cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,276,339 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
ccajon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Intermezzo;842306535 said:

Let this be the end of this stupid 180 plus page "Look at me look at me" freak show thing you've got going and just go back to sprinkling your dumbassery in other threads and spare us the endlessly repetitive posts on Justin Labagh, recruting, and inaccurate GPA information that you use to prop up a coaching staff that completely failed both as recruiters and from an APR/Grad Rate standpoint.

So basically, the below GPA's posted by Shocky are not the real deal, and
he just made them up? You mean all of the name dropping, his associations with Jay John, his Country Club dalliances, are lies, all lies??

alan crabbe-3.3 gpa@price (honorary team member/current playing w/portland trail blazers)
justin cobbs-3.39 gpa@bishop montgomery
richard solomon-3.5 gpa@price
david kravish-4.1 gpa@lee's summit north
tyrone wallace-3.5 gpa@bakersfield
ricky kreklow-3.72 gpa@rocky bridge
jeff powers-excellent student@delasalle
garrett galvin-4.0 gpa@torrey pines
jabari bird-3.0+gpa@salesian
jordan mathews-3.55 gpa@santa monica
sam singer-3.4 gpa@ransom everglades
kameron rooks-3.5 gpa@mission hills
roger moute a bidias-3.0+ gpa@notre dame
amhaad rorie-3.6 gpa@lincoln & montverde academy
idrissa diallo-3.4 gpa@cathedral
kingsley okoroh-3.0+ gpa@westwind prep
tequila4kapp
Shocky1;842307069 said:

expect tracy webster join the bears staff

Hey Shocky, what's the ETA on getting the rest of the staff in place?
ccajon
Intermezzo;842306535 said:

LOL at all the Shocky fail throughout this fail. Insider insight? Absolutely zero. Just regurgitating the stuff from all the boards and making you think it was his because he was in the "inner circle." Yet like with everyone else, when the guy was finally named, he found out from the internet like all the rest of us.

Let this be the end of this stupid 180 plus page "Look at me look at me" freak show thing you've got going and just go back to sprinkling your dumbassery in other threads and spare us the endlessly repetitive posts on Justin Labagh, recruting, and inaccurate GPA information that you use to prop up a coaching staff that completely failed both as recruiters and from an APR/Grad Rate standpoint.

I myself don't believe for one second that Shocky does even 10% of what he claims to do regarding his Country Club associations. I DO strongly suspect he's an undergrad @ Cal, who's paying his way thru school by caddying at some of the local CC's. I might believe him is he says he's a scratch golfer, but AI don't have to believe anything else he writes. That being said, he posts some usefull stuff on this board, and overall, is an interesting read, at times. If you don't like his stuff, why not just hit the ignore button.
parentswerebears
ccajon;842307159 said:

I myself don't believe for one second that Shocky does even 10% of what he claims to do regarding his Country Club associations. I DO strongly suspect he's an undergrad @ Cal, who's paying his way thru school by caddying at some of the local CC's. I might believe him is he says he's a scratch golfer, but AI don't have to believe anything else he writes. That being said, he posts some usefull stuff on this board, and overall, is an interesting read, at times. If you don't like his stuff, why not just hit the ignore button.

If he is what you say, why/ how did he pay for my 3 tickets to the USC bball game and have a pretty damn good season ticket seat on the 40 yd line in the ESP area? Pretty pricey for an undergrad caddie.
socaltownie
Who care. Take the personal stuff into PMs
NVGolfingBear
ccajon;842307159 said:

He's indicated to me that he is Not a scratch golfer! That's the only thing I have on him albeit some years ago...

He lives in AZ and is constantly going to all the games, verified by several people, provides a ton of information that no else has provided, etc. Only if he starts asking for strokes would I start to doubt him.

But in this grown-up world on the internet shouldn't we all be responsible for making up our own minds? If you don't like his schtick, move on. That's easy isn't it.
Intermezzo
parentswerebears;842307164 said:

If he is what you say, why/ how did he pay for my 3 tickets to the USC bball game and have a pretty damn good season ticket seat on the 40 yd line in the ESP area? Pretty pricey for an undergrad caddie.

Maybe he steals money from rich white people just like he steals Josh Gershon's stuff from Scout and posts it here as his own info.
Polodad
mezzo...

You are losing it. Good time to quit.
Intermezzo
Polodad;842307218 said:

mezzo...

You are losing it. Good time to quite.

Proof
Polodad
Hmmmm....

Don't think you are authorized to put that link here.

But as it happened, I saw that thread there and concluded that Shocky wasn't as connected to Miller's posse as Gershon, so he asked a question.

Yogi is a flamer. I don't pay any attention.
Optimistic Bear
"It's a real loss," Geyer said. "Shocky is probably the most popular poster on this site, and of course Intermezzo was not convinced of his sandwiches. That's going to be quite a loss."

http://www.dailycal.org/2011/11/21/raleighs-cafe-intermezzo-destroyed-by-fire/
Shocky1

"i saw him quite a bit on the aau circuit, very talented basketball player...i watched him from afar...very talented basketball player but in my opinion probably a better person...i just had an opportunity to talk with him, obviously he was raised well...i'm looking forward and excited to coach him"

-cuonzo martin

cal family#
Shocky1
seattle native td likely to join new wsu cougars hc ernie kent (gotta keep ernie away from the booster's wives) in the beautiful palouse
Shocky1
Vineyardview;842306103 said:

Article on Jon Harris - Martin's Tennessee assistant
http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2011/mar/30/cuonzo-martin-hires-jon-harris-missouri-state-assi/

early 30's played coached at Marquette 1998 -2001

"He's a little more outgoing, I think, than Coach Martin, but at the same time he has a lot of the same toughness that Coach Martin has."

expect jon harris to join the bears staff

that leaves one final opening, don't anticipate kent williams (current tenn assistant coach) being offered a position...hopefully a strong recruiter with west coast hs & aau relationships will fill out coach martin's staff
Shocky1
https://picasaweb.google.com/107601316898850590847/AugustaNationalApril2011#

i've played a dozen plus rounds at augusta national always staying at the butler cabin by the 10th tee during my quest of becoming the 13th (and youngest) person to play the golf magazine world top 100 courses...today is the 3rd anniversary of my completing the quest at nine bridges cc on jeju island in south korea by sinking a 30 foot putt on the final hole

i'm a golf course architecture rankings panelist for golf digest, golf magazine & the executive ratings panel for links magazine...i can literally play almost any golf course in the world as a comped invited guest with a phone call

my next goal according to my buddies is to go to the top 100 strip clubs in the world but actually my real goal is with my yoga practice to transition from a headstand into a handstand

it all started with loops as a caddie at san francisco golf club & a letter of acceptance to the #1 ranked public university in the world

cal is a dream school

and yeah, ahmaad, i'm a momma's boy like you too
bearmanpg
I don't care if Shocky lies or not...........just keep posting the photos of the yoga instructor..........PLEASE!!!!!!
BC Calfan
Shocky1;842307261 said:

seattle native td likely to join new wsu cougars hc ernie kent (gotta keep ernie away from the booster's wives) in the beautiful palouse

Uh-oh, could be a package deal.
Holmoephobic
parentswerebears;842307164 said:

Check and mate. Now can we stop biting the hand that feeds us (information) please. Shocky, keep up the great work!
tequila4kapp
BC Calfan;842307284 said:

Anyone not an Ag major that picks WSU over Cal was never meant to be at Cal in the first place.
NYCGOBEARS
tequila4kapp;842307288 said:

Anyone not an Ag major that picks WSU over Cal was never meant to be at Cal in the first place.

A serious Ag major would go to Davis.
CalAlumnus13
bearmanpg;842307278 said:

I don't care if Shocky lies or not...........just keep posting the photos of the yoga instructor..........PLEASE!!!!!!

On what page of this thread can those pics be found?

Asking for a friend.
Shocky1
BC Calfan;842307284 said:

td has always had ahmaad rorie's best interests at heart...not sure travis would use his close relationship with amhaad to tell him to give up a degree at the #1 ranked public uniersity in the world for a wsu degree

ahmaad is a really smart young man, he knows there aren't a lot of 6 foot pgs in the nba, he needs a cal degree as a backup plan to achieve his goals of creating a better life for both himself & his mom

50 yr decision#
parentswerebears
That's what I have noticed. Rorie is a class act through and through. Whatever school he decides to go to is truly lucky in so many ways. I really hope we can retain him.
Shocky1
richard solomon led the pac 12 in rebounding with 10.0 rpg & shot a highly efficient 54.3% on fgs

those are serious bb #s

solo has built up his body & improved his skills to the pt where he is on the radar of the nba

rich is on track to graduate hopefully this spring at the #1 ranked public university in the world while balancing his bb obligations

richard solomon=cal student athlete

solo advanced his nba outlook with a strong rebounding performance at the portsmouth invitational in norfolk, virginia (tom doak's early in his career riverfront design is the best golf course in the area)...the portsmouth invitational is held in order for fringe 2nd round draft choices to raise their stock playing against each other in front of nba scouting & front office personnel...the only other pac 12 invitee this yr was prolific scorer roberto nelson of osu

richard's stat sheet:

april 16th: 3-9 fgs, 2-4 fts, 8 pts, 8 boards, 5 fouls, 1 assist, 1 to in 26 minutes
april 17th: 4-9 fgs, 1-2 fts, 9 pts, 10 boards, 1 foul, 1 assist, 1 to in 25 minutes
april 19th: 4-10 fgs, 2-3 fts, 10 pts, 14 boards, 3 fouls, 1 assist, 3 tos in 27 minutes
Bearprof
I've thought for a long time that solo could improve to the extent necessary to be an nba player. He has gained steadily in skills and maturity, though he has a ways to go-- probably in both categories. But I suspect he can do it. Definitely rooting for him.
Shocky1
the 2013/2014 california golden bears are no strangers to adversity & being hurt...consider:

***beloved parent dies from brain cancer
***major injuries to multiple players that require long & painful rehabs
***parents divorced
***academically suspended
***unfavorably compared by scouts to aaron gordon & his non stop motor
***characterized by critics as a "classic overachiever"
***snickered by cynics as too jewish to keep up with pac 12 pgs
***regarded by most d1 colleges as too inexperienced playing bb coming from cameroon
***told by wildcat coaches to be too fat to play as a freshman
***regarded as too skinny to be an effective 4 & rebounder in the pac 12
***passed over for pt by coaches at missouri & minnesota for other players
***wasted first 3 yrs of college stubbornly trying to be a stretch 4
***disrespected by other coaches by not guarding his outside shot
***overlooked by cal coaches despite proven ability to let it fly on 3 pters
***compared to cee lo green for failing to hustle back on d
***rejected by hometown ucla for other local guys
***spurned by johnny dawkins for the allen twins
***blasted by fans for sleepwalking in losing to usc
***defeated by dagger to the heart 3 pter in dallas
***turned away by nicky d & his crew
***saddened by farewells to beloved coaches
***ignored by beyonce, rihanna & shakira for sr prom dates

it's true you know, what doesn't kill you truly makes you stronger

so the question remains, will the bears take these life experiences & use them to strengthen themselves into wiser & unbreakable individuals?

will the bears "find a way?"

cal family#
season of discovery#
hurt#

when u r hurt, u must find a way
Shocky1

"i always respect single mothers a lot...particularly my own"-ahmaad rorie

mom matters#
cal family#

"i could care less about a hater, as long as my momma loves me"-ahmaad rorie

"so thankful for my mom. plays both roles 100"-ahmaad rorie

ambition#
http://www.hiphoplead.com/video/wale-ft-meek-mill-rick-ross-ambition-official-video/
HoopDreams
Family man

Shocky1
welcome big mans coach jon harris to the bears staff

that leaves one final opening, don't anticipate kent williams (current tenn assistant coach) being offered a position...hopefully a strong recruiter with west coast hs & aau relationships will fill out coach martin's staff

calfiornia dreamin' shout out to jon, wife heidi (former marquette 1000 pt scorer) & children leah, hailey & jaxson

cal family#
Shocky1
welcome new associate head coach tracy webster & his wife shenetta to the beautiful san francisco bay area

sure hope tracy is gonna lose all the orange pumpkin clothing (other than oct 31st)

tracy, there's a goodwill on telegraph

tracy's #2 priority: build upon your existing relationship with coach middlebrooks & reaffirm idrissa diallo's commitment to cal

what not to wear#
gq#
Shocky1

the most amazing story in cal bb history is perhaps the unbreakable mental toughness of leon powe

growing up in oakalnd, leon and his 6 brothers & sisters & mom connie were often homeless living in shelters, cheap hotels and even abandoned cars

powe became a mcdonalds all american at oakland tech thx to his mentors bernard ward & jonas zuckerman, an all pac 10 1st teamer at cal, a 1st round draft choice of the boston celtics, almost $4m in nba earnings, and has passionately given back & touched lives in oakland

check out this lifestory video re: the kings of leon:

rip: connie landry

50 yr friendships#

cal family#
tower of power#
HoopDreams
only 4 college teams in America have the Jordan brand.... #styln

89Bear
HoopDreams;842307611 said:

Family man

What a great photo!
89Bear
HoopDreams;842307675 said:

only 4 college teams in America have the Jordan brand.... #styln

Those are sharp! Shock, can you hook me up with a pair?
Shocky1
89Bear;842307695 said:

Those are sharp! Shock, can you hook me up with a pair?

hey 89b, when i joined the meb fund, jay john fed exed me a huge box of cal bb swag including a couple of the t shirts that cuanzo is wearing in the foto above (don't think they are sold anywhere), official team sweatpants & jacket, a coaching staff cal golf shirt, a cal hat (i prefer the nike cal golf cap given to me by coach des with shocky inscribed on the side), etc.

give jj a call on mon, donate a couple $ for the meb fund & tell him what size bb shoes you wear

done deal#
First Page Last Page
Page 84 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.