cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,276,395 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
absolute stormin' the floor shockster literary recommendation for the darkest corners by author kara thomas

the darkest corners is a masterful suspense novel written in the same genre of gillian flynn's gone girl & is more edgy than harlan coben's bestsellers

reading (watching tv is an absolute waste of time) is a portal into other worlds, an expansion of your mind to new thoughts & places on our journey into becoming mentally limitless

ohio river monster#
Shocky1
[video=youtube;1IEj3fjL680][/video]

one of the emotional highlights for the cal basketball program's 2016 season was senior brenden glapion receiving a scholarship for the spring semester from coach martin in team meeting room surrounded by his teammates/friends for life

brenden told me that he's gonna graduate from cal this may & then move back to his truly wonderful parents lynn & eric glapion's home in san francisco while he studies for the lsat in his quest to becoming a successful attorney...he told me he will try to attend as many games as possible next season at haas pavilion to support his guys

taylor & i did the hang with the glapions near the end of the banquet & coach webster dropped by to tease brenden about how his dad would get to the games kinda early say 4:30 pm on gamedays...eric threw it back with the comment that's the only way he could see his son play on the court...a lot of laughter & maybe a little sadness on taylor's part, she asked me on our drive across the bay bridge to san francisco to eat (i only nibbled on my chicken & taylor declined her plate) at the very edgy bix (which is located in a dark alley near little italy) after the banquet forlornly why do guys get to play for only 4 years?...that's one of the great mysteries of the universe, sweetie

brenden gave an emotional banquet ending speech re: his experiences at cal which included the observation that "uc berkeley is where the best come to learn and the best come to compete"

let's be real here, as the prez of the brenden glapion fan club, taylor is kinda jealous that her crush has more shoes in his locker than she does in her closet...time will tell how that plays out

Shocky1
LOUMFSG2;842683282 said:

Shocky, who is joshua here? (I'm drawing a blank)

joshua martin
south bender
concordtom;842684546 said:

And I hear Donald Trump spew a whole host of non-truths every day, in hopes that people won't notice and just buy it, like, if you say it enough times, it can become true.

+1
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Cal softball with the 3 game sweep of Stanford on their home field![/SIZE]

socaltownie
Shocky1;842684424 said:

socal, most sports fans (including cal fans on this board) objectify their sports heroes & view these males as disposable (the let's cut brandon chauca piece of **** crowd) modern day gladiators

roger moute a bidias told me that one of the reasons that he & the players love the cal's monster class is that i try to tell the whole story, to share the dreams & aspirations including academic profiles with gpas of our high character true student athletes...the guys know that i truly love all of them & support them in their own individual quests, their unique stories are what drives the cal's monster class

as for the objectification of women, i don't do that at all, i only celebrate curvy brunette yoga females, that's how i am wired...i am not neutered like a lot of the whiny azz complainers on this board that are lacking not only nuts but also senses of humor & adventure

it's also been my experience that the people who object most about the premium our society places upon appearances for both females & males tend to be real ugly azz people that don't work out at all...these people don't got dedicated yoga practices (or a flat stomachs), they ride in lazy azz golf carts instead of walking when they tee it up, and they got a bunch of fat azz tv watching excuses why they don't got the energy to be at haas pavilion on gamedays

the happiest people in the world (and i'm very fortunate to be part of that group) are passionate people that treasure each day & relentlessly pursue their passions regardless of life's obstacles...it's the journey, not the destination

namastae#

The problem shock is that we know that what is considered the ideal female form (apparently for you the curvy brunette yoga master) is socially constructed. Most guys can't take that but it is true. Marilyn Monroe would be considered plus size in today's world. 500 Years ago the waifs of the monster board would not be considered beautiful and instead males looked to Rapheal depictions of beauty (why? Cause having a plump wife was an outward expression of your affluence in that she didn't have to work and you kept a full larder). Cultures outside the west look at piercings and stretching as key requirements for beauty.

Once you accept that culture plays a huge role in what is considered "beautiful" it isn't a huge leftist step or some Berkeley PC jump to see a bunch of that social construction as reflecting patriarchy. And once you do THAT, even if the small reptilian part of your brain DOES like curvy yoga brunette (raises hand) you don't have to like it nor think it is acceptable to promote it.

Again, I would HIGHLY recommend the recent ad campaign Dove did where they showed american women describe themselves to a sketch artist. It is sad, eyeopening and might cause you to take a second glance at some of your words and posting.

(Oh and I would point out that in a lot of AMERICA you are considered unattractive? Why? Probably because as a rule Anglo-Saxons skew slightly higher on the height curve and more are blond and for a long time American culture promoted europeans of that stock over mutes like you from inferior countries l;-)
Shocky1
Shocky1;842682549 said:

welcome new assistant coach tim o'toole to the cal family as coach martin completes the program's coaching staff

o'toole was most recently on johnny dawkin's staff at stanford & clearly understands the unique dynamics of recruiting high gpa true student athletes...prior to that he was the director of basketball operations at syracuse & was on their bench for the 2013 final four run, he was also an assistant coach under coach boheim during 1992-1995...the renaissance man has worked as an espn college basketball analyst & perhaps most impressively while working as the head coach of the fairfield stags he was recognized by the state of connecticut for implementing a reading program that reached 65,000 kids that emphasized the importance of academics as well as athletics

from a recruiting standpoint, o'toole will bring longtime established east coast connections & relationships to the cal basketball program which will complement the geographical strengths of coach webster (midwest) & coach jones (the west coast)

coach o'toole's experience in game planning against specific pac 12 teams & players will also be a huge plus from a scouting report standpoint during the season

sitting on the floor directly from the opposing team's bench, i've absolutely noticed o'toole's fiery personality which sharply contrasted to the stoic demeanor of dawkins (check out the foto above)...he seemed to have a strong connection with the cardinals players, coaching them up in a positive way...dude is gonna be a ball of energy at haas pavilion on gamedays, he's got a lotta energy

this is a very strong hire that will further the cal basketball program's current upward trajectory

welcome to tim, berkeley

today is tim o'toole's 1st day on the job

tim, this is the official schedule for your morning

7:00 am drop by goodwill & donate all that ugly azz red clothing including the ties
7:15 am kale raspberry salad breakfast with coach christopher
7:30 am: tour of campus including chancellor nicky d's trap house & the view from the university club at memorial stadium
8:15 am: hr paperwork & **** like that
8:30 am: break down for the rest of the staff how your syracuse adapted zone defense resulted in minimal touches for ivan rabb in cal's upset loss to stanford in palo alto this season
9:00 am share the stanford recruiting prospect list for the 2021 class of all guys with at least a 3.5+ gpa
9:15 am read the cal's monster class
noon ask coaches martin, webster, jones, harris & greene where's the best barber in berkeley?...eat lunch alone
concordtom
Shocky1;842684657 said:

9:00 am share the stanford recruiting prospect list for the 2021 class of all guys with at least a 3.5+ gpa
Noon...eat lunch alone

The 2021 class is in 7th grade. They don't have gpa's.
And, I thought you were flying into town to give coach a tour of the campus and introduce him to your favorite yoga studios in town. (?)
Shocky1

marcos harris promised me at the banquet that he will not schedule a road visit to st marys at their tiny crack house in moraga, it makes no sense to play anywhere that can only give us 25 tickets when we're are trying to organically grow the cal fan base...the gaels can visit haas pavilion again if they want to strengthen their rpi for the nccca selection committee

in the preseason the bears will travel to spokane to play gonzaga (the zags will play at haas pavilion in the 2017 season) & to sacramento to play in the new golden 1 arena that is currently being constructed downtown vs san diego state (which heavily recruits the area) as a neutral site game which will also be a great opportunity for all of jordan brown's family, friends, coaches, teammates, classmates & the mailman to check out the california golden bears

cal will also host wyoming & new head coach allen edwards, not gonna miss coach shyatt & his dirty player accusations

the most exciting game at haas pavilion in the preseason will be the virginia cavaliers invading berkeley, expect their energized fan base (as well as their ugly azz mascot) to travel well to california for that game

in large part due to the relentless ticket marketing efforts on the cal's monster class & my successful efforts in recruiting both ivan rabb & jaylen brown, cal's gameday attendance at haas pavilion grew by a remarkable 25.7% last season which will potentially be the #1 attendance growth mark in college basketball

do you got your season tix(s) to your palace, are you gonna experience the magic of cal basketball in person on gamedays at your palace?

the palace#
ibelieveNyou
Shocky1;842683972 said:

do you know somebody that every time you see them they got such a big azz smile that you immediately feel their infectious love & happiness too?...yeah, i feel that way about them curvy brunette yoga females but that's not the point

nick "the smartest bear of them all" hamilton is one of those people, he always smilin' every day, the skies are never gray, he's happy every day

hamilton blueshirted this season & nick told me at the banquet he will play/graduate (in a remarkable 3 years with a 3.7 gpa) next season & then play the 2017 & 2018 seasons as a graduate student in berkeley's school of education...his gates foundation scholly will financially cover all 5 years at the #1 ranked public university in the world...then he will go to law school & become a successful sport's agent & most likely start his own firm

the coaching staff likes his mental & physical toughness, he can defend at a high level with his crazy azz energy...hamilton's ability to knock down open shots is his biggest area of needed development in order to earn playing time

but trust me, taylor isn't signaling nick's gpa:headbang

summer sixteen#

Former 2014 YBS participant and Gates Millennium Scholarship winner Nicholas Hamilton, attending UC BERKELEY and walk-on to the basketball team, recently earned the GOLDEN BEAR ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

The Golden Bear Achievement Awards are presented to the student-athlete with the highest GPA on his or her respective team.
Econ141
For the love of god - pay attention to the sexual harassment segment at the 8:15 session!

Shocky1;842684657 said:

tim, this is the official schedule for your morning

7:00 am drop by goodwill & donate all that ugly azz red clothing including the ties
7:15 am kale raspberry salad breakfast with coach christopher
7:30 am: tour of campus including chancellor nicky d's trap house & the view from the university club at memorial stadium
8:15 am: hr paperwork & **** like that
8:30 am: break down for the rest of the staff how your syracuse adapted zone defense resulted in minimal touches for ivan rabb in cal's upset loss to stanford in palo alto this season
9:15 am read the cal's monster class
noon ask coaches martin, webster, jones, harris & greene where's the best barber in berkeley?...eat lunch alone
Shocky1
kameron rooks told me at the banquet that he played ball in high school at 300 lbs, that he currently weights 250 lbs & that he would feels "too light" right now & that he would like to play next season at 255-260 lbs...coach nicodemus told me that he's more focused upon rook's overall conditioning than any specific lbs goal...my take is that kam is very powerful in his upper body but not as strong in his lower body

when i asked with the departures of both poeltl at utah & zeus at arizona who's gonna be the biggest challenge at the 5 in the pac 12 next season he said dusan ristic for the wildcats, he bangs the whole time...it should be pointed out that when chris boucher at oregon plays the 5 that ivan rabb usually plays the 5 too

kam is not a dumb azz, he entered cal with a 3.5 gpa & with his summer school classes he told me he is scheduled to graduate at the end of next year with a focus upon legal studies...at that point he could either play as a graduate transfer at another school or apply to one of cal's grad school programs which are usually 2 years, my take is that there's a very strong probability that rooks will be leaving berkeley after next season

so let's celebrate kam's academic achievements & appreciate his every moment as a california golden bear next season, he turned down an actionable offer from the donut boy of tucson (and his dad sean's school) to graduate from the #1 ranked public university in the world

kam is soft spoken & sitting near him he was genuinely surprised & emotionally moved when coach martin announced his award as the team's defensive mvp, his handshake is respectful & not bone crunching

k(rooks) owned up to me his secret crush on alicia keys & that he went to see her on bart at the super bowl festivities the night before the game concert in downtown san francisco, it was a zoo but he got to hear her sing from outside the staging area

but make no mistake about it, kam's true love is kristy at the krusty krab, she throws batting practice at him & although he used to play baseball she mostly strikes him out...such is the price of love, kam

Shocky1
fat_slice;842684931 said:

For the love of god - pay attention to the sexual harassment segment at the 8:15 session!

Shocky1
one time tennessee (with coach martin) recruit jimmy whitt is transferring from arkansas to smu
BearsObserver
nothing on the latest offeree?
Shocky1
BearBackerinLA;842685069 said:

nothing on the latest offeree?

bbla, love your enthusiasm but i don't even know her gpa or if she got academic ambition or if she got a dedicated yoga practice (well that's pretty obvious)...plus she's kinda laying the club off on the follow thru which suggests a low ball flight trajectory which could be a plus on windy days but could result in timing issues

let's break it down, ok?

cal interest: the staff has made a phone call just to touch base & gauge potential interest and/or request transcripts (omer yurtseven)

cal offer: the staff is gonna recruit a guy, go to his aau & high school games and build relationships to see if it's truly a good fit for all parties (damari milstead)

cal conditional offer: the staff is willing to accept a player subject to certain conditions being met such as a certain gpa and/or test scores (oscar frayer) or getting cleared by cal admissions (jordan cornish) or a player at the same position rated higher by the staff passing on cal

cal actionable offer: the staff will accept this student athlete's commitment at any time with no string attached (troy brown jr)

let's be real here, 80% of the guys you've mentioned on other threads have had less than a 5% chance of ever becoming part of the cal basketball program

fact checking#
BearsObserver
I am talking about Goodwin.
Shocky1
BearBackerinLA;842685122 said:

I am talking about Goodwin.

i realize that

fact checking#
Shocky1

don't ever forget#
Shocky1
when i told sam singer at the banquet that he seems to play his best basketball when he's got some attitude pointing & clapping (but not taunting) like a bad azz, he told me that coach webster has told him the same thing...we agreed that it was personal with johnny dawkins after he passed on him for the allen twins, ok, that's fine game on now

next season is gonna be his team, it's gonna be sammy's opportunity to run the show, to not only facilitate & distribute for his teammates along with attacking the basket & knocking down the open 3 pointers from the top of the key (his go zone most effective angle on perimeter shooting) but most importantly bringing mentally tough leadership particularly away from the love of haas pavilion & on the hostile road

the great 1s like iverson keep everybody together in their own unique ways, singer is truly respected by his teammates...expect the ball to move better on the floor with improved spacing

sam told me that his classes at the internationally recognized haas undergraduate biz school are going well & when i told him the accounting classes were very challenging/time consuming for me he told me that his moms jani has worked in accounting (his dad bob is a lawyer), he's got this under control

let's do this, sammy

no more mr nice guy (on the court)#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Cal looks to repeat as a top defense in college basketball[/SIZE]

Shocky1
travis decuire's associate head coach at montana ken bone (formerly the head coach at washington state before ernie kent) has resigned & current assistant coach chris cobb will likely be elevated to that role
CoffeeBear
Shocky1;842685162 said:

when i told sam singer at the banquet that he seems to play his best basketball when he's got some attitude pointing & clapping (but not taunting) like a bad azz, he told me that coach webster has told him the same thing...we agreed that it was personal with johnny dawkins after he passed on him for the allen twins, ok, that's fine game on now

next season is gonna be his team, it's gonna be sammy's opportunity to run the show, to not only facilitate & distribute for his teammates along with attacking the basket & knocking down the open 3 pointers from the top of the key (his go zone most effective angle on perimeter shooting) but most importantly bringing mentally tough leadership particularly away from the love of haas pavilion & on the hostile road

the great 1s like iverson keep everybody together in their own unique ways, singer is truly respected by his teammates...expect the ball to move better on the floor with improved spacing

sam told me that his classes at the internationally recognized haas undergraduate biz school are going well & when i told him the accounting classes were very challenging/time consuming for me he told me that his moms jani has worked in accounting (his dad bob is a lawyer), he's got this under control

let's do this, sammy

no more mr nice guy (on the court)#

Sam may become a bad azz on the court, but he's one of the nicest, most genuine people I've encountered in many decades of being a Cal BB fan - same for Jabari...
ccajon
HoopDreams;842684596 said:

[SIZE=5]Cal softball with the 3 game sweep of Stanford on their home field![/SIZE]

That was the last straw for furd softball boosters. Hanson's done. Furds will go all out and try to pick up
one of the best SB coaches in the NCAA, Florida's Tim Walton. Good luck on that, lol.
Shocky1
t-wall is 100% cleared for play by nurse wicked & showed me his cast free hand in the locker room at the banquet

unbreakable#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842649108 said:

burnski, gotta like your marketing ingenuity but after talking to chancellor nicky d & his crew it's agreed we're gonna run a cal basketball promotional bobblehead nite for the ucla game on thursday february 25th at 6:00 pm for the first 10,000 fans in thru the front door at haas pavilion featuring surfer dude cole welle & a curvy brunette yoga female wearing a fuschia bikini...these bobbleheads are gonna be collectors items particularly in santa cruz

our palace is gonna be sold out for sure that nite...do you got your tix(s)?

this **** is getting live

sorry#

visited at the banquet with cole, his dad doc tom & his 6'5" high scoring sophomore bro for aptos high school blake...cole's grandfather james black played for pete newell's 1959 cal ncca championship team & his love for the california golden bears lives on with cole

cole told he played this season at 228 lbs & that he would like to play next year at 230 lbs, when he got to 235 lbs he felt he lost too much quickness...hopefully welle will earn playing opportunities like his crafty footwork reverse basketball layup at pauley pavilion as a freshman

this surfer dude is a true student athlete, he graduated with a 4.4 gpa & currently balances a pre med field of study with big time division 1 basketball time obligations

my favorite moment of cole was an hour after a game this season when i was chatting with some of my san francisco relatives on durant avenue after a bears victory...cole was leaving haas pavilion with a friend but when he saw us he jogged over to say hello, my nieces sydney & bailey and my nephew dillon were thrilled to meet such a gracious & personable cal basketball player who asked them how they were doing & shook hands with each of them (that's great parenting by dana & tom welle)

honestly special moments like that fuel my passion for the magic of cal basketball, it can be a multi generational celebration of life at haas pavilion on gamedays...are you gonna be there to support in person guys like cole?

where's the sunscreen?#
Shocky1

we visited with jabari for a while at the banquet but we spent more time with his moms tonya who taylor describes as "so cute and fun to talk to"

tonya told us that jabari's girlfriend (they started dating in high school) is kelli hayes on the ucla basketball team & she told us that she's flat out admonished both of them that she's "not ready to become a grandmother"

she also puts her foot down with her son's requests for her to deliver 10:00 pm meals to berkeley from the family home in richmond (dad carl was co team mvp of the 1975 california golden bears) & when jabari has mentioned maybe leaving school early for the nba she's told him she doesn't know who's putting these bad ideas in her son's head but that he's gonna earn a degree from the #1 ranked public university in the world before he makes a run at professional basketball

jabari speaks with a sparkly enthusiasm & a brilliant smile, he is a happy person who knows he is loved by a lot of people...but for him to achieve his potential next season he's gotta play with more of a bad azz attitude, to attack the basket relentlessly & further develop his mid range game, his 3 point shooting is already a thing of beauty...a major factor in cal's abysmal free throw shooting this season was that the wrong guys were taking the majority of the free throws, both jabari & jordan need to play more aggressively, get fouled & then knock down 80% of the free throws...bird's defensive improvement in his energized fighting thru screens & defending in a sqat position is 1000% better than his sorry azz standing up posture as a freshman for coach montgomery

coach christopher told me that jabari's dedication & work in transforming his body has been remarkable...but that don't mean nicodemus isn't gonna bust bird eating potato chips at the house every now & then

together we attack

let's do this, jabari

mcdonalds all american (skip the big mac & fries)#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842681051 said:

trevon duvall of dallas, texas is #1 on the donut boy of tucson's big board for 2017 at point guard with colin sexton now #2 & troy brown jr (losing momentum) the #3 priority

coach martin & the cal staff are all in with troy brown jr

the donut boy of tucson has offered 2017 point guard zach dawson from southwest senior miami high school, troy brown jr is now #4 on the wildcats big board for the 1

with a 3.7 gpa including honors & ap classes, it's becoming obvious that troy brown jr's collegiate decision will not be strictly a basketball decision...arizona is such an academically mediocre school with a 95% acceptance rate that they staff don't even got to check with the admissions office on recruits, if you got a prison ged u of a got a spot for you
Shocky1

everlasting love#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842635310 said:

coach martin has extended an actionable offer to 6'6" combo point guard troy brown jr of centennial high school in las vegas, the #2 ranked player in the 2017 class

troy got a 3.7 gpa including ap & honors classes, basketball is not gonna define the future mcdonalds all american, he's not a dumb azz

troy unofficially visited cal & arizona last fall along with duke & kansas (sister jada plays for the jayhawks & writes a sports blog)

yeah, troy brown jr would be an outstanding leader of cal's touch the sky class (2017), he's no lupe fiasco

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including las vegas)

kansas has offered point guard quade green, a top 60 player in the 2017 class, that is blowing up this summer on the aau circuit

cal remains all in on troy brown jr
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]havana, cuba
young boy shooting basketball ... at an imaginary hoop[/SIZE]

[SIZE=6][FONT=Lucida Console]love the game[/FONT][/SIZE]

Shocky1
it should be pointed out that troy brown jr's sister jada is a pastime starter on the kansas jayhawks women's team & will be a senior next season when her bro troy is also a senior at centennial high school in las vegas...jada will be graduated by the time her little bro enters college, she is majoring in broadcast journalism...hopefully jada will accompany troy on his official visit to berkeley & maybe talk shop with fallon smith christopher

rock chalk talk walk (or something like that)#
Shocky1
let's be real here, jada brown got way better hair than coach martin, it's not even close
Shocky1
the entire cal staff including oski is currently listening to learning polish language tapes in preparation for dominik olejniczak's official visit which starts tomorrow

hopefully it will go better than the failed efforts this season to learn basic sign lanaguage that ivan rabb's pointing to the sky with his fingers/hand means he wants a ******* lob/entry pass

Shocky1
the only player i didn't get an opportunity to speak with at the banquet was stephen domingo...but i did get to visit with his very gracious parents moms kirsten & dad patrick from san francisco on the hotel shuttle bus late at nite from the tiny laramie airport to the team hotel by the wyoming campus

they are rightfully very proud of their son's driven work ethic & commendable academic ambition...stephen graduated st ignatius in 3 years with a 3.4 gpa, attended academically well regarded georgetown for the 2 years & is currently enrolled in cal's worldwide recognized haas undergraduate biz school...he is a parent's dream with his dedication to schoolwork & maximizing his educational opportunities

i once asked stephen at a team lunch after practice if he had any regrets re: leaving his school early to go to college back east, he gave me an answer you would expect from someone with a yoga/meditation practice (which i don't think he got) that he doesn't look backwards in life & that everything happens for a reason

several players told me that domingo absolutely lit it up at a recent scrimmage during dante coleman's official visit with klay thompson calibre 3 point shooting, don't really believe he made 8 in a row but that's what i was told

a couple of highly regarded former (not current teammates) marksmen have told me that both stephen & sam singer would improve their shooting percentages if they would shoot the ball with a release more off their fingertips than their palms...holding the ball lower towards the palm results in a lower trajectory shot, both of them shot some serious line drives last year...holding the ball more on the fingertips results in a more lofted shot & better ball rotation which is evident when watching jordan mathews & jabari bird shooting from the nba 3 point line

stephen domingo may not be the biggest shockster fan on planet earth but i love the passion he brings to the team on the defensive end of the court & if he can knock down open 3 pointers next season that would be a huge plus for the cal offense

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including san francisco)
First Page Last Page
Page 321 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.