltl (9.1 ppg & 6.8 rpg) with a deep bench & a talented incoming freshmen class

what this means for the bears: there are 4 pac 12 teams that could be ranked in the top 20 nationally next season, the road trip to salt lake city & boulder is gonna be very challenging for the bears

utah gets zapped with its 2nd loss of the season to them wichita state shockers (gotta love the shockers despite their mediocre 4 losses this season)

brandon taylor is struggling to replace delon wright, his shooting has dropped from a robust 44.5% last season to only 31.5% this season
Shocky1
Shocky1;842615445 said:

everybody kinda knows taylor but my other high school daughter shay is traveling with me tomorrow to cal's bay area grudge battle vs st marys at haas pavilion at 12:30 pm

shay's not a crazy azz bears fan like taylor (the prez of the brenden glapion fan club) but she also got multiple advanced placement classes, is a kick azz team mvp lacrosse player & is a hostess at an upscale scottsdale sushi joint

as a dad i'm always trying to figure out ways to connect with my kids doing stuff they enjoy, they're all different (kinda like snowflakes & referees)...the magic of cal basketball is that it's fun & multi generational...are you gonna experience our palace this season with the loved ones in your family?...kids & old people tixs are only 15 bucks, what's your deal?

we're gonna probably gonna go to union square in san francisco after the game & check out dior but only if she don't text the entire game or stoopid **** like that, the shayster (like jaylen) better get her head in the game on gameday in berkley

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5347[/ATTACH]

wheels up (dad, where's the visa card?)#

shay & i enjoyed lunch today at mama's next to washington square park in little italy...mama's is a longtime san francisco icon that requires a lengthy wait before entering the tiny 10 table restaurant...the tasty salmon omelette can be enhanced by including lightly sauted mushrooms & un petit baguette roll and a foamy hot chocolate with a splash of whip cream

do you got cal basketball traditions/adventures too?

yeah, mama's in san francisco is kinda like the ol' yeller cafe in oakland, very special relaxed places to spend time with your family & friends

wheels up (back to the desert)#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842563032 said:

after practice saturday i met jay kim, a recent haas biz school grad (like myself), who will be providing analytics to coach martin this upcoming season re: the tendencies of opponents, cal's best 2nd half small line up, etc.

jay was motivated by the movie billy ball & the successful championship usage of analytics by the oakland a's in professional baseball...while all nba teams utilize analytics, very few colleges do so at this time which is gonna put the bears ahead of the curve...yeah, bears are smart...he told me he will be explaining his role to visiting recruits, this is the kinda advanced intelligence that you expect from the #1 ranked public university in the world, no wonder malia obama is considering cal as her collegiate destination

kim is from south korea & i shared with him how graciously (banquet that evening in my honor & an interview with golf magazine south korea) i was treated at nine bridges on jeju island on a very windy day in becoming the 13th person (and youngest) to successfully play the world's top 100 golf courses...yeah i drained this 25 foot putt on the island par 5 18th green to finish the quest in style, that's just how bears do **** & stuff like that

not too bad for a former san francisco golf club caddie, gotta relentlessly pursue your dreams

started from the bottom#:axe

after the st marys game introduced jay kim to shay...won't share any of the specifics but the staff is very interested in better understanding via analytics (+/- point differentials) the most effective playing combinations with sam singer at the point (when t-wall rests), what bears on the floor will best optimize sammy's skills set & put him in the best position to be successful

yeah, bears are smart

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Rooks is showing his potential as the son of long NBA center, Sean Rooks[/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842452954 said:

gotta love the hearts of the young dude in the blue cal shirt in the center front row & the little girl in the white shirt in the 4th row from the top center advance signaling the game winning rainbow of dreams shot...they knew dwight was not alone when he released that arc de triomphe shot into the haas airspace against rival ucla, that mary was right behind his shoulders (as always)

http://pac-12.com/videos/recap-cal-mens-basketball-stuns-ucla-late-3-pointer

let it fly#

dwight, your graduating from an ivy league school with a 3.0 gpa & becoming a starter for this season's california golden bears says a lot about your many talents as a true renaissance man

and yeah, both mary & dwight are pretty proud of you too

moment of love#

dwight tarwater told me before the st marys game that he's working hard both as both a graduate assistant (shame he didn't get to travel with his squad to laramie because of budget constraints) & that he got a 3.0+ gpa at the school of public health

tarwater's academic commitment (not leaving after the 1st year) is helping the staff build strong trusting relationships with the school of public health which is important as the bears are looking at maybe bringing in 1 or 2 potential graduate transfers next season...the recruiting challenge is finding guys who got the physical skills to play in the pac 12 but that are willing to delay/pass up any professional basketball opportunities because of cal's 2 years of study requirement for the graduate schools at the #1 ranked public university in the world
Shocky1

you got finals this week at the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

get your sorry broken down azz moving this morning, don't make marcus green find your candy azz soft dumb azz playing video games at the house instead of focusing on finals...do you wanna work the night shift at the 7/11 in walnut creek in a couple of years from now because you didn't make a 100% commitment to your academics?

no more black out days, ok?

academic ambition#
Shocky1

are you ******* deaf?...why aren't you moving right now?...i really don't give a **** that you wanna sleep another 15 minutes, ok?

this is what your dumb azz is gonna look like working the night shift at the 7/11 in walnut creek in a couple of years if you don't start studying for your finals

and no, i don't want a lottery ticket with my gas, i took statistics classes at cal, just give me my change

sleeping is for losers#
Shocky1
a very sad update re: onetime cal commit sami eleraky & a sobering reminder to all of our student athletes re: the dangers of academic fraud/cheating

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25411019/ncaa-investigation-leads-to-suspension-of-pacifics-ron-verlin-assistant

50 year decision#
Shocky1

us news is ranking cal #3 in their 2015 collegiate world rankings

a cal degree is like a winning lottery ticket, it will open an unlimited number of doors in the future in your quest to achieve your dreams & goals in life...today's highly competitive global marketplace favors those that are well educated, that's just the way it is...if you go to an academically mediocre school & get injured you are ******, that's why you got to be mentally limitless

but you gotta have academic ambition to graduate from cal, are you willing to do the work?

yeah, ambition is priceless, it's something in your veins

50 year decision#
Shocky1
who are them california golden bears basketball team?

alan crabbe-3.3 gpa@price (currently playing w/portland trail blazers)
justin cobbs-3.39 gpa@bishop montgomery
richard solomon-3.5 gpa@price
jeff powers*-3.6 gpa@delasalle
ricky kreklow*-3.72 gpa@rocky bridge
david kravish*-4.1 gpa@lee's summit north
tyrone wallace-3.5 gpa@bakersfield
christian behrens*-3.5 gpa@tahoma
jabari bird-3.0+gpa@salesian
jordan mathews-3.55 gpa@santa monica
sam singer-3.4 gpa@ransom everglades
kameron rooks-3.5 gpa@mission hills
roger moute a bidias-3.0+ gpa@notre dame
kingsley okoroh-3.0+ gpa@westwind prep/findlay prep
stephen domingo-3.4 gpa@st ignatius
brandon chauca-3.85 gpa@shannon forest christian school
cole welle-4.37 gpa@aptos
nick hamilton-4.2 gpa@westchester
brenden glapion-4.1 gpa@washington
dwight tarwater*-3.9 gpa@webb school
xavier valdes-4.0 gpa@woodlands
ivan rabb-3.15 gpa@bishop o'dowd
jaylen brown-3.1 gpa@wheeler
nick kerr-3.9 gpa@torrey pines
roman davis-3.5 gpa@winward
tyson jolly-3.1 gpa@putnam city west

*will graduate/graduated from cal joining 2012 grads bak bak, brandon smith & robert thurman

cal fans can expect every player listed above to either leave cal with a degree and/or a nba contract..patrick christopher, justin cobbs & richard solomon all have around one remaining semester of schoolwork necessary to earn their cal degrees...as the wise marco harris once told me, men take care of their business

of the 300+ ncaa d1 bb teams, cal is among the most academically elite programs along with stanford and the ivy leagues most noteably harvard

the above is the MOST IMPORTANT stat sheet in cal basketball

this is the difference between basketball factories that use up & then discard their workers (leaving them unemployable on the streets) in today's highly competitive global economy and legitimate collegiate institutions of higher learning with an academic purpose...if you go to an academically mediocre school like kentucky or arizona & get injured you are ******

academic ambition is a beautiful thing, it will open doors in business after your basketball days are over & help you meet the girl of your dreams (and you're not thinking about it now but it will also help you raise intellectually curious children someday)...you can be limitless mentally

curvy brunette yoga females from academically mediocre schools wanna date & marry cal, stanford & ivy league grads when they leave their school & enter the real world, that's just the way of the world

don't be a dumb azz#

Shocky1
[video=youtube;OkHOyqN7yM8][/video]

mark my words, coach webster is gonna do the happy dance again before this season ends
HoopDreams
[SIZE=7][COLOR="#0000CD"][FONT=Comic Sans MS]you so fly
[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842614478 said:

measuring fun is subjective, the guys were definitely having fun at the end of the wyoming game in hostile laramie when everybody was screaming & out of their chairs physically & emotionally engaged in the moment (i'm that way 24/7)...yeah my boy nick hamilton was doing the victory crab leg dance with knees bowed & fists pumping while screaming from the rooftops

i would like to see the players, coaches & staff more ******* loud, sometimes the only voice i hear other than myself is coach martin...i dunno, maybe he told everybody to shut the **** up or so he can think or something

basketball like life is an emotional deal, celebrate that fact & let's enjoy this adventure together...i can't live, i can't breathe unless you do this with me

lose the stoic fake model look#

when the california golden bears play like little kids playing basketball on the playground with their best friends they play their best basketball

do not argue with me, this point is not open to debate

coach martin, why can't we be the most energized, the loudest, the most fun loving bench in the united states of ******* america every game?

there's no need for us to wait until the final 5 minutes before we amp up the dancing & the volume, ok?...let's get this party started at the opening tip off

uptight teams underachieve, loose teams stay together & can play to their potential so let's lose the stoic fake model look from now on...don't worry, i'll assist with this endeavor vs coppin state during pregame stretching while you do your thing further afar

[video=youtube;VuSVlsX2XS0][/video]

let if fly, jabari

the love train#
Shocky1
elijah thomas a 6'9" 235 lbs top 50 player in the 2015 class with a 3.8 gpa at lancaster high school (texas) is gonna transfer mid season from texas a&m...travis decuire told me about thomas back in the day when he started tracking him during aau summer ball until it became clear at the time that he wasn't likely gonna leave his home state for college
First Page Last Page
Page 253 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.