cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,277,970 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
socaliganbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
calumnus;842300654 said:

In principle the search firm is the one that goes out and tests the waters with all the "pretty girls," sparing you the pain of rejection (or getting them in trouble with their boyfriends).

However, I think that only makes sense if we are really SEARCHING for candidates, including assistants elsewhere.

The key is that Sandy knows Travis DeCuire. We have an "up and coming" assistant. Other (good) Cal coaches know Travis DeCuire and can give their opinion. As someone said, the Mathews' and Bird's fathers know Travis DeCuire and can opine. The players can give their opinion. She must have some idea of whether she would be happy with DeCuire. The only reason to hire a search firm, IMO, is if she wouldn't be happy with DeCuire (also interview Gates, Shareef and other coaches that express interest).

Because if she would be happy with DeCuire as a fallback, the only due diligence needed is to make sure there isn't a big name at a mid-major who wants to come to Berkeley, and everyone knows who those people are and we can do that work in house. Jack Clark recently spent time with the Smarts, he may have been doing some advance scouting. Reportedly Sandy is going up to Spokane to talk with Few. Let Sandy earn her pay, save the $250,000 or so and let the students in for free.

My main question is is Cal actually trying to get these coaches we might be spurned by like the Fews/Smarts/etc of the world? Or are we just throwing out offers we don't actually expect any of these guys to take. e.g. "Hey Shaka, here's 1.5m, can you coach for us? Oh you want 2.4m? Didn't know you were going that high, bye"

There's a difference between offering and actually trying to land someone. I'm not convinced that we are actually willing to play the game. Who knows, maybe we are. Otherwise, we're sending the search firm on wild goose hunts. Anyway this is all just in my head. . .
calumnus
socaliganbear;842300661 said:

My main question is is Cal actually trying to get these coaches we might be spurned by like the Fews/Smarts/etc of the world? Or are we just throwing out offers we don't actually expect any of these guys to take. e.g. "Hey Shaka, here's 1.5m, can you coach for us? Oh you want 2.4m? Didn't know you were going that high, bye"

There's a difference between offering and actually trying to land someone. I'm not convinced that we are actually willing to play the game. Who knows, maybe we are. Otherwise, we're sending the search firm on wild goose hunts. Anyway this is all just in my head. . .

My guess is it is an iterative process. In your example, she doesn't say "bye" she says "I'll get back to you" calls up some of the major donors and says "Mark Few will come to Cal for 2.4m, we are 0.9m short, can you help?" The donors say "Hell yeah" and after a few phone calls it gets done. A number bigger than that might be more difficult (and might indicate he really isn't interested). Or maybe it doesn't get done and Sandy has to call Few back after a few weeks and say we went in another direction.
Shocky1
justin labagh graduated from cal after playing with abdul shareef rahim & tony gonzalez, interned under bobby knight, recruits relentlessly during the off season (once told me that 20 of his wins each season take place on the recruiting trail), sends more guys to college with schollys than any other jc hc in california because of his emphasis upon academics & is the winningiest hc in college bb history at 87.6%

justin labagh=another cal guy creating greatness

cal family#

in addition to supporting travis decuire & theo robertson as a 100,000+ hrs recruiting/shooting guru assistant coach, i am also endorsing justin labagh

why justin labagh (who is currently in san antonio with sean marks) as an assistant coach for the bears?

*****justin labagh is the winningest head coach in the history of college basketball with a 87.5% winning record...309 wins & 44 losses...his ability to design successful schemes with the xxx's & ooo's with mike's departure is needed for a hc to have someone to bounce around strategies (labagh interned under bobby knight)
c
*****labagh is as talented & relentless a recruiter as anybody on the west coast...he once told me that 20 of his wins (he averages 30 wins a yr, 3 time california jc coach of the yr) come on the recruiting trail between april and september...his network of hs & aau coaches rivalss anybody

*****justin values education, he has sent more players to 4 yr scholly colleges than any other jc coach in california...he has transformed hs ballers with abysmal hs gpas & turned them into student athletes under his guidance

*****under jg ccsf averaged 87.9 ppg this season with 6 games over 100 pts with a high game of 134 pts...labagh teaches a fast high tempo of play & has met with the cal bb staff this season to share ideas re: further pushing the pace for the bears...elite recruits are attracted to this style of play & it sells tixs too

*****labagh is a former bears walk on & paid his way thru cal...he truly understands the value of a cal education from a 1st hand perspective & can convey that to targeted recruits

*****justin is a san francisco native & still lives in the city with his family...working at cal would be a dream job

*****most importantly, labagh is amazingly charismatic & approachable...he would add an element of fun & buoyancy that was lacking on this yr's coaching staff...during the bears late season skid (until the laser tag getaway turned things around) both the players & coaches seemed very grim, uptight & non communicative with one another...justin would add a breath of fresh air to the team chemistry with his upbeat demeanor

quick story about labagh's coaching style...i headed over to ccsf's 2nd game of the yr (after a little morning golf at the nearby o-club) to check out sami eleraky

sami throws up an ill advised (he's got 4 inches on the center guarding him) fallaway 16 footer that clanks off the backboard (shades of solo's 1st 3 yrs at cal when he stubbornly played as a stretch 4) instead of attacking the basket

labagh immediately subs out sami & catches him getting of the court with a hand to his shoulder and asks eleraky, "sami, that's not the shot we want, right?"

perfectly handled

sami nods his head in agreement, labagh pats him on the azz as he heads to his seat & eleraky goes back into the game 5 minutes later & the 1st time he touches the ball he attacks the rim (actually he charges & runs over a guy but that's a whole different story)

justin labagh is as important to the future of the cal bb program as travis decuire & theo robertson

it should take about 5 minutes for the next cal bb hc to hire justin labagh as the associate head coach...maybe 8 minutes if they're a dumb azz

cal family#

DrDanger
Shocky1;842300699 said:

justin labagh graduated from cal after playing with abdul shareef rahim & tony gonzalez, interned under bobby knight, recruits relentlessly during the off season (once told me that 20 of his wins each season take place on the recruiting trail), sends more guys to college with schollys than any other jc hc in california because of his emphasis upon academics & is the winningiest hc in college bb history at 87.6%

justin labagh=another cal guy creating greatness

cal family#

in addition to supporting travis decuire as the cal bb hc & theo robertson as a 100,000+ hrs recruiting/shooting guru assistant coach, i am also endorsing justin labagh as the next cal bb associate hc

why justin labagh (who is currently in san antonio with sean marks) as the bears bb associate hc?

*****justin labagh is the winningest head coach in the history of college basketball with a 87.5% winning record...309 wins & 44 losses...his ability to design successful schemes with the xxx's & ooo's with mike's departure is needed for a hc newcomer like td to have someone to bounce around strategies (labagh interned under bobby knight)

*****labagh is as talented & relentless a recruiter as anybody on the west coast...he once told me that 20 of his wins (he averages 30 wins a yr, 3 time california jc coach of the yr) come on the recruiting trail between april and september...his network of hs & aau coaches exceeds anybody currently on the cal bb staff

*****justin values education, he has sent more players to 4 yr scholly colleges than any other jc coach in california...he has transformed hs ballers with abysmal hs gpas & turned them into student athletes under his guidance

*****labagh is a former bears walk on & paid his way thru cal...he truly understands the value of a cal education from a 1st hand perspective & can convey that to targeted recruits

*****justin is a san francisco native & still lives in the city with his family...working at cal would be a dream job

*****most importantly, labagh is amazingly charismatic & approachable...he would add an element of fun & buoyancy that was lacking on this yr's coaching staff...during the bears late season skid (until the laser tag getaway turned things around) both the players & coaches seemed very grim, uptight & non communicative with one another...justin would add a breath of fresh air to the team chemistry with his upbeat demeanor

quick story about labagh's coaching style...i headed over to ccsf's 2nd game of the yr (after a little morning golf at the nearby o-club) to check out sami eleraky

sami throws up an ill advised (he's got 4 inches on the center guarding him) fallaway 16 footer that clanks off the backboard (shades of solo's 1st 3 yrs at cal when he stubbornly played as a stretch 4) instead of attacking the basket

labagh immediately subs out sami & catches him getting of the court with a hand to his shoulder and asks eleraky, "sami, that's not the shot we want, right?"

perfectly handled

sami nods his head in agreement, labagh pats him on the azz as he heads to his seat & eleraky goes back into the game 5 minutes later & the 1st time he touches the ball he attacks the rim (actually he charges & runs over a guy but that's a whole different story)

justin labagh is as important to the future of the cal bb program as travis decuire...labagh has been on sandy barbour's radar for a while now

it should take about 5 minutes for the next cal bb hc to hire justin labagh as the associate head coach...maybe 8 minutes if they're a dumb azz

cal family#

Shockmiester: Now that Special K has been re-upped by the very smart Utah AD, I am now officially ALL IN for Travis.
atoms
socaliganbear;842300539 said:

I expect us to hire TD and get flack from the media (local) for spending money on a search firm to then hire the most obvious (in-house) choice.

Why? It's called due diligence.
Shocky1
DrDanger;842300701 said:

Shockmiester: Now that Special K has been re-upped by the very smart Utah AD, I am now officially ALL IN for Travis.

dr danger=another meb fund donor in support of td
socaliganbear
#TeamTD
Shocky1
like virtually all organized athletic teams, there are chemistry & leadership challenges with this year's california golden bears

while our players, coaches & staff are all hard working high character individuals with a desire to excel, they are also very reserved (like moffitt library quiet) & stoic during games...other than matt "the human eraserboard" scherbenske who is the 1st guy to energize guys coming off the floor, our players, coaches & staff seem constipated, frustrated & not having much fun (sort of like a lot of the uptight fans on message boards)...the cal bench should not be as quiet as the cal chess club, it should be as ******* loud as a bunch of on the loose bank robbers driving in a stolen van to lake havasu city for a desperado spring break

smile a little bit, get a piece here & there...i have never met anyone who had lots of sex, an active yoga practice & a good short game that wasn't totally happy in life

the 2013/2014 california golden bears need to remember that bb is a game, a celebration played with friends, this ain't life & death...relax a little bit, channel your inner little kid, remember the good times & fun you had when you were a little kid playing basketball without a care in the world

maturity is overrated#

this yr's bears went into a mid season slide during which it did not appear that some of the players were listening to the coaches/their teammates & overall not having fun...this can be attributed imo to the 3 srs being more inwardly focused & not as team focused creating a huge leadership gap...these issues were worked out after the laser tag team building getaway & the bears finished with positive team energy

bringing in justin labagh as the associate hc would not only add a much needed infusion of recruiting firepower and xxx's & ooo's support for the next hc but also improve team chemistry with his upbeat personality

college bb is a long season & cal is a challenging school academically...the bears need to grind but not forget in the process to remember the fun & happiness of little kids playing basketball
bluesaxe
Shocky1;842300735 said:

like virtually all organized athletic teams, there are chemistry & leadership challenges with this year's california golden bears

while our players, coaches & staff are all hard working high character individuals with a desire to excel, they are also very reserved (like moffitt library quiet) & stoic during games...other than matt "the human eraserboard" scherbenske who is the 1st guy to energize guys coming off the floor, our players, coaches & staff seem constipated, frustrated & not having much fun (sort of like a lot of the uptight fans on message boards)...the cal bench should not be as quiet as the cal chess club, it should be as ******* loud as a bunch of on the loose bank robbers driving in a stolen van to lake havasu city for a desperado spring break

smile a little bit, get a piece here & there...i have never met anyone who had lots of sex, an active yoga practice & a good short game that wasn't totally happy in life

the 2013/2014 california golden bears need to remember that bb is a game, a celebration played with friends, this ain't life & death...relax a little bit, channel your inner little kid, remember the good times & fun you had when you were a little kid playing basketball without a care in the world

maturity is overrated#

this yr's bears went into a mid season slide during which it did not appear that some of the players were listening to the coaches/their teammates & overall not having fun...this can be attributed imo to the 3 srs being more inwardly focused & not as team focused creating a huge leadership gap...these issues were worked out after the laser tag team building getaway & the bears finished with positive team energy

bringing in justin labagh as the associate hc would not only add a much needed infusion of recruiting firepower and xxx's & ooo's support for the next hc but also improve team chemistry with his upbeat personality

college bb is a long season & cal is a challenging school academically...the bears need to grind but not forget in the process to remember the fun & happiness of little kids playing basketball

Maturity is not overrated. Maturity is not inconsistent with having fun, or having energy, or synonymous with introspective. Maturity is simply understanding context. Pray for it man. It helps. And yeah, have some damn fun but be a leader too.
HKBear97
Shocky, question about Labagh. He's now been at CCSF for over ten years with a very impressive record. Why hasn't he left for something else? Accroding to his bio, Labagh has been voted California JC Coach of the year three times and the program has graduated 36 players to Division I and 23 players to Division II and NAIA schools. He can't be a complete unkown to D1 programs, so I have to assume other programs would have come calling, yet he's stayed at CCSF. Any particular reason he hasn't taken the proverbial "next step"?
Shocky1
bluesaxe;842300741 said:

Maturity is not overrated. Maturity is not inconsistent with having fun, or having energy, or synonymous with introspective. Maturity is simply understanding context. Pray for it man. It helps. And yeah, have some damn fun but be a leader too.

bluesaxe, do you live in people's park?...man, i think some aliens are trying to steal your backpack...where are my socks?...put it out, the cops are coming...
Shocky1
good luck to td today during his interview with sandy barbour in dallas

during my conversation with sb in the ad suite on the university level of memorial during the ohio state fb game she told me that if after the national search was completed that "nobody would be happier than me (meaning herself) if travis was the best qualified candidate to become cal's next basketball head coach"

travis, enjoy the moment, your path to this point has been a journey, not a destination...you have taken many steps in coming of age

afterall, you ain't some candy azz soft stooopid dumb azz

it's a new morning for cal basketball

GoldenBear1
If TD is the guy I really hope they make the hire very soon.
Love the Labagh and Theo suggestions to be on staff.
Lets get this wrapped up, start recruiting and have fun!!!
College basketball and sports in general is fun, but nothing more fun than winning big.
Well maybe add a personal Yoga instructor...
Shocky1
tsubamoto2001;842299513 said:

Shocky, would hiring TD help with Rabb and some of the upcoming Bay Area classes?

tsub, ivan is being told by brandon ashley & the oakland solidiers coaches that the #1 priority in selecting a college is how much love does the head coach show you...show me the love, come to all my practices & games

don't matter if an arizona degree (90% acceptance rate) will land you a shift supervisor job at the chipotle on speedway & that a degree from the #1 ranked public university in the world will help you become a truly successful real estate developer (which is ivan's career goal other than the nba), it's all about the head coach's love...hs gpas don't matter in this world

which works great for relentless recruiter sean miller...when miller is ready to close on a targeted prospect, he pulls out a deck of playing cards & puts them on the table...he slowly plays each card...each card has miller's handwritten notations re: the date & location he watched that prospect ball out...this is a highly effective recuiting ploy for impressionable young players that have big dreams for the nba with no fallback positions...and when the nba doesn't work out for the vast majority of these guys, miller has aleady moved on to the next guy...rinse & repeat

mike montgomery never played that game so the bears have been losing ground in rabb's recruitment of late...and then there's the state championship game in sacramento with bod that it appears that only travis decuire attended from the cal coaching staff

so the hiring of travis decuire (who has attended several of ivan's games this year including a late season tilt at berkeley hs) would be a HUGE development in the rabb recruitment...td gets it, he would put the necessary time in to show ivan the love starting immediately

a key person in ivan's life other than his mom (his dad has not been around much until recently) is his younger bro (non elite bb skills) who is interested in becoming an architect in the hopes of starting a rabb family real estate development firm someday...td needs to connect ivan with cal's business profs that offer relevant classes & also show his brother around cal's architecture school & inspire both of them...maybe the rabb bros could attend summer school in berkeley together

ahmaad rorie (from a single parent family) told me at the washington game that td talks to him almost daily...td is like a father figure/big bro to ahmaad...td gets it

if the recommended coaching staff of travis decuire as head coach, justin labagh as associate head coach & theo robertson as an assistant coach comes to fruition, the bears will FINALLY have the recruiting firepower to compete with arizona

if this staff gets put together, this **** is gonna get serious

let's roll#

NVGolfingBear
"if the recommended coaching staff of travis decuire as head coach, justin labagh as associate head coach & theo robertson as an assistant coach comes to fruition, the bears will FINALLY have the recruiting firepower to compete with arizona"

Shocky1, I'm assuming this is your recommendation or does it have a little more weight behind it?

Love your enthusiasm! Bring it on and get it done!
UCBerkGrad
Blows me away that only TD attended the CIF championship games....especially since it was in Sac. I get why Monty wasn't there, but where were the other coaches? They all should have been there.
mikecohen
Shocky1;842300996 said:

tsub, ivan is being told by brandon ashley & the oakland solidiers coaches that the #1 priority in selecting a college is how much love does the head coach show you...show me the love, come to all my practices & games

don't matter if an arizona degree (90% acceptance rate) will land you a shift supervisor job at the chipotle on speedway & that a degree from the #1 ranked public university in the world will help you become a truly successful real estate developer (which is ivan's career goal other than the nba), it's all about the head coach's love...hs gpas don't matter in this world

which works great for relentless recruiter sean miller...when miller is ready to close on a targeted prospect, he pulls out a deck of playing cards & puts them on the table...he slowly plays each card...each card has miller's handwritten notations re: the date & location he watched that prospect ball out...this is a highly effective recuiting ploy for impressionable young players that have big dreams for the nba with no fallback position...and when the nba doesn't work out for the vast majority of these guys, miller has aleady moved on to the next guy...rinse & repeat

mike montgomery never played that game so the bears have been losing ground in rabb's recruitment of late...and then there's the state championship game in sacramento with bod that it appears that only travis decuire attended from the cal coaching staff

so the hiring of travis decuire (who has attended several of ivan's games this year including a late season tilt at berkeley hs) would be a HUGE development in the rabb recruitment...td gets it, he would put the necessary time in to show ivan the love starting immediately

a key person in ivan's life other than his mom (his dad has not been around much until recently) is his younger bro (non elite bb skills) who is interested in becoming an architect in the hopes of starting a rabb family real estate development firm someday...td needs to connect ivan with cal's business profs that offer relevant classes & also show his brother around cal's architecture school...maybe the could attend summer school in berkeley together

ahmaad rorie (from a single parent family) told me at the washington game that td talks to him almost daily...td is like a father figure/big bro to ahmaad...td gets it

if the recommended coaching staff of travis decuire as head coach, justin labagh as associate head coach & theo robertson as an assistant coach comes to fruition, the bears will FINALLY have the recruiting firepower to compete with arizona

if this staff gets put together, this **** is gonna get serious

let's roll#

I have the impression that at least 2 or 3 others of the current staff have qualities needed by and helpful to this team that may not be possessed by the very good prospective coaching triumvirate you posit; and I trust you did not intend to leave those others out.
Shocky1
mikecohen;842301024 said:

I have the impression that at least 2 or 3 others of the current staff have qualities needed by and helpful to this team that may not be possessed by the very good prospective coaching triumvirate you posit; and I trust you did not intend to leave those others out.

agreed, both gregg gottlieb & john montgomery are both intense, high character coaches who do things the right way...several of the current bears are in berkeley as a direct result of their recruiting efforts
"Ageed, both gregg gottlieb & john montgomery are both intense, high character coaches who do things the right way...several of the current bears"

God, I sure hope this back end does not happen at all.

I am far from sold on the front end as well.

6 years with this staff....................very little in the way of overall recruited talent whatsoever.

We have to do better. We can't,........ standing pat.
UCBerkGrad
This staff produced the winningest team not named Arizona or UCLA during their tenure.

You are unhappy with the talent? if so, then you must be extremely happy with their ability to coach lesser talent.

You prefer one-and-dones? I prefer wins.
Shocky1
1947;842301059 said:

"Ageed, both gregg gottlieb & john montgomery are both intense, high character coaches who do things the right way...several of the current bears"

God, I sure hope this back end does not happen at all.

I am far from sold on the front end as well.

6 years with this staff....................very little in the way of overall recruited talent whatsoever.

We have to do better. We can't,........ standing pat.

guess what, old timer?

this staff produced the most successful cal bb teams during the last half a century in berkeley

1947=proof that just because you get older you don't automatically get smarter
Shocky1
GoldenBear1;842300927 said:

If TD is the guy I really hope they make the hire very soon.
Love the Labagh and Theo suggestions to be on staff.
Lets get this wrapped up, start recruiting and have fun!!!
College basketball and sports in general is fun, but nothing more fun than winning big.
Well maybe add a personal Yoga instructor...

in these challenging times surrounded by chaos & opportunities, it's important to touch base with our inner mr brightside
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=mr+brightside+video&FORM=VIRE2#view=detail&mid=E4B865787ABCC9E7DBB9E4B865787ABCC9E7DBB9

& also appreciate the teachings of our hot & wise yoga instructor

chancellor nicky d & his crew (sandy barbour & vice chancellor john wilton) will ideally have the national search process completed & a new cal bb hc named by fri of next week

namastae#
stu
I have to agree with Shocky1 -- Travis, Theo, and Justin would make a monster staff.
"this staff produced the most successful cal bb teams during the last half a century in berkeley"

AND.............pal, that's the problem with it all...............if those numbers represent the best we shoot for.

As heyman usta say.............."why are we in the pac-10 ?"
Shocky1

after attending the asu game, it has become apparent that major changes within the cal bb program are necessary

therefore effective immediately i am humbly offering my services to recruit & manage the cal bb dance & cheerleading squads...it will be necessary for vandalus to resign from his law firm to assist in the relentless recruitment of qualified student athletes

the key to success will include:

*****mandatory yoga classes mon, wed & thurs
*****navy seal level intense s&c workouts with scott thom tues & fri
*****6:00 am wed timing & endurance session at the lake merritt rowing club with choreographer stu
*****walking golf rounds carrying our clubs on sat mornings
*****2 hr walks with rescue dogs from the berkeley no kill animal shelter on sun evenings
*****training table meals with all food organically grown...effective immediately blondies & top dog will be banned food groups (except for me)

but it won't be all work & no fun...we will travel to sydney (on my dime) for an annual spring break team building week

my guess is that we will eventually be so successful & internationally well regarded that we will make invited guest appearances at the milan fashion week, the olympics opening ceremonies & the united states presidential inauguration

this would be a tremendous sacrifice on my part but you are either part of the solution or part of the problem, there's nothing else

create greatness#

IT Dept Note: This is NOT going to happen.

it has been determined that roger moute a bidias will need to serve on the selection committee with me & vandalus to ensure more internationally diverse dance & cheerleading squads next season

night club hero with deep range skills from the vip section jeff powers wanted to serve too but his eligibility has expired...sorry super powers
Shocky1
1947;842301140 said:

"this staff produced the most successful cal bb teams during the last half a century in berkeley"

AND.............pal, that's the problem with it all...............if those numbers represent the best we shoot for.

As heyman usta say.............."why are we in the pac-10 ?"

always carry an extra blue pill in case the cutie with the purple bow in her hair winks at you at bingo nite & embrace the future of cal bb without fear

no worries, i've got this whole thing worked out (in my mind)

smile more

-dr shock

the bear would not quit, the bear would not die#
"i've got this whole thing worked out (in my mind)"

You and "mind".

Two words; in your case, not sure they are related but if they are.... ...........................that's why
I'm worried.
Shocky1
jakob, cal's international house (better known as the "i house") is a program center & campus residence for students around the world

international house's stated mission: to promote cross-cultural experiences and leadership skills for a world of greater understanding

international house's unstated mission: to create opportunities for guys from austria to meet hot girls from other countries

:gobears:

89Bear
I can get behind TD, Justin, and Theo. I would be interested to see what their recruiting and energy can bring.
Shocky1
if cal wasn't the #1 ranked public university in the world with challenging academics for our student athletes, this is what my recommended coaching staff would look like...all of them would be tremendous recruiters

mack the truck, shaka smart, chaka kahn, mark few, mark more, the miller bros, the marshall plan & kickin' josh pasternack (54-60 as a hc at new orleans) have all built their reps by recuiting dumb azz 2.5 gpa ballers & winning games

the last half a century of cal bb has proven that recruiting/retaining low gpa players will not be a successful strategy in berkeley

the skillset for the next bears staff should include:
*****high character individuals with proven track records of doing things the right way
*****successful recruiters who understand the academic challenges at cal & can relentlessly identify, recruit & retain true student athletes
*****off the charts energy...college bb coaching with its 100+ aau/hs games a yr targeting recruits is best suited to youthful candidates...nobody over 50 with an aarp card is an ideal candidate
*****style of play...bears need to play more up tempo to attract elite players & sell tixs
*****charismatic

with this in mind, my recommended cal bb staff includes:
*****travis decuire, head coach
*****justin labagh, associate head coach
*****theo robertson, assistant coach
both gregg gottlieb & john montgomery would also be strong candidates for an assistant coach position

let's roll#
Shocky1
good luck to td today during his interview with sandy barbour in dallas

during my conversation with sb in the ad suite on the university level of memorial during the ohio state fb game she told me that if after the national search was completed that "nobody would be happier than me (meaning herself) if travis was the best qualified candidate to become cal's next basketball head coach"

travis, enjoy the moment, your path to this point has been a journey, not a destination...you have taken many steps in coming of age

afterall, you ain't some candy azz soft stooopid dumb azz

it's a new morning for cal basketball

according to blaine taylor who coached travis decuire at montana, "i saw him after his interview and he was relaxed, felt it went well"

td has a 2nd interview tomorrow

also receiving 2nd interviews include mike brey, russ turner & ben howland
Shocky1
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1195501/3/index.htm

red flags everywhere#

Shocky1
congratulations to the uconn huskies the for winning a national championship with true student athletes

this national championship is due to the foresight of then new athletic director warde manuel recognizing (without an expensive national search) after hall of fame coach jim calhoun's retirement that assistant coach kevin ollie was the right person to lead the connecticut bb program forward into the future

HoopDreams
Big C
Shocky, got any thoughts/opinions on Joe Pasternack that you'd care to share? We promise to keep everything "entre nous", so don't be afraid to be startlingly candid.
First Page Last Page
Page 76 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.