cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,290,087 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
with a haas undergraduate business school degree & phi beta kappa honors, i'm currently in final negotiations to become the next athletic director at the university of california, berkeley

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world
NYCGOBEARS
Shocky1;842328581 said:

with a haas undergraduate business school degree & phi beta kappa honors, i'm currently in final negotiations to become the next athletic director at the university of california, berkeley

Please Don
south bender
Shocky1;842328581 said:

It is heartening that the administration has abandoned the silly requirements of the AD's being capable of elementary grammar, punctuation, and spelling!

Go Bears!
petalumabear
Looking forward to that June 31st meeting Mr. PBK...
:woohoo

See if you can get Ivan to come since The 'Fish is owned by O'Dowd alums...

cheers and out!
:gobears:
Shocky1
"when i was walking into the weight room today a random person stopped me and asked me why do i have the guys lifting on a saturday?...my response: "what so special about saturday?...you have to be willing to what it takes regardless of what day it is!"

"somebody said its saturday...we laughed and asked them what means...we are grinding!!"

-nicodemus christopher

what 5 california golden bears are working their azzs off with their teammates?...answer below (real talk: staying home this summer & clownpunking your former hs bb teammates ain't making you a better pac 12 bb player)
http://instagram.com/p/o9Oze4OJA6/#

how bad do you want success in life?...what price/hard work are you willing to pay?...can you walk by top dog & blondies without stopping?...are you candy azz soft?

what time is it?

the time is NOW

the grind#

bears grinding in the foto (l to r): stephen domingo, roger moute a bidias, kameron rooks, jabari bird & jordan mathews

more teammates arriving in berkeley june 23/24

"started with weights/workouts at 6pm & now the fellas are back at it!"

-jon harris re: roger, jabari, sam & jordan
Shocky1
who are these california golden bears?

alan crabbe-3.3 gpa@price (currently playing w/portland trail blazers)
justin cobbs-3.39 gpa@bishop montgomery
richard solomon-3.5 gpa@price
jeff powers*-3.6 gpa@delasalle
ricky kreklow**-3.72 gpa@rocky bridge
david kravish-4.1 gpa@lee's summit north
tyrone wallace-3.5 gpa@bakersfield
christian behrens-3.5 gpa@tahoma
garrett galvin-4.0 gpa@torrey pines
jabari bird-3.0+gpa@salesian
jordan mathews-3.55 gpa@santa monica
sam singer-3.4 gpa@ransom everglades
kameron rooks-3.5 gpa@mission hills
roger moute a bidias-3.0+ gpa@notre dame
kingsley okoroh-3.0+ gpa@westwind prep/findlay prep
stephen domingo-3.4 gpa@st ignatius
brandon chauca-3.85 gpa@shannon forest christian school
cole welle-4.37 gpa@aptos
nick hamilton-4.2 gpa@westchester

*graduated from cal joining 2012 grads bak bak, brandon smith & robert thurman
**expected to graduate summer of 2014

cal fans can expect every player listed above to either leave cal with a degree and/or a nba contract...hopefully the bears' future nba players will eventually return to cal like former nba all star shareef abdur rahim, 3.8 gpa@cal, to graduate...both justin cobbs & richard solomon have one remaining semester of schoolwork necessary to earn their cal degrees

of the 300+ ncaa d1 bb teams, cal is among the most academically elite programs along with duke, stanford, the ivy leagues & the service academies

the above is the MOST IMPORTANT stat sheet in cal basketball

cal family#
50 yr decision#
this is cal basketball#

this is the difference between basketball factories that use up & then discard their workers (leaving them unemployable on the streets) and legitimate collegiate institutions of higher learning with an academic purpose

ambition

don't be a dumb azz#

NYCGOBEARS
Love you shocky but you have to come up with some new material and pictures.
Shocky1

an announcement will be forthcoming monday morning
NYCGOBEARS
Shocky1
NYCGOBEARS;842329097 said:

love you nycgobears but you are not my targeted audience
NYCGOBEARS
Shocky1;842329098 said:

Lol. Understood.
south bender
Shocky1;842329098 said:

Have you any basis in fact for imagining your targets actually read your posts?

And if they do, you sure insult them with some of your tasteless and repetitive posts!

Go Bears!
petalumabear
NYCGOBEARS;842329053 said:

+1
Any chance you can start to become an....an................insider?
HoopDreams
Jabari Bird was undoubtedly the biggest signing of the Monster Class

But his smooth stroke and mad hops did not go unnoticed outside of Haas.
The true talent evaluators spotted him too

Jabari Bird has been invited to participate in the Kevin Durant Skills Academy, representing the top 15 collegiate wings in the nation.

south bender
Wonderful news!

Go Jabari!
Shocky1
hannif cheatham is an explosive utillity 6'5" 175 lbs 2015 top 60 player from pembroke pines charter in florida

"winning florida mr basketball, getting a state championship, and making the mcdonalds team, that would be a huge exclamation point on my high school career...just thinking about the mcdonalds' team gives me chills...i will be working 24/7 to achieve those goals"

-hannif cheatham

hannif has more than two dozen offers (including cal) from major programs & a longtime relationship with yanni...cheatham officially visited alabama in jan, is scheduled for an official visit to marquette aug 29th & also intends to officially visit berkeley in aug...florida state will likely be a finalist too

cheatham avg 16.9 ppg, 3.4 rpg & 2.5 apg for nike florida during the eybl regular season

the southpaw intends to declare his college intention at his hs on sept 5th, the day before his birthday

hannif knows sam singer...sam is gonna tell him that florida ain't sweater weather & about the cool cali summers

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including florida)
NYCGOBEARS
Cheatam and Rabb. That's a great law firm in the works, a monster class or both. Go Bears!
Shocky1
rabb, cheatham & (k)rooks

Shocky1
HoopDreams;842321031 said:

The Master Shooter

brandon representing cal with his sister (left) & gf (right)

his gf won the miss teen phillipines washington d.c. pageant

i dunno, maybe she answered the questions better than miss utah & miss teen south carolina

i'm gonna enter my rescue dogs happy & misty mae and rescue cats trouble & mugsy in the miss scottsdale cute animal pageant

"i feel i can bring a different type of environment to the games because i feel like more people will want to come because i'm filipino and i'm only the 10th filipino to play division one and only the 2nd filipino to play high major division one...on my hispanic side, i'm the first peruvian to ever play ncaa basketball in any division...it's kind of like making history...i think it will be kind of cool and it will also help out cal basketball in general just getting people out to the games"

-brandon chauca

r u gonna buy season tixs & create energy at haas?

don't be a cheap azz#
HoopDreams
back in town...2014/2015 season starts now...

parentswerebears
HoopDreams;842329605 said:

back in town...2014/2015 season starts now...

Yay! I think that this will still be a fun year. I'm glad the guys are so pumped to be back.
Shocky1

negotiations have reached an impasse with chancellor nicky d & his crew

among the sticking points:

***my financial strategy of restructuring the $400m+ memorial stadium renovation debt via venture capital investments in start ups along with london & manhattan commercial real estate holdings is viewed as too speculative...the next ad needs to be a much stronger hands on fiscal manager, not a super fan traveling 40 weeks of the yr to the women's field hockey match in tulsa

***all cal non revenue sports would need to be 80% financially self supporting via donations/fund raising within the next 5 yrs, no exceptions, or become a club sport...all existing schollys for current student athletes would be honored thru graduation

***a cal bb alumni game featuring jason kidd, kevin johnson, shareef abdur rahim, jorge gutierrez, ryan anderson, tony gonzalez, leon powe, max zhang, leonard taylor, sean lampley, alan crabbe, russ critchfield, jerome randle, patrick christopher, yogi stewart, sean marks, al grigsby, richard midgley, michael chavez, ayinde ubaka, joe ship, mark mcnamara, carl bird, theo robertson, keith smith, harper kamp, francisco elson, jamal boykin, larry friend, phil chenier, darall imhoff, matt beeuwsaert, butch hays, gene ransom, charles johnson, roy fisher, michael pitts, ryan forehan kelly, brian wethers, ed gray, lamond murray, jackie ridgle, ansley truitt, jon wheeler, kevin singleton, monty buckley, doug vilotti, devon hardin, richard butler, dennis gates, doug true, brian hendrcks, aj digs, robert thurman, prentice mcgruder, monty buckley, justin labagh & the 1959/1960 final four teams would be played at a sold out haas in 2015...assistant coach slots on the bench would be sold for $10,000 donations, marshawn lynch would be the game's only ref & there would be a halftime musical performance by the souls of mischief in conjunction with the cal band...the game would also be aired on the pac 12 network

cal bb has an untapped goldmine of potential donor support from its highly successful bb alumni group because of its inability to stay connected with former players, that needs to change...every former bear needs a personal phone call welcoming them back to berkeley, that's what great organizations do to ensure a strong legacy (and that's the essence of the recruiting message to ivan, "what do you want your legacy to be?")

***the costly & unsuccessful baseball team program would be discontinued immediately with evans diamond converted into a short game practice area with putting greens & bunker areas (designed by bill coore) for the men's & women's golf teams (and myself)

***oski would be my 2nd in command as the deputy associate athletic director once he gets out of rehab

***my commitment to assist with the recruiting of qualified student athletes for the dance & cheerleading squads has been labeled as "inappropriate" behavior for an ad...asu would be the model, everyone knows the sun devils have the smartest, best looking & most athletic women on planet earth

***current efforts to secure a cypress point membership for me have proven unsuccessful...this is a non negotiable point as part of my compensation package, not gonna leave the desert w/o a cypress bag tag...an annual pass at tilden park ain't gonna cut it

***the rebranding of cal athletics...all cal uniforms, facilities, letterhead, etc. would clearly state the athletic department's new mission statement for the university of california, berkeley: "Don't be a Dumbazz"

socaltownie
Shocky1;842329650 said:

...an annual pass at tilden park ain't gonna cut it

BAH!!! If you were a real man you could figure out a way to feather a nice fade off that side hill lie on number 1 with a 5 iron and have it stick on the elevated green. Among the hardest opening holes in the Bay Area. Kinda goes downhill (literally and figuratively after that) but it is as good an opening test as any. Indeed, do it during the Bay Regional where you hit into the fog without a CLUE where it went and you get bonus points....or duing February where the fairway is a swamp and you need 3 inch cleats to hold yourself steady.

#realmenplaytildenwhendrainagesucked
#itreallywasbetterbeforethebigfreezeinthelate70s
#theynevershouldhavemade2holesoutofoldnumber6
Shocky1
socal, you are 100% correct

only a candy azz soft golfer wouldn't love the early morning splendor of walking tilden park with the dew on their soft joys & the scent of the native flowers

Wookids
Shocky1;842329757 said:

only a candy azz soft golfer wouldn't love the early morning splendor of walking tilden park with the dew on their soft joys & the scampering sounds of squirrels

-the caddie

Nice, Tilden Park, where I grew up playing.

I didn't even know golf courses had flat holes until we moved to San Jose while I was in high school. And I didn't like those boring flat holes.
socaltownie
Wookids;842329786 said:

Nice, Tilden Park, where I grew up playing.

I didn't even know golf courses had flat holes until we moved to San Jose while I was in high school. And I didn't like those boring flat holes.

Seriously!!! The best is 6 where the Tee box is totally screwed up. Real men learn how to hit a high hooking iron off a slice lie there to have the easy pitch for the birdie. It is dumbazz's that try to drive the green and end up fishing their ball out of the creek before it journies downstream to lake anza!!!

Wookids - I am guessing you and I grew up learning the game at Tilden about the same time. Some of the best times had was practicing chipping on hole 2.5 until one couldn't see ;-)

And I had to laugh at dew on the softjoys. I played all times of year. In February after a rain it was a sea of mud after idiot American Golf came in and tried to cover up some of the natural creeks Bill Bell had routed holes on (18, 13 and 9)
Shocky1

justin cobbs has signed a nba summer league contract with the memphis grizzlies

a nba front office executive told me during a late lunch today that the grizzlies are an excellent opportunity for justin as memphis is seeking a backup pg behind 26 yr old mike conley ($8,600,000 salary)...current backup pg beno udrih ($884,000 salary) is 31 yrs old & doesn't have the offensive upside of cobbs

grhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............................

Vandalus
Shocky1;842329757 said:

only a candy azz soft golfer wouldn't love the early morning splendor of walking tilden park with the dew on their soft joys & the scampering sounds of squirrels

-the caddie

I love that course.
Shocky1
as we await our evening flite to europe (my teenage daughters shay & taylor are already relentlessly lobbying me for their summertime b-day presents), now is a good time to share again the story of jason kidd's collegiate recruitment

when kidd was with the phx suns, i used to host j, the team's asst coach frank johnson (later become the hc before losing too many games & having an affair with the also married wife of the suns largest corporate sponsor resulted in him being fired (kidz, that's that's the quickest way to throw away a promising career) along with my close friend the now deceased dr gary mack (the team shrink...counseled j on marital issues with mrs crazytown, joumana) at my summer club in flagstaff, forest highlands (which is considered the augusta national of arizona)

j told me during one of our rounds together that his final college list included kansas, arizona, ohio state & kentucky with the jayhawks probably the leader despite his never actually ever visiting lawrence...he started playing in informal pick up games at harmon organized by his friend monty buckley...j told me there was a defining epiphany like moment when walking thru a grove of trees near the creek north of harmon with his bb bag over his shoulder on a beautiful bay area afternoon that it all came together for him

kidd realized how much he loved his mom & dad and that he wanted to share his college experience with them...it was that simple in jk's mind-he never even made an official visit to cal, there was no need to do so

so j played in front of his mom & dad and friends at the #1 public university in the world before moving on to generate $200+m in nba earning before recently being named the hc for the brooklyn nets

i last saw j at whisper rock a yr ago & he told me that he's never regretted his time at cal...he cherishes the collegiate memories he shared with his parents, dad steve died in 1999 (real talk, our parents will not love live forever and our time with them is limited)

fast forward & another top player in the usa from oakland is faced with similar choices/opportunities

what are your priorities in life, ivan?

ivan, what do you want your legacy to be?

mom matters#

HoopDreams
"I want to work hard in the weight room to get bigger and stronger so I can be prepared to make a very big impact and help the team when I return to the court for the 2015-16 season. I will go hard every day in practice to not only help this team prepare for the competition, but set a good example for my teammates. If I can help my teammates get better in any way that will help us win games this coming year."

Guard Stephen Domingo, is a native of San Francisco and starred at St. Ignatius Prep

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="7"]Represent the Bay[/SIZE][/COLOR]
HoopDreams
Shocky1

richard solomon has signed a nba summer league contract with the houston rockets

the time is now#

Shocky1
"it's been a good transition...the new coaches have been working hard making sure everything's going smooth with all of us...our workouts are good, they really push us hard...coach martin actually recruited me when he was at missouri state so i was kind of familiar with him before he came...coach martin's a really good guy...he's really focused and really passionate about the team and the game...the foundation that monty laid for the program, i think coach martin is the kind of energetic boost we need to get to the next level...i think during the course of his tenure here, cal's going to vastly improve because he's just passionate about making us better and he brings a new look or new edge to things that needed"

-david kravish (to jim mcgill)

david, this is your team, elevate
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=st+lucia+elevate+video&qpvt=st+lucia+elevate+video&FORM=VDRE#view=detail&mid=61FCB82D0D87683DFC9D61FCB82D0D87683DFC9D

HoopDreams

Cobbs got his shot with Memphis Grizzlies
Solo got his shot with Houston Rockets

[SIZE="5"]Chasing their dreams[/SIZE]
First Page Last Page
Page 97 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.