cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,267,059 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
2015 #1 ranked ivan rabb scored 12 pts with 7 boards due to double & triple teaming as the bod dragons (26-4) fiery season ended with a 57-42 loss to modesto christian in the nor cal open division regional playoffs

monty & co need to remain visible with ir and his family this summer...hopefully ivan will continue his successful academic progression at bod
Shocky1
the scoring skills of cal's monster class are unmatched in bears history

ocean league mvp #24 jordan matthew rolled for 41 pts as the santa monica vikings (28-6) invaded neighboring palisades 76-63 in ot in the shutters on the beach battle in the cif so cal section d1 quaterfinal playoffs...bedlam ensued shortly thereafter

cif sd section mvp kameron rooks 7'3/4" scored 24 pts with 10 boards as mission hills (29-4) le mized the inglewood sentinels 49-47 in the cif so cal section d1 quaterfinal playoffs...javert dnp for the sentinels

7' 2014 prospect thomas welsh scored 7 pts with 7 boards & 2015 guard max hazzard (describes cal as a "dream school") scored 17 pts with 10 assists as loyola (25-7) electrified 81-70 the el toro chargers in the cif so cal section d1 quaterfinal playoffs

next tues night will feature jm vs kr
concordtom
Shocky1;842095876 said:

Uh, we've GOT to get a game tape of that online! I can't go to that game in southern section, but really want to see it! Please post if anyone figures that out.
Best of luck to both players. Whoever wins, just make sure you win after that so you make it up here to Sacto for the overall title! THAT one I can make!
Bearprof
south bender;842091295 said:

Ty is our Magic Johnson!

Go Bears!

Maybe it's just me, but when I first saw him I thought that he looks like a young Magic in appearance.
socaltownie
Shocky1;842095876 said:

Where is that game being played? I might go catch it and wear all Cal wear.
Vineyardview
Kameron Rooks‏ tweets

Excited to play against my future teammate (jm) on Santa Monica on Tuesday #Calbound
R90
Brief interview of Mathews and his coach after the thrilling win:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/varsitytimesinsider/2013/03/boys-basketball-jordan-mathews-scores-41-points-in-santa-monicas-ot-win.html
Shocky1
socaltownie;842096075 said:

that would be insightful if you & any other bears fans represent that nite and report your evaluations

the future bears teammates will literally collide in this cif so cal section d1 quaterfinal playoffs game given jm's relentless taking it to the rack and kr's powerful interior d

7:00 pm tuesday march 12th at santa monica hs
Shocky1
what current pac 12 hc & staff best features elite talent?

that would be monty & co

pac 12 mvp of the year:
2013-alan crabbe
2012-jorge gutierrez
2010-jerome randle

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world
concordtom
socaltownie;842096075 said:

SCT:
Please go and PM me your complete analysis! :-)
Shocky1
2014 pac 12 mvp candidates:

justin cobbs & potentially jabari bird

can the bears win the mvp trophy 4 out of 5 years?

the university of california, berkelely=#1 ranked public university in the world
socaltownie
Shocky1;842096180 said:

that would be insightful if you & any other bears fans represent that nite and report your evaluations

the future bears teammates will literally collide in this cif so cal section d1 quaterfinal playoffs game given jm's relentless taking it to the rack and kr's powerful interior d

7:00 pm tuesday march 12th at santa monica hs

Uggh.. If it was at Rooks's HS I would go. Santa Monica in the PM is a good three hours+ from San Diego - the 405 really has become a nightmare anymore ;-(
concordtom
socaltownie;842096952 said:

Uggh.. If it was at Rooks's HS I would go. Santa Monica in the PM is a good three hours+ from San Diego - the 405 really has become a nightmare anymore ;-(

No doubt! See my other post on "LA is a great big freeway".
Where in SD are you? I didn't realize mission hills was essentially Escondido.
Vineyardview
If M Montgomery could add Aaron Gordon to Cal's incoming class fans would be able to start drafting Cal's 5 0ut of 6 League MVP acceptance speech
concordtom
Vineyardview;842096988 said:

If M Montgomery could add Aaron Gordon to Cal's incoming class fans would be able to start drafting Cal's 5 0ut of 6 League MVP acceptance speech

Rabb!
socaltownie
concordtom;842096975 said:

No doubt! See my other post on "LA is a great big freeway".
Where in SD are you? I didn't realize mission hills was essentially Escondido.

Rancho Santa Fe/Rancho Bernardo. Escondido a hop and a jump for us.

A distinct element of my bitterness toward Monty involves driving the 405 to get to the game at Staples against CU last year. The Traffic SUCKED and then I got to turn around and drive back after a horrid performance. My guess is that a big reason Tedford is our former coach involved travel hassles to see the Bears lay an egg against Nevada ;-)
Shocky1
ideally we get to the point whereby annually larry scott just overnights the pac 12 bb mvp trophy unegraved to monty for him to then designate at his discretion (with imput from jj, travis, gottlieb & monty jr of course) the pac 12 mvp from the bears roster

would save everybody a lot of time imo...

go beers
concordtom
Shocky1;842097052 said:

ideally we get to the point whereby annually larry scott just overnights the pac 12 bb mvp trophy unegraved to monty for him to then designate at his discretion (with imput from jj, travis, gottlieb & monty jr of course) the pac 12 mvp from the bears roster

would save everybody a lot of time imo...

go beers

Impossible to do, but at this point I really WOULD like to see a competition where Monty gets to swap teams with any other coach, coach for 1 season, and see what the new standings look like. Ha ha ha, it would be hilarious!

I'll beat you with mine, then turn around and beat you with yours.
concordtom
socaltownie;842097032 said:

Rancho Santa Fe/Rancho Bernardo. Escondido a hop and a jump for us.

A distinct element of my bitterness toward Monty involves driving the 405 to get to the game at Staples against CU last year. The Traffic SUCKED and then I got to turn around and drive back after a horrid performance. My guess is that a big reason Tedford is our former coach involved travel hassles to see the Bears lay an egg against Nevada ;-)

Rb, rsf.
Please tell me you went to MOHs and saw rooks once.:p
socaltownie
concordtom;842097114 said:

Rb, rsf.
Please tell me you went to MOHs and saw rooks once.:p

Yup I did. Very tall. Dominated kids with height and weight. I didn't see a lot of hops. I wouldn't say "project" but I would be pleasantly surprised if he contributes as much next year as Robert T.
Vineyardview
Are any Cal coaches remaining in the Bay and attending Arron Gordon's Mitty squad versus Richard Midgley's Modesto Christian game? Are they still in stealth mode recruiting A Gordon?

YAY AREA'S FINEST‏ tweets: Probably about 500 people in line right now... if you plan on coming to Mitty get here asap

Will Arizona, Washington, or Kentucky be represented?
Vineyardview
YAY AREA'S FINEST‏ tweets - don't sleep on Altman in the Gordon sweeps

Oregon head coach Dana Altman is here watching Aaron Gordon...
ianbearnson
Vineyardview;842097306 said:

i really really want a YAY AREA'S FINEST shirt. somebody help me figure out how to obtain one
concordtom
Vineyardview;842097306 said:

Well, it is said that AG doesn't want to play on the blocks, but Oregon's two bigs Kazemi and Woods are both graduating. Instead they will have Austin and Carter at 11 and 10 min per game returning, both 2 and a half rebounds per game. Hmmm. Of their 6 recruits coming in, the biggest and highest ranked is 4-star Jordan Bell of Long Beach Poly at 6'8".
Doesn't sound ideal. But they'll have a nice backcourt with Artis and Dotson at the 1 and 2. If AG can play the 3 and then Bell at the 4 and Austin at the 5, that's not bad. But they'll need depth - other players to step up. They've got 3 3-star 6'4" guards coming in, too. Young team could need some time to get it. Otherwise, AG wants to be gone asap and so then what does that get them?
concordtom
Thomas Welsh, Loyola,
video here

Shocky1
ocean league mvp jordan matthews (3.55 gpa) scored 15 pts with 5 boards & his santa monica vikings (29-6) protected their surfing home turf from the invading mission hills (29-5) 51-34 despite a gritty 19 pts & 17 boards + 3 blocks by cif sd section mvp kameron rooks (3.5 gpa) in the cif so cal section d1 quarterfinal playoffs...the next time jordan & kameron meet on the court they will be bears teammates...alec baldwin dnp for the vikings...what's in your wallet?

blue collar bad boy thomas welsh (3.8 gpa) scored 20 pts with 13 boards and max hazzard added 12 pts as loyola (26-7) rejected the courtney cox like advances of the crenshaw cougars 93-71 in the cif so cal section d1 quarterfinal playoffs

santa monica vs loyola sat nite for the so cal d1 championship
concordtom
We need a whereabouts report on the Cal coaching staff. Where were they each this evening?!?!?!
Shocky1
all american jabari bird (3.0+ gpa) scored 25 pts in his hs finale as salesian (30-4) went into the night 63-59 in an ot thrillah vs an uber talented sheldon in the nor cal open playoffs...like sam singer, the bird scored over 2000 pts in his hs career

next up for jb is the mcdonalds all american all star game on april 3rd @the windy city's united center
Shocky1
r u wondering about the bears monster class chemistry?

jordan matthews re: kameron rooks: "soft hands, great passer, finishes at the basket...it's going to be fun to play with him"

kameron rooks re: jordan matthews: "he's a really good player...cal is going to have a great (monster) freshmen class...i'm going to work my butt off to make sure i'm part of that success"

anyone still wondering if susie & sean rook's son is commited to the relentless physical conditioning that will be necessary for his future success at the next level?

bears monster class=classy student athletes with respect for their teammates & coaches
smokeyrover
Shocky1;842097423 said:

r u wondering about the bears monster class chemistry?

jordan matthews re: kameron rooks: "soft hands, great passer, finishes at the basket...it's going to be fun to play with him"

kameron rooks re: jordan matthews: "he's a really good player...cal is going to have a great (monster) freshmen class...i'm going to work my butt off to make sure i'm part of that success"

anyone still wondering if susie & sean rook's son is commited to the relentless physical conditioning that will be necessary for his future success at the next level?

bears monster class=classy student athletes with respect for their teammates & coaches

Sam Singer has been tweeting congrats to Jordan (league mvp), Jabari (McD) and Crabbe (POY) too. A lot of good leadership potential for these guys.
R90
Santa Montica vs. Mission Hills articles:

http://hs.utpreps.com/news_article/show/238153
http://www.smmirror.com/articles/Sports/Samohi-Chops-Down-Mission-Hills-51-33-/37001
Shocky1
gottlieb in la last weekend relentlessly checking out diallo again

diallo=unpolished + less bb iq but stronger ivan rabb style playah

carpet in my room breaks one cup right to left...vegas baby
parentswerebears
FWIW, I was checking out the HS basketball playoffs and the verbalcommits page and I noticed that the D-5 NorCal playoffs has a couple of possible 2014 targets: DJ Wilson and Nifae Lealao of Capital Christian.

I know, it is (only) d-5, but, having attended a d-5 school, getting to the NorCal final is not easy. You still have to have skills.

They may not be at the top of our lists and it looks like Lealao is more of a FB player, but the aforementioned website seems fairly accurate, which means that they have been offered. There must be something there that the coaches like.

I wish them (and all of our future prospects) good luck in the next two weeks!

Go Bears!
Vineyardview
2014 & 2015 prospects:

Who has the higher ceiling?
Who do you think will commit to the Cal Bears

2014 Center
6"11"230# Idrissa Diallo 3 star
or
7' 210# Thomas Welsh

2014 Forward
6'9" 210# Evan Fitzner 4 star
or
6'7" 105# Zylan Cheatham #68 Rivals 150

2015 Power Forward
6'9" 195# Ivan Rabb 5 star
or
6'9" 125# ElijahThomas 5 star
parentswerebears
[COLOR="Lime"] Disclaimer*** I have 0 inside knowledge... but... 2014 & 2015 prospects:

Who has the higher ceiling? [COLOR="lime"]I think Welsh, Fitzner and Rabb do.[/COLOR]
Who do you think will commit to the Cal Bears

2014 Center
6”11”230# Idrissa Diallo 3 star[COLOR="lime"]Neither[/COLOR]
or
7’ 210# Thomas Welsh

2014 Forward
6’9” 210# Evan Fitzner 4 star[COLOR="lime"] Fitzner[/COLOR]
or
6’7” 105# Zylan Cheatham #68 Rivals 150

2015 Power Forward
6’9” 195# Ivan Rabb 5 star
or
6’9” 125# ElijahThomas 5 star
[COLOR="lime"]Neither[/COLOR]

Again, this is pure speculation on my part... Just a feeling. Just wanted to put my 2 cents in. And sorry abut the negabear attitude.
First Page Last Page
Page 13 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.