cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,289,385 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
jyamada
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842251960 said:

so i fly in this morning from scottsdale with my daughter shay & her friend katie, drop them off at fisherman's wharf for the afternoon & arrive late in berkeley close to game time...don't even look at my will call tix (in my world, a tix to any event has no correlation to where i usually sit, to me it's all open seating) and just sit down in the 1st row behind jay john, a couple feet away from montgomery & the bears brain trust

right before the opening tip, monty attempts to pull his chair away from td's chair but they are stuck together...in like a dumb & dumber movie scene, they spend 30 seconds examining and pulling on the chairs before they figured it out...these guys ain't that smart

so early in the game montgomery summons an eager night club hero jeff powers to go to the scorer's table...as he walks by, i'm telling powers to "let it fly, baby, no hesitation"...perhaps it's my imagination but i think powers gives me an imperceptible nod, yeah, let's do this

jp's 1st show is an ugly azz brick thrown from the hip at the end of the 35 second clock...i'm clapping for our night club hero & tell him "no worries, keep shooting, baby"

minutes later powers squares up his shoulders & drains a 3 pter...polite applause from the crowd & loud props from the shockster

powers squares up his shoulders & shoots another 3 pter...kaboom...more polite applause from the crowd except me who's yelling, "let it fly, powers, no hesitation"

powers squares up his shoulders & shoots another 3 pter...kaboom...big crowd response & now i'm standing & screaming, "let it fly, baby, let's do this, let's do this"...a couple of the guys on the bench look over to see what the fired up dumb azz in the blue golf shirt & cal cap is going ape **** about

by now the crowd is getting into it...powers works his way into position, squares up & shoots it...kaboom, 4 in a row...i'm standing & screaming "yeah, let it fly, baby, let if fy" & waving my arms to get other people on their feet...there is a collective recognition that maybe something special is going on

haas is starting to get a serious buzz...there is an undeniable undercurrent of anticipation in the crowd & cal bench...powers releases another 3 pter & everybody who's not in a wheelchair is on their feet...bottom of the net, kaboom, 5 in a row...mike, td, gregg, johnny & theo are all looking at each other & grinning...monty by now is shaking his head & smiling...and i'm full throttle screaming by now yelling, "let it fly" which some of the other fans are also starting to repeat

furman's coach is yelling insructions at his players re: "the shooter"

this **** is getting live

by now most of the crowd is on their feet & yelling...the cal bench is going wild...powers catches the ball, squares up his shoulders & releases another 3 pter...the ball floats in slow motion thru the haas airspace with perfect roation...half of the crowd is screaming & the other half is holding their breath...kaboom, 6 3 pters in a row!...the entire cal coaching staff & players are on the floor (ref does not call a technical, he's smiling too as he runs back to the other end of the court)...i'm losing my voice screaming, "let it fly, baby, let it fly" & high fiving everyone around me

the cal universe is in a galaxy of absolute perfection, all the planets are perfectly aligned....jeff powers is 100% del fuego & he finally shows some emotion (dude is usually pretty stoic) with a world class fist pump for the electrified crowd & a smile forever etched in time

jeff powers told me at the santa barbara airport the morning after that game that he mentally prepares himself the same for every game, he's ready to roll...he told me that when he started against washington state, he was told of his starting role at the last minute...the guy never complains or throws a pity party for his broken down sorry azz, he just gets ready for the next game, the next moment of potential opportunity in his life

jeff powers is an unathletic dan majerle, he's a long range pure shooter who understands spacing that plays hard & doesn't commit turnovers...his lack of lateral defensive mobility can be masked for 5-6 minutes spurts by the bears playing zone d

monty & td screwed up by not giving powers a chance to heat it up behind the line during the bears' abysmal frigid shooting performance in the icy santa barbara thunderdome

cal family#
let it fly#

It's kabam, not kaboom!
Shocky1
former cal power forward tony gonzalez is announcing that this will be his final season in the nfl

apparently tony wants to spend more time with his wife october...

for the hearing impaired, october is telling tony "go bring in the trash can, mr hall of famer, and no golf for you today, don't forget my mom is going be here at 3:30, you're not gonna wear that shirt are you?"

cal (which is very challenging & sometimes a grind) opens doors with the girl of your dreams

today is the former cal starting pf for the 1996 sweet sixteen bears & greatest te in the history of the nfl's final game

gonzo has 79 receptions this season for the atlanta falcons heading into today's game vs the carolina panthers

unsubstantiated rumor in berkeley is that theo robertson & jay john are reviewing the ncca rulebooks to determine if the 37 yr old has any collegiate bb eligibility left and more importantly, if october can be a mid year enrollee for the dance squad (if you don't think october doesn't do yoga 5 times a week, you are clueless)

cal family#
50 yr decision#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including atlanta & every yoga studio around the globe)

Shocky1
Shocky1;842251725 said:

2015's ultra bouncy wing marquese chriss from elk grove's pleasant grove will be unofficially visiting cal this sun...chriss originally was going to visit berkeley on sept 7th with solomon young, christian terrell & trey finch but had to reschedule due to an illness

mc would probably like to remind jordan mathews how his pleasant grove eagles conquered jm's santa monica vikings 73-57 in last season's state championship game

chriss is a +1 athlete that plays the 3 at 6'7" 180 lbs and has never worked with weights (cal's s&c guru scott thom could change his world) & already has offers from vanderbilt, san diego state, washington and asu...more offers will be forthcoming

marquese is also strong student with an interest in majoring in electrical engineering and a 3.15 gpa with a challenging class schedule including algebra 2...he is more like kevin johnson than malik pope in terms of being academically well rounded

mc's mom shawntae wright & grandpa would surely enjoy watching him close to home in berkeley...

cal family#

despite a slow start due to foul trouble, marquese chriss relentlessly played on & scored 23 pts with 12 boards as the pleasant grove eagles (5-5) flew by the granada hills highlanders 62-54

hotel california#

marquese chriss scored 23 pts as the pleasant grove eagles (original group) (6-5) endangered in overtime 63-61 the san gabriel academy eagles (cover group) in the holiday hardwood invitational battle of the bands

chriss will be officially visiting washington the weekend of jan 10th per west coast hoops...while lorenzo romar is one of the good guys (unlike sleaze balls dana altman & steve alford) in the pac 12, this is a risky recruiting strategy as marquese cannot sign until nov of 2014 at the earliest, the northwest weather will likely be cold azz & the downward trending huskies (6-5 this yr, missed the ncca tnt the last 2 yrs & their best player cj wilcox gone after this season) could be blown out at home vs colorado

mom matters#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including sacramento)
Shocky1
Shocky1;842125115 said:

hey bleached, there are at least 49,016 basketball minds (including probably you) on the west coast that know more about bb than me

7th grade sunnyside middle school volunteer bb coach>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the shockster

but when the bears were down last season by more than 10 pts with less than 10 minutes to play & the bad new bears were blindly throwing up repeated bricks en route to a pac 12 worst .302 3 pt %, it is very clear to me that monty underutilized jp's 3 pt shooting skills in the losses to asu, utah, stanford, harvard & creighton...there was no game tempo issues at stake at those junctures in the game, the bears had nothing to loss by playing our night club hero & allowing him the opportunity to shoot 3s from the vip section

lindsey gottlieb & her wbb bears beat stanford in palo alto for the 1st time since dinosaurs ruled the earth because she strategically brought in mikayla lyles to successfully bust the cards zone...neither mikalya or jeff are going to make the olympic teams based upon their d lockdown skills-this deficiency can be masked by a cal zone d for a short period of time

jp=20/20 vision#

:woohoo

"jeff is a good shooter (in the same way reggie miller is a good shooter)...i don't want to say he's going to go six for seven every night (that's the shockster's job to say that)...if I can get 18 points (in 13 minutes) from jeff every night, we'll be just fine (win the national championship)"

-mike montgomery (with heavy editing from the shockster)

jeff powers=pure shooter/zone buster

night club hero#
OdontoBear66
Just to let you know, I hit the BB forum first every morning to get the "Shockster Report". This morning you hit it out of the park, captured the emotion of the moment as Jeff Powers laid down 6 threes in a row. The humble smile on his face after each shot said it all. This is one class guy.

Most of all, keep the reports coming. It is like reading the favorite section of your newspaper each morning. Thanks shockster, and Happy New Year.

ps. Let me not forget the eye candy, especially Yoga Girl.
HoopDreams
this post deserves to have a photo of TG in a Cal basketball uniform....

Shocky1;842252042 said:

today is the former cal starting pf for the 1996 sweet sixteen bears & greatest te in the history of the nfl's final game

gonzo has 79 receptions this season for the atlanta falcons heading into today's game vs the carolina panthers

unsubstantiated rumor in berkeley is that theo robertonson & jay john are reviewing the ncca rulebooks to determine if the 37 yr old has any collegiate bb eligibility left and more importantly, if october can be a mid year enrollee for the dance squad (if you don't think october doesn't do yoga 5 times a week, you are clueless)

cal family#
50 yr decision#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including atlanta & every yoga studio around the globe)
Shocky1
Shocky1;842251960 said:

so i fly in this morning from scottsdale with my daughter shay & her friend katie, drop them off at fisherman's wharf for the afternoon & arrive late in berkeley close to game time...don't even look at my will call tix (in my world, a tix to any event has no correlation to where i usually sit, to me it's all open seating) and just sit down in the 1st row behind jay john, a couple feet away from montgomery & the bears brain trust

right before the opening tip, monty attempts to pull his chair away from td's chair but they are stuck together...in like a dumb & dumber movie scene, they spend 30 seconds examining and pulling on the chairs before they figured it out...these guys ain't that smart

so early in the game montgomery summons an eager night club hero jeff powers to go to the scorer's table...as he walks by, i'm telling powers to "let it fly, baby, no hesitation"...perhaps it's my imagination but i think powers gives me an imperceptible nod, yeah, let's do this

jp's 1st shot is an ugly azz brick thrown from the hip at the end of the 35 second clock...i'm clapping for our night club hero & tell him "no worries, keep shooting, baby"

minutes later powers squares up his shoulders & drains a 3 pter...polite applause from the crowd & loud props from the shockster

powers squares up his shoulders & shoots another 3 pter...kaboom...more polite applause from the crowd except me who's yelling, "let it fly, powers, no hesitation"

powers squares up his shoulders & shoots another 3 pter...kaboom...big crowd response & now i'm standing & screaming, "let it fly, baby, let's do this, let's do this"...a couple of the guys on the bench look over to see what the fired up dumb azz in the blue golf shirt & cal cap is going ape **** about

by now the crowd is getting into it...powers works his way into position, squares up & shoots it...kaboom, 4 in a row...i'm standing & screaming "yeah, let it fly, baby, let if fy" & waving my arms to get other people on their feet...there is a collective recognition that maybe something special is going on

haas is starting to get a serious buzz...there is an undeniable undercurrent of anticipation in the crowd & cal bench...powers releases another 3 pter & everybody who's not in a wheelchair is on their feet...bottom of the net, kaboom, 5 in a row...mike, td, gregg, johnny & theo are all looking at each other & grinning...monty by now is shaking his head & smiling...and i'm full throttle screaming by now yelling, "let it fly" which some of the other fans are also starting to repeat

by now most of the crowd is on their feet & yelling...the cal bench is going wild...powers catches the ball, squares up his shoulders & releases another 3 pter...the ball floats in slow motion thru the haas airspace with perfect roation...half of the crowd is screaming & the other half is holding their breath...kaboom, 6 3 pters in a row!...the entire cal coaching staff & players are on the floor (ref does not call a technical, he's smiling too as he runs back to the other end of the court)...i'm losing my voice screaming, "let it fly, baby, let it fly" & high fiving everyone around me

the cal universe is in a galaxy of absolute perfection, all the planets are perfectly aligned....jeff powers is 100% del fuego & he finally shows some emotion (dude is usually pretty stoic) with a world class fist pump for the electrified crowd & a smile forever etched in time

jeff powers told me at the santa barbara airport the morning after that game that he mentally prepares himself the same for every game, he's ready to roll...he told me that when he started against washington state, he was told of his starting role at the last minute...the guy never complains or throws a pity party for his broken down sorry azz, he just gets ready for the next game, the next moment of potential opportunity in his life

jeff powers is an unathletic dan majerle, he's a long range pure shooter who understands spacing that plays hard & doesn't commit turnovers...his lack of lateral defensive mobility can be masked for 5-6 minutes spurts by the bears playing zone d

monty & td screwed up by not giving powers a chance to heat it up behind the line during the bears' abysmal frigid shooting performance in the icy santa barbara thunderdome

cal family#
let it fly#

"i can't put into words how it felt but that was pretty special...just to play, i mean i really wasn't coming into tonight's game saying i want to to have 18 points and shoot 6 for 7...the shots fell, nothing really else i can say...when i put the amount of hours that i have over the years, i expect them to go in...i just think my teammates did a really good job of finding me when i did start hitting a couple...i owe more to my teammates than to myself tonight"

-jeff powers

fireworks#
let if fly#

Shocky1
Shocky1;842251573 said:

it is highly unlikely that the bird will fly around haas sat afternoon...jb had x rays when the bears returned to berkeley on mon & hopefully this is nothing more than a severely sprained ankle

jb is receiving excellent medical treatment but it should be mentioned that his nurse wicked's left arm has some scary azz deal on it, who knows what's up with that...

unbreakable#

it is highly unlikely that nurse wicked will clear jb for thursday night's road game in palo alto

next man up#

HoopDreams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocky1 View Post

jp's 1st shot is an ugly azz brick thrown from the hip at the end of the 35 second clock...i'm clapping for our night club hero & tell him "no worries, keep shooting, baby"

cal family#
let it fly#

------

"i can't put into words how it felt but that was pretty special...just to play, i mean i really wasn't coming into tonight's game saying i want to to have 18 points and shoot 6 for 7...the shots fell, nothing really else i can say...when i put the amount of hours that i have over the years, i expect them to go in...i just think my teammates did a really good job of finding me when i did start hitting a couple...i owe more to my teammates than to myself tonight"

-jeff powers

fireworks#
let if fly#

Superhero#
Shocky1
OdontoBear66;842252098 said:

Just to let you know, I hit the BB forum first every morning to get the "Shockster Report". This morning you hit it out of the park, captured the emotion of the moment as Jeff Powers laid down 6 threes in a row. The humble smile on his face after each shot said it all. This is one class guy.

Most of all, keep the reports coming. It is like reading the favorite section of your newspaper each morning. Thanks shockster, and Happy New Year.

ps. Let me not forget the eye candy, especially Yoga Girl.

you like this stuff?

grow up
OdontoBear66
Shocky1;842252838 said:

you like this stuff?

grow up

Never! Old timer beyond repair. Keep it comin'
Big C
i believe that, nowadays, the term is "kabam", not "kaboom"

HoopDreams;842252520 said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocky1 View Post

cal family#
let it fly#

------

-jeff powers

fireworks#
let if fly#

Superhero#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842251346 said:

cameron oliver scored 26 pts as the grant pacers (6-3) spanked the huntington park spartans 71-54 in the 1st round of the bambauer classic at marin catholic

it is not known if jared goff left the phone number for his yoga/rehab instructor in cameron oliver's locker in kentfield...

cal family#

cameron oliver scored 17 pts as grant stole the booty from the drake pirates 74-63 in the quarterfinals

cameron oliver scored 16 pts as the grant pacers (9-3) won in a photo finish 61-58 vs the crespi celts in the championship game...crespi bb is coached (no joke) by cal fb hof rb russell white ("give me the ball, you got action")

jared did not have to leave a # for cameron in a mc locker....her digits were written on a bathroom wall

tommy heath#

Shocky1
Shocky1;842245489 said:

at halftime of the santa barbara game i went over to the lady that was yelling "let it fly, ricky...let it fly, ricky" every time he passed up open shots & told her i agreed with her sentiment

i introduced myself & asked her if she was mrs kreklow... she laughed & said "no"...so i asked her who is her favorite bear...she smiled & said "my son justin"

justin's mom julanda brown told me that her son will only have 4 more classes to complete this spring in order to earn a degree from the #1 ranked public university in the world...to say she is proud of her son would be a massive understatement

i spoke with justin at the santa barbara airport on sat morning & told him about his mom's pride in his academic achievements...justin told me he will be speaking to profs about completing his necessary final classes online & by email in order to attend the nba scouting combines after the season (it should be noted that our honest & high character bears bb staff passionately encourages our student athletes to graduate from cal while still pursuing their professional goals, jt & staff failed in this regards as guys dropped out of school in order to work out & prepare for the nfl combines)

i asked justin about an incident during a timeout when he lit up one of his teammates & what he was trying to accomplish...cobbs told me he is trying to better control his emotions & treat all his teammates the same...i told jc that maybe he should do the opposite of that, he can tell his childhood buddy solo to get his head out of his azz but he can't do that to the freshmen (they look up to him so his criticism would just be discouraging)...justin nodded in agreement & we fist bumped adios as we headed to different gates with my parting comment, "hey justin, trust me, when you have kids some day you'll better understand why you gotta treat them differently depending upon their personalities"

justin cobbs=man of steel=true student athlete

cal family#
moms are the rock#
do the right thing#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including los angeles)

"justin is one of the better players in the league...he can score the ball...he wants to have a good assist to turnover ratio and he doesn't want to be selfish...but at the same time given our circumstances with the injury situation, he has to score the ball for us...he came back from christmas in the first shooting drill and he was really going after it and the ball was coming out of his hands nicely...it makes us that much better if he can score the ball...then i can get sam in there and distribute the ball a little more and we can use justin at the off guard"

-mike montgomery

cal family#

Shocky1
j gatsby would gaze across the sound at the green light from the dock of his one true love daisy's mansion

"gatsby believed in the green light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us...it eluded us then but that's no matter...tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther...and one fine morning..."

"so we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past"

-f scott fitzgerald

i gaze across the bay at the blue light that represents the bright future of cal basketball...anything is possible with relentless hard work & grinding and an unbreakable vision of the future (even a dumb azz caddie at sfgc can play the world's top 100 courses)

chancellor nicolas dirks (better known as nicky d to his crew) asked me (sort of) to tell you in summation "kal is grate...go bares!"

cal family#

Shocky1
Shocky1;842146897 said:

as i wait with a cal buddy for our delayed flight to scotland* now is a good time to share the story of jason kidd's recruitment

*we will be traveling to trump's new course in aberdeen to continue my quest of playing the golf magazine world top 100 courses, the trump course is the sole new entrant to the 2013 list that i have not yet played...other highlights will include the machrie on the isle of islay (immortalized by the long and winding road), my favorite course in scotland the quirky cruden bay and of course, a return to the home of golf, the old course at st andrews

when kidd was with the phx suns, i used to host j, the team's asst coach frank johnson (later become the hc before losing too many games & having an affair with the also married wife of the suns largest corporate sponsor resulted in him being fired (kidz, that's that's the quickest way to throw away a promising career) along with my close friend the now deceased dr gary mack (the team shrink...counseled j on marital issues with mrs crazytown, joumana) at my summer club in flagstaff, forest highlands (which is considered the augusta national of arizona)

j told me during one of our rounds together that his final college list included kansas, arizona, ohio state & kentucky with the jayhawks probably the leader despite his never actually ever visiting lawrence...he started playing in informal pick up games at harmon organized by his friend monty buckley...j told me there was a defining epiphany like moment when walking thru a grove of trees near the creek north of harmon with his bb bag over his shoulder on a beautiful bay area afternoon that it all came together for him

kidd realized how much he loved his mom & dad and that he wanted to share his college experience with them...it was that simple in jk's mind-he never even made an official visit to cal, there was no need to do so

so j played in front of his mom & dad and friends at the #1 public university in the world before moving on to generate $200+m in nba earning before recently being named the hc for the brooklyn nets

i last saw j at whisper rock a yr ago & he told me that he's never regretted his time at cal...he cherishes the collegiate memories he shared with his parents, dad steve died in 1999 (real talk, our parents will not love live forever and our time with them is limited)

fast forward & another top player in the usa from oakland is faced with similar choices/opportunities

what are your priorities in life, ivan?

mom matters#

ivan rabb continues to play like the #1 player in the 2015 class

rabb scored 105 pts in 4 games at the tarkanian classic in las vegas including a clownpunking beatdown of fellow top top 5 player stephen zimmerman (limited to 6 pts)...he followed that up with 51 pts in 3 games at the torrey pines holiday classic in la jolla

lou richie's bod dragons played an elite preseason schedule & will strengthen their squad when fellow cal target isiah thomas becomes eligible after transferring from the kipp king academy

"it is about winning but i do want to keep getting better just in case i do have a chance to go to the pros...if I don't, i want to have a good education so i can study for real estate development, because that's something i want to do"

-ivan rabb

ivan's gpa is currently 3.15 & trending upward

ivan rabb=true student athlete

tower of power#
bay area's finest#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including the east bay)
BoaltBear
Dragons Shocky, Dragons.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842248331 said:

during halftime of the santa barbara game i introduced myself to solo's dad, richard jr... he is a very enthusiastic, good guy who along with his wife sheryl are very proud of their son's achievements...richard jr. told me that solo has less than 15 units remaining to earn his cal degree & that he's very hopeful the final classes will be completed this spring semester while juggling both nba combines/workouts with graduation...solo's sister am're is also a cal grad & a professional volleyball player

i asked richard jr re: the roots of solo's preference for offensively playing on the perimeter during his first 3 yrs in berkeley...he asked me "do you really want to know the truth?'...i said "yes" and he told me that "the truth is that richard is an excellent outside shooter" & that he's a "stretch 4"

this week i visited with a nba front office executive & asked him for his thoughts...i also mentioned that solo showed the best footwork of his career down low this past sat (imo his syracuse ncaa breakout game last season was more about relentless rebounding & fiery finishing than crafty footwork)...he chuckled (which is his way of letting me know that i'm a dumb azz), pressed a few buttons, printed out & showed me a scouting report for the fresno state game asking me with a grin, "is this the game you're talking about?"

the nba is a billion dollar biz with virtually unlimited dollars spent on scouting prospects...the in depth detail of the evaluation process & cross checking is truly mind boggling...every time solo snares an offensive rebound or receives an entry pass under the basket and then takes a fadeaway shot, his nba stock goes down...his outside shooting is considered "average"

how well do nba stretch 4s shoot the ball?

dirk nowitzki is a .878 career nba ft shooter & cal's ryan anderson is a .859 career nba ft shooter...richard solomon is a .581 career collegiate ft shooter...a ft is an unguarded open 15 ft shot...solo is "30 basis points" behind nba pure shooters who are stretch 4s

i asked if it is possible that any team might consider solomon a stretch 4

he said "no"

my point is that as parents the worst thing we can do is not 100% support our children's dreams & visions...at the same time there needs to be a very fine balance with real talk too

cal family#
they might be giants#
get paid#

pictured above: the $ move

richard solomon is leading the pac 12 in rebounding (david kravish is #8) & is the only player in the conference with a double digit rebounding average...not bad for a guy who wasted almost 3 yrs of his collegiate career practicing 20 footers during workouts, practices & pregrame warmups instead of interior power post moves (it's ok to screw up in life as long as we learn from those mistakes)

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/conferences/statistics/player/_/id/21/stat/rebounds/pac-12-conference

solo relentlessly worked his azz off this summer & his physical strength to go along with his nba caliber vj are the reasons for his continued development

imo one of the key factors in whether this season's bears will be a good (the team's current position) or great team is whether or not solomon will take the next steps to lead his team on the road

the next steps include relentlessly finishing around the basket thru contact (stefan nastic of stanford is 6'11", 245 lbs who averages only 2.7 rpg but is gonna iniate brute contact with solo to try to throw him off his game (foul trouble) & maintaining a positive demeanor throughout the game (solo's whining to the refs demoralizes his teammates particularly the younger guys, energizes his opponents who then think he's their candy azz bitch & lowers his nba scouting evaluations for being mentally weak)

if solo can finish 8-10 dunks with fired up monster screams, the bears will be great

rich, your time is NOW...it's really that simple

cal family#
the fast & furious#

Shocky1
HoopDreams;842175347 said:

"the pride that comes with being a golden bear is like no other"

-ahmaad rorie

check out the article re: cal's next great guard

http://zagsblog.com/articles/ahmaad-rorie-expects-to-make-big-impact-at-cal/

cal family#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including tacoma & swampland in florida)
parentswerebears
Wow. High expectations!
Shocky1
j gatsby would gaze across the sound at the green light from the dock of his one true love daisy's mansion

"gatsby believed in the green light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us...it eluded us then but that's no matter...tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther...and one fine morning..."

"so we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past"

-f scott fitzgerald

i gaze across the bay at the blue light that represents the bright future of cal basketball...anything is possible with relentless hard work & grinding and an unbreakable vision of the future (even a dumb azz caddie at sfgc can play the world's top 100 courses)

chancellor nicolas dirks (better known as nicky d to his crew) asked me (sort of) to tell you in summation "kal is grate...go bares!"

cal family#

the lead attorney for the university of california's chancellor office has sent me a cease & desist letter stating that "your factually inaccurate statement that chancellor nicholas dirks is "better known as nicky d to his crew" is both damaging and intentionally hurtful...the chancellor does not have a "crew" and has no intention of engaging such a group in the future"...the served papers also mention that i spelled the chancellor's first name wrong & that the chancellor is a great speller and therefore would have never made the statement that i attributed to him

sorry

what up, nicky d?
Shocky1
original monsters + monster class=cal family

where the monsters are#

l to r, christian "unbreakable" behrens, tyrone "the grind" wallace, justin "ice in his veins" cobbs , richard "the time is now" solomon & david "doc" kravish

the time is now...
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=wale+ambition&qpvt=wale+ambition&FORM=VDRE#view=detail&mid=E55AC2C8D7DB2124C0EAE55AC2C8D7DB2124C0EA
Shocky1
Shocky1;842210487 said:

the following press release was issued by the stanford ad bernard muir:

"after considerable analysis in conjunction with the stanford economic department (we do not have an undergraduate business major) it is clear after reviewing supply (an overabundance of empty seats) vs demand (declining) that the men's basketball team's home game revenues are not being optimized at this point"

"therefore effective immediately all preseason stanford basketball games will be played at south park hs (seating capacity 392) in an effort to create a cozy, loud home court advantage"

"while it is undeniably true that playing the pac 12 slate at a predominantly empty maples pavilion will create a home court advantage for visiting pac 12 institutions, the fiscal impact and influx of capital generated by predominantly affluent and good looking cal fans cannot be ignored and its signficant impact upon the palo alto economic footprint"

"i would also like to take this opportunity to 100% reaffirm my support for johnny dawkins...there will be no further comment from this office regarding coach dawkins and his contractual employment with this department until the cardinals are once again mathematically eliminated from the ncaa field of 65 teams tournament"

this is stanford basketball#
adios johnny#
beep beep#

my fashionista daughters shay & taylor noted that "it's a good thing that he goes to stanford because otherwise he's never going to get any dates"

nastic delivered a nasty prison shiver to solo but rich was not to be denied tonight

nastic

nastic's dad

nastic's mom

the farm#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842253907 said:

richard solomon is leading the pac 12 in rebounding (david kravish is #8) & is the only player in the conference with a double digit rebounding average...not bad for a guy who wasted almost 3 yrs of his collegiate career practicing 20 footers during workouts, practices & pregrame warmups instead of interior power post moves (it's ok to screw up in life as long as we learn from those mistakes)

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/conferences/statistics/player/_/id/21/stat/rebounds/pac-12-conference

solo relentlessly worked his azz off this summer & his physical strength to go along with his nba caliber vj are the reasons for his continued development

imo one of the key factors in whether this season's bears will be a good (the team's current position) or great team is whether or not solomon will take the next steps to lead his team on the road

the next steps include relentlessly finishing around the basket thru contact (stefan nastic of stanford is 6'11", 245 lbs who averages only 2.7 rpg but is gonna iniate brute contact with solo to try to throw him off his game (foul trouble) & maintaining a positive demeanor throughout the game (solo's whining to the refs demoralizes his teammates particularly the younger guys, energizes his opponents who then think he's their candy azz bitch & lowers his nba scouting evaluations for being mentally weak)

if solo can finish 8-10 dunks with fired up monster screams, the bears will be great

rich, your time is NOW...it's really that simple

cal family#
the fast & furious#

"we couldn't give up and just fold our heads because things weren't going our way"

-richard solomon after 14 pts, 13 boards & zero complaining to the refs

make no mistake about it, solo ain't nobody's candy azz bitch

Shocky1
Shocky1;842254515 said:

original monsters + monster class=cal family

where the monsters are#

l to r, christian "unbreakable" behrens, tyrone "the grind" wallace, justin "ice in his veins" cobbs , richard "the time is now" solomon & david "doc" kravish

"that's what a team is about...guys (christian "unbreakable" behrens, jeff "let if fly" powers & sammy "the gym rat" singer) who aren't used to playing many minutes came in and contributed in a positive way...that's what makes a team"

-justin cobbs
GoldenBear1
We had some guys last night step up and play as Men.
Solomon!
Cobbs was clutch and tough
Wallace got us going and had strong game.
Behrens, Powers, Singer and Kravish all played their roles and made big contributions.
TEAM win.
Let's keep it going, get healthy and see the freshman grow up. Need that monster class to go from potential to production in whatever roles they bring.
Great start to PAC.
This team has potential with Men leading us.

Go Bears!
Shocky1
coming off last season's electric final four season, the bears (like the men's team) are looking for a reliable 1st big off the bench

kyra dunn, a 6'3"" transfer from pitt & originally from the vaunted sacramento hs program could be the solution

lindsey gottlieb & her staff have asked kyra's profs to expedite the grading of her finals this week as she needs to pass all her classes in order to be eligible this sun...her profs have agreed to grade her final exams 1st & forward the results to cal's compliance officer

new york city, baby

cal family#

hopefully gennifer brandon will join her teammates in the near future perhaps even tonight for hc lindsey gottlieb's pac 12 opener vs oregon at haas...she is arguably the best rebounder in the nation with a relentless tenacity that must be seen to be believed

genn's dad gregory brandon (a 1984 seattle supersonics nba draft pick) was killed in 1997 in a police shootout after he was mistaken for an armed robbery suspect...she remembers the police coming to the door & then her mom valencia telling all the kids that their dad had been shot and killed & "had gone to heaven to live with the angels"

the family was homeless for long periods of time and bounced around dive hotels in la...valencia suffered from alcoholism & eventually lost custody of her 5 children

genn still talks to her mom & loves her more than ever

gennifer & her sister kimberly (who played for the sun devils & graduated from asu) were adopted by andre & michelle chevalier while their 3 brothers were split up from them

the #1 public university in the world is all about diversity & truly amazing individuals fighting truly staggering obstacles in the pursuit of a better life...there is no higher mission for the university of california, berkeley than for brandon to leave cal with a diploma

gennifer brandon is truly unbreakable

if you are in haas tonight, applaud & celebrate the road less traveled taken by gennifer brandon

cal family#

HoopDreams
Rorie must of loved watching his Cal Bears spank stanford

He committed to Cal, and immediately went to work, transferring to a school where he can play the best prep players in the country. After leading his team to win the Wild Wings Classic...

Rorie is well aware of the Cal 'Scoring' PGs (Justin Cobbs and Jerome Randle)

Actually his pull up jumper looks rather Cobbs-like, with his straight up, balanced jump, maintaining his excellent shooting mechanics

Rorie @ Adidas 64...

And this is what he has to say about 2014...
Shocky1
2011 pac 12 mvp jorge gutierrez is one of the greatest teammates in cal bb history

his road from mexico to berkeley (with a degree) to brooklyn to his next nba roster spot is a tale of relentless perserverance regardless of the odds...and this remarkable story's chapters are still being written daily...

sam singer had better play with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind if he's gonna wear #2

this is cal basketball#
cal family#
the grind#
unbreakable#

check out jorge's redunkulous circus shot for canton in the nba developmental league

gutierrez is averaging 12.5 ppg, 6.9 apg & 6.2 rpg
http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/jorge_gutierrez/career_stats.html

the nba is a brutually competitive billion dollar biz with each roster spot fiercely competed for by some of the world's best athletes...a player's career can end in a split second injury, literally a blink of the eye...bam, it's all over, your basketball days are 100% done (you gotta move on)...guys with a cal degree can still achieve their goals in life, doors will open for other careers & with the girl of your dreams along with the friendships of a lifetime

don't be a dumb azz

cal family#

south bender
What a superb example of both Jorge's matchless hustle and of his incredibly high basketball intelligence. Knowing he is getting fouled, he tosses up a shot that should get him to the line, even if he does not make the shot.

Thanks, Shocky, I miss Jorge and will always have him in my heart.

Go Bears, go Jorge!
Shocky1
Shocky1;842254567 said:

my fashionista daughters shay & taylor noted that "it's a good thing that he goes to stanford because otherwise he's never going to get any dates"

nastic delivered a nasty prison shiver to solo but rich was not to be denied tonight

nastic

nastic's dad

nastic's mom

the farm#

future mrs stefan nastic

actually it kinda looks like dwight powell in drag (we're not here to judge)

who knew

the farm#
socaltownie
south bender;842255374 said:

What a superb example of both Jorge's matchless hustle and of his incredibly high basketball intelligence. Knowing he is getting fouled, he tosses up a shot that should get him to the line, even if he does not make the shot.

Thanks, Shocky, I miss Jorge and will always have him in my heart.

Go Bears, go Jorge!

Ten day contracts can be offered as soon as Monday. Start looking at nba rosters to see who needs a pg and who has spots open because of guys being put on inactive list. Fingers crossed
Shocky1

t-wall with defensive on ball energy along with 20 pts on 6-13 shooting including 4-7 3 pters & 4-6 fts + 5 boards + 4 steals and only 2 turnovers

wallace grinds every game with a smile on his face & a chip on his shoulder & always encouragement for his guys

tryone wallace=great teammate

cal family#

GMP
The Kings sure could use his hustle and commitment to defense.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842197241 said:

that would be cal standout qb, aaron rodgers, 3.6 gpa/1300 sat

this yr the green bay packers & rodgers agreed on a 5 yr $110m contract extension making ar the highest paid per season player in nfl history

aaron rodgers=cal student athlete

cal family#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including chico & the frozen tundra of wisconsin)

cal life skills#
photobomb#
First Page Last Page
Page 58 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.