cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,271,467 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Shocky1
NYCGOBEARS;842681416 said:

Jaylen's draft stock was never going to rise any higher. He's smart to leave.

agreed, jaylen made the right decision for jaylen & ivan made the right decision for ivan

love both of those guys

but let's be real here, not as much as young ivee's new roommate (somebody had better tell kam to quit walking around the house in those sponge bob boxers)

this is cal basketball#
Shocky1
north carolina state's duo brothers caleb (#14, 6'7" 215 lbs) & cody (6'7" 210 lbs) from mocksville, north carolina will be officially visiting cal this weekend...both were top 50 players in the 2014 class & nationally recruited by elite basketball programs

last season for the wolfpack caleb averaged 11.5 ppg on 38.9% fgs & 36.1% 3 pointers along with 4.7 rpg while cody averaged 6.0 ppg on 46.7% fgs & 42.9% 3 pointers along with 4.4 rpg

both would blueshirt if they end up in berkeley (although there's a small chance they could graduate early from nc state & therefore be immediately eligible) & be eligible to play in 2017...they are the 4th & 5th players to transfer from nc state this offseason after a disappointing 16-17 season & it's unlikely that mark gottfried would release them to other acc schools

it is not known if j cole is also contemplating a transfer to cali too

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including north carolina)
Shocky1
Shocky1;842659547 said:

congrats to the rapidly growing cal basketball fan base that turned off their tv sets & traveled to haas pavilion on gamedays (often with their family & friends) that resulted in a perfect 18-0 season at our palace:gobears:

we got a true loud & hostile homecourt haas advantage which is critical for recruiting, big time recruits wanna play on large stages:bravo

the attendance increased a remarkable 25.7%, this will probably be the #1 increase in college attendance this season thanks to your loyal passion & energy for our true student athletes & hard working staff:axe

2015/2016 average game attendance for pac 12 teams was as follows:
1) arizona-14,257
2) utah-12,998
3) california-10.183 (25.7% increase over prior season)
4) colorado-8,540
5) ucla-8,072
6) oregon-7,467
7) washington-6.978
8) oregon state-6,256
9) arizona state-5,807
10) usc-4,607 (it's true, nobody gives a **** about usc basketball)
11) stanford-4,393
12) washington state-2,857

season in the california sun#:woohoo

what's your role with 2016/2017 attendance at haas pavilion & continuing to support the upward trajectory of the cal basketball program?

if you're a tv fan, are you gonna get to berkeley on a few gamedays next season?

if you're a fan, are you gonna get season tix(s) next season?

if you're a season tix(s) holder, are you gonna renew & increase the # of seats to include other people in your family/circle of friends?

you are the key to the future of the cal basketball program, the increased attendance this year & the historic 18-0 perfect home record are intertwined, our guys played significantly better in berkeley in front of our loud loyal fans than they did on the hostile road, hopefully they will play with greater mental toughness on the road next season

with ivan returning, the time is now for everything

let's do this
concordtom
Shocky1;842681560 said:

what's your role with 2016/2017 attendance at haas pavilion & continuing to support the upward trajectory of the cal basketball program?

if you're a tv fan, are you gonna get to berkeley on a few gamedays next season?

if you're a fan, are you gonna get season tix(s) next season?

if you're a season tix(s) holder, are you gonna renew & increase the # of seats to include other people in your family/circle of friends?

you are the key to the future of the cal basketball program, the increased attendance this year & the historic 18-0 perfect home record are intertwined, our guys played significantly better in berkeley in front of our loud loyal fans than they did on the hostile road, hopefully they will play with greater mental toughness on the road next season

with ivan returning, the time is now for everything

let's do this

please don't make this your 2016 off-season slogan. That voice is haunting enough already.

Shocky1
onetime cal recruit (used to talk with coach webster almost daily) & current unlv commit carlos johnson got official visits to boise state, oregon state & washington, not a good fit academically for the bears
Shocky1
concordtom;842681579 said:

please don't make this your 2016 off-season slogan. That voice is haunting enough already.

do you got season tix(s)?
concordtom
Permission granted.

Shocky1
tom, do you got season tix(s) or not?
concordtom
Shocky1;842681583 said:

tom, do you got season tix(s) or not?

Pops does.
I go whenever I want.
They rotate thru the family depending on demand. We sort it out a day or two beforehand.
I'm the most fevered, obviously, so I usually get first dibs. I live 100+ miles away so don't go as much as I used to. I started attending regularly when Leon committed. He drew me in, got me refocused on my love for HS-college hoops after focusing earlier on marriage, career, baby-making. A NY broker friend who grew up with Kerry Keating told me Leon was once rated #2 behind Lebron in that class, and then in California it came down to Powe vs Trevor Ariza (for bragging rights). Been hooked ever since. Preseason is my favorite time, cause all the guys play and it's good to see in person, how they move, act - prospecting/evaluating. By conference, their abilities are mostly understood (by me) and so I'm happy to watch from home with the kids and not make the effort, while dad/bro prefer the more crowded and popular conference foes. I don't need that to get excited. I don't rush the court.

PtownBear1
mikecohen;842681382 said:

Somebody on this Board mentioned something about the NCAA having an insurance program (with a 10 million dollar benefit limit) for guys who could get drafted but prefer to stay in school with the risk that one injury wipes out all that 7-figure earnings potential. If that's the case, and it applies to Rabb, that answers a lot of questions; AND it raises questions about Jaylen (the only answers to which I could think of was that his family needed (or wanted) the money sooner rather than later.

Draft insurance has been around for some time. Can't find the article now but I think it was Shabazz Muhammad that received a hefty insurance payout for being drafted outside the top 10.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842678780 said:

what up, grant?

you're racking up the frequent flyer points with visits to syracuse last friday, cal yesterday & today & michigan this wednesday

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2016/04/columbia_graduate_transfer_gra.html

but let's be real here, both syracuse & michigan would both be major drops down from an academic perspective after columbia, if you want to work on wall street or in the financial markets in san francisco, los angeles or london you might want to keep that in mind...where do you want to live this summer when you start grad school?

http://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/rankings

grant mullins is expected to decide between cal, syracuse & michigan this week
concordtom
Nice thing about that arrangement is I am apparently not tied to Cal as a booster, as far as the NCAA is concerned. So, let me know if you want me to put in a good word for a certain Woodcreek prospect. :p

I'm confident I am precisely the Closer that Cal needs on this deal!
petalumabear
Interesting to see that photo and realize that of the four (3 were either verbals or wanna be verbals) only one actually made it into Cal. What could have been.
concordtom
No kidding!
At the time, Frayer was the verbal, Dillard was offered and immediately accepted after the game. I uploaded the photo as passenger on the bay bridge as that news was released upon our departure from the game.
Rabb and Caleb were longshots.
My bro was totally clueless as to what I was so exited about - who these guys were. Couldn't understand why I had to upload some photo.

Of course, I had been reading the Monster thread and been getting all my insights (less advice about curvy yoga instructors) from the Shocking Madman himself.
Shocky1
tom, it's very important that fans never contact or speak with prospective student athletes...seriously

jordan brown, the #2 player in the 2018 class after marvin bagley, is the #1 priority on the staff's big board & jb has unofficially visited berkeley numerous times including closed practices & gamedays and has indicated that cal is recruiting him the hardest

if you want to assist the cal basketball program why don't you give you dad a couple of bucks so he can get another season tix or two for you so the whole family can attend?
Shocky1
petalumabear;842681593 said:

Interesting to see that photo and realize that of the four (3 were either verbals or wanna be verbals) only one actually made it into Cal. What could have been.

frayer & dillard never had the gpas to become accepted by cal admissions, this has caused frustration within the cal staff but that's only because they seriously ignored the academic requirements to compete at the #1 ranked public university in the world

learning curve (for everybody)#
concordtom
Shocky1;842681596 said:

if you want to assist the cal basketball program why don't you give you dad a couple of bucks so he can get another season tix or two for you so the whole family can attend?

it's the miles and time, man. Not the coin.
That coin is going be at Cal in the end of days either way...
concordtom
Shocky1;842681596 said:

tom, it's very important that fans never contact or speak with prospective student athletes...seriously

jordan brown, the #2 player in the 2018 class after marvin bagley, is the #1 priority on the staff's big board & jb has unofficially visited berkeley numerous times including closed practices & gamedays and has indicated that cal is recruiting him the hardest

Don't worry.
But what do you think about blue and gold ribbons lining certain streets?
Shocky1
concordtom;842681601 said:

Don't worry.
But what do you think about blue and gold ribbons lining certain streets?

not a fan, attending a woodcreek high school game wearing cal gear & screaming your azz off re: berkeley is probably a better idea
concordtom
Shocky1;842681602 said:

not a fan, attending a woodcreek high school game wearing cal gear & screaming your azz off re: berkeley is probably a better idea

How about "AND", as in both?

dal9
Shocky1;842680757 said:

congrats dal, here's the deal

1) if you are a curvy brunette yoga female, you (& your sister) are invited to an all expenses paid class at my regular scottsdale studio

2) if you got a single digit handicap, you can tee it up with me in the hamptons this summer in july

3) if you don't qualify under the 1st two criteria, you are hereby formally invited to sit by me on the floor of the greatest ******* place in the world, haas pavilion on a november/december gameday on the campus of the #1 ranked public university on planet earth...and yeah, if you wanna storm the floor with me (purple villebrequin linen dress shirt with a euro cut) that's encouraged too (if you can get by gordon & the 1st wave of security, need a quick decisive 1st step)

*all prizes are tax free and non transferable & probably include sushi/grass fed waygu beef at some point

Shocky, I appreciate the generous offers. I'm afraid I don't qualify under the first two, unless we are talking putt-putt (I have conquered nearly all of the 50 most difficult windmills in the U.S.) And for 3), I live about as far away from Berkeley as is possible in the continental U.S. #literallysnowingrightnow . Please transfer my prize to someone more local (for example the younger Marjele brother--he looks like he could use a break).
Shocky1
dal9;842681665 said:

Shocky, I appreciate the generous offers. I'm afraid I don't qualify under the first two, unless we are talking putt-putt (I have conquered nearly all of the 50 most difficult windmills in the U.S.) And for 3), I live about as far away from Berkeley as is possible in the continental U.S. #literallysnowingrightnow . Please transfer my prize to someone more local (for example the younger Marjele brother--he looks like he could use a break).

dal9, you gotta read the fine print, all cal's monster class promotional events & awards are non-transferable (unless you are a curvy brunette yoga female with a sister), you are hereby awarded a rain ticket for potential future use

and don't try to blame snow as a reason for not having yoga practice, not buying that sorry broken down azz excuse at all...you kinda sound like coach martin after the games explaining why the bears didn't/couldn't feed young ivee with lob/entry passes in the low post, talking about some **** that you gotta let the game come to you, **** that ****, impose your ******* will

concordtom
[video=youtube;d2XdmyBtCRQ][/video]

Here ya go - just for YOU!
Shocky1
tom, that video is around 30 years outdated (kinda like a lot of your views)

but that's ok, we're not here to judge
Shocky1
wild azz speculation (as opposed to the facts usually contained in the cal's monster class): stevie thompson sr is hired as an assistant coach, his son stevie jr transfers with him to berkeley & is eligible in 2017 & ethan is a 2017 lock for cal...both stevie jr & ethan are 3.5+ gpa true student athletes
parentswerebears
Shocky1;842681696 said:

wild azz speculation (as opposed to the facts usually contained in the cal's monster class): stevie thompson sr is hired as an assistant coach, his son stevie jr transfers with him to berkeley & is eligible in 2017 & ethan is a 2017 lock for cal...both stevie jr & ethan are 3.5+ gpa true student athletes

That would be glorious!
Shocky1
parentswerebears;842681702 said:

That would be glorious!

correction: stevie jr graduated with a 4.33 gpa & ethan got a 4.0 gpa...both sharpshooters have been coached up by their dad & also bishop montgomery's legendary head coach doug mitchell (coached justin cobbs & richard solomon, we've talked about solo & his dad wanting him to play as a stretch 4, a decision which has cost him millions)

pretty sure the thompsons wouldn't require the cal staff to partake in their self inflicted drama with the cal admissions office with respects to acceptance into berkeley

shut up, shocky#
concordtom
Shocky1;842681690 said:

tom, that video is around 30 years outdated (kinda like a lot of your views)

but that's ok, we're not here to judge

oh yeah?
did you follow the link I provided for you, below the 30 year old video?
I figure it goes with your sexy curvy yoga girls image hunting.
That's timeless.
parentswerebears
Shocky1;842681704 said:

correction: stevie jr graduated with a 4.33 gpa & ethan got a 4.0 gpa...both sharpshooters have been coached up by their dad & also bishop montgomery's legendary head coach doug mitchell (coached justin cobbs & richard solomon, we've talked about solo & his dad wanting him to play as a stretch 4, a decision which has cost him millions)

pretty sure the thompsons wouldn't require the cal staff to partake in their self inflicted drama with the cal admissions office with respects to acceptance into berkeley

Still a dream I would love to have come true.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842613886 said:

let's be real here, miss paddlebrooks a 63 year old recess monitor with a bum hip at montera middle school in oakland has taken away more basketballs (after the lunch hour) than them sorry broken down candy azz soft california golden bears during the last 30 days, ok?

kinda wish some of them current bears had more of a **** you up attitude like miss paddlebrooks, asha thomas & paris austin, they will knock you on your azz & take that basketball every time

candy azz soft#

guess what, them sorry azz mute ******* bears finished the season ranked #337 (out of 346 teams) in forcing the least amount of turnovers (9.76 per game)...yeah, it's true them bears led the pac 12 in field goal defense % but let's be real here, you gotta take the ball away in order to win on the road, those are game momentum changing plays...and the bears didn't win many games on the road this year, the alpha males didn't step forward & impose their will

maybe if the guys would act like the dude on the other team was trying to inflict harm on their moms they would play more aggressively & just take the ball away with attitude...so whose gonna get the 50/50 loose balls & dig balls out of the paint next season?

this team got pac 12 championship/deep run in the ncca tournament talent but it's really not clear if they got the **** you up attitude necessary for championship basketball

it's true, smoking can kill you but let's be real here, so can miss paddlebrooks
Shocky1
Shocky1;842674777 said:

young ivee, you heard me yell/encourage you this entire season for you to "demand the ball, impose your will"...i love the volleyball twitter clip (make sure the volume is on full blast) of you below getting all hypy with kam (and also note your roommate jaylen's joyous smile/smirk at your future impersonation), that's what i'm talking about, you are amped up like fallon at a raiders game

it's sage advice when coaches tell players to let the game come to them...but young ivee, you've never been a regular guy, you have skills to not only serve as a student athlete role model with a strong sense of social responsibility for the young ones in oaktown but you also got the ability to impose your will on the game, to change it's outcome with your sheer perseverance & once in a lifetime skillsets...i would love to see you continue to become more vocal

but you gotta be 100% ******* fired up to make this happen, let's do this

https://twitter.com/calmensbball
[video=youtube;AVq5lc6sVVo][/video]

impose your will (in everything that you do)#:bravo

young ivee, as the best returning player in college basketball, you got the upside to be the #1 player drafted in the 2017 nba draft, are you gonna do the offseason work to make this happen?

are you gonna let the game come to you (again) or are you gonna impose your ******* will next season particularly during road games at faraway hostile venues?

one thing is for sure, i'm gonna be there for every second in person to support you & your teammates for what could be a season of unlimited potential

sweat equity (for those that you love)#
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842678378 said:

[SIZE=5]Roman got game[/SIZE]

name that california golden bear:

what bear has been involved in the most fights/skirmishes during practices this season?

what non rotation bear has been noted by nba scouts during pregame warmups (45 minutes before tip off) for his freak athleticism?

what bear brought a robust 3.5 gpa to cal's diamonds are forever class (2015) which was an integral part of important confidential acceptance negotiations with cal admissions that impacted another key player?

what bear said before the team traveled down under that he was excited but that he didn't know how to speak any australian?

what bear led the pac 12 in the most missed uncontested 5 footers during pregame warmups (yeah, i keep track of that ****)?

what bear did coach christopher tell me unconditionally does absolutely everything he instructs him to so without hesitation & has made major strides in his s&c with the addition of significant good weight/muscle?

yeah, roman davis is gonna bring a much needed bad azz element to next season's team chemistry

[video=youtube;zMbUrEQtdU0][/video]
Shocky1
Shocky1;842677604 said:

the cal staff is in discussions with 7' 249 lbs drake freshman transfer dominik olejniczak from poland

given the 2016 class academic recruiting challenges (which will be discussed in more depth as things play out), it's a very positive sign to note that olejniczak told the des moines register that "i choose drake (the college, not the artist) because it seems to be a school that offers a balanced educational program that links together academics and school...i feel excited about acquiring knowledge both on the court and beyond it as well as a sought after job applicant"

does that sound better than you "wanna go to a pure basketball school" or you "are gonna get buckets" or you "want to have the ball in your hands from day 1 (regardless of competition)"?

as a freshman in rural farmland iowa olejniczak averaged 6.5 ppg on an absolutely remarkable 72.2% field goals & 4.1 rpg despite being mystically undertilized at 16.5 mpg

but more importantly it is a cal's monster class exclusive scoop that dominik's girlfriend natalia
(who will most likely sit courtside next to me if he commits to cal) was a star fan at the 2014 world cup hosted by brazil & won by germany...do you got your season tix(s) for next season at haas?

dominik, yeah we got them curvy brunette yoga females in the beautiful & diverse cosmopolitan san francisco bay area too which is a blending pot of cultures from around the globe

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including poland)

dominik olejniczak will officially visit cal may 5th thru the 7th, has already tripped to colorado (don't think he's a pothead) & will be visiting ole miss (a truly mediocre academic school for dumb azzs with nasty humid hot summers) this week thru friday
Shocky1
important note: the guy to the left of natalia in the foto above is dominik, he's not that tall of a 7 footer when he slouches

natalia, on the other hand, has really good posture from her dedicated yoga practice
First Page Last Page
Page 316 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.